Page 245 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235243244245246247 255 295 345 745 1245 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I didn't make a darn thing yesterday. We had McDonald's for dinner and I ate junk food before that. Bad pregnant woman!
    I had mcdonalds on Saturday. We only have it like maybe 2 times a year and I wanted it once more before starting up the diet/weight loss program.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Mmmm pita bread......

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

I confess that it's one of those days.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I just have to share that I had a mind-blowing orgasm tonight...seriously, I cried. Finally!
    I confess I have never had one so good that I cried!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Guess what I did last night!? I made pita bread!!! Small victories, I know, but I was pretty impressed with myself. I cook a lot but NEVER bake. I'm so intimidated by baking, but really wanted pitas last night and just did it. They turned out great! Wheeeeeee!
    Thats awesome! I love to bake, but never thought about making pitas. I might have to look into it. I go through phases where certain things sound REALLY good.. and one of the regulars is pitas...

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post

I love baking, but mostly cupcakes and cookies and stuff. I can't do it too much, because then I have to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I have never had one so good that I cried!
    Ohh man. It doesn't happen often for me, but when it does, I never want it to end...

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post

I love baking, but mostly cupcakes and cookies and stuff. I can't do it too much, because then I have to eat it.
    I confess I'm glad I don't like to bake or eat baked goods...I prefer chips, dip, and cheesy stuff though.

shutterbird Guest

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. Lore was an absolute bear this morning, but she's back to her normal chipper self now.

Maggie, hooray for your pitas! I've never attempted to bake breads, but I can make some killer cookies.

I confess last night I watched "THe Business of Being Born" and was very affected by it. I had always been someone who was a bit judgmental about home births, and now I feel like I understand them more. It was fascinating, and even made me re-think my own ideas about giving birth (if I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity.) Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post

Me too. I baked a ton of brownies the other day, and ate most of them by myself.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    I confess last night I watched "THe Business of Being Born" and was very affected by it. I had always been someone who was a bit judgmental about home births, and now I feel like I understand them more. It was fascinating, and even made me re-think my own ideas about giving birth (if I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity.) Anyone else?
    I have found being on APA has changed my feelings and attitudes a lot about different styles of birth and many other things. It is very helpful to have such a large cross-section of people here, with varying tastes and philosophies, to present their different viewpoints. I think it's affected my personal feelings in some ways, and it has made me more understanding and sympathetic to others.

I confess that I approached dbf about the possibility of him and Savana going to visit his mom for a bit. She needs work done at her house and it seems like every time we visit, she feels like she didn't get to bond with Savana. I know that I am part of the reason for that. I know Savana will be totally different if I am not there. Plus I can't really leave the daycare right now anyway and I don't want entire years to go by between each visit she has with the kids. Lately I've been thinking so much about how fleeting life is and I'd hate for Savana to miss out on a chance to bond with her grandmother.
    So I emailed her and she is ecstatic. I told her how ridiculously hard it would probably be for me to be away from my girl for any amount of time but that I felt it was important. In her email she said, "I know how hard it will be for you to be without her, even if only for a couple of weeks."
    Dude. I was thinking, like, four days. Tops.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, you're in charge of setting the time limits, but I think it's awesome (and scary) that you're providing them this bonding time.

I confess I'm seriously about to go . Ever since he got sick, Ro insists on being held all. the. time. I can't cook, can't shower, can't clean. My fridge smells funky, so I'm trying to clean it, and every time I take the three steps from my fridge to the sink, Ro is clinging to my pants leg and dragging along with me. And every time I crouch to wipe down another shelf, Claire launches herself onto my back and digs her heels in and shouts "Giddyup!" gleefully.

So much for my NY resolution to try to cook and clean on a regular basis even after the new baby gets here. I am remembering the days of complete clinginess.

Well, Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally.

They got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called 'Yam.'
    Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

When it was time, they told her about the facts of life.

They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a
    bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tate Tots.

Yam said not to worry, no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

But on the other hand she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either.

She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her Shoestring cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr and Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland,
    And the greasy guys from France called the French Fries, and when she went out west, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say, 'Frito Lay.'

Mr. And Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University) so that when she graduated she'd really be in the Chips.

But in spite of all they did for her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

Tom Brokaw!

Mr. And Mrs. Potato were very upset.

They told Yam she couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just...

Are you ready for this?

Are you sure?**

OK! Here it is!**

A COMMONTATER*

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

*groan*

shutterbird Guest

LOL Jennifer

Hey Katycat, I forwarded your compliment about dh's Cambodia photo to him, and this is his reply:

Thanks! You can tell her I really like her eggs; they remind me of fine lacquerware.

Aw, that's a nice compliment!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

*crickets*

It has been quiet here today. Sigh...

Cool! can you share the recipe?
    Yep.

Mix 1.5 tsps yeast with 1 tsp honey and a cup of very warm water (but not boiling or it will kill the yeast). Mix gently and let sit for 15 minutes.

Mix in 3 cups of floor and 1.5 tsps salt. Can be up to half whole wheat (not sure what would happen if you did 100% whole wheat. I did 1/3 whole wheat). You can also add another teaspoon or two of honey, but I didn't. Mix it all up.

Knead the dough for a bit and then let sit for an hour and a half in a warm place, covered.

Take it out and knead it a little more, then make six balls. Cover with a clean towel and let sit 15 minutes. At this point, start heating up the over to 475 degrees. It has to be really hot, or you don't get a pocket.

After the 15 minutes are up, roll each ball into a pita shape. The recipe said roll each ball into a 1/2 inch thick round, which I thought was crazy. I like thinner, bigger pitas, so I made them thinner, more like 1/4 inch thick.

When the oven is fully preheated, put them on a baking sheet (I used our pizza stone, which worked great though). They are done when they are all puffed up. The recipe said 10 minutes-ish, but since mine were thinner they were done in about 5. I had to watch them closely.

THEN::: this is the trick to get them good (I would never in a million years have thought of this) when you take them out, wrap each in a dish towel and put in a paper bag. This prevents them from getting hard as crackers and preserves the pocket.

Can I just say that I think baking is like the most amazing technology? Can you BELIEVE that we humans figured that out? Think of how many random steps there are. Like, someone had to have a grain and think, 'hmmm, I wonder what happens to this if I grind it up into powder? That sounds yummy" and who was so clever to think of adding YEAST? Like, totally random. I never would have come up with it.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I agree with you on the baking thing. I don't know how people do it constantly though. Baking is so precise. I like how with cooking you can throw a bunch of stuff together and it will usually turn out good (or easily fixed LOL)
    Thanks for the recipe...I might try that one day.

For real. You have to have everything measured and mixed perfectly or it comes out bad.

That is EXACTLY why I never do it. When I cook, I can usually fix it along the way if its going off the rails, but no dice with baking. I did find this pretty straight forward though. It took a long time, but it wasn't particularly hard. At least, I wasn't scared away!
    Norah! (3 yr)

I'm so opposite from you all! I love baking and hate cooking. It's like chemistry class except yummy.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I hated chemistry too! I was never careful enough when measuring or pipeting or whatever and it would always go wrong. Thats why it was physics for me!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Hahah, yeah, chemistry and baking weren't so good for me. I had a hard time in baking class at school with the scales you had to balance with weights on the other side (I would fight for that coveted digital scale; I dunno why they didn't have more of those!)

I confess that here is my update from my OB appointment today.

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=224180
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

It has been quiet here today. Sigh...

I have my assistant on vacation and had some meetings today. I was sad when I got back and saw it was so quiet.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I hated chemistry too! I was never careful enough when measuring or pipeting or whatever and it would always go wrong. Thats why it was physics for me!
    didn't like chemistry, never got around to taking physics but I did really like human anatomy except when we had to cut up stuff. Oh and except eyeballs. I HATE eyeballs and push off any eye stuff off on my boss. One day I came in and he left the new color eye atlas on my desk. GAG ME. There is a reason i do not wear contacts. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

I much prefer baking to cooking. I'm a terrible cook!