Page 220 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1201702102182192202212222302703207201220 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,600 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

How's this for backwards...my son is eating lobster mac and cheese and I am having pizza LOL
    I feel horrible saying I don't like the lobster mac and cheese, but it is just too lobstery. I like the taste of lobster but not when the whole dish is infused with it.
    The pizza is not that great either. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I see them every so often, but they haven't been terrible. The enormous beetle-like thing that I found in my living room that was too big around to fit under the rim of a large drinking glass ... that was bad. It was bigger than my hand, I think.

!

I would die if I saw something like that in my house! Worst we have are centipedes and I don't see them very often at all.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess....I'm offically a land owner! Course for now there is nothing on my land but about a foot of snow. I can't wait until June when the house is finished!!!!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I just found out because I did some patch testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I have it too! Guess how I found out...this is amazing. My wedding ring is white gold, which is a gold/nickel alloy. So yeah, I'm allergic to my wedding ring. I still haven't gotten it replaced. I'm a bad wife.

Apparently, nickel allergies are really common. AND VERY ANNOYING.
    I think for a quick fix you can put some clear nail polish over the parts of the ring that touch you. You'll need to replace it periodically. My aunt used to put nail polish on the inner aspects of snaps on her babies' garments because they were all sensitive to the metal touching their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    I confess....I'm offically a land owner! Course for now there is nothing on my land but about a foot of snow. I can't wait until June when the house is finished!!!!
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    How's this for backwards...my son is eating lobster mac and cheese and I am having pizza LOL
    I feel horrible saying I don't like the lobster mac and cheese, but it is just too lobstery. I like the taste of lobster but not when the whole dish is infused with it.
    The pizza is not that great either. LOL
    I guess that Lobster Mac and Cheese is only available in eastern provinces/ states?
    ...kind of like shrimp tasting c0hips from Thailand? I've never heard of it before.

Congratulations! Give us a picture of the snow!!!
    I confess that I have read 4/8 books on the series called Left Behind. Totally Jehovah Witness material. The first 2 or 3 were actually interesting (I love reading how some religions think and what the beliefs and history is on them)...then they started becoming downright silly...so I stopped.
    I never did find out if Carpathian won...
    Last edited by rhiannasmoms43; 12-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Don't have pictures of it yet...I should get some though!

Never had lobster at all let alone in my mac and cheese. Lobster isn't all to common in Wisconsin unless you go to a really fancy restaurant or Red Lobster. LOL

I did have broccoli in my plate of homemade mac and cheese we had for dinner last night!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    I guess that Lobster Mac and Cheese is only available in eastern provinces/ states?
    ...kind of like shrimp tasting c0hips from Thailand? I've never heard of it before.

Probably--it's pretty decadent and would probably not be worth it with fake or sub par lobster LOL
    It sounded and looked good, so I bought quite a bit of it and it's just not my thing I guess.
    I think I know what those shrimp chips are though--kind of like styrofoam? LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ugh! Shrimp chips! My ex fiance loved them. Me? I love a lot of Thai food, but stayed away from the shrimp chips and fried insects. Adding salt does not automatically make everything a tasty treat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I think for a quick fix you can put some clear nail polish over the parts of the ring that touch you. You'll need to replace it periodically. My aunt used to put nail polish on the inner aspects of snaps on her babies' garments because they were all sensitive to the metal touching their skin.
    I tried that, but it peeled right off. I think its just too tight, damp, warm, too much friction for my ring. I did try to get it plated with....I can't remember, does titanium make sense? but I guess the nickel was too close, because I was still allergic.

I have succesfully used nail polish on a button for jeans that was irritating me. That worked really well.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I guess I'll try the clear polish thing and see. Mine doesn't really react where I touch, it's all coming out on my face.

I think I have the same allergy. I used to get a horrible rash under my engagement ring. But dbf was kind enough to solve that problem for me. I don't wear it anymore.
    I confess that a little girl at my daycare's family had to put their elderly dog down. During lunch yesterday the little girl said, "My dog died and daddy put him in the grass." I mentioned it to mom at pick up and she was really apologetic to which I told her no problem AT ALL. I mean, it's life... I don't mind having these discussions. She then said, "My husband let the kids watch him bury the dog."
    Well Savana was all ears. Last night I read her a story about Jesus being born in the manger with the animals. She asked me who Jesus was and I said a carpenter like daddy who was also a teacher and taught people how to be kind and share...
    Then she asked me where he lived now and I said he wasn't living anymore to which she replied, "Is he in the ground like V's dog?" I said, "Yup. Back to Earth!" and she said, "Just like our pumpkins!", which she watched decompose into the garden after Halloween.
    I shared the story with mom this morning because I thought it was cute and she said, "Well I hope you explained to her that Jesus and the pumpkin were not really in the same place."
    Insert cricket chirp here.

LOL

Yeah, how do you respond to that one?

Oh no, now pumpkins don't go to heaven either?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh no, now pumpkins don't go to heaven either?

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Ugh! Shrimp chips! My ex fiance loved them. Me? I love a lot of Thai food, but stayed away from the shrimp chips and fried insects. Adding salt does not automatically make everything a tasty treat to me.
    What about dipping it in chocolate? I might try choc dipped ants, but never choc dipped grasshoppers. Too large and the choc to icky bug ration would be too low.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    You should because I want to know!!!!

Erin
    Tred was at a friends house gaming last night.

I confess I had plans for an orgasm while he was away - the kind with no strings attached - but I fell asleep after getting Liam to bed and it never happened.

How pathetic is that?

If it's pathetic, I'm in with you!

What's stopping you from rubbing one out right now?

Hmmmm . . . I don't think my co-workers would appreciate the noises?

BTW Lydia,

I like Quinn, Cole is good too. I'm personally "meh" on Truman.

I love Soren! Where'd you get that one? I contemplated Sorren as a middle name for a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    BTW Lydia,

I like Quinn, Cole is good too. I'm personally "meh" on Truman.

I love Soren! Where'd you get that one? I contemplated Sorren as a middle name for a girl.
    Soren Kierkegaard

We have such a hard time selecting names. I throw a dozen suggestions out each night, and dh says no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, etc. You get my drift. About once a month he says "Maybe" and that's what those names are. Dh's Maybes.

I like Soren...it's cute with Ronin and Claire.

Your DH sounds like a pain with names. We were lucky in that it didn't take too much work to find a couple we really liked. Now we just need that baby to go along with it.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Can you get him to make a list of names and you pick from those?

I went through about 3 baby books and wrote down all my favorite names - then Tred looked at my list and picked out Liam. The middle names were more challenging and part of the reason he has two.

I like Soren too. Can I show you something really geeky? When I was in 12th grade, I took AP english and memorized a bunch of quotes about existentialism so I could write any essay question about "The Stranger" by Camus. Anyway, I STILL have this Kirkegaard quote memorized, cause its so awesome:

"I need to find a truth which is true for me, and idea for which I can live or die". That was more than 10 years ago. Why can't I remember stuff that happened last week?
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Can you get him to make a list of names and you pick from those?

I went through about 3 baby books and wrote down all my favorite names - then Tred looked at my list and picked out Liam. The middle names were more challenging and part of the reason he has two.
    We did something like that....both looked through books/lists and highlighted ones we liked. Than we checked to see which ones we had in common and went from there.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I like Soren too. Can I show you something really geeky? When I was in 12th grade, I took AP english and memorized a bunch of quotes about existentialism so I could write any essay question about "The Stranger" by Camus. Anyway, I STILL have this Kirkegaard quote memorized, cause its so awesome:

"I need to find a truth which is true for me, and idea for which I can live or die". That was more than 10 years ago. Why can't I remember stuff that happened last week?
    Ummm so I was a philosophy major and I know that we did some Kirkegaard (not a lot but at least some) and I liked existentialism. But I totally can't remember anything of his.

At least I remember Plato (we really spent a LOT of class time in multiple classes on Plato).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I did a paper about Kierkegaard in philosophy class in college, and I was really excited about it at the party I went to that night. "Today I proved that according to Kierkegaard's definition of God, his God does not exist!" I was so happy about my brilliant paper, but the grandmother of the host overheard me and thought I was bragging about proving how God does not exist and asked me to leave the party. I had such a big crush on her grandson. I was totally bummed.

As far as looking through baby name books, dh is very reluctant to do that. Doesn't have enough time or interest. When I put him on a time deadline for the twins ("either find a name by tomorrow or his name is Chance"), he leafed through some internet sites about baby names and came up with a total of 5 he could live with, and I chose Ronin out of those.

I had wanted to name the twins Theory and Chance, but he was worried the other scientists would laugh at him, and I have to admit it was just a little too cutesy for me.

Congrats!!! That's awesome!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Lydia,
    What a mean grandma!

I had a lot of fun with Descartes proof of the god existing in class....I totally turned it around and used it for dog and got some classmates upset (Catholic college LOL) But they couldn't work around it logically.

Dh and I had planned on twins (runs in the family but missed last generation and I did clomid for a bit and we knew I had more than one egg last time).
    First boy is Theodore....Teddy
    Second boy we were thinking about Fredrick....so Freddy. Yeah we decided that wasn't very nice if we ever had twin boys to call them Freddy and Teddy.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36