Page 231 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1311812212292302312322332412813317311231 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,930 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Silverstar! I am so jumping up and down for you!

Avatar was an excellent movie. I was so blown away. And, out of the 12 years I've known him, it was the third time I've ever seen dh get teary-eyed. The first was when we broke up many years ago, the second time was when Esme died. And this was the third. Yes, the message was pretty obvious, but it was so fantastic and actually believable. And heroism and nobility really makes me emotional, too.

Oh, and finally the ultrasound was good as far as I could tell, and he's definitely a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I don't actually because I have witnessed the opposite. They usually pay tons of attention to me and hardly any to Jimi. I figured it was because they felt safer with women but yeah...unless ya tip em while they're doing what they're doing...they don't come back much. LOL
    Oh we pay them well..but it seems there are only a couple girls who will approach women and we don't always see the same ones.
    Even when we explain it's just for me, they are always trying to grab DH, thinking he'd love that but really he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh we pay them well..but it seems there are only a couple girls who will approach women and we don't always see the same ones.
    Even when we explain it's just for me, they are always trying to grab DH, thinking he'd love that but really he doesn't.
    Wow, I would think they would be worried about pissing the wife/girlfriend off if they went too far, too much. I have been told by a couple of strippers that if it is a couple, they always pay more attention to the women because they don't want to cause any issues.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Yeah, I dunno. It's never really been too far for me, just irritating when I don't get any attention but he does ;)

shutterbird Guest

I just walked into the living room a few minutes ago to DH asking me, "So should I upgrade the shipping on your Kindle so that you'll get it on Saturday?"

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Best birthday present ever!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post

I just walked into the living room a few minutes ago to DH asking me, "So should I upgrade the shipping on your Kindle so that you'll get it on Saturday?"

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Best birthday present ever!

I'm obviously excited!

LOL shutter, very cool.

And congratulations silver!

very exciting about the kindle!!!! I don't buy hardly any books now (just feel weird buying boys as a librarian....though we do own a kindle in our library and most people that have checked it out REALLY like it...even the more tech scared staff!).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    very exciting about the kindle!!!! I don't buy hardly any books now (just feel weird buying boys as a librarian....though we do own a kindle in our library and most people that have checked it out REALLY like it...even the more tech scared staff!).

How young are these boys exactly and what does being a librarian have to do with it?

OMG and I totally meant buying books. And I am totally sober right now.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You had better be, after me laying down the law and all.

Question...in Lady Gagas song poker face, she says something about lovin with her muffin and I'm not just not getting why that is so bad or why it is getting bleeped out. I asked DH and he doesn't get it either....are we just getting that old?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Apparently they don't like the idea that she is referring to her vagina as a muffin? lol

You had better be, after me laying down the law and all.
    Yeah officer...no drinking and APA.

I am going to be making my drink though...I like the tiny straw and the ice clinking in the glass. LOL Plus once my brandy is all gone, will be time to start that whole healthy living boring diet thing.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Boring being the keyword. Man, as soon as I decide to try and eat healthy... I notice every single restaurant and they all sound ten times better than they did in the past.

Boring being the keyword. Man, as soon as I decide to try and eat healthy... I notice every single restaurant and they all sound ten times better than they did in the past.
    Has your body established a craving yet?

I never ate healthier than when I was pregnant. My cravings were fresh fruit and veggies. I seriously could not get enough apples, strawberries, and watermelon, and cucumbers, carrots, and cauliflower. And I normally tend to pass on the raw broccoli in favor of the cauli, but I was sucking it down along with the rest.

I still like that stuff now, but don't eat it nearly as much as I did when I was pregnant.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I'm trying not to throw up (for the last week actually).

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1056945363

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh no! I've been planning on transferring my blog to my own domain, but I keep procrastinating. Probably rightfully so, because Yahoo has lost all of my stored emails in the past, among other things. I hope you can recover everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I'm trying not to throw up (for the last week actually).

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1056945363
    You will be able to recreate it. Have tried to google your blog? Search engines take periodic snapshots of pages to have ready for searches, so you may be able to find it in a search.

Also, try the Wayback Machine: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Good luck.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that I just finished making a batch of PEPPERMINT MARSHMALLOWS!!! I love making candy for the holidays and this was my very last chance. I want to make a few more things tomorrow, but probably won't have time. Yummy candy yummy

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Oh no! I've been planning on transferring my blog to my own domain, but I keep procrastinating. Probably rightfully so, because Yahoo has lost all of my stored emails in the past, among other things. I hope you can recover everything.
    I love having complete control over it with it on our own domain. But honestly backing the thing up never even occurred to me prior to this. If/when we can recover it (I hope completely), I'm going to start backing it up at least quarterly.

I confess... I've been away from APA for WAAAAAY too long. Pooh pooh on holidays,

How is everyone?

Oh, and Happy (early) New Year!!!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I love having complete control over it with it on our own domain. But honestly backing the thing up never even occurred to me prior to this. If/when we can recover it (I hope completely), I'm going to start backing it up at least quarterly.
    Can you go into Cpanel and retreive your database stuff? It should be stored there as well. If you haven't fixed it by tomorrow, contact your hosting company and they might be able to figure it out for you.

So sorry. I've lost a blog before and it sucked. I backup my Wordpress once a month or so.

25. Default

I confess -- We made it to WY. There's alot more that I ended up typing in the Random confessions thread, and it kinda turned into a rant/vent so I'll just keep it short and simple by saying B is an idiot, and didn't even try to see the girls for christmas, or before we left.

I confess the thought entered my mind as I was driving behind my dad pulling the Uhaul of my belongings, How sad that all my possessions - for me, AND the girls fit in a 12x6 trailer, and don't even fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess -- We made it to WY. There's alot more that I ended up typing in the Random confessions thread, and it kinda turned into a rant/vent so I'll just keep it short and simple by saying B is an idiot, and didn't even try to see the girls for christmas, or before we left.

I confess the thought entered my mind as I was driving behind my dad pulling the Uhaul of my belongings, How sad that all my possessions - for me, AND the girls fit in a 12x6 trailer, and don't even fill it.

I'm glad you made it to WY safely.

2/09 6/09 4/14

This is a new beginning for you, hon. You are going to be great.

Glad you arrived safely. Here is to a new year, a new start, new beginnings.

I confess that when my brother and I were single and used to go out together (and he was still pretending to be straight) if a cute guy/girl came up and stood next to us at the bar, he'd say to me, "Have you talked to mom today?", so the guy/girl would know we weren't together. Well the other night he texted me with that phrase and I knew what he meant right away. I told him I missed those days and I missed him. We used to be together all of the time and now that I have settled down and had kids, we just never get to connect. So he texts me back that he doesn't understand why I can't have a life just because I have kids. I texted him back that my life is my kids and I just don't have the desire to go out and party anymore. I expected a snarky comment back but got nothing until about an hour later he texted me and told me the next time I get a chance I should drive over his way and we should go get mani/pedis, his treat.
    It doesn't seem like a big deal but I have lost sleep over how much my relationship with him has suffered. He's been exhibiting extremely selfish and hurtful behavior lately. I know it's all a result of his insecurities and lonliness but it still sucks. It warms my heart that he is making this effort. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that he got back together with his boyfriend. They are moving in together. I'm so happy for him. He's such an amazing wonderful man that just gets totally lost sometimes.
    Wow, that was long! And probably boring. I'm just happy and wanted to share.

Aw, Bridget, that's really nice about your brother. I miss my brother and sister.