Page 270 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1702202602682692702712722803203707701270 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,100 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that yesterday at work one of the mothers was in my library making some copies for the PTA and she asked me if I had converted to Islam yet. I said No and I had no plans to ever convert. She asked me "what are you if you aren't Muslim?" And I told her I didn't believe in any higher power and she said "well, I feel sorry for you then." I told her not to feel sorry for me, I certainly wasn't sorry, and I walked out of the room and marched right into the principals office and had a nice conversation with her. The principal was pissed, said it was totally inappropriate and would be calling her in and speaking with her. There was a bit more from the mother on "has anyone spoken to you about how wonderful Islam is" blah blah blah and you know for THEM it is wonderful and I'm glad that they have their faith, but I don't believe and I don't need to have someone feel sorry for me because I don't.

I made it 7 months before anyone said anything to me about not being Muslim. Pretty good I think.
    Yowzahs! Just what you need. To be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess I just filed a paypal dispute and I feel sick about it. Like, I have a stomach ache. Why am I such a wuss? She's not returning my emails so she leaves me no choice. But it still SUCKS. I'm afraid she's going to respond and be really angry. I just want her to contact me and tell me where my stuff is!
    Hugs, Bridget. You're doing the right thing; you deserve to know where your items are!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Yowzahs! Just what you need. To be saved.

Right?? Save me please!! I went and asked one of my very liberal co-workers today "do you get extra points or something if you convert someone?" She laughed and said "No, only if you introduce them and they marry."

Right?? Save me please!! I went and asked one of my very liberal co-workers today "do you get extra points or something if you convert someone?" She laughed and said "No, only if you introduce them and they marry."
    Hilarious. Ohhhh, I needed that laugh.

I confess I just filed a paypal dispute and I feel sick about it. Like, I have a stomach ache. Why am I such a wuss? She's not returning my emails so she leaves me no choice. But it still SUCKS. I'm afraid she's going to respond and be really angry. I just want her to contact me and tell me where my stuff is!

How long ago did you buy? Did she send through PayPal so you can track it??

How long ago did you buy? Did she send through PayPal so you can track it??
    Jan 20th I sent payment and she said she was sending it out the next day. She only lives a couple of hours from me. There is no tracking number in my paypal account. I emailed her several times and only heard back once about a week ago when she said she'd check on it and get back to me. Not a word since. I just feel so strange about it. We spoke on the phone right before I paid her and it seemed like we really clicked.

I used to have someone on ignore and sometimes couldn't help myself either. Thankfully it's not be an issue for a while.

Bridget you are TOTALLY doing the right thing. You need to stand up for yourself and find your inner b*tch. Really it's not like you haven't given her a chance. You paid and gave her plenty of time to send you the items and respond back to you.

Jenny, I really can't believe that you made it this long before someone pulled that!

And yeah for all the pottying! I have only dealt with that in babysitting (though I have a great story of a 2 yr old girl needing to poo and I asked my sister to stick her on the toilet...she had been a few weeks/months of going...and my sister started screaming for me because there was poo down her legs, all over the side of the toilet...it was NOT pretty and after that she said she would rather do the kitchen clean up than help a kid use the bathroom....oh and this was a family friend's kids I was watching so they all knew I was in charge but my sister was my helper).

I also did potty train my girl Cosmo...she was really pretty easy to potty train to use the litter box. The biggest problem was getting her to realize that she needed both ends in the box to pee....just the front paws didn't quite cut it. Dh even found the perfect cardboard box so that her litter tray had sides up on three sides...that really helped. Took less than two weeks for a puppy. Once that was totally down, we trained her to also go outside when that was an option.
    Course Cosmo is now 6.5 years old and still expects and gets a milkbone every time she goes. So she literally waits for me to tell her to go and say the words I'm watching...so she gets her treat. And she will pee, get a treat, than within minutes will poo so she gets another treat (this only works in the litter box).
    So maybe it's not so much that I've got Cosmo trained...it's really that Cosmo has ME trained! LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess....I went to the dentist today and at 31 years old, I still haven't had any cavities! Yay me!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I have nobody on ignore. I can't stand not knowing what people are saying. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I confess....I went to the dentist today and at 31 years old, I still haven't had any cavities! Yay me!
    Congrats! I haven't had any either, which is pretty good considering I go to the dentist very sporadically. LOL

I confess that I REALLY slept like crap last night. Today is the 3D ultrasound and I dreamt about it ALL NIGHT LONG!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

How exciting Janeen!

It's a bit nerve wracking too.

We have like 10 people going with us and ALL of my coworkers are going to be watching it live, online at work, on the big screen plasma tv in the conference room. My mom is going to be watching it in California too. I know I have no control over it but I just keep thinking that with my luck and all these people watching, baby will probably be uncooperative and we won't get any shots! LOL

I remember you saying that. So you got all those people to pay to see it? Who all is going with you?
    Good luck...no pressure! It'll be fine. I hope you get some good shots!

A couple of friends are going, my sister, her oldest son and his girlfriend and a bunch of friends that Jimi works with.

At my work, they are only paying the $12.95 once and putting it on the tv so everyone can see it. Cheating the system? LOL

Janeen, that is awesome you are so surrounded with love and support! Goodness. I was so lonely in Hawaii during my pregnancy. I felt like it was just me and my belly.
    I confess that Savana was throwing a fit yesterday when one of the parents came to pick up their child. She was upset that she didn't want to have bagels and cream cheese for snack. She had just woken up from her nap and was being a grouch. The girls mom kept saying "Awww" like she felt so bad for Savana and then actually said to me, "Are you really not going to make her something else?" I was like, "Um. No, I'm not going to make her something else. She actually likes bagels and cream cheese." The mom said, "Oh, poor baby."
    I was extremely annoyed by that but didn't want to get all defensive so I zipped it. I mean, I never make anything that I know for a fact a child doesn't like. In fact, I put a ton of effort into planning me menus based on what kids like and this particular woman's daughter is the pickiest of the bunch and is only here three days a week so I make special care to serve things I know she likes on those days.
    I have to admit that it's really been bugging me that she acted like I'm some kind of an ogre when it couldn't be further from the way that I am with kids.
    And for the record, Savana had an entire bagel with cream cheese after the mom left.

Janeen, that is awesome you are so surrounded with love and support! Goodness. I was so lonely in Hawaii during my pregnancy. I felt like it was just me and my belly.
    I confess that Savana was throwing a fit yesterday when one of the parents came to pick up their child. She was upset that she didn't want to have bagels and cream cheese for snack. She had just woken up from her nap and was being a grouch. The girls mom kept saying "Awww" like she felt so bad for Savana and then actually said to me, "Are you really not going to make her something else?" I was like, "Um. No, I'm not going to make her something else. She actually likes bagels and cream cheese." The mom said, "Oh, poor baby."
    I was extremely annoyed by that but didn't want to get all defensive so I zipped it. I mean, I never make anything that I know for a fact a child doesn't like. In fact, I put a ton of effort into planning me menus based on what kids like and this particular woman's daughter is the pickiest of the bunch and is only here three days a week so I make special care to serve things I know she likes on those days.
    I have to admit that it's really been bugging me that she acted like I'm some kind of an ogre when it couldn't be further from the way that I am with kids.
    And for the record, Savana had an entire bagel with cream cheese after the mom left.
    Of course she ate it AFTER she left.

Be sure and tell the mom about how she ate it all up...and I would even throw in that she asked for more for special effects.

That was pretty rude of her. Probably why her kid is so picky, her mom gives her whatever she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    That was pretty rude of her. Probably why her kid is so picky, her mom gives her whatever she wants.
    Yes, she's the four year old with the paci who keeps giving it up to the "paci fairy" and getting a gift every time she gives it up only to have mom go buy her another one. She now has five gifts from the paci fairy.

BWAHAHAHAHA Awesome. And really, I'm amazed you have had conversion attempts much sooner. It's nice the principal was not happy about the confrontation though - that she's supporting you.

So maybe it's not so much that I've got Cosmo trained...it's really that Cosmo has ME trained! LOL
    This reminds me of story in a dog training book (Good Owners, Great Dogs by Brian Kilcommons - who apprenticed under Barbara Woodhouse . . . Walkies!!). Somehow a grayhound, named Apple, did a fantastic job training his humans. If I remember correctly, dinner involved a little dry food, some canned food, lots of cottage cheese . . . and both his humans going out into the hallway and ringing the doorbell before he would eat.

I am so jealous. 80% of my molars have metal in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    A couple of friends are going, my sister, her oldest son and his girlfriend and a bunch of friends that Jimi works with.

At my work, they are only paying the $12.95 once and putting it on the tv so everyone can see it. Cheating the system? LOL
    I'm just at this. How awesome that you have so much support, even from your co-workers!!! That's just amazing!

Yes, she's the four year old with the paci who keeps giving it up to the "paci fairy" and getting a gift every time she gives it up only to have mom go buy her another one. She now has five gifts from the paci fairy.
    Hmmm, sounds like Apple and Cosmo - she has her mom trained quite well and is working the system to get more gifts.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

OMG I just got the best news ever!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, I was dreaming about this ultrasound all night long. Well, my sister is letting me borrow the money for the nursery furniture set I want and then we are paying her back. We could afford it in April but I want to get it sooner and she gets fat tax refunds. Last night one of my dreams was that we went to the ultrasound and she asked me if I would like to go shopping after the appointment because she got her money. I just talked to her and she asked if I wanted to go shopping today. YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! She got her money!!!! This is the crib I am getting, along with the dresser and changing table that go with it:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...+american+home

This is going to be the most awesome pregnancy day yet!!!!!!!

Furnace computer brains are not as expensive as I thought they were. When I heard it was the brain, I 4-figure amounts running through my brain (as in OVER $1000).
    Cost us $35 the first night for the trip to come diagnose, and then last night was $219 for the part and $125 for the labor - and he was there almost 2 hours checking things out, installing part and cleaning some furnace guts. He said the warranty on furnace brains usually isn't more than 5 years, so I'm counting my blessings it lasted 7 years. He says it also needs an "overheating sensor", which will be about $30. We're going to pick it up today and install it ourselves tonight.

These are good guys who I trust to not cheat us. Now to get an electrician and a plumber in my pocket and we're set for home repairs!

I'm watching a very interesting TED lecture about the moral roots of liberals and conservatives. If anyone's interested: http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_ha...oral_mind.html

How do you guys feel about having rules and taking turns in an "open gym" setting? We just went to one today and I'd say the kids were age 1 to 5--mostly 3-4 year olds though I'd say. Josh saw a kid bouncing on a trampoline with a lady who works there and he hopped on up and started jumping with them. She grabbed him and put him down on the floor. Come to find out you have to take turns (it's one of those long trampolines, not a little round one or anything. I was 1) miffed that she picked Josh up and 2) a little turned off by having to take turns on something that had plenty of space. Also about 2/3 of the gym room was off limits because it was set up for an older kids gym class. I like our other place better--it's further away but the whole room can be used and there is no structure. I want him to learn about taking turns, but I expect that in a class setting, not an open gym. Am I wrong?

Janeen that is so cool about the shopping.

I hadn't thought about it before and didn't know such places existed.
    I suppose I'd be fine with either, but I think the lady should have explained to you first what their rules were and not just picked him up and moved him on her own.

Yeah they never even did speak to me about it, I just finally figured out by watching that you were supposed to wait your turn.

The open gym was a pain, but I would like to observe a class--it's really right down the street from me. I want to like it!

shutterbird Guest

I would think that an open gym was more lenient, but if there are a lot of kids, there have to be some rules/turns/etc.

I guess that's true, but the other gym we go to has just about as many kids attending and they can all jump along the trampoline. It was up to the parents to make sure the kids were being fair. The other one has a smaller group I guess. There were about 12 kids at this new one and people were saying it was relatively quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

Hmmm, sounds like Apple and Cosmo - she has her mom trained quite well and is working the system to get more gifts.
    My MIL is the worst with dogs. DH's first one...well we were babysitting him when first dating when his mom was out of town. I about fell over laughing when DH told me we had to go to McDonalds to get Sonny some hamburgers because that was the ONLY thing he would eat when mom was out of town. LOL Current dog is just as bad.

At least Cosmo has to do something in the correct spot before she gets a treat. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I would think that it might be a safety issue with too many kids running crazy and not taking turns? Might be nice to have some structure and rules and NOT have to depend on the other parents to make sure that all are playing fair.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Janeen have fun shopping and at the ultrasound!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36