Page 241 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1411912312392402412422432512913417411241 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,230 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess Claire came up to me in the kitchen earlier, pulled down her pants, bent over, and ordered me to kiss her butt.

It isn't quite as bad as it seems. It was hurting her (she's a little constipated, I think) and she knows that Mommy kisses make everything better. I ended up having to kiss her butt multiple times tonight.

And this is an interesting site: http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/
    OMG

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

When I get stir crazy like this, Jimi always reminds me of all of the chores, unpacking, cleaning, organizing, studying, ya know...all the responsible things that need done.

Uhhhh, I said I wanna do something FUN dude and those things ARE NOT fun!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Meeeee too, well not guitar hero and rock band ONLY when I'm drunk...much like with karaoke.
    I LOVE rock band. It's funny because I played in orchestra most of my years growing up. I wasn't great but I did almost make it to state level one year. But I have an awful sense of rhythm. I don't know how I ever learned to play and make it through the songs. LOL
    DH is decent on guitar, sister is really good on guitar and drums. I like to sing. But I can't sing at all. LOL Last time we played Rock Band my sister almost fell off the couch and wet herself laughing at me so hard. I was trying to sing Feel Good by the Gorillaz...OMG that song has some fast parts and I didn't really know the words so I was just making things up and trying to keep the tone right. And i wasn't even drunk.

I hate that my sister lives five hours away.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I am more than willing to bet that they would only come if I offered them some booze. The majority of them anyway. They will all be off at the bar this weekend (like every weekend) partying it up like rock stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    All my "friends" ditched me when I got pregnant and couldn't drink and have fun anymore. Made me totally realize who actually mattered in my life! I wish we lived closer, i'd SOOOO love to hang out with ya!
    Oh no!!! That's awful! I feel like my DH, I, and most of our friends did most of our heavy drinking/partying in college, and we're all past that for the most part now. It's really nice, because we just go over each other's houses and play Rockband, Mario Kart, the new Mario Bros, watch sports, play silly party games, eat... I wish both of you lived closer, too - I'd totally hang out and invite you all to our lame but fun get togethers

When I get stir crazy like this, Jimi always reminds me of all of the chores, unpacking, cleaning, organizing, studying, ya know...all the responsible things that need done.

Uhhhh, I said I wanna do something FUN dude and those things ARE NOT fun!
    Yeah, that stuff totally does not count!!!

I confess...my sister AND my dad are going to see Lady Gaga tonight. Sister is a huge fan and dad is too. He has Bad Romance as his ringtone and we are currently calling him Papa gaga because he is so crazy.

My DAD likes Breaking Benjamin, 30 Seconds to Mars, Offspring, Evanescence, Lady Gaga, Paramour, My Chemical Romance, No Doubt.....and has seen all of them and more in concert.

DH and I went with my sister and dad over the summer to see Offspring....which we really like. But we didn't care for the concert crowds at all. I feel like I'm too old for that 31 and DH felt the same. Dad at 50-something enjoyed it more than we did. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I LOVE rock band. It's funny because I played in orchestra most of my years growing up. I wasn't great but I did almost make it to state level one year. But I have an awful sense of rhythm. I don't know how I ever learned to play and make it through the songs. LOL
    DH is decent on guitar, sister is really good on guitar and drums. I like to sing. But I can't sing at all. LOL Last time we played Rock Band my sister almost fell off the couch and wet herself laughing at me so hard. I was trying to sing Feel Good by the Gorillaz...OMG that song has some fast parts and I didn't really know the words so I was just making things up and trying to keep the tone right. And i wasn't even drunk.

I hate that my sister lives five hours away.
    My sisters live about 30-45 minutes (plus some with traffic) north of me and I really don't see them as much as I should. I see one more than the other but that's because she is also willing to travel down here and stay the night sometimes or go to dinner. But the other sister never comes down this way. I lived in our last place for 2 years and she came down to see me like 4 times. Of course she always complains that I don't go to see her but I do wayyyyyyy, wayyyyy more often than she comes to see me. We're probably both thinking to ourselves "Well if she would come see me more than I would go see her more" but I DEFINITELY go there WAY more than she comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Oh no!!! That's awful! I feel like my DH, I, and most of our friends did most of our heavy drinking/partying in college, and we're all past that for the most part now. It's really nice, because we just go over each other's houses and play Rockband, Mario Kart, the new Mario Bros, watch sports, play silly party games, eat... I wish both of you lived closer, too - I'd totally hang out and invite you all to our lame but fun get togethers

Yeah, that stuff totally does not count!!!
    Well, I got pregnant for the first time when I was 18. I miscarried my first baby on my 19th birthday, and then got pregnant, had another m/c, then got pregnant again REAL soon after, so I was still sooo young when I had Elmobo that I never got to go through the whole bar scene ever. So....I never got to really party and have a drinking blast of a time with friends before I had kids. So all my friends were young, going to bars, going to parties. I was just....forgotten.

Well, I got pregnant for the first time when I was 18. I miscarried my first baby on my 19th birthday, and then got pregnant, had another m/c, then got pregnant again REAL soon after, so I was still sooo young when I had Elmobo that I never got to go through the whole bar scene ever. So....I never got to really party and have a drinking blast of a time with friends before I had kids. So all my friends were young, going to bars, going to parties. I was just....forgotten.
    Awwww Yeah, I can imagine how wildly different it would be if I were in your shoes for sure. For what it's worth I think you are a super wonderful mom and I am always really impressed by women like you who have children early but willingly give up all the things their peers are doing in order to be good parents.

Though you'd be surprised - part of the reason DH and I have a pretty small social circle is that most of the people our age we know are still huge party/drinking people - I guess for some people it's a phase that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I confess...my sister AND my dad are going to see Lady Gaga tonight. Sister is a huge fan and dad is too. He has Bad Romance as his ringtone and we are currently calling him Papa gaga because he is so crazy.

My DAD likes Breaking Benjamin, 30 Seconds to Mars, Offspring, Evanescence, Lady Gaga, Paramour, My Chemical Romance, No Doubt.....and has seen all of them and more in concert.

DH and I went with my sister and dad over the summer to see Offspring....which we really like. But we didn't care for the concert crowds at all. I feel like I'm too old for that 31 and DH felt the same. Dad at 50-something enjoyed it more than we did. LOL
    That is so cool! I'd love to see a lot of those bands.
    I told my mom DH got me Lady Gaga's CD for Christmas and she was asking me what it was like. I almost recommended it to her and then I was like wait, I'm trying to get my MOM into Lady Gaga. I ended up saying "I don't think you'd really like her. She's like dance music" to which she said "Oh like hip hop?" and I just did not have the energy to explain the difference.

My mom likes some "cool" current music like U2 and Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, etc. but mostly goes with weird new agey stuff or classical or just totally off the wall.

Awwww Yeah, I can imagine how wildly different it would be if I were in your shoes for sure. For what it's worth I think you are a super wonderful mom and I am always really impressed by women like you who have children early but willingly give up all the things their peers are doing in order to be good parents.

Though you'd be surprised - part of the reason DH and I have a pretty small social circle is that most of the people our age we know are still huge party/drinking people - I guess for some people it's a phase that never ends
    AW thank you so much. I appreciate it. I did give up a lot, but I got sooooooo much in return. Hopefully now that we got the kids out of the way (that sounded so wrong, I know, and I don't mean it like, "wow, glad we had those dam brat kids", I just mean now that we're done having them) then we can be old and alone together and maybe travel when we're old! I can hope....right?? LOL.

I confes I was out with my MIL today and she said ,"maybe this baby will be a girl" and I kind of freaked out inside because 1. I'm pregnant, whoa! and 2. I might have a girl! LOL. I can't imagine having a daughter and I think that's one of the reasons I'm not bothered to find out the sex of the baby before birth.

It IS a lifelong phase for some people!! I know a lot of people like this.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confes I was out with my MIL today and she said ,"maybe this baby will be a girl" and I kind of freaked out inside because 1. I'm pregnant, whoa! and 2. I might have a girl! LOL. I can't imagine having a daughter and I think that's one of the reasons I'm not bothered to find out the sex of the baby before birth.
    You finally realized you're pregnant, huh??? LOL!! AW your baby boy could have a widdle sister!

You finally realized you're pregnant, huh??? LOL!! AW your baby boy could have a widdle sister!
    The m/s hit me yesterday but the thought of having another BABY didn't quite hit me til today. LOL. OMG, what am I gonna do? Bwahahaha.

The m/s hit me yesterday but the thought of having another BABY didn't quite hit me til today. LOL. OMG, what am I gonna do? Bwahahaha.
    LOL I totally understand. It's weird being newly pregnant again, isn't it??? Scary and awesome all at once!

I confess that it's a phase that comes and goes for me.

AW thank you so much. I appreciate it. I did give up a lot, but I got sooooooo much in return. Hopefully now that we got the kids out of the way (that sounded so wrong, I know, and I don't mean it like, "wow, glad we had those dam brat kids", I just mean now that we're done having them) then we can be old and alone together and maybe travel when we're old! I can hope....right?? LOL.
    It didn't sound wrong at all, and it's true. DH and I are old compared to you and your DH, but in our social circle we are the "young" parents... and we've totally talked about traveling when we're old too

You ARE pregnant! Though I still get kicked occasionally and am like "Woah! Wait... oh yea, baby... holy sh!t" Are you having a hard time imagining a girl because you prefer boys? or because you want a girl so badly?

I confess that it's a phase that comes and goes for me.
    Yeah, me too. DH and I go through drinking phases all the time. We'll go for a few months without drinking at all, then for a couple weeks we'll drink alot. lol. We are scrabble CHAMPIONS during our drinking "binges". I call having 2-3 drinks after kids go to bed "binge drinking" hahahaha.

Yeah, me too. DH and I go through drinking phases all the time. We'll go for a few months without drinking at all, then for a couple weeks we'll drink alot. lol. We are scrabble CHAMPIONS during our drinking "binges". I call having 2-3 drinks after kids go to bed "binge drinking" hahahaha.
    Uh yeah, my drinking binges will require a baby sitter for the night. We're talking closing the bar and then a house party until 6 or 7 in the morning.

So naturally, they will be very, VERY few and far between.

Willow.....you are 30 weeks!! OMG you are already 30 weeks pregnant! How did this happen???

You ARE pregnant! Though I still get kicked occasionally and am like "Woah! Wait... oh yea, baby... holy sh!t" Are you having a hard time imagining a girl because you prefer boys? or because you want a girl so badly?
    I think it's because we have a boy so I can't imagine having a girl; and I'm such a boy's mom (was a tomboy myself) so I don't know if I'd be a good girl mom....lol.

Willow.....you are 30 weeks!! OMG you are already 30 weeks pregnant! How did this happen???
    I think it has something to do with time passing but I could be wrong.

Janeen, I used to be the same way! I wasn't someone that could do one or two drinks.

But since having M, I have no desire to get drunk. Last time I got drunk was a week before my BFP (I was pregnant!).

Yeah... I dunno how that happened... I am in just as much shock as you.

And lol at your binge scrabble playing! I'm a big fan of drunken bowling, personally (well not drunken, but 2-3 drinks as well).

Janeen - I got tired just reading about your parties!!! I'm such an old lady

Uh yeah, my drinking binges will require a baby sitter for the night. We're talking closing the bar and then a house party until 6 or 7 in the morning.

So naturally, they will be very, VERY few and far between.
    DH and I call on my mother for those nights. Well, we usually don't have time to call her. She calls and asks for the girls quite a bit, so we just wait until whenever she calls to do any fun nights. LOL. I think we've only ever closed the bar...twice, but we will tear our house UP wrestling around and playing while we're drunk and stupid. The latest we stay up anymore is around 1-2 a.m. when the kids are at mom's, because I try to get to her house by 9 or 10 am to pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Janeen, I used to be the same way! I wasn't someone that could do one or two drinks.

But since having M, I have no desire to get drunk. Last time I got drunk was a week before my BFP (I was pregnant!).
    Noooooooooooo me either!!! I thought about having one drink on New Years Eve but noooooo way, I know myself...one drink just isn't any fun.

I confess that when I got pregnant...I went out with a bang. Starting at 9dpo (on a Thursday) I was testing every morning. Every morning that I got a negative, we were at the bar that night and I was CONVINCED that the IUI hadn't worked. I just kept thinking it couldn't seriously be that easy for me...one IUI and I'm pregnant? Yeah right.

This went on for three nights... Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunday was non-existent as I was hungover and sleeping all day. Sunday night I told Jimi I seriously didn't think the IUI had worked. He went and bought some digitals and I woke up to a positive on Monday morning. Woooeeeee, thankfully the baby doesn't get anything from the woman that early on.
    Last edited by Janeen; 01-08-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Noooooooooooo me either!!! I thought about having one drink on New Years Eve but noooooo way, I know myself...one drink just isn't any fun.

I confess that when I got pregnant...I went out with a bang. Starting at 9dpo (on a Thursday) I was testing every morning. Every morning that I got a negative, we were at the bar that night and I was CONVINCED that the IUI hadn't worked. I just kept thinking it couldn't seriously be that easy for me...one IUI and I'm pregnant? Yeah right.

This went on for three nights... Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunday was non-existent as I was hungover and sleeping all day. Sunday night I told Jimi I seriously didn't think the IUI had worked. He went and bought some digitals and I woke up to a positive on Monday morning. Woooeeeee, thankfully the baby doesn't get anything from the woman that early on.
    It scares me to know how much I drank while I was pregnant before I knew!

28. Default

Holy Eff!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big E - What happened with Chris's job????? I missed this.

Janeen - That bedding is ADORABLE!!!

Alisha - Yes Ma'am I got the job

I was just posting in another thread about when my RE did the insemination...he went to walk out of the room, gave me a high five and said "I'll be hearing from you in two weeks with a positive pregnancy test." Maybe that should have been a sign that it was going to work but all I could think was that he seemed really cocky and overly sure of his skills.

30. Default

I confess I have "Taylor the latte boy" stuck in my head