Page 268 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1682182582662672682692702783183687681268 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,040 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

I confess my scrubs came in! I was so excited to see the package in front of the door!!

Psst - Ashley,

Congrats on being "written up" at work.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

3. Default

lol... thanks. It scared the crap outta me when she started walkin towards me with a write up sheet..... but they use the same form for "excellent performance evaluations" lol

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess it's cold and blowing snow outside and it's days like these I am so so so happy that my commute to work is walking down the steps to my lower level.
    I'm jealous! It wasn't all that fun driving in this morning.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ashley, which shirt did you end up going with?

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Dan Savage is my homeboy too. I read him every day, though I've never actually listened to his podcasts. I should check them out.
    Oh, you REALLY should. They are awesome. And there is a big back catalog to enjoy!
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess one of the teachers at school today had to call CPS for one of our students. I want to cry right now. I am not someone who cries easily. Still haven't cried about my uncle, to be honest.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess one of the teachers at school today had to call CPS for one of our students. I want to cry right now. I am not someone who cries easily. Still haven't cried about my uncle, to be honest.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Ashley, which shirt did you end up going with?
    I decided I was going to get all three... but could only get one right now... so I went with the black one with white and pink roses...

Im glad I did... because I really like it now that its here!!! plus I needed one that went with black pants, as the one pair of scrubs I already have goes with brown.. and I didn't want to wear the same pants everyday, or the same color, and have people think I was wearing the same pants! lol

I confess that Mia peed on the potty for the first time tonight.

Yay Mia!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I decided I was going to get all three... but could only get one right now... so I went with the black one with white and pink roses...

Im glad I did... because I really like it now that its here!!! plus I needed one that went with black pants, as the one pair of scrubs I already have goes with brown.. and I didn't want to wear the same pants everyday, or the same color, and have people think I was wearing the same pants! lol
    Ah cool! Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Oh, you REALLY should. They are awesome. And there is a big back catalog to enjoy!
    Hey, I listened to the most recent one. I liked what he had to say about Iris Robinson. Don't you just love it when outspoken homophobics get busted in a sex scandal?

shutterbird Guest

Sarah, hooray for Mia peeing on the potty! I can't get Lore to PT to save my life.

Ashley, great choice!

I confess I filed our taxes today after nearly chewing my lip off. I really need to get more organized when it comes to the past taxes, printing, etc. I nearly couldn't find some of the info that I needed.

I can't wait for our return. It's not as much as we had hoped, but we have some fun plans for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Hey, I listened to the most recent one. I liked what he had to say about Iris Robinson. Don't you just love it when outspoken homophobics get busted in a sex scandal?
    Why, yes, I do!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Josh was doing really well with PTing today. I kept asking him if he had to go and he would say no but he was also staying dry. Once in a while he'd go sit down without being asked and sometime he peed. Then he peed all over my computer chair. LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I like hearing all the potty training successes. Yah for Mia, congrats to Josh!

It really took dedication on our part to do the potty training at the beginning, and even by the second day of setting the timer every 15 minutes, we were wondering if they were ever going to catch on. The third day of non-stop pt-ing, it was like they suddenly realized what we were after.

Claire is really, really good now (and she started out not being as good). She goes by herself, doesn't need reminders. Ro started out better but now needs to be reminded to take a potty break every half hour or so, and if we forget to remind him there is usually an accident.

shutterbird Guest

Lydia, thanks for bringing the timer back up. I've heard of doing it that way before, so I'll definitely have to give it another go.

We're not really attempting it yet, but last night when Liam peed in the tub I found myself telling him what he was doing. I figure it's not too early to give the function a name and since the situation presented itself. . . .
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Argh. All of this potty training talk is making me squirm. Kai is so totally uninterested. He also pees so much that he wets a diaper like every 10-30 minutes. His nighttime diapers are totally soaking wet, even if I change him right before I go to bed. I'm quite sure he could not master the bladder control. He also wakes up almost every night asking for water and chugs a whole glass. I don't know why he's so thirsty. And why he pees so much. And he's so small. I feel like something is off but his pedi thinks I'm nuts.

Argh. All of this potty training talk is making me squirm. Kai is so totally uninterested. He also pees so much that he wets a diaper like every 10-30 minutes. His nighttime diapers are totally soaking wet, even if I change him right before I go to bed. I'm quite sure he could not master the bladder control. He also wakes up almost every night asking for water and chugs a whole glass. I don't know why he's so thirsty. And why he pees so much. And he's so small. I feel like something is off but his pedi thinks I'm nuts.
    Have they ever tested his blood sugar?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Have they ever tested his blood sugar?
    Yes. At my adamant request. I got a call from him saying everything was normal. But I never saw the tests nor questioned further. It was kind of like an, "I told you he was fine and we went through all that trouble for nothing" type of call. His blood draws were really, really hard. They had to try four times, four different appts before they got it. This has resulted in Kai being totally terrified of dr's.
    My HMO is about to change so I'll be switching pedis and plan to revisit the whole issue.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, Ro was peeing every 15-20 minutes, and soaks overnight diapers. When I first started pt-ing, setting the timer every 30, and then every 20minutes was not enough. Weird, because Claire can go for hours without peeing.

Anyway, now that he's much more aware of it, he's starting to hold it. He never pees in the car, or when we're in a store for errands. He can hold it for an hour now, but we tend to get more accidents if we don't remind him about every 30 minutes.

The other thing is every once in a while my kids have wanted water in the middle of the night, and can drink 8 oz apiece right before bed and halfway through the night. After one night of getting water, they ask for it every night. I finally realized it was more of a habit than a need, especially since they started incorporating every other thing into their routine (Can I go snuggle with you in the big bed? I want a snack! I want some milk! etc.). I finally couldn't face these middle-of-the-night 30 minute routines any longer, and told them to wait until morning. A few nights of reminding them to wait, and they don't wake up and ask for stuff anymore.

Of course, I'm one to talk about drinking in the middle of the night. I drink 32 oz of water between when I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. And I pay for it with 4-8 bathroom trips.

Still, it's worth it to check a sugar level on a frequent drinker/pee-er. I snuck a little urine sample in to my last OB visit and ran a strip on it while I was using the bathroom myself. And I did an earlier one at 12 months because of the frequent peeing. Ro is small, too.

I basically just wanted to give you encouragement that you can train a frequent pee-er, and actually it helps a little bit because there is a higher frequency of association. When you pee and sit on the potty 20 times in a day, there is a faster connection than just peeing 5 times in a day and sitting on the potty.

I don't think I have ever written pee so much in one sitting! Now I have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Bridget, Ro was peeing every 15-20 minutes, and soaks overnight diapers. When I first started pt-ing, setting the timer every 30, and then every 20minutes was not enough. Weird, because Claire can go for hours without peeing.

Anyway, now that he's much more aware of it, he's starting to hold it. He never pees in the car, or when we're in a store for errands. He can hold it for an hour now, but we tend to get more accidents if we don't remind him about every 30 minutes.

The other thing is every once in a while my kids have wanted water in the middle of the night, and can drink 8 oz apiece right before bed and halfway through the night. After one night of getting water, they ask for it every night. I finally realized it was more of a habit than a need, especially since they started incorporating every other thing into their routine (Can I go snuggle with you in the big bed? I want a snack! I want some milk! etc.). I finally couldn't face these middle-of-the-night 30 minute routines any longer, and told them to wait until morning. A few nights of reminding them to wait, and they don't wake up and ask for stuff anymore.

Of course, I'm one to talk about drinking in the middle of the night. I drink 32 oz of water between when I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. And I pay for it with 4-8 bathroom trips.

Still, it's worth it to check a sugar level on a frequent drinker/pee-er. I snuck a little urine sample in to my last OB visit and ran a strip on it while I was using the bathroom myself. And I did an earlier one at 12 months because of the frequent peeing. Ro is small, too.

I basically just wanted to give you encouragement that you can train a frequent pee-er, and actually it helps a little bit because there is a higher frequency of association. When you pee and sit on the potty 20 times in a day, there is a faster connection than just peeing 5 times in a day and sitting on the potty.

I don't think I have ever written pee so much in one sitting! Now I have to go.

Thank you.

I confess that my kids really want some farm animal legos, ever since we got this farm book from the library where all the pictures are made with legos. So I took a look on craigslist and found an ad for someone with a big bin of legos for sale. It said "make me an offer." I offered $20 with a disclaimer that I really had no idea what price range she had in mind.
    She just emailed me back she was looking for around $300.
    Who knew?

Wow, it must be a giant bin! LOL

I confess I just asked DH to give me a hug. I didn't realize he'd just given a plate of shrimp to the cat and had shrimp all over his fingers. So he showed me his shrimpy hands, grabbed me as I tried to get away, hugged, ran his fingers through my hair, then went and washed his hands. I'd just finished saying I needed to take a shower but was cold and didn't want to change so I was going to wait until tomorrow morning. Argh! I REALLY don't want to go wash my hair right now!

$300 for some ****ing Legos!?! Are they gold plated?

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I just asked DH to give me a hug. I didn't realize he'd just given a plate of shrimp to the cat and had shrimp all over his fingers. So he showed me his shrimpy hands, grabbed me as I tried to get away, hugged, ran his fingers through my hair, then went and washed his hands. I'd just finished saying I needed to take a shower but was cold and didn't want to change so I was going to wait until tomorrow morning. Argh! I REALLY don't want to go wash my hair right now!
    OMG EWWWWWW. That would piss me off!

OMG EWWWWWW. That would piss me off!
    He was totally teasing me but ... yeah ... EWWWWWWWWWWWW. What am I doing still here and not in the shower? Oh, yeah, it's really cold.