Page 234 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1341842242322332342352362442843347341234 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,020 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

You can have it towed, I imagine.

We called to complain that our neighbor was blocking our driveway and the police offered to have it towed. We said no, just a ticket or warning would be nice. They said sure but actually never showed up in the 12 hours until our neighbor left again.

I'm a little late for the MIL discussion, but mine is truly a gem. She frequently stops talking to DH because of some imagined insult.

Before he met me, DH was in a relationship with a woman from Panama. When he introduced her to his mom, MIL said right in front of her "I guess I won't ever have any white grandchildren, then."

We live in the same city, but we rarely see her. She came and took our cat away on DH's birthday without even wishing him a happy birthday, and DH hasn't even wanted to talk to her since. That was almost two years ago. I think we've seen her once since then, this last summer.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I made it until midnight! First time since having kids. We watched a movie called Funny People with Adam Sandler that I actually really enjoyed. I was starting to nod off during it and dbf kept making comments that he really hoped I didn't fall asleep. So I stood up and shook it off and had him make me a margarita.
    I know he was hoping to get some, and I was actually planning to as well, but my cycle started literally five minutes before we climbed into bed. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    O... M... G...

ETA - I was given tablespoons of warm cognac when I was sick, starting probably at age 8. Not a popular decision in America, but at least it was an itty bitty bit very rarely haha.
    You know I can kind of see that. I think that they used to rub a bit of alcohol on teething babies gums.

And Nyquil has a fair amount of alcohol in that.

I have asthma that is really a problem when sick. I will be up all night coughing. Last year grandma told me to try a bit of brandy before bed....that worked way better than the nyquil and even better than my inhalers. Calmed my throat down so it stopped choking long enough to let me fall asleep. Once I was able to get some sleep, I was able to start to get better.

I could see a little bit given to a child in correct doses, like a tablespoon depending on weight and age when sick.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My grandma was known to give us blackberry brandy when we were kids if we were so sick. Apparently she said that if nothing else, it helped us sleep so our bodies could heal.
    I'd say it's probably no worse than the nyquil but I wouldn't give that either.

My grandpa would give a shot of whiskey with lemon and honey to anyone who would cough. Blech.

I hope you all had a good New Year's Day. I made chicken and ponce gumbo with potato salad. Nom. It's the second gumbo I've ever made in my life. My momma should be proud.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

What is a ponce? I thought it was an effeminate guy?

Well, it might gross you out lol, but it's like the stuff you would find in a sausage stuffed in a pig stomach. It's pretty tasty, tastes just like sausage. It's a Cajun thing.

9. Default

I confess the liquor store down the street from my parents is hiring.. I am going to get an application! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Underwear 8
    Potty 0
    I totally forgot it was NYE tonight. Not doing anything special, except a lot of laundry. I'm just making a regular dinner.

Update:

Underwear-- 16
    Potty-- 2 (only by accident)
    Migraine--excruciating
    Nausea--worsening
    L....O....L....O....L Definitely keep up on the stats. Too freaking funny from this end of the computer....I too have decided to live a life where the child leads....Gage isn't even willing to wear underwear at this point and says "Gage is too little. Not a big boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Sounds delicious, Katy. :belly: Have fun tonight!

I confess I just found out that my grandmother is likely going to die soon. She was doing so much better - had gotten over the pneumonia and staph infection (and the other crap that was going on)... but they found out a few days ago that her heart is only working at 10% of its capacity. They flew her to DC and a team of cardiologists looked at her and came to the conclusion that a pacemaker wouldn't make a difference. Or maybe they didn't want to risk it since she'd likely die on the table? From what my dad (briefly) told me, they are going to send her home and send hospice out once a week.

Poor Moo... she's so scared. She's very religious so I don't think she's scared of the after, just of it actually happening.
    I'm so very sorry. I know how much you must be hurting right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Hi everybodeeeeeeeeeeee! happy new year, my darlings. I've been very absent and trying hard to catch up.

Here is my confession: MIL drives me nutbar. How very boring and obvious of me to have an annoying MIL.
    I'm the opposite! My MIL is accomodating enough to go to Fla. for 6 months of the year and too busy to see us more than twice in the 6 months she is here...absence makes the heart grow fonder I swear.

Teneille, it isn't what you are dragging behind you that matters, it is what you can hold in your arms. Hugs woman. You are doing fine.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post

Teneille, it isn't what you are dragging behind you that matters, it is what you can hold in your arms. Hugs woman. You are doing fine.
    I like that! and you need to update your siggy woman! Gage is 3 now!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I like that! and you need to update your siggy woman! Gage is 3 now!!
    Yeah....I'm kinda a loser about changing the siggy pics...tried and failed.
    I'm going to get dd to update the stats.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Hey guess what guys! More holiday fighting! Someone just shoot me now, please?
    The thing is, I know I am in the wrong with this one, but it is the principle of it all, and all the other stupid things we fight about on top of it. Seriously why do I have to be so stubborn about everything, including staying in a situation I know I'm unhappy in just because I'm terrified of the alternatives?

Why can't I just say "Thank you" when he shows me the door? He says "you want to be happy, go see if you are happy without me", and I say no, I want to work it out with you.--why would I rather be miserable with him, instead of possibly happy without him? Augh!

Happy freaking new year.

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    L....O....L....O....L Definitely keep up on the stats. Too freaking funny from this end of the computer....I too have decided to live a life where the child leads....Gage isn't even willing to wear underwear at this point and says "Gage is too little. Not a big boy"
    Prenap it was 5 potty, 3 underwear.

Postnap it has been 2 potty, 4 underwear.

Migraine is gone. I am just hoping, hoping, hoping to get potty training done before the new baby comes along. I'm perfectly happy with diapers, but I can't see having 3 in diapers, or lifting them to the changing table to change them post C-Section.

Good luck with the potty training Lydia. I hope its accomplished before the little one gets here.

I am very tired. Stayed up until 2am- would have been happy to have hit the hay sooner but we still had guests over. Worked at 8a this morning for an hour and then slept for almost 4 hours this afternoon. DH. My BFF is in town and we got pictures taken of her oldest and Sam and its the funniest/cutest picture ever. I cant wait to get it.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

I confess that my brother and I are having a good laugh over a memory of when I lived in Hawaii and he came with my parents to visit. Him and I were in the living room of the house we rented and my mom was on the porch and yelled, "I can't find my fanny pack!"
    And my brother mumbled to me, "Ummm...I think you left it in 1982."

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that my brother and I are having a good laugh over a memory of when I lived in Hawaii and he came with my parents to visit. Him and I were in the living room of the house we rented and my mom was on the porch and yelled, "I can't find my fanny pack!"
    OMG I would have died laughing.

Migraine is gone. I am just hoping, hoping, hoping to get potty training done before the new baby comes along. I'm perfectly happy with diapers, but I can't see having 3 in diapers, or lifting them to the changing table to change them post C-Section.
    Can you change them on the floor somewhere? I know some moms never have a changing table.

Because I have been on the road all day, am feeling lazy and don't feel like messing with Photobucket...here are some pictures from our road trip today.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1045921873
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I have asthma that is really a problem when sick. I will be up all night coughing. Last year grandma told me to try a bit of brandy before bed....that worked way better than the nyquil and even better than my inhalers. Calmed my throat down so it stopped choking long enough to let me fall asleep. Once I was able to get some sleep, I was able to start to get better.

I could see a little bit given to a child in correct doses, like a tablespoon depending on weight and age when sick.
    That's often my problem. Last spring I had two back to back cases of bronchitis. I couldn't get to sleep because of the horrible coughing, and you can't get any better if you don't get to sleep. It took 2 rounds of antibiotics (secondary infections), and some really awesome but horrible tasting prescription cough syrup. Yay for codeine!!!

I too would not hesitate to give L some alcohol if I thought symptoms warranted. But he would have to be closer to 8-10 and it would not be much. Hot toddies are pretty tasty. I was having 2 of those a night before bed with the earlier mentioned bronchitis before it got really bad.

OMG whimper! No, don't even tempt it. I'd be changing them on the floor too if they're not PT by then.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

My new year's eve and morning:

cranky baby (teething, poor little butt raw from teething diarrhea - I am thankful for super duper diaper doo)
    oh, and cranky baby has a head cold
    dog that has had diarrhea for 2 days, and prefers to poop on the big area rug (instead of acres of hardwood floor or vinyl tile that's so much easier to clean)

I got Liam drugged up (baby motrin how I love thee), in bed, and asleep at 10:30 pm.
    @ 11 pm had discussion with Tred about whether or not we were going to DTD for the new year. AF is here and I never like DTD then. Did I mention he is a wonderful understanding husband? He settled for a raincheck and reminded me I was short on sleep as it was and to just go to sleep.
    At midnight at least a half dozen of our neighbors started shooting fireworks. One of them sounded like it was right outside our window. Very cold and snow/ice outside, so sound carried far. Liam didn't wake up, but was very restless when it started. A few rounds lasting less than 5 minutes I probably could have handled. They were still shooting off crap at 1 am this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep both cause of how loud it was, and cause I was keeping an eye on Liam.
    Liam was up at 4:40 am and I just nursed to get him back to sleep quickly. Night weaning be da.mned.
    6 am I felt myself "gush" courtesy of AF and hoped the pad caught it.
    7:20 am Liam was awake. We let the dog out and he stood and watched her in the back yard while I went potty.

The pad caught maybe 20% of my gush. I had on white undies. On my way to get a new pair of undies I glance into the living room, where I see not one, and not two, but THREE piles of goopy dog poop. I wake up Tred as I know there's no way I'm going to be able to keep Liam out of the other piles while I'm cleaning up one.

Three absolutely stinky piles of poo cleaned up, I tackle my white undies next in the bathroom sink. Miraculously get them clean (why the antibacterial soap does the best job on blood stains I will never understand, but there it is). Glance at bed on my way to add sweats and socks to my wardrobe and realize my bloody undies did not protect the pillow I had between my knees (always sleep with one there for my back). Strip the pillowcase and discover a large blood stain on the actual pillow. Spend another 20 min in the bathroom scrubbing.

Later in my day dog adds vomiting to the list (and of course the vet is closed today) and she's snapping at things in front of her like there are gnats buzzing her head. Great.

I hope everyone else had a better New Year than I did.

I confess that I seriously want my sex drive back sometime in the very near future.

Maaaaan, sounds like a loud and messy New Years, Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Maaaaan, sounds like a loud and messy New Years, Sun!
    Loud and messy. That's the perfect summary.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Ok so I'm not really that into style (I like comfort but go for flattering on me for like work and things like that)...but as dorky as they are, I admit that I use one when on vacation. LOL They just are so easy to use and I don't have to carry a purse. So yeah when we have gone to say Six Flags, I use it (I have to have a place for the glasses and DH's wallet for roller coasters). And I used it when we were at Disney World a few years ago. Not flattering, definitely not cool....but I figure who cares, I don't know any of these people and will never see them again.

So yeah I confess....I have a fanny pack and will use it for certain kinds of vacations. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    That's often my problem. Last spring I had two back to back cases of bronchitis. I couldn't get to sleep because of the horrible coughing, and you can't get any better if you don't get to sleep. It took 2 rounds of antibiotics (secondary infections), and some really awesome but horrible tasting prescription cough syrup. Yay for codeine!!!

I too would not hesitate to give L some alcohol if I thought symptoms warranted. But he would have to be closer to 8-10 and it would not be much. Hot toddies are pretty tasty. I was having 2 of those a night before bed with the earlier mentioned bronchitis before it got really bad.

Oh yeah when it gets really bad, even the prescription stuff does nothing for me. It just wears you out so bad when you cough for a few months straight. I had it pretty bad last winter and in high school (senior year I missed over 30 days of school because I was just coughing too much and sooooo tired....thank god my classes were easy for me and I still graduated with honors).

last winter I would start choking so bad that my face turned red and i would be gagging and tears running out of my eyes. really freaked out DH. I spent a few nights on the bathroom floor because the steam from the hot water would help a bit.

I'm really really hoping to avoid that this winter!

So what is a hot toddy exactly for future reference?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh Sun, sorry you had an awful start to the new year. I hope that your dog is feeling better much soon. Have you been feeding puppy rice? The one time my doggie had bloody diarrhea, they had us remove all food and just give her boiled chicken and rice mixture to give the tummy time to heal. She protested a bit going back to regular dog food after that (we slowly mixed it in once she was feeling better).

As for blood removal, hydrogen peroxide works wonders.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess...I'm going to be asking for a referral to the weight management program at work. I know that there are several levels depending on how much you want to lose and how quickly. I'm really considering the very quick one which would involve shakes and a hot cereal....and maybe fruit in the shakes. I know a guy who did that and lost 60 lbs in 3 or 4 months. It's intensive and is medically supervised and you do get all the nutrition the body needs. After you are done losing, they transition you to a maintenance program. I was talking to DH and he said if he could lose that quickly, he would do it too. He could stand to lose about 60 lbs so he would qualify with his BMI too. If he still was eating dinners, I would want to eat too. But I think that I might be able to do it if we are doing it together.
    Would be so weird to not really grocery shop or have that many dishes to wash. and this would be a good time of year to do this because it's winter here and we really don't usually have company much or travel much (DH's mom is supposed to try to come in a few weeks for his b-day but that is weather is ok and I think that it would be a few weeks until we started this).

It would be really weird to not eat....especially for us since we LOVE to eat.
    But I did a really weird strict eating thing after my gastric bypass 5 years ago. Basically the first few months I had cottage cheese...had to be soft foods and had to be protein. Yogurt made me sick. And it was literally only 2 tablespoons per meal. Was over 6 months before I had chocolate, 18 months for soda, even a few months for veggies and certain fruits. I can't even describe how strong flavors were when I first added a little bit back in and how incredibly sweet fruit was. Dh really lost the weight when i had surgery, since I couldn't eat much, he wouldn't have stuff I liked but couldn't have.

I put on a lot in the past or year and a half. I had surgery to have a baby and when no baby, I got so mad and basically said screw all the rules. Stupid stupid.
    I want to feel better like when I was an 18 and have the energy of back a few years ago. And since I'm trying to still hopefully get pg, I'm hoping that if we both lose that will help and if we feel better and have more energy, we will want to DTD more often.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Guys, help me...we are thinking of a trial separation and DH wants me to leave sooner rather than later...maybe today but I have no idea what to do. Josh is at the inlaws so I can do it if I decide to but I am scared. There are motels nearby but I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Guys, help me...we are thinking of a trial separation and DH wants me to leave sooner rather than later...maybe today but I have no idea what to do. Josh is at the inlaws so I can do it if I decide to but I am scared. There are motels nearby but I'm afraid.
    Okay honey, this is a huge step. I'm proud of you. Why are you the one leaving? Are you supposed to take Josh and find somewhere to stay? I think your dh really needs to help you figure out where you are going to live before he tells you to leave. If he's so anxious to get it going, maybe he should leave.
    Do you have a friend you could stay with? Do you have places around there rent out month to month? Check craigslist.

I've been having major issues with Josh. Because I've had crazy low motivation for ANYTHING recently, I have been super impatient with Josh and if I did leave for a trial honestly I'd be living in a motel room and I would not want to put Josh through that. He'd stay with DH. Is that horrible?

I fully expected that if we did a trial separation maybe I'd find out a little about myself, find some things to make me happy, maybe get a job or at least some good hobbies that'll keep me busy. I envisioned becoming a little more fulfilled with my life in general so that every fight with DH wouldn't look like the end of the world. Does that make sense?

I asked him to help me but he thought it kind of absurd for him to help me out since he doesn't even really want me to go. We had a talk just now. (he's wicked late for work!) and I don't even know now if I'm leaving. I don't know which way is up anymore. I need to call my therapist and see if she'll see me ASAP.