Page 240 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1401902302382392402412422502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

That is pretty ballsy...and really funny.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I confess that I usually don't say anything about the religious FB post I see. I know I talk about them sometimes here as sometimes they do bother me when I have to scroll through scriptures of the day and all kinds of praying statuses.

Today they are doing this state your bra color thing and one of my friends who I don't even remember and need to de-friend put something on her status saying: "Put this on your page if you know someone who has or had cancer. Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen. 93% won't copy and paste this, will you?" One of her friends replied: "93% won't copy and paste this because God doesn't read your FB prayers and if praying for a cure for cancer worked, it would be done with already. Amen!" LOL, that cracked me up. I wonder who will be attacking the responder later and am considering friending her even though I really don't know who she is LOL.

Erin
    I'd like to know how this all turns out! How i'd love for you to post what the responses will be....wink....wink....wink.

I confess I can't go back all these pages and read. Since DH has been out of work I just haven't been on here much at all. Busy busy. We spent most of the day driving around putting in applications. Kids in tow. UGH. Fun times. Really.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I'd like to know how this all turns out! How i'd love for you to post what the responses will be....wink....wink....wink.

I confess I can't go back all these pages and read. Since DH has been out of work I just haven't been on here much at all. Busy busy. We spent most of the day driving around putting in applications. Kids in tow. UGH. Fun times. Really.
    I will forgive you for not looking at all of the pages but you must see this so I will post it again...

Janeen - that is AWESOME!!!

Erin - that comment was really funny (and yeah, ballsy!)

Sadly though, it reminded me of something that happened to my friend's step mom - she was battling breast cancer, and had done very well with her 1st round of treatment. Right before she was to start round 2, the pastor of her church came to visit and pray with her "that God's will be done". This man basically convinced her that it was a sin to try and control God's will with modern medicine - if she was meant to live, God would hear her prayers and cure her. After this, my friend's stepmom did a 180, declined the second round of treatment, and turned to prayer as her only form of treatment... needless to say, she died. She was only in her 40s

Your son just told me that he needs really cool Rockstar bedding too.

He also said to tell you he's not kidding, not even one little bit!

I'm easily amusing myself tonight.

Lol... my son? Ha! My son won't have a bedding-set compatible bed for a while But I will totally look for those once/if he ever gets a bed that requires bedding. Where is it from?

Janeen, I love that bedding!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Lol... my son? Ha! My son won't have a bedding-set compatible bed for a while But I will totally look for those once/if he ever gets a bed that requires bedding. Where is it from?
    lol Babies R Us. I put it on our registry.

I'm tempted to buy it and just store it until we need it. Please don't let me do that. My house is full of enough crappolla as it is

It's definitely not priced for something to buy just in case you might use it, not in my opinion anyway. But if you looked at the price and disagree...go right on ahead!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess Claire came up to me in the kitchen earlier, pulled down her pants, bent over, and ordered me to kiss her butt.

It isn't quite as bad as it seems. It was hurting her (she's a little constipated, I think) and she knows that Mommy kisses make everything better. I ended up having to kiss her butt multiple times tonight.

And this is an interesting site: http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/

LOL, Lydia, that is funny. Travis is going through a stage where he runs up to me and says, "bumpy finger/hand/head/toe" and wants me to kiss it and say "all better." He shouts "all better" and runs off when I do.

My lovely DH got home 2 hours late last night, but as soon as he was home, he told me to take a nap and I did! I feel better today. Trav and I will be getting out of the house even though there is loads of fresh snow on the ground.

Maggie! Whine all you want - better out than in. Goodness knows I do enough of it.

I confess, I rebelled by not doing the bra thing on FB.

Mia is going through a "kiss it better" phase too. The other day she bumped her teeth and wanted me to kiss them better.

I confess that I'm feeling like a crappy mother at the moment. Mia just started daycare full time (after going just 3 hours a day previously). The first couple of days went well so I thought she'd be fine if I left her there until 5pm yesterday so that I could get some things done. Well, I showed up at 4.40pm and she was the only one there. Her teacher said that she had been really sad because every time someone else got picked up, she thought it was me, then she got really upset when it wasn't. Worst mommy guilt ever! I didn't know the other kids all left so early. Her daycare teachers were like "You're not working yet are you? Is there some reason you couldn't pick her up earlier??" which made me feel judged, on top of guilty. I would have come immediately if I had known there was a problem. Ugh. Poor Mia!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Maggie! Whine all you want - better out than in. Goodness knows I do enough of it.

Mia is going through a "kiss it better" phase too. The other day she bumped her teeth and wanted me to kiss them better.

I confess that I'm feeling like a crappy mother at the moment. Mia just started daycare full time (after going just 3 hours a day previously). The first couple of days went well so I thought she'd be fine if I left her there until 5pm yesterday so that I could get some things done. Well, I showed up at 4.40pm and she was the only one there. Her teacher said that she had been really sad because every time someone else got picked up, she thought it was me, then she got really upset when it wasn't. Worst mommy guilt ever! I didn't know the other kids all left so early. Her daycare teachers were like "You're not working yet are you? Is there some reason you couldn't pick her up earlier??" which made me feel judged, on top of guilty. I would have come immediately if I had known there was a problem. Ugh. Poor Mia!
    Just because you didn't punch in somewhere doesn't mean you weren't doing things that needed to get done. That's so inappropriate of them to say that to you! You are NOT a crappy mother!

Thanks Bridget. I was really busy with a billion things yesterday, and as far as I knew Mia was having a great time. Now that I stop to think about it, I don't know why they didn't just call me. I would have dropped everything and come ASAP if I had known she was feeling sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Thanks Bridget. I was really busy with a billion things yesterday, and as far as I knew Mia was having a great time. Now that I stop to think about it, I don't know why they didn't just call me. I would have dropped everything and come ASAP if I had known she was feeling sad.
    I think you should tell them as much. What is the point of them making passive aggressive comments to you if they aren't going to give you the chance to remedy what they saw as a problem.

Janeen, that bedding is AWESOME!!! Seriously. I love it!

Congrats Ashley! DH is bummed they closed all the Hastings in Missouri years ago. I didn't know there were any left. Must have been a regional thing. Higher pay and benefits are awesome.

Lydia, is Ronin feeling any better? Did his fever go down?

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    And because its a confession thread...I confess that I really don't get why posting my bra color facebook is supposed to be helpful against breast cancer. But it is interesting to see people from all walks of my life participating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I confess that I usually don't say anything about the religious FB post I see. I know I talk about them sometimes here as sometimes they do bother me when I have to scroll through scriptures of the day and all kinds of praying statuses.

Today they are doing this state your bra color thing and one of my friends who I don't even remember and need to de-friend put something on her status saying: "Put this on your page if you know someone who has or had cancer. Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen. 93% won't copy and paste this, will you?" One of her friends replied: "93% won't copy and paste this because God doesn't read your FB prayers and if praying for a cure for cancer worked, it would be done with already. Amen!" LOL, that cracked me up. I wonder who will be attacking the responder later and am considering friending her even though I really don't know who she is LOL.

Erin
    I confess I was feeling pretty stupid yesterday cause I could not figure out why friends were dropping one word posts with colors. Thank you for the clue!

And Erin that response was awesome! I copy/pasted a different version of that cancer thing last month, but it didn't have the religiousness to it. I would have deleted those parts if it had. My MIL posted one of those things yesterday about losing a baby. She added some god stuff to the end of it herself.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I'm feeling a little stir crazy today. I'm getting tired of going to work and coming home... going to school, going to work and coming home. None of my friends want to hang out anymore it seems. We're cutting back on spending so we can't go to the movies or anything. Besides that, when I get like this, I want to do SOMETHING but nothing sounds like fun!!! This sucks sometimes. Here it is the weekend and nothing fun to do!

Awww Janeen, can you maybe invite some friends over for some fun time that doesn't involve money? Like playing games, watching movies or sports, cooking?

Doesn't Erin live in Denver? I would be in Erin's face every day if I lived there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess Claire came up to me in the kitchen earlier, pulled down her pants, bent over, and ordered me to kiss her butt.

It isn't quite as bad as it seems. It was hurting her (she's a little constipated, I think) and she knows that Mommy kisses make everything better. I ended up having to kiss her butt multiple times tonight.
    /[/URL]
    That just made me smile. One of things that at first you are like OMG...but really the little one was innocent in their intent.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

[QUOTE=MammaMia;1056970627]

[QUOTE]

I'm not doing it either. I'm shocked at many people are. But my male boss is on my facebook and we are pretty close in age and that is just not something cool to do. TMI.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Awww Janeen, can you maybe invite some friends over for some fun time that doesn't involve money? Like playing games, watching movies or sports, cooking?
    I am more than willing to bet that they would only come if I offered them some booze. The majority of them anyway. They will all be off at the bar this weekend (like every weekend) partying it up like rock stars.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Doesn't Erin live in Denver? I would be in Erin's face every day if I lived there!
    Rin? Yeah, she lives pretty far north...probably a good hour I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I'm feeling a little stir crazy today. I'm getting tired of going to work and coming home... going to school, going to work and coming home. None of my friends want to hang out anymore it seems. We're cutting back on spending so we can't go to the movies or anything. Besides that, when I get like this, I want to do SOMETHING but nothing sounds like fun!!! This sucks sometimes. Here it is the weekend and nothing fun to do!
    All my "friends" ditched me when I got pregnant and couldn't drink and have fun anymore. Made me totally realize who actually mattered in my life! I wish we lived closer, i'd SOOOO love to hang out with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Janeen, that bedding is AWESOME!!! Seriously. I love it!
    Agreed! I could totally see my sister getting that if she was having a boy. Loves her music, concerts, guitar hero, rock band.

With my DH, if we ever get pg with a boy...I know we will do a train theme. My DH is VERY into trains.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    And it's winter and crummy out so all the fun free stuff to do is pretty much not around. A walk through a park when it's -2 just isn't the same as one when it's 62!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Agreed! I could totally see my sister getting that if she was having a boy. Loves her music, concerts, guitar hero, rock band.

With my DH, if we ever get pg with a boy...I know we will do a train theme. My DH is VERY into trains.
    Meeeee too, well not guitar hero and rock band ONLY when I'm drunk...much like with karaoke.