Page 263 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1632132532612622632642652733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

That's great Lydia! I'm glad it's working well aside from a few disasters.
    Oh man I wish I could refrain from posting. Even if I think I'm just on to read some posts, I have to throw in my two cents most of the time. I guess I like to listen to myself type. LOL
    Now I need to go look at my post per day average...
    Oh dear! 10. That's bad.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Ashley, I'm a little confused - taking drink orders? I thought you took the job at Hastings. Ours never served drinks of any kind. And I think, being so new on the job, I might have added one of my own dollars to keep from being written up. They should NOT write you up since you ended up being left alone when you were supposed to have help.
    Yeah. I got hired as a Barista in the Hastings Hardback Cafe. but they are crosstraining me so that I can get more hours until my manager in the cafe goes on maternity leave.

and I didn't know my drawer was $5 until it was being audited by a manager.. and by then I couldn't add any money..

My manager in the cafe is "positive they wont write me up".. She says they will most likely write off the $5 as a training error or something.. especially since Im not on the register a whole lot in the cafe.. mainly at the espresso machines..

Ashley, I hope they don't write you up with you being so new and left to yourself.

Lydia, I agree you were missed. And I agree I love the word "catastropoo."
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Ummmmm, yeah. About that post count...

Total Posts: 7,715 (24.96 posts per day)

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Janeen where are you spending all your APA time? LOL

*giggle* Catastropoo..

How is everyone today?
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Janeen where are you spending all your APA time? LOL
    I barge in where ever I see fit.

Well and as I just posted in the random thread I started about this...I usually chat it out in the May Madness Thread every evening.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    high-five for coming up with the word "catastrapoo".
    Yes, this!

That hiking story is rough. I can totally imagine it, the looks from other hikers, being embarrassed. I'm the embarrassed one out of DH and I (it drives him a little crazy sometimes). I can blush up a storm.

I wish you'd join in the general religion discussion, but I'm happy, as always, to blab away if you need to un-work on your post count. I have no idea what mine is...but I bet its pretty low. I spent my first few months here mostly lurking, so that should keep me low. But now I'm curious...

...yep, 4.11. I'm such a light weight. I've been here over THREE years and I don't even have 5000 posts yet. Looooo-ser.
    Last edited by maggie; 02-02-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I beat you, Maggie ... mine's 2.44! Although it took me 2 years to reach 1000 posts and now I've almost doubled that in a few months. Wonder what happened to me?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hey, whoa, I didn't even notice there was a new religions forum.

I think my post frequency is around 7.07 or something. It always been around 7 or so a day. I'm also creeping up on 10,000 posts.

I confess that my diet has been appalling recently. I'm eating almost nothing but bread, cheese, yogurt and candy. No wonder I'm developing muffin tops.

I confess I'm having a very hungry morning! And I even ate a bit more than I usually do. I started a new diet a few days ago...nothing drastic, just keeping track of calories, more veggies. I'm shooting for around 1800-1900 a day. I supposedly need 2600-2900 to maintain depending on how active I am. And since my cold is pretty well gone, started with exercise last night...got in 12 minutes on the machine. I was doing like 25 minutes 4 months ago but I haven't really done anything since so it will take a week or two to work back up again. Drinking lots of water. Got rid of the alcohol in the house except the half bottle of red wine...and when that is gone, it will be gone. No more drunk APA'ing for me!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I am doing basically the same thing Cosmosmom--I confess maybe this diet overhaul is a little much for me...LOL
    First of all I am on pills I cannot drink during, and trust me I tried, with just a little glass of wine and got very tired, so no more of that!
    Then I got the Alli starter pack and I am trying to follow the diet--although I am on week 2 of the menu and I haven't gotten a chance to shop for that menu yet, so I am trying to work with the first menu still, plus just make healthy choices in general. It's not working yet, but admittedly I have cheated a bit. PLUS I hardly ever drink soda anymore. I drink 1 or 2 sugar free red bulls a day which I'm sure is bad just for the grossness of the stuff. Only 10 calories though! LOL
    I kind of thought just by quitting soda and eating more fruit and veggies, the pounds would be coming off quicker, but I guess not. Plus I'm not working out.

I am doing basically the same thing Cosmosmom--I confess maybe this diet overhaul is a little much for me...LOL
    First of all I am on pills I cannot drink during, and trust me I tried, with just a little glass of wine and got very tired, so no more of that!
    Then I got the Alli starter pack and I am trying to follow the diet--although I am on week 2 of the menu and I haven't gotten a chance to shop for that menu yet, so I am trying to work with the first menu still, plus just make healthy choices in general. It's not working yet, but admittedly I have cheated a bit. PLUS I hardly ever drink soda anymore. I drink 1 or 2 sugar free red bulls a day which I'm sure is bad just for the grossness of the stuff. Only 10 calories though! LOL
    I kind of thought just by quitting soda and eating more fruit and veggies, the pounds would be coming off quicker, but I guess not. Plus I'm not working out.

I think that they never come off easy. I do know that I lost 1.5 lbs in the first two days. But I have just cut like around 1000 calories a day from my diet. Plus I started exercise and I know that 12 minutes on the machine is 225 calories for my current weight (it's a gazelle with the added resistance). And I'm probably having a lot less salt by not buying hospital cafeteria food (especially the soups).
    I was getting bad with the alcohol...having at least a few shots every night before bed to help me fall asleep.

I have been using and liking a lot www.sparkpeople.com to keep track of my calories.

I'm lucky in that I do like veggies and broccoli is one of my favorites. I prefer fresh and the trick for is to cut it ahead of time. That way I can just grab some and zap it quickly in the microwave.

My bad thing is pasta. I LOVE noodles and could eat them several times a day every day.

Would really like to lose 70 lbs but right I'm shooting for 30.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I LOVE noodles too. I found some whole wheat egg noodles that aren't bad. I love egg noodles especially. And cheese...so I buy low fat cheese and I end up eating too much of it.
    I like fruit, I was surprised at how good some frozen fruit is, particularly peaches. But I don't really like veg at all and the only kind I've really been eating is baby carrots. My skin is going to turn orange!

I LOVE noodles too. I found some whole wheat egg noodles that aren't bad. I love egg noodles especially. And cheese...so I buy low fat cheese and I end up eating too much of it.
    I like fruit, I was surprised at how good some frozen fruit is, particularly peaches. But I don't really like veg at all and the only kind I've really been eating is baby carrots. My skin is going to turn orange!
    That is hard to not like veggies! I need volume so have been trying to have a lot more of them.

What do you do with the frozen peaches? I have a bag in the freezer I have been trying to decide what to do with.

Like the cheese too. I'm a good Wisconsin girl. I mostly use moz., colby/jack, string. And Sargento Mexican blend. My DH could add cheese to just about anything but I'm trying to not do that unless it's really needed.

I make a good homemade mac and cheese....and had that Monday. I just figured out how many calories were in the whole pan and therefore how much per serving. Instead of 3 servings of that and one of broccoli, I did 1.75-2 of the mac and cheese and a whole lot more broccoli.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Well the diet I am on calls for 'smoothies'--blended milk and fruit :yuck: I decided to swap the milk for yogurt. So I just defrost some peaches and mix them with some lowfat yogurt. I don't like yogurt much either but the fruit makes it easier to eat.
    Ohhh I love mac and cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I'm sorry about the potty training woes, but high-five for coming up with the word "catastrapoo".

Yeah . . . What a great word.

Ashley - hooray for no write up! Our Hastings in MO never had cafes, but that was a good 15 years ago that we even had them.

Ask an Athiest? Clearly I need to check out that room again. Last I looked there wasn't hardly anything in it.

Must go check my avg post count too now. . . . .
    ETA: 4.09 posts per day
    Last edited by sunrider; 02-03-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

You should buy some spinach and add it to your milkshakes. Also, some protein powder. If you add those you will actually feel full and get your veggies in. I sometimes have that for lunch if I make the kids something that is too heavy for me, like cheesy noodles..or any pasta really. I'm not a big fan of pasta and would rather save my carbs for toast. Mmmm love me some toast.
    But back to the lecture at hand. You will hardly taste the spinach and it's so good for you. My mom puts it in with my dads smoothies because he doesn't eat vegetables either.

Oh I don't make the milkshakes. I can't handle milk, or smoothies.

What kind of spinach?

Oh I don't make the milkshakes. I can't handle milk, or smoothies.
    Can you just use water? I rarely use milk in mine because I drink a lot of milk otherwise. I do frozen fruit, spinach, yogurt (but you don't like yogurt you could omit it. I do when we don't have any), protein powder.

Ew, no I don't think so. I hardly ever eat pureed things LOL. I kind of like spinach...I'd rather eat a spinach salad or some sauteed spinach with garlic if I had to eat it.
    I just find that greens go bad before I can eat it all.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    What kind of spinach?
    Just fresh leafy baby greens.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Can you just use water? I rarely use milk in mine because I drink a lot of milk otherwise. I do frozen fruit, spinach, yogurt (but you don't like yogurt you could omit it. I do when we don't have any), protein powder.
    How much spinach? Fresh or frozen?

I'm looking to make some smoothies and have them be as healthy as possible.

Is the yogurt low fat or non fat?

Where do you get protein powder?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    How much spinach? Fresh or frozen?

I'm looking to make some smoothies and have them be as healthy as possible.

Is the yogurt low fat or non fat?

Where do you get protein powder?
    I use fresh. Just a handful. My yogurt is lowfat but to lose weight I'd say go with no fat. I'll post the protein powder we use. Dbf is in to weight lifting and he got me using this after I had Savana and it really helped me lose the weight. I was also doing cardio and weight lifting as well. I'll also post the greens powder I use. It's all upstairs and the kids are waking up...so I'll get it in a couple of hours.
    ETA: You can get protein powder at gnc. Just look for one that doesn't have artificial flavors and ingredients.
    Last edited by Bridget; 02-03-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Aggghhh...potty training plus no naps equals really long days...is the week over yet???

I confess that my day just got a whole hell of a lot better. I checked the mail and there was an almost 600 dollar check in there that was not expected in the least bit. I had been waiting for a check from my school but usually they're like 200 max. I'm going to spend 100 on me for clothes, 100 on cloth diapers and put the rest in the bank.

Yay Janeen!

Janeen, unexpected money ROCKS!
    We also got some unexpected money and I'm getting a massage tomorrow! I've only had two in my life. I've had this pain in my neck (not dbf *badoom chhh*) that runs down my shoulder blade and often gives me a headache. I'm really hoping she can work it out for me. Either way an entire hour of peace is more than I have had outside of my bed at night in a long, long time. I can't wait.