Page 267 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1672172572652662672682692773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,010 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess.....that my christmas tree is still up! LOL DH likes it up for his b-day in Jan. Than he said Ground Hog's Day. And he worked this past weekend and I didn't want to do it all by myself. Maybe this weekend it will come down. Thankfully it's not a real tree! LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

2. Default

I confess I hate Valentines day.. Always have, and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I hate Valentines day.. Always have, and always will...
    Eh it's nothing really to me too. I don't care to get a card because I'm supposed to. And I don't like how much extra they charge for flowers and such. And I really do not want to go out to eat when the restaurants will be extra crowded and service and food won't be as great.

Normally I do make cut out frosted sugar cookies in heart shapes though...but not this year as DH and I are on a diet.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess....we started a healthy eating, losing weight diet. In the first week, I lost about 3.5 lbs. I'm happy with that. Than DH gets on the Wii Fit...and in one week he freaking lost 14 lbs!!!! OMG. He's still eating, I have seen it. He's not counting calories like I am and he hasn't added exercise like I have (not a lot yet but some). he's just snacking a lot less and not drinking in liquid calories...and eating more veggies like I am. I am sure that he was probably retaining a lot more water than me because he really loves salty snacks, nuts, chex mix, that sort of thing. But still....I have been really trying hard and am putting in a lot of effort, he puts in a little effort and loses a lot more easily. Men.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that I love toast.

stephmama - I confess that the picture in your siggy makes Drew Brees look like he has four arms. No wonder his team won

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm wondering how much weight you have to lose before you feel a change in how your pants fit. I've been on a diet for a couple weeks, and yes I have cheated but I've been eating much more fruit and veggies, hardly drinking any soda and really cutting down on snacks. I don't have a scale but I don't feel like my clothes fit any different and I don't look any different. Is it because I'm not working out? Or is it possible I'm losing weight but not enough to feel a difference?
    I know if I get a scale I'll be obsessive about weighing myself so I'm trying to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I confess....we started a healthy eating, losing weight diet. In the first week, I lost about 3.5 lbs. I'm happy with that. Than DH gets on the Wii Fit...and in one week he freaking lost 14 lbs!!!! OMG. He's still eating, I have seen it. He's not counting calories like I am and he hasn't added exercise like I have (not a lot yet but some). he's just snacking a lot less and not drinking in liquid calories...and eating more veggies like I am. I am sure that he was probably retaining a lot more water than me because he really loves salty snacks, nuts, chex mix, that sort of thing. But still....I have been really trying hard and am putting in a lot of effort, he puts in a little effort and loses a lot more easily. Men.
    Sucks, doesn't it? I'm happy that Tred lost weight just by reducing his carb intake (recent diabetes diagnosis), but it's frustrating that he hasn't really been exercising. He lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks.

He's losing it. And I'm finding it.

My 21st birthday was my worst. My mother kidnapped me and took me to a birthday party hosted by a friend who was about to become an ex-friend. I remember sitting in the car being pissed off.

Normally I don't stress about age and freely give the honest answer when asked. But for some reason the fact that I'm turning 40 in June, and have a small toddler, really kinda bothers me. Each point on it's own is not biggie, but having a small one and being 40 is slightly freaking me out.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm wondering how much weight you have to lose before you feel a change in how your pants fit. I've been on a diet for a couple weeks, and yes I have cheated but I've been eating much more fruit and veggies, hardly drinking any soda and really cutting down on snacks. I don't have a scale but I don't feel like my clothes fit any different and I don't look any different. Is it because I'm not working out? Or is it possible I'm losing weight but not enough to feel a difference?
    I know if I get a scale I'll be obsessive about weighing myself so I'm trying to avoid that.
    Depends on how much you have to lose. Also depends on if your pants have stretch in them. LOL I figure for me it will probably take 10-20 lbs.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You should exercise too. Muscle burns fat.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    You should exercise too. Muscle burns fat.
    Yep! I noticed a big difference last year when I was working out daily, swimming, etc. Since I stopped, my clothes just feel wrong.

I know I should...but I really cannot justify paying any more than like $20 a month for going on the bike or treadmill for an hour a day...and gyms just aren't that cheap! I need to lose at least 20, preferably 30. And no I don't wear pants with any stretch. I wear mostly nice black pants. Jeans never fit me right so I gave up on them.
    I have scoliosis, so I like to tell myself my pooch is more pronounced because my lower back sways in like that. LOL

I would love to have a gym membership but since I don't right now, I work out at home. I just have a nice little collection of dvd's and I check some out at the library every now and then too for something different. I have some dumbbells I use in my work outs too.

Good idea! Speaking of the library I just got my first library card since I was a teen. LOL
    I was thinking of taking up jogging outside when the weather gets warmer...

Even just a little exercise makes a difference. Just do whatever you can manage, even if you can't make it to the gym.

I confess that I don't have a library card because I took some books out 7 years ago and forgot to return them. I'm too ashamed to go back.

LOL Sarah! That's probably why I never went back either...I used to be horrible about returning books! But I live in a different town now, so I can start fresh!
    I confess I took out books and a video about going potty for Josh.

I confess that I take care of a little boy who is a face grabber. Always with pinching lips, cheeks, pulling hair. The other kids are very annoyed by it. Today he stuck his finger in Savana's mouth and she chomped down! OMG I was so mad that she did that. I was crying. He was crying. She was crying. It was such a mess. Now I'm not taking her to tour her dance school tonight. Not after that.

Also, I need this oral surgery called an Apico (?) I'm having a hard time finding someone to do it for me. I think I found someone but they need my records from my dentist. I need it done asap and I just called the dentist that told me I needed it done to see if they could send my my file/xrays. I already signed the medical release but had to give them my credit card to pay for them. She said it would take four weeks for them to send them out. WTF??? I said is there any way we can do it sooner. I really need this procedure done. She said no because the dentist is going out of town next week. I asked her to correct me if I was wrong but isn't my file sitting right in front of her? Yes. Okay, I asked her if all she needed to do was put those files in an envelope and send them to me? No, they have to make copies. I asked her if they had a copy machine on site. Yes. I asked her why it takes four weeks, especially if I am saying I really need them sooner. She said because as she told me, the dentist is going out of town next week and he is the one that has to do it. The fracking place is over an hour away or I'd go pick them up myself. How utterly annoying.

Ugggh that sucks Bridget. So he's going out of town next week for 3 weeks?

Ugggh that sucks Bridget. So he's going out of town next week for 3 weeks?
    I doubt it. Even if he was, how long does it actually take to make a freaking copy and put it in the mail. A few minutes? This whole scene with me trying to get this procedure done has been such a joke.

Doctors waste so much time...it happens all the time!

I confess I've seen or heard at least 4 references to the Buddhist practice of living in the moment in the past week..maybe I am just seeing what I want to see but I'm starting to think it's trying to tell me something LOL

Doctors waste so much time...it happens all the time!

I confess I've seen or heard at least 4 references to the Buddhist practice of living in the moment in the past week..maybe I am just seeing what I want to see but I'm starting to think it's trying to tell me something LOL
    Go with it! It can't hurt.
    And yeah, I just keep thinking she had a choice during that conversation with me. She could have just as easily said, "Sure, I'll take care of this for you and get this out." But no. They are probably allowed four weeks to do it so she's gonna take four weeks.

I confess I hate confrontation but I actually said something to my MIL just now. She took care of Josh today so I could get some things done and she usually ends up keeping him all day when she takes him...so anyway when she brought him back I asked if he did anything on the potty. I decided to try a little more to see if he would catch on and she is pretty good about staying on him about it. She shook her head and said no. So then I said I may just wait a little while, and she said why would you wait? And I said to see if he's ready when he's a little older and she said No, he should have been trained when he was 2 and he's not trained because he's lazy and nobody has been keeping up with it. So me staying home all last week meant nothing I guess? I got upset and said ok, you can leave now, bye! don't call my son lazy!

She's never really seen me stand up to her like that. She's probably laughing about it now. Whatever. Don't call my son lazy. I am so mad.

Men lose weight quicker than women most of the time so all you ladies with DHs who lose it quick with little effort, blame gender! I do! My DH lost about 60lbs when I was PG with Elle just by working out. He still "forages" at night, pigs out on unhealthy snacks, but he just works out at least 1 hour or 1.5 hours per day, including his bike to work, which he does everyday and it just melts off of him. I can't lose anything without really making sure I make good food choices and limit sugar and white carbs. It's just easier for them so I do my best not to even ask how much he lost or anything. He did stop working out though the past few months and has put on some weight and is upset that I lost while he gained so now he is going back to the gym LOL.

I also agree about working out at home and not at the gym. I am about to buy a new treadmill and already own some weights. My old treadmill was broken by someone who wanted to use it and were over the 350lb limit and I am pretty uspet about it but I like new things so I'm happy I'll get to get a new one.

I don't like working out with videos because all the ones I get they jump around too much and big boobs and jumping don't mix. Plus I'd like to keep my knee joints from hurting when I'm older. I should probably check the library to see if they have a low impact, high intensity video, but that is probably asking too much.

Oh, and at some libraries if you still have the book, even after 7 years, you can return it and only pay like $5. That is how they do it here and in my hometown anyway. I lost a book for 3 years and found it and took it back and only had to pay $5 and was happy I got to have my own library card again. I had been using DHs and Ky's.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Go with it! It can't hurt.
    And yeah, I just keep thinking she had a choice during that conversation with me. She could have just as easily said, "Sure, I'll take care of this for you and get this out." But no. They are probably allowed four weeks to do it so she's gonna take four weeks.
    Ugh, lame. It sounds like you busted her in a half-truth, and now she's going to drag her feet to prove her point.

I hope they do get you in sooner, though.

I confess I hate confrontation but I actually said something to my MIL just now. She took care of Josh today so I could get some things done and she usually ends up keeping him all day when she takes him...so anyway when she brought him back I asked if he did anything on the potty. I decided to try a little more to see if he would catch on and she is pretty good about staying on him about it. She shook her head and said no. So then I said I may just wait a little while, and she said why would you wait? And I said to see if he's ready when he's a little older and she said No, he should have been trained when he was 2 and he's not trained because he's lazy and nobody has been keeping up with it. So me staying home all last week meant nothing I guess? I got upset and said ok, you can leave now, bye! don't call my son lazy!

She's never really seen me stand up to her like that. She's probably laughing about it now. Whatever. Don't call my son lazy. I am so mad.
    Wow, how incredibly rude! I'm glad you stood up to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Men lose weight quicker than women most of the time so all you ladies with DHs who lose it quick with little effort, blame gender! I do! My DH lost about 60lbs when I was PG with Elle just by working out. He still "forages" at night, pigs out on unhealthy snacks, but he just works out at least 1 hour or 1.5 hours per day, including his bike to work, which he does everyday and it just melts off of him. I can't lose anything without really making sure I make good food choices and limit sugar and white carbs. It's just easier for them so I do my best not to even ask how much he lost or anything. He did stop working out though the past few months and has put on some weight and is upset that I lost while he gained so now he is going back to the gym LOL.

I also agree about working out at home and not at the gym. I am about to buy a new treadmill and already own some weights. My old treadmill was broken by someone who wanted to use it and were over the 350lb limit and I am pretty uspet about it but I like new things so I'm happy I'll get to get a new one.

I don't like working out with videos because all the ones I get they jump around too much and big boobs and jumping don't mix. Plus I'd like to keep my knee joints from hurting when I'm older. I should probably check the library to see if they have a low impact, high intensity video, but that is probably asking too much.

Oh, and at some libraries if you still have the book, even after 7 years, you can return it and only pay like $5. That is how they do it here and in my hometown anyway. I lost a book for 3 years and found it and took it back and only had to pay $5 and was happy I got to have my own library card again. I had been using DHs and Ky's.

Erin
    Ain't that the truth! I was jumping with Mia yesterday and I had to hold onto my boobs, otherwise it's too painful.

I don't have the books anymore - I completely forgot about them when I left the country, then I came back and have no clue where they are. I'm sure I could sort it out without having to pay too much, I'm mostly just embarrassed. I'm going to have to do it though if I go back to school.

I confess it's cold and blowing snow outside and it's days like these I am so so so happy that my commute to work is walking down the steps to my lower level.

That must be nice Bridget! It's also great that you don't lose a chunk out of your day commuting.

I confess that Stephen Fry is my homeboy: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...atholic-church

(it's really long, I'm not sure anyone can be bothered to watch. I just him.)

And Dan Savage is MY homeboy! I love slog, and his podcast. Oh that reminds me - its tuesday. New Savage LoveCast today. Yay!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Dan Savage is my homeboy too. I read him every day, though I've never actually listened to his podcasts. I should check them out.