Page 251 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241249250251252253 261 301 351 751 1251 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,530 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I confess that I have felt less than interested in being a mom for the past couple of weeks. I am bored with playdough and baby dolls. I want to work on my art. I need to get over it.
    Aww! I know the feeling.

I confess that I slept in really badly this morning.

I confess that I've been looking at job ads, and there is only ONE new ad today, and it's looking for: "Female masseuses, no experience necessary, good pay for the right person".
    Last edited by MammaMia; 01-18-2010 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Aww! I know the feeling.

I confess that I slept in really badly this morning.

I confess that I've been looking at job ads, and there is only ONE new ad today, and it's looking for: "Female masseuses, no experience necessary, good pay for the right person".
    So...are you going to check it out?

I confess that dh and I both have the day off today and I just got back from taking the children to the babysitter. We had a wonderful weekend with them, and are going to Disney this weekend, so I don't want to disrupt their normal weekly routine.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    So...are you going to check it out?
    Yeah...I'm not quite that desperate yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that dh and I both have the day off today and I just got back from taking the children to the babysitter. We had a wonderful weekend with them, and are going to Disney this weekend, so I don't want to disrupt their normal weekly routine.
    Nice! Enjoy your time together.

I confess, Mia can now count to ten in 2 languages. She's been able to do it in English for a while, and now she can do it in Icelandic too.

Cool for Mia!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess, Mia can now count to ten in 2 languages. She's been able to do it in English for a while, and now she can do it in Icelandic too.
    That's awesome!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

wtg Mia! That's quite an accomplishment. And hey, you might want to consider the massage job--it's so nice they don't require experience, and you could get some excellent on-the-job training.

I confess it's super rainy here. We have a huge storm moving in that's going to be here for at least the next 10 days, with high winds and flood advisories. We went for a walk in the rain yesterday and DD stopped once per block to try to use the portable potty I'd brought along. Today we braved the storm again to try to find some 2-piece fleece pajamas. We learned last night that the one-piece zip-ups are not so convenient for the 4 potty trips per child that happened between getting ready for bed and falling asleep THREE hours later. Yup, I'm not even trying to get them to nap today. Anyway, there are no warm or winter clothes left anywhere. Spring lines are out, and what is on the sales rack is picked through and missing pieces. Sigh.

I confess...

I just wanted to pop in and say and that I had my baby girl on Thursday! Quick and (relatively) easy delivery w/o epidural, like I wanted! She is beautiful and we named her Claire.

Some of you might remember that there was an issue with her having a cyst that could have been either ovarian or renal. Well it turns out it was both. She does have an ovarian cyst, but also has a multicystic dysplastic kidney (MCDK) and so has and will only ever have one functioning kidney. Her remaining kidney looks perfectly normal, however, and she is otherwise very healthy. There is nothing to do now about the MCDK but keep and eye on it so that's what we're doing.

I haven't had time to read up on how everyone is doing, but I hiope all is well and I'll check back in when possible!
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Congratulations, Kitty!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Congratulations on Claire's arrival!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

12. Default

Congratulations! I love the name Claire!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I confess...

I just wanted to pop in and say and that I had my baby girl on Thursday! Quick and (relatively) easy delivery w/o epidural, like I wanted! She is beautiful and we named her Claire.

Some of you might remember that there was an issue with her having a cyst that could have been either ovarian or renal. Well it turns out it was both. She does have an ovarian cyst, but also has a multicystic dysplastic kidney (MCDK) and so has and will only ever have one functioning kidney. Her remaining kidney looks perfectly normal, however, and she is otherwise very healthy. There is nothing to do now about the MCDK but keep and eye on it so that's what we're doing.

I haven't had time to read up on how everyone is doing, but I hiope all is well and I'll check back in when possible!
    Yay! I love the name.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Congratulations! I (obviously) love the name too. Do you ever post pictures? I'd love to see her.

Congrats Kitty! And welcome Claire!

Lydia...3 hours!? Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf. Have you tried the interwebs for warm 2-piece pjs? Those tubes can be good at sending stuff like that sometimes.
    Norah! (3 yr)

i confess grrrrrrrrr

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Welcome, Claire!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    i confess grrrrrrrrr
    You okay?
    Norah! (3 yr)

I'm fine, Maggie. Just letting off some steam.

Er, I think I might have figured out what caused your steam build up. release, lady, let it all out.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Just not going to think about it anymore...

shutterbird Guest

27. Default

I confess this is going to be a good week!! Audri has her 18 month appointment today, I start training for work tomorrow, and class starts on thursday!!

Congrats Kitty and Welcome Claire!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm excited for you Ashley!
    I confess DH tried to push me into looking for a job yesterday. Just like that he wanted me to get dressed up and ready and put myself out there. It would take a book for me to tell you all the reasons I don't feel ready for this. I don't understand how he can buy me all this neat stuff for Christmas, let me go to the concerts and other fun stuff, and then turn around and freak out that we have no money. Uh let's try not spending so much before I commit myself to a job. Not that I don't love the surprises he pulls together for me, and the things he lets me do, but if I literally have to pay for those luxuries by getting a job, I'd rather try easing up on them instead.

Congrats Kitty! I love the name Claire too.

Kate - your DH sounds pretty passive-aggressive. If he wants you to consider getting a job, why doesn't he sit down with you and talk it over respectfully? His behaviour is totally not cool.