Page 262 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1622122522602612622632642723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,860 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Go Sarah! LOL
    I'm related to Davy Crockett and Robert Frost...

Cool Kate!

Mia just said "I done did it!". Little hillbilly.

Seriously guys, 2 posts all day? Where is everyone??

yeah duedes. Where are you?

I love 'I done did it'. Awesome!
    Norah! (3 yr)

It's been a busy monday at work......

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Busy day today...started trying to potty train Josh again, so every 15 minutes, off we go to try. Tried to watch Julie and Julia during his nap but I took a break for a while, and then I tried to get through it when he woke up and I had to keep pausing it. LOL

Good movie though! I was a little disappointed the two never got to meet...I'm sure Julia would have loved Julie's blog...

I wanted to see that movie Kate, but I knew DH wouldn't be able to sit through it. Maybe I should just download it.

LOL
    I think DH kind of wanted to see it because he likes Amy Adams. She has short hair in it though and he's not a big fan of that.

I don't think he would have liked it...not enough going on. No action scenes LOL

Hey I have a really random confession. I hated "The Big Lebowski". It bored me to tears.

There, I said it.

I hope you guys don't hate me now.

I think I saw it, but it doesn't stick out in my mind so I think I was bored by it too! I don't get a lot of those cult classic movies. I'm sure a lot of people don't get The Breakfast Club either, but I think it's hysterical.

The Breakfast Club rules. I need to watch that one again.

I confess that I just overheard Haley ask dh if Adam Lambert "was a boy or a girl." And then I heard dh explain that he is a girl trapped in a boys body.

Sarah, wtf. I love the Big Lebowski.

Duede!

Never saw the big lewboski.

Really like the Breakfast Club....though I LOVE Ferris Bueller and Bill and Ted much more.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

14. Default

I LOVE The Breakfast Club, and Ferris Bueller!!!

I confess today SUCKED at work!!! They put me on the front registers for the first time today, and the girl that was supposed to be helping me was gone for pretty much the entire 4 hours!!! Then when I was counting my till... I was $5 off...

Company policy is you are written up for anything more than $4 in either direction... so I will most likely be getting written up! GRRRRRRRRR

I confess I stopped at the liquor store on the way home because I was so upset about it...

I mean... I worked in a credit union for a year and a half, handling WAY more cash than I do here, and ALWAYS balanced my drawer right on... never once was it off... In a year and a half... Here I am on the first effin day and im off by $5!

That's annoying Ashley. Maybe they will give you some slack since you are so new?

Ashley I hope that they cut you a bit of slack being new!

I confess....I had a not very nice thought. My BFF has a daughter who's 6...she was quite the surprise baby. Because of that, my BFF has always thought that it would happen easily again. I do NOT want her to struggle...but I'm sort of glad in a mean and petty way that it didn't work out her first month off the pill. And that is so mean of me. But I'm tired of everyone I know getting pg the first month they try when I have been trying for almost 3 years. The second month would be ok......But at least know she knows a tiny bit of what I felt...the pg signs during the 2ww that you make up in your head, seeing a BFN. I think that early on when we first started TTC, she thought I was a bit nuts....though she has been great and supportive.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Duuuuuuuuuudes! I love the word dude. It usually gets a laugh when I say it in the office.

I confess I've been a lurker lately since I don't feel like I've had a lot to share.

LOL
    I typed "dude" when I was chatting to that guy I told you guys contacted me a while ago, and he said "LOL, did you just call me dude?" He thought it was really funny.

I call dbf dude only when I think he is being completely ridiculous. Which is actually quite often. And it's all I say. So much with one little word.
    Dude.

I say it when I'm excited, like "Dude, can you believe that?"

DH and I use dude a lot too.

It's sad when I hear Dh say something about wishing we had a little dude.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ashley, I'm a little confused - taking drink orders? I thought you took the job at Hastings. Ours never served drinks of any kind. And I think, being so new on the job, I might have added one of my own dollars to keep from being written up. They should NOT write you up since you ended up being left alone when you were supposed to have help.

I was not a fan of the Big Lebowski either.

I confess we didn't even make it through Moulin Rouge. So bad we turned it off about half way through.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess we didn't even make it through Moulin Rouge. So bad we turned it off about half way through.
    I HATED that movie. And Chicago too. And I'm not going to bother with Nine. Sooooooooo not my thing.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Oh I liked Chicago! I saw it on stage first and I still liked the movie! LOL
    Where is Lydia? I meant to ask her how the PTing is going.

I was wondering about Lydia too. Lydia where AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE you??? Come check in!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

The movie Moulin Rouge? OMG, that is one of my all time favorites!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I hated Moulin Rouge and Chicago too.

Where are you Lydia?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I was wondering about Lydia too. Lydia where AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE you??? Come check in!
    I'm here. I was looking at my average post count the other day, and it was at 8.22, when it used to be in the 7s and when I tried hard to not post for a while it dropped to the high 6s. Anyway, about a year ago when dh saw the 7.something he was shocked that I was on here enough to post 7 different items on a daily basis. Now that I'm staying up after the children go to bed, and log on during my breaks at work, I've had more time to browse and post, and it doesn't help that I frequent more rooms than I did a year or two ago, like this room (my fave!) and May DD.

So I just thought I'd try to take a little break from posting. I'm still reading but not checking in quite as often, and sometimes I have to sit on my hands to not respond to something, but if I stay quiet someone else usually says what I wanted to, anyway.

As far as potty training, we're doing really well. Some days there are no accidents at all. Some days there are several, and we've had a few catastropoos. DH and I actually snapped at each other the other day when we were on a hike and I had to help dd in an outhouse. I feel SO sorry for moms who had to pt back in the day of outhouses, let me tell you. It was awful. For one thing, I couldn't crouch down to help her without the brown-smeared door (I hope it was mud) hitting me on the backside. Then it was absolutely pitch-black in there. We missed. It wasn't her fault, and it wasn't mine. It was the *&%&^$ outhouse. So then I had to clean her up in a hurry with people walking past us on the trail every 2.3 seconds, and gawking (that's what made dh so pissy), and we'd been planning on going out to dinner afterward and I felt so disgustingly filthy.

We apologized to each other, ended up having a nice dinner out (with a lot of handwashing beforehand), and taking loooong showers that night.

On the bright side, we've had a couple of public restroom trips when I had to lift a baby onto a gigantic toilet seat, and it's worked every time. Beautifully! And another time we were out to lunch and ds shouted "I'm going poo poo right NOW!" which really embarrassed dh.

I would say our average accident rate is probably 1-2 per day, and most of the time it's not a catastropoo.

Thanks for thinking of me. I've really been enjoying reading the general religion posts. And Maggie, you can represent me anytime in Ask an Atheist. I love everything you've been posting.

I confess that it really annoys me how unrealistically pregnancy, childbirth, and early motherhood are portrayed on TV. How do they manage to get it so wrong?? It's not as if it's difficult to research.

Hey Lydia!

I'm sorry about the potty training woes, but high-five for coming up with the word "catastrapoo".