Page 223 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1231732132212222232242252332733237231223 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,690 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Sorry, Ashley, about your DH's job. It's an awful time of the year for it to happen. I hope he finds something ASAP.

I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night because I coughed so much through the night. I hate coughing so much! Ugh.

We are going to see Santa today; it's about 32F degrees outside, so we're going to bundle up and go out in a bit...should be fun.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Apparently this was one of the top viral videos of the year, and I have no idea why I have never seen it. At the very least, I should have gotten about five copies in my inbox from random acquaintances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

I confess... it's good to see that I'm not the only Godless Mama on the board.

/ giggles.

Brittany Murphy died. wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Brittany Murphy died. wtf.
    Yes, I just read that in another thread.
    Very sad.
    If it wasn't drugs or an eating disorder (and I hate to make negative speculations like that about someone I don't know without any proof), then I wonder if she had an undiagnosed heart defect.
    My husband's coworker- about the same age as Murphy- recently died of a sudden heart attack. He was apparently in perfect health beforehand. It turned out to be a heart defect that had never been properly diagnosed.
    Very, very sad.

shutterbird Guest

That's sad. Regardless of how she went out, it's still sad.

Lydia, what kind of potato did you use? We tried it at first with a "gold" potato, but it was too juicy and mushy for it. The tougher one (russet, I think?) worked a little better. You need to dig the center out pretty deep, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJane View Post

/ giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    That's sad. Regardless of how she went out, it's still sad.

Lydia, what kind of potato did you use? We tried it at first with a "gold" potato, but it was too juicy and mushy for it. The tougher one (russet, I think?) worked a little better. You need to dig the center out pretty deep, too.
    Forgive me but I'm late to the 'potato stamp' thing and am too lazy to scroll back to see what it's all about...I'm intrigued though...what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I learned more of the broadswords dance today in practice (when I didn't even think I'd dance cause of my back) and now Im really psyched to dance the whole thing. Especially at a performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Can you get a little video and share? Is this a representational dance, or do you actually have broadswords? Those things are heavy!!!
    I don't have a video of our group. And it took much searching to find something close to what we do - apparently there are many versions of the Broadswords dance. This one has a beginning that's closest to ours, but is not identical. The actual dancing starts about 55 seconds in (and it figures the one that's closest to our is crappy filming - sorry!)

There's a harder one that's done by one person that is really cool - doing the dance one time through is the equivalent of running 4 miles. I'll just be happy to do the group one and watch the solo.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

/ giggles.
    Hi there!

Yes, and our group is growing. Heathens coming out of the woodwork, I tell ya.

I confess I have no idea who Britney Murphy is.

She was in Girl, Interrupted, the movie about the nanny with Dakota Fanning, Clueless, and I'm sure a bunch others I can't think of right now. Nothing huge but she did a lot of work. I liked her.

My DH LOVES the move Clueless. Not usually into blondes but he does like Alicia Silverstone and Sharon from Young and Restless. LOL
    I am not blonde...brown hair with a tint of red.

It is pretty sad about Brittney Murphy...she was the same age as we are.

I'm thinking it was a good idea that we didn't take off work and make big plans to go home for the holiday. They are talking about a big storm hitting us for the holiday with maybe 12-20 inches. That would be on top of the foot already on the ground. I'm not willing to do a five hour drive in the snow.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I thought of you all last night as I was watching the news. I learned about a thing called Freedom From Religion Foundation that is putting up billboard signs all over and people are not liking their latest campaign. One of the latest billboards says "Heathens Greetings."

http://ffrf.org/index.php
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I love the FFRF. They are good people.

Hi CitizenJane! Yay! New people! More! More! More!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I have no idea who Britney Murphy is.
    she was also in "just married" with Ashton Kutcher. LOVE that movie. And Clueless is STILL one of my fave movies of all time. She looked so healthy then! A little chunkier but she looked BETTER then than she did in that pic I saw of her recently

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

/ giggles.
    Welcome to our awesome little group!

She was also in 8 Mile and was the voice of LuAnn on King of the Hill.

I confess I always think of Brittany Murphy when I hear the Mentos theme song (Clueless reference).

2/09 6/09 4/14

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by adlibby View Post
    Forgive me but I'm late to the 'potato stamp' thing and am too lazy to scroll back to see what it's all about...I'm intrigued though...what is it?
    Here's the rundown on my old blog... http://artically.blogspot.com/2009/1...ing-craft.html

HiI CitizenJane! Love seeing new people here.
    Last edited by shutterbird; 12-21-2009 at 09:51 AM.

I confess that today is going to be a day full of cramming for this dreaded microbiology test tomorrow over 7 chapters.

This weekend was crazy busy and I got absolutely no studying done.

Yuck Janeen! Good luck with that.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    She was also in 8 Mile and was the voice of LuAnn on King of the Hill.

I confess I always think of Brittany Murphy when I hear the Mentos theme song (Clueless reference).
    HA!! Me too! That's so weird! Every time I hear that song her face pops up and all I can think of is the scene where she's sitting on that HUGE couch where her feet don't touch the floor, and she's singing that song, and then Josh says "i'll be seeing you" and she says "yeah, I hope not sporadically". LOL!! I'm so crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    HA!! Me too! That's so weird! Every time I hear that song her face pops up and all I can think of is the scene where she's sitting on that HUGE couch where her feet don't touch the floor, and she's singing that song, and then Josh says "i'll be seeing you" and she says "yeah, I hope not sporadically". LOL!! I'm so crazy.
    Big E, you need updated pictures in that little siggy of yours.

You're right Janeen! Geez, I can't believe I haven't changed them since Halloween!

shutterbird Guest

Good luck Janeen!

Ashley, I agree - we need new pics!

I confess I'm having the crabbiest day. I will seriously punch someone in the face.

I just figured with your break from APA, you MUST have had time to take some winter pictures!

They're uploading to photobucket as we speak. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I just figured with your break from APA, you MUST have had time to take some winter pictures!
    Actually...i've been slacking in that dept. I haven't taken many pics at all. But I do have some cute ones.

I confess that Jimi's cousin is driving my nuts. He came to stay with us for the holidays because he got into some trouble (due to pill addiction) and the mother of his daughter will not let him see his daughter at the moment. Well he lives with his mom and his mom (daughters crazy grandma) wanted to see her for Christmas and was unable to if cousin was living in the home.

This guy is 30 years old, sleeps until noon at the earliest and hasn't had a job in I don't know how long. He has to do pee tests for pills as part of his probation while he is here and he can hardly handle getting that accomplished. He went last week to take one and he was SUPPOSED to also go to a temp agency to get work (because we pressured him) so he could make money and support himself while he's here. Well he called Jimi and was SO freaked out and overwhelmed, he insisted on coming straight home and has yet to even think of finding a job. His parents were supposed to send him with a carton of smokes, money for testing and such (each pee test is 20 bucks) and food stamps. He showed up with 25 dollars, no food stamps and one pack of smokes. He has lied to his girlfriend back home the whole time saying he will be home "in a week or so" although there has been no plan of going home until after New Years. His parents have mailed another 150 dollars for his food and smokes but it hasn't gotten here yet. Well he has to go test again today but is still sleeping and has no money. Jimi says he will probably ask me for a ride but that's not happening since I have studying to do which means he will be anxious and freaking out again because Denver is just too big for him.

This guy needs to get a dam life and grow the heck up!
    Last edited by Janeen; 12-21-2009 at 11:23 AM.