Page 261 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1612112512592602612622632713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,830 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

I confess... Thank you Mr. President! My college is ALL paid for except $200!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess... Thank you Mr. President! My college is ALL paid for except $200!!!!!
    Lucky! I got stuck with over 50 grand in debt...and that doesn't include the extra my parents took out after my loans were exhausted. And I even had almost 10K a year in scholarships for undergrad. Oh and I only took loans on half grad school...the rest was cash/work. I was lucky to get a great interest rate though.

It is great to see people getting help with school though. My sister is hoping to benefit from some changes to the IBR program to help repay her loans.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh and that picture of your girls is ADORABLE!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

4. Default

Awww Thanks!

It helps that I am only taking one class, but that one class alone was nearly 2grand!!

I confess today totally sucks. My poor brother and SIL just got word the little one they conceived through IVF isn't going to make it. In fact, she started miscarrying on the way home from the appointment. I'm so, so sad for them and I totally know what they're going through.

And then, I was asked by someone from my old due date room if, since I continued to update the due dates thread, would I mind updating the thread with the actual birth dates. I just cannot do this. I'm actually kind of offended - I'm happy for them all, but I really can't constantly be reminded I should be giving birth in a few days.

This day SUCKS.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    This day SUCKS.
    So sorry. That was extremely inconsiderate of them for asking you that.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess today when one of my students got tired of working with me, he pointed to the picture symbols I made for him and said, "I want ... finished." Completely unique sentence he's never said before. That's what I get for teaching him those words! I didn't know whether to be proud or offended!

I confess today totally sucks. My poor brother and SIL just got word the little one they conceived through IVF isn't going to make it. In fact, she started miscarrying on the way home from the appointment. I'm so, so sad for them and I totally know what they're going through.

And then, I was asked by someone from my old due date room if, since I continued to update the due dates thread, would I mind updating the thread with the actual birth dates. I just cannot do this. I'm actually kind of offended - I'm happy for them all, but I really can't constantly be reminded I should be giving birth in a few days.

This day SUCKS.
    I'm really sorry for your brother and SIL.

And WHAT!? You need to hand off that thread PRONTO. That cannot be any good for you whatsoever. What are they thinking? I'm *sure* that a mod can change the thread so someone else can modify it, can't they!?
    Norah! (3 yr)

This day SUCKS.
    Oh no! On both accounts Even if a mod doesn't do it, anyone can just make a new thread, copying the existing info. There is no reason you should be doing it.

That SM tattoo is hilarious. Took me a minute though.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess today when one of my students got tired of working with me, he pointed to the picture symbols I made for him and said, "I want ... finished." Completely unique sentence he's never said before. That's what I get for teaching him those words! I didn't know whether to be proud or offended!
    Proud
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I'm really sorry for your brother and SIL.

And WHAT!? You need to hand off that thread PRONTO. That cannot be any good for you whatsoever. What are they thinking? I'm *sure* that a mod can change the thread so someone else can modify it, can't they!?

This. I'm really sorry. you should not have to keep updating that thread.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

12. Default

I confess I had an old man tonight (probably in his 70's) give me this line -- "What angel did you steal your lips from? They really are gorgeous"

I confess it was a long night at work -- acoustic night during happy hour, shoplifter, first time closing... I was left alone for the last 45 minutes of happy hour and had 7 drink orders piled up with 2 people still in line! Then I found out that on monday they are putting me (by myself) on the front registers, which I have never done before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK!

shutterbird Guest

This day SUCKS.
    I'm so sorry, on both counts - your B & SIL's loss and the thoughtless request (and, of course, your loss).

This day SUCKS.
    I'm so sorry, on both counts.

Thank you everyone. Today's a new day, right?

I confess I had an old man tonight (probably in his 70's) give me this line -- "What angel did you steal your lips from? They really are gorgeous"
    I confess this made me smile (and giggle) a bit. What was your response!?

2/09 6/09 4/14

So now I'm picturing an angel without lips. Ew!

Haha, yeah, you shoulda responded, "yeah, I ripped them off an angel's face." Bwahahaha.

I confess my parents and I have all been very worried about my sister for a long time. Last night she called me and at some point she made me laugh and in the middle of my laughing at her, I came out and said what I have been afraid to say for years in so many words. She stopped and said, "You know, if I can have you laugh at me and tell me to do that I think maybe I can really do it." And then she thanked me about 5 times. I'm in shock!

19. Default

I confess this made me smile (and giggle) a bit. What was your response!?
    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    So now I'm picturing an angel without lips. Ew!
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Haha, yeah, you shoulda responded, "yeah, I ripped them off an angel's face." Bwahahaha.

I didn't really know what to say, so I just kinda laughed cause it was so awkward... Then he went on to say that he's an artist, and they'd be perfect for a model, yadda yadda yadda
    Last edited by The10Eels; 01-30-2010 at 03:19 PM.

I confess my parents and I have all been very worried about my sister for a long time. Last night she called me and at some point she made me laugh and in the middle of my laughing at her, I came out and said what I have been afraid to say for years in so many words. She stopped and said, "You know, if I can have you laugh at me and tell me to do that I think maybe I can really do it." And then she thanked me about 5 times. I'm in shock!
    What did you tell her? (sorry if I missed something)

Awww Thanks!

It helps that I am only taking one class, but that one class alone was nearly 2grand!!
    Isn't that awful how much it costs? My Dh was thinking of going back for a career change...he has a masters but it's kind of useless where we live but going back was just going to be too expensive and he wouldn't make much more than he does now in a factory.

But it sounds like you are going into a pretty useful field...smart woman!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that I love my MIL, but I think she's the worst cook ever!

What did you tell her? (sorry if I missed something)
    Sorry, I didn't explain the details. She's way too involved in her 15 year old's love life and I told her she needed to just back off and let her daughter be a teenager. From what she was telling me, my niece was getting dirty text messages from her boyfriend and asking her mother how to respond to them, while in the meantime some of the things he sent her sounded like they may have been written (and spelled and punctuated) by his mother. At the same time, another boy was texting my niece and his mother was emailing my sister at the same time. I told my sister it wasn't a love triangle, it was a love hexagon! And they all needed to just back off and let their kids figure it out.

I'm all for checking up on what your daughter is doing, but to me that level of involvement just seems creepy. I would have died rather than have my mother know what a boy was saying to me at that age.

Oh yeah, I think you were right!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Yikes. I don't think a 15 year old should be getting dirty texts at all.

Hmm, I thought most kids were having sex by 15 these days LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Yikes. I don't think a 15 year old should be getting dirty texts at all.
    I certainly don't either! I think my sister is reliving her youth vicariously to the point where she isn't really considering what it is her daughter is doing. It scares me.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Hmm, I thought most kids were having sex by 15 these days LOL
    LOL! Don't get me wrong, I lost my virginity at 15. But that doesn't make it appropriate.

Sorry, I didn't explain the details. She's way too involved in her 15 year old's love life and I told her she needed to just back off and let her daughter be a teenager. From what she was telling me, my niece was getting dirty text messages from her boyfriend and asking her mother how to respond to them, while in the meantime some of the things he sent her sounded like they may have been written (and spelled and punctuated) by his mother. At the same time, another boy was texting my niece and his mother was emailing my sister at the same time. I told my sister it wasn't a love triangle, it was a love hexagon! And they all needed to just back off and let their kids figure it out.

I'm all for checking up on what your daughter is doing, but to me that level of involvement just seems creepy. I would have died rather than have my mother know what a boy was saying to me at that age.
    That is a little creepy. It sounds like she's acting more like her daughter's friend than her mother. I also would have died of embarrassment if that was me!
    Last edited by MammaMia; 02-01-2010 at 04:54 AM.

I was talking to MIL last night about genealogy, and she showed me on the national database website that she, Mia and DH are descendants of Egill Skallagrimsson (a crazy mass murdering viking who lived about 1000 years ago). I think it's kinda cool.