Page 260 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1602102502582592602612622703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,800 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Happy birthday Mia! Don't worry about the present too much - at 2, they really don't know the difference if they get a present a day late, or a week or month late. She'll be so excited, whenever. I think it gets a bit much at this age when there is too much all on one day. A cake is plenty to be excited about for one day. (Am I a scrooge? Maybe...)
    Norah! (3 yr)

Meh, I'm all for exciting kid's birthdays because when you get to be a grownup birthdays are boring. Live it up while you can, I say. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Happy birthday Mia! Don't worry about the present too much - at 2, they really don't know the difference if they get a present a day late, or a week or month late. She'll be so excited, whenever. I think it gets a bit much at this age when there is too much all on one day. A cake is plenty to be excited about for one day. (Am I a scrooge? Maybe...)
    If you are than I am too. The best part about Savana's 4th birthday party is that her only expectation was a cake. When my parents and my cousin brought her presents she was through the roof. She had no idea that presents were part of it. To her, that was extra. It was awesome.

I confess that my Ob is convinced I'll give birth before my due date. My entire life I was convinced I'd go late... like REALLY late I dunno how I feel about this... it definitely pushes the baby deadline up by almost a month!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    If you are than I am too. The best part about Savana's 4th birthday party is that her only expectation was a cake. When my parents and my cousin brought her presents she was through the roof. She had no idea that presents were part of it. To her, that was extra. It was awesome.
    That is awesome.

Mia was absolutely THRILLED with getting a couple of helium balloons. I also ran out and bought a small gift, party hats and candles for her cake. She's really happy. She's still wearing the party hat and she hasn't let go of the helium balloon since she got it 4 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I confess that my Ob is convinced I'll give birth before my due date. My entire life I was convinced I'd go late... like REALLY late I dunno how I feel about this... it definitely pushes the baby deadline up by almost a month!
    Oooh, exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    That is awesome.

Mia was absolutely THRILLED with getting a couple of helium balloons. I also ran out and bought a small gift, party hats and candles for her cake. She's really happy. She's still wearing the party hat and she hasn't let go of the helium balloon since she got it 4 hours ago.

Awwwwwwwww! So cute. I really love how sweet and excited kids can be at this age.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I apologize if I am boring everyone to death with my work computer woes, but after the blue screen of death yesterday the computer tech found me a new CPU and switched it out, while giving me strict instructions not to ever turn it off or restart it or I would have the same problem I had with the old one. The rumor is there are new laptops coming next month so I just have to hold out that long. So I got online and this afternoon I sat down to do paperwork and the outlet shorted out (I have a heater in there too as my room is freezing all the time, and it went off too). So they had to put in a work order to get it repaired, and apparently that could take weeks to be addressed. So I asked for an extension cord and they finally found me one only for me to realize that it's all 5 outlets in my room that were affected. So, no computer for 3 weeks anyway despite the new CPU. Even if they get me the new laptop I still have nowhere in my office to plug it in. And no heater.

The computer tech and I got to the point where we were just laughing about it. This makes the 6th time this school year I've had a computer failure. It almost seems like someone has it in for me!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess I am SO excited. My best girlfriend in the world and her husband and kids are coming over on Saturday for a sleepover AND they are picking up my brother on the way. My brother and my best friend are the two people that know me best and my favorite grown ups. When we are together we laugh our arses off. I'm so happy right now.
    I also confess that one of my daycare parents showed up today with an organic kombucha tea for me and said, "I saw this and thought of you. I just really wanted to do something nice for you."
    Can you beat that? Pure kindness. Love it.
    Last edited by Bridget; 01-28-2010 at 07:56 PM.

I confess I am SO excited. My best girlfriend in the world and her husband and kids are coming over on Saturday for a sleepover AND they are picking up my brother on the way. My brother and my best friend are the two people that know me best and my favorite grown ups. When we are together we laugh our arses off. I'm so happy right now.
    I also confess that one of my daycare parents showed up today with an organic kombucha tea for me and said, "I saw this and thought of you. I just really wanted to do something nice for you."
    That is so great, Bridget! How awesome. You totally deserve it!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

How fun, Bridget! I want to have an adult sleep over.

And how nice of that lady.

Mandy, I'm so sorry your work life is a never-ending spiral of doom It definitely brings up memories of the Philly school I taught at, and the NYC public schools I attended as a kid... somehow nothing ever managed to work

Bridget, what is kombucha like? I keep looking at it at my supermarket but I've never worked up the cojones to pick some up.

Mandy, I'm so sorry your work life is a never-ending spiral of doom It definitely brings up memories of the Philly school I taught at, and the NYC public schools I attended as a kid... somehow nothing ever managed to work
    That reminds me! I forgot to say, for those of you who are following my "random moment" story, the computer actually shorted out in the middle of my attempting to fill out the random moment questionnaire!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    That reminds me! I forgot to say, for those of you who are following my "random moment" story, the computer actually shorted out in the middle of my attempting to fill out the random moment questionnaire!
    No WAY! Alright, I don't believe in God or gods, but if there is an annoying work sprite, or computer malfunction imp, you have done something to piss him off. Perhaps you should make an offering? What does an imp or sprite yearn for? How are they subdued? Big questions here, people.

Bridget - that sounds totally awesome. Have fun!
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess that I was totally looking for a website that had offerings listed for imps, and came up with nothing.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    No WAY! Alright, I don't believe in God or gods, but if there is an annoying work sprite, or computer malfunction imp, you have done something to piss him off. Perhaps you should make an offering? What does an imp or sprite yearn for? How are they subdued? Big questions here, people.

Bridget - that sounds totally awesome. Have fun!
    The computer tech actually said something very similar, although her suggestion was a ghost. I think I prefer a computer malfunction imp. Whatever he/she/it is, I have definitely pissed it off.

Hmmm ... offerings ... I'm gonna say the computer malfunction imp would want "bytes" of something to eat. But what?

All supernatural beings require the same few things as far as I know... incense, mead, honey, or oranges. Either that or run around your office throwing salt over your shoulder to get rid of them.

No... I wasn't raised superstitious at all....

I confess I have almost zero sex drive. It had not been uncommon for us to go a month (or two) between mattress dances.
    I confess that, for some reason the last 2 weeks I have had a sex drive. Two weeks in a row is unheard of for me.
    I confess I just had a not so satisfying orgasm, solo, cause I was horny. And DH is at a friend's house gaming. I'll bet he's going to wish he stayed home. So disappointing.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I have almost zero sex drive. It had not been uncommon for us to go a month (or two) between mattress dances.
    I confess that, for some reason the last 2 weeks I have had a sex drive. Two weeks in a row is unheard of for me.
    I confess I just had a not so satisfying orgasm, solo, cause I was horny. And DH is at a friend's house gaming. I'll bet he's going to wish he stayed home. So disappointing.
    I confess that it has been ummmm nearly four months since I've had an orgasm? Blech! I don't think we have had sex in 2-3 weeks.

This could very well be the worst part of pregnancy for me since I'm usually pretty down for some good lovin!

All supernatural beings require the same few things as far as I know... incense, mead, honey, or oranges. Either that or run around your office throwing salt over your shoulder to get rid of them.

No... I wasn't raised superstitious at all....
    Any tips on how to keep autistic children out of the mead if I set up an offering in my office?

Sunrider, poor DH! Guess he missed out!

shutterbird Guest

Ditto that, though we're down to twice a month, whereas it used to happen 5x a week.

A friend's Fb profile pic . . .

Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Wow.

Awww that sounds like fun!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post

Hmmm ... offerings ... I'm gonna say the computer malfunction imp would want "bytes" of something to eat. But what?
    LOL That is great.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That is hilarious and awesome.

I confess that I am annoyed that parents are bringing in books that they no longer want and leaving them all over my desk. I don't want your used ripped books! I have a collection policy for donations and they just ignore it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that I am annoyed that parents are bringing in books that they no longer want and leaving them all over my desk. I don't want your used ripped books! I have a collection policy for donations and they just ignore it!
    Oh yeah we get stuff like that all the time. In our case, we just don't want old textbooks from the 90's or even older (like when a doc is retiring and cleaning out the office). I mean our collection is basically current year plus 5 except when an edition isn't updated. We do a lot of throwing things away...and tell people when they donate if we can't use it, we will toss.
    I also get a lot of journals like New England or JAMA. Ok not only do we get big names like that in print but we also have them online. A more rare title I will keep.

But I just always tell them thank you, we will see if they fit in our collection. I will not write reciepts for tax purposes.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess, I have a cold and just want to go home. But three of the five staff in my group is out today. So I think that I'm stuck. Oh wait, the other guy just left to take his kid to the ortho. So I'm all alone. I REALLY hope that I do not get any big AV requests because that is not my area....

On the bright side, it's super sunny out and the sky is that gorgeous frigid blue so I'm getting some great light in my window. And I think that we might get above zero today. It was -11 when I came in this morning.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

Sex, what's that? LOL
    Remember when I complained that I was finally horny but DH is not? It's been like that since I complained. He said he's basically lost the urge ever since we had those huge fights around Christmas. I feel just terrible about that. I feel like I can just see the hopelessness in our marriage. I mean, it must be pretty awful to come down to DH not being horny! That's like the sun not shining.