Page 230 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220228229230231232 240 280 330 730 1230 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,900 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thanks, Mandy! I am so scared and thrilled all at the same time; I've never felt so anxious in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Hey Bridget, did you ever bring your guitar inside your home? How did it go with DBF?
    Hey, thanks for asking! I brought it downstairs today, into the daycare. He hasn't seen it yet. I don't know why I'm being so weird about it. He's not going to give me a hard time about the price. I got it at a secondhand shop for $20. Sometimes he just has a way of deflating things that I'm excited about and making me feel stupid. I'm just really excited about learning and keep imagining playing and singing for my daycare kids. I just feel like I want to keep it to myself. At least until he snaps out of whatever funk he's in right now.

Congrats!!!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

Congrats and good luck!!! *sticky dust*

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Hey, thanks for asking! I brought it downstairs today, into the daycare. He hasn't seen it yet. I don't know why I'm being so weird about it. He's not going to give me a hard time about the price. I got it at a secondhand shop for $20. Sometimes he just has a way of deflating things that I'm excited about and making me feel stupid. I'm just really excited about learning and keep imagining playing and singing for my daycare kids. I just feel like I want to keep it to myself. At least until he snaps out of whatever funk he's in right now.
    Totally understandable... I wish you didn't feel the need to hide it, though. That just sucks.

Yay for babies!

Bridget, honey, you play the **** out of that guitar right in his face.

I confess I'm in trouble with dh

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Oh no! What happened?

Congrats Silverstar!!!!

Have fun with the guitar Bridget! I know what you mean about not wanting to tel DH. I took up drawing again, with the idea of maybe starting an Etsy shop, but I haven't told DH because I know he'll find some way to poop on it. Blah!

What happened Katy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Ahhh, I thought maybe it was siggie name but that didn't quite make sense.

You were the first to notice.

Cosmo is the cute girl in my picture. And I might be biased but she is the best furry daughter ever I think. ;)
    Oh Thank FSM! I thought I was going crazy catching up on the last FIVE pages and wondering why in frell Cosmogirl stuff was being quoted as Jennifer912.

Congrats Silverstar! Woo Hoo!!!!

Lydia, I like the name Finn too.

We took my mother to see Avatar on Sunday, though not 3D. It was freaking awesome. We all talked about it for 2 more days, I had a dream about riding one of those horses, and by Monday we were ready to go see it in 3D. I can't wait to see it again.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

shutterbird Guest

Avatar... as in blue people Avatar? Or Avatar the Air Bender?

Avatar (the blue people). That movie is the reason Aang has to be called Avatar the Last AirBender.

Shutterbird for even asking that question.

Did you guys see that the Pier 39 sea lions are gone? wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Did you guys see that the Pier 39 sea lions are gone? wtf.
    WTF? Why? How? Cause of human intervention?

I dunno, they just up and left. I think I would be leaving SF.

I heard that the sea lions are expected back and were just chasing some food.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I like the new name Jennifer!

Yep I heard about the sea lions too.

I saw Avatar the other day. I enjoyed a lot. It's kind of big & dumb in a Hollywood way, but at the same time it's very involving and of course visually stunning. The plot is completely devoid of subtlety, but I enjoyed it so much that I didn't care. I want to see it again!

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Oh no! What happened?
    I hate to ask for money. So much so that when my checking account is low, I just put things on the CC so I don't have to ask dh for more money. It was an expensive month and a lot went on the CC. He checked the balance today and kind of freaked out (and by freaked out, I mean he sighed a lot we are NOT yellers). Anyway, it is my fault for being a freak about asking for money. I find it incredibly demeaning, but I need to get over it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I hate to ask for money. So much so that when my checking account is low, I just put things on the CC so I don't have to ask dh for more money. It was an expensive month and a lot went on the CC. He checked the balance today and kind of freaked out (and by freaked out, I mean he sighed a lot we are NOT yellers). Anyway, it is my fault for being a freak about asking for money. I find it incredibly demeaning, but I need to get over it.
    wouldn't it be easier to have joint accounts?

I can't see paying interest if you don't have to.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that I have AF cramps from hell.

6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    wouldn't it be easier to have joint accounts?

I can't see paying interest if you don't have to.
    I have my own account, but he puts money in it because I am not working right now.

And yes, I know I am being stupid about it and of course we shouldn't be paying interest when we don't have to. I just said it was my fault and I am a kook about money and so that is why dh is so annoyed with me.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    When I first stopped working after having Savana it was really, really hard for me to have to ask for money and justify what I was spending it on. I still don't love having to run things by him. So I totally get that.
    I confess I put an ad on craigslist to see if I could find someone to clean my daycare twice a week. I'm just putting in so many hours and often find myself down there after I put the kids to bed scrubbing the floor and toilet and I'm just getting burnt out. (On the cleaning, not the childcare) I'm actually hoping to find someone who will trade cleaning for a couple hours of childcare so it won't technically come out of my earnings but we'll see.
    I just got a response from an 18 year old college student who is in town through jan looking for some extra cash. He thought if I hadn't found someone yet he could do it until I did. He attached a picture of himself and when I opened it I laughed out loud. He's a little HOTTIE! 'I mean, to an 18 year old. He looks like a baby to me but the pic is hilarious. Seriously, it looks like a modeling picture. I showed it to dbf and he called me a cougar. Too funny.
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-30-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Maybe he can clean shirtless?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    When I first stopped working after having Savana it was really, really hard for me to have to ask for money and justify what I was spending it on. I still don't love having to run things by him. So I totally get that.
    I confess I put an ad on craigslist to see if I could find someone to clean my daycare twice a week. I'm just putting in so many hours and often find myself down there after I put the kids to bed scrubbing the floor and toilet and I'm just getting burnt out. (On the cleaning, not the childcare) I'm actually hoping to find someone who will trade cleaning for a couple hours of childcare so it won't technically come out of my earnings but we'll see.
    I just got a response from an 18 year old college student who is in town through jan looking for some extra cash. He thought if I hadn't found someone yet he could do it until I did. He attached a picture of himself and when I opened it I laughed out loud. He's a little HOTTIE! 'I mean, to an 18 year old. He looks like a baby to me but the pic is hilarious. Seriously, it looks like a modeling picture. I showed it to dbf and he called me a cougar. Too funny.
    Hehehe! I so want to see the pic.

shutterbird Guest

LOL, Cougar! You definitely have to post a pic.

I confess I got a killer deal at Half-priced books today. I realized that even if the books are used, they are still priced half-priced... not cool. I was looking for some slightly used and CHEAP books. I came out with three brand new books totaling $14. If I had bought them from Amazon full price, I would have paid over $50.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    ROFL
    That is great!
    I enjoy female strip clubs but DH thinks they're skanky. How's that for role reversal LOL
    Most of the time I can't get any girls to pay attention to me unless we drop way too much moolah though. Got any suggestions?
    I don't actually because I have witnessed the opposite. They usually pay tons of attention to me and hardly any to Jimi. I figured it was because they felt safer with women but yeah...unless ya tip em while they're doing what they're doing...they don't come back much. LOL
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Congratulations, btw! I missed this earlier.