Page 232 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1321822222302312322332342422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,960 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess -- We made it to WY. There's alot more that I ended up typing in the Random confessions thread, and it kinda turned into a rant/vent so I'll just keep it short and simple by saying B is an idiot, and didn't even try to see the girls for christmas, or before we left.

I confess the thought entered my mind as I was driving behind my dad pulling the Uhaul of my belongings, How sad that all my possessions - for me, AND the girls fit in a 12x6 trailer, and don't even fill it.
    But the possessions in that trailer mean nothing, sweetie. You have your two darling babies, that's all you need. You get a fresh start at life and you'll do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that when my brother and I were single and used to go out together (and he was still pretending to be straight) if a cute guy/girl came up and stood next to us at the bar, he'd say to me, "Have you talked to mom today?", so the guy/girl would know we weren't together. Well the other night he texted me with that phrase and I knew what he meant right away. I told him I missed those days and I missed him. We used to be together all of the time and now that I have settled down and had kids, we just never get to connect. So he texts me back that he doesn't understand why I can't have a life just because I have kids. I texted him back that my life is my kids and I just don't have the desire to go out and party anymore. I expected a snarky comment back but got nothing until about an hour later he texted me and told me the next time I get a chance I should drive over his way and we should go get mani/pedis, his treat.
    It doesn't seem like a big deal but I have lost sleep over how much my relationship with him has suffered. He's been exhibiting extremely selfish and hurtful behavior lately. I know it's all a result of his insecurities and lonliness but it still sucks. It warms my heart that he is making this effort. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that he got back together with his boyfriend. They are moving in together. I'm so happy for him. He's such an amazing wonderful man that just gets totally lost sometimes.
    Wow, that was long! And probably boring. I'm just happy and wanted to share.

Aww, that's so sweet. I hope your relationship gets better.

Thanks girls! When he moves in with his boyfriend he'll be living closer to me so that's a huge positive!
    I've never had a manicure in my life! He's so much more girly than I am!

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    But the possessions in that trailer mean nothing, sweetie. You have your two darling babies, that's all you need. You get a fresh start at life and you'll do fine!
    Couldn't have said it better.

Ashley, I hope your trip to WY went well, and I'm wishing you a wonderful New Year and a fabulous new start

I confess that I felt sad for you while reading that Ashley. I know how hard it is... even when you know it's the right decision.

Sun, the only cravings that I would call cravings would be the chicken ceasar wrap from MegaWraps and then that turned into the classic philly cheesesteak sandwich from Cheesesteak Connection. They aren't die hard give them to me now or I kill you cravings, I just eat it like 2-3 times per week.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess -- We made it to WY. There's alot more that I ended up typing in the Random confessions thread, and it kinda turned into a rant/vent so I'll just keep it short and simple by saying B is an idiot, and didn't even try to see the girls for christmas, or before we left.

I confess the thought entered my mind as I was driving behind my dad pulling the Uhaul of my belongings, How sad that all my possessions - for me, AND the girls fit in a 12x6 trailer, and don't even fill it.
    Glad to made it ok to WY! B is definitely more than idiot. Someday he will realize that and have to live with a lot of regret.

As for not having much stuff...some people would think of that as a great thing and strive not to have too much stuff. Plus you have moved a bit recently and that tends to stop one from keeping so much stuff.
    I didn't have a whole lot of stuff either when I was younger...each year it just gets worse.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget that sounds like a good start to getting a relationship back with your brother.

And the manicure sounds like fun but not the pedi...at least not to me...my feet can't be touched.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Glad to made it ok to WY! B is definitely more than idiot. Someday he will realize that and have to live with a lot of regret.

As for not having much stuff...some people would think of that as a great thing and strive not to have too much stuff. Plus you have moved a bit recently and that tends to stop one from keeping so much stuff.
    I didn't have a whole lot of stuff either when I was younger...each year it just gets worse.

I agree. I really miss the days when I could fit all my worldly possessions into the back of my Subaru. I feel like I've lost a great deal of freedom by having too much stuff.

I'm glad you made it safely, and I'm sorry you'll have to have a lifelong relationship with someone who seems so unwilling to be considerate or a good father.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Underwear 8
    Potty 0

LOL Lydia
    Back when I tried PTing with Josh he went through about 12 pairs by noon one day.

Ashley, glad you made it okay and I agree, those two sweet girls are everything you need.

Bridget, that's so sweet that your brother is reaching out to you.

I confess things have been kind of distant between me and my big sister lately for a number of reasons. She has started calling me again, and I'm happy about that, but when she does it's to ask advice for what to do about her 15 year old daughter and I have no idea what to tell her. I also know she's only calling me with it because she doesn't want to discuss this stuff with our mom. Not really sure what to make of it or how to handle it.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Underwear 8
    Potty 0
    Oh no...not a good day.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess...I'm a roll today! My boss is out and my assistant is at lunch. In just the past 20 minutes I solved a computer issue (I'm ok with them but by no means even close to an expert). And I also found an article that was not given to me in a correct citation (as in a bunch of the info was wrong)...and he needs the article this afternoon. I just when I can find those really tricky requests and have the articles emailed to them in just a short amount of time.

What is everyone doing tonight? Any special food? We usually have pizza on NYE and hopefully DH has the dough made and rising before he picks me up from work (he dropped me off since we had to hit the bank this morning and sign more loan papers).

Wishing it was 4:30 already!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I totally forgot it was NYE tonight. Not doing anything special, except a lot of laundry. I'm just making a regular dinner.

Update:

Underwear-- 16
    Potty-- 2 (only by accident)
    Migraine--excruciating
    Nausea--worsening

shutterbird Guest

Sorry it's such a crappy day, Lydia. I loathe potty-training... I'm just letting Lore wait until she's ready.

We're having Taco soup tonight. Not the healthiest, but it smells gooooood!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I totally forgot it was NYE tonight. Not doing anything special, except a lot of laundry. I'm just making a regular dinner.

Update:

Underwear-- 16
    Potty-- 2 (only by accident)
    Migraine--excruciating
    Nausea--worsening
    OMG you're making me scared just reading that... despite it being YEARS away for me.

We're having faux Chipotle burritos for dinner tonight - the nearest Chipotle is a 1.5 hr drive away, so I've researched some almost-like recipes. We'll see how it goes.

We are having a dinner party with several friends. My dh loves to cook, so we are having a mixed greens salad with meyer lemon and grapefruit dressing, saffron cauliflower soup, mushroom risotto and osso buco. I made flan for dessert (and also have peppermint marshmallows and chocolate cracker kisses). We have LOTS of French champagne as well as a wine chosen for each course. My dh absolutely loves creating these kind of amazing dinners, and I am just along for the yummy ride. My mom has the baby for the night, but I cannot imagine a worse thing that taking care of a toddler while hungover tomorrow so I will probably not be drinking too much at all. Our neighbor is having a party so we will probably stroll over there for midnight.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    OMG you're making me scared just reading that... despite it being YEARS away for me.

We're having faux Chipotle burritos for dinner tonight - the nearest Chipotle is a 1.5 hr drive away, so I've researched some almost-like recipes. We'll see how it goes.
    I was going to suggest Burrachos...but looked it up and realized that they are a just a chain in Wisconsin for now. I LOVE them and think that they are better than Chipotle.

Hopefully your homemade ones will be great!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG Kat that is some FANCY food! Never had any of that and not even sure what all of things are!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

Sounds delicious, Katy. :belly: Have fun tonight!

I confess I just found out that my grandmother is likely going to die soon. She was doing so much better - had gotten over the pneumonia and staph infection (and the other crap that was going on)... but they found out a few days ago that her heart is only working at 10% of its capacity. They flew her to DC and a team of cardiologists looked at her and came to the conclusion that a pacemaker wouldn't make a difference. Or maybe they didn't want to risk it since she'd likely die on the table? From what my dad (briefly) told me, they are going to send her home and send hospice out once a week.

Poor Moo... she's so scared. She's very religious so I don't think she's scared of the after, just of it actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    We are having a dinner party with several friends. My dh loves to cook, so we are having a mixed greens salad with meyer lemon and grapefruit dressing, saffron cauliflower soup, mushroom risotto and osso buco. I made flan for dessert (and also have peppermint marshmallows and chocolate cracker kisses). We have LOTS of French champagne as well as a wine chosen for each course. My dh absolutely loves creating these kind of amazing dinners, and I am just along for the yummy ride. My mom has the baby for the night, but I cannot imagine a worse thing that taking care of a toddler while hungover tomorrow so I will probably not be drinking too much at all. Our neighbor is having a party so we will probably stroll over there for midnight.
    NICE
    Can I come eat with you guys?

We just took the kids to see the new Chipmunk Movie. It was cute. First time we've ever gone to a theater as a family. I couldn't get over how cute Kai looked sitting in his chair munching his popcorn.
    I'm getting ready to make crab legs and french fries. Dbf is making us some margaritas. Here's to hoping I can make it til midnight!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I just found out that my grandmother is likely going to die soon. She was doing so much better - had gotten over the pneumonia and staph infection (and the other crap that was going on)... but they found out a few days ago that her heart is only working at 10% of its capacity. They flew her to DC and a team of cardiologists looked at her and came to the conclusion that a pacemaker wouldn't make a difference. Or maybe they didn't want to risk it since she'd likely die on the table? From what my dad (briefly) told me, they are going to send her home and send hospice out once a week.

Poor Moo... she's so scared. She's very religious so I don't think she's scared of the after, just of it actually happening.
    I'm sorry.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm getting ready to make crab legs and french fries. Dbf is making us some margaritas. Here's to hoping I can make it til midnight!
    How do you make crab legs? That sounds like an awesome dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    NICE
    Can I come eat with you guys?
    The more the merrier here! You are welcome if you can get here by 7:30

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    OMG Kat that is some FANCY food! Never had any of that and not even sure what all of things are!
    It's just the Italian name for slow braised lamb shank. That's what I'm saying - my dh is kooky for cooking! I make things like soup, toast, cereal and candy, but he is a real chef!

How do you make crab legs? That sounds like an awesome dinner!
    Just drop em in a pot of boiling water! Then we crack em open and dunk the meat in butter! It's delish!

Just drop em in a pot of boiling water! Then we crack em open and dunk the meat in butter! It's delish!
    Okay, Kate can come to dinner here and I'm coming to your house!

Okay, Kate can come to dinner here and I'm coming to your house!
    LOL
    Maybe next time...I couldn't make it to Texas that fast

Hi everybodeeeeeeeeeeee! happy new year, my darlings. I've been very absent and trying hard to catch up.

Here is my confession: MIL drives me nutbar. How very boring and obvious of me to have an annoying MIL.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Hi everybodeeeeeeeeeeee! happy new year, my darlings. I've been very absent and trying hard to catch up.

Here is my confession: MIL drives me nutbar. How very boring and obvious of me to have an annoying MIL.
    I, too, must be boring and obvious because my MIL drives me batty.