Page 213 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1131632032112122132142152232633137131213 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Don't forget failblog!
    Norah! (3 yr)

2. Default

lol.. Ever heard of bored.com??

I used to go on there in high school and play games instead of doing homework.. lol

Don't even tempt me! I love postsecret though.

I confess that I just posted my first "controversial" thing on FB
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I just posted my first "controversial" thing on FB
    Do tell.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Don't even tempt me! I love postsecret though.
    Me too! I am hoping for the most recent book for christmas.. then I'll have all of them!

I reposted a blog from About Pagan/Wiccan:

More Holiday Grinchiness Yesterday at 1:13pm
    As Christmas gets closer, the fundamentalist zealots come slithering out of the woodwork. Take, for example, the deliciously-named Merry Hyatt, who lives in California. Merry wants the state legislature to create an initiative requiring schools "to provide children the opportunity to listen to or perform Christmas carols, and would subject the schools to litigation if the rule isn't followed."

Merry would like to see Christ back in the schools for the season, because apparently she didn't get the memo that there are other holidays that take place in December. She's hoping that she can end school violence by bringing Jesus back into schools.

Meanwhile, down in South Carolina, Congressman Henry E. Brown introduced a resolution to the house which is designed to "protect" the symbols and traditions of Christmas. House Resolution 951 reads that the House of Representatives:

(1) recognizes the importance of the symbols and traditions of Christmas;
    (2) strongly disapproves of attempts to ban references to Christmas; and
    (3) expresses support for the use of these symbols and traditions by those who celebrate Christmas.

Brown doesn't specifically say what Christmas needs protecting from, but it's probably all those pesky people who think it's okay to acknowledge other holidays and stuff, since not everyone celebrates Christmas after all. Why, oh why, can't folks like Henry Brown and Merry Hyatt just learn to share with the rest of us?

Follow Pagan/Wiccan on Twitter or Join Me On Facebook!

More Holiday Grinchiness originally appeared on About.com Paganism / Wiccan on Thursday, December 10th, 2009 at 20:13:35.

8. Default

Janeen... Why aren't you on my facebook? Im hardly ever on myspace anymore...

Janeen Raygor is me.

10. Default

I confess I will only be about 4 hours away from you when I move back in with my parents...

In Wyoming yeah?

I really don't get the whole public holiday display anyway...Why do we need public displays? Lights and wreaths and general winter stuff is pretty enough. Why do we have the battle between Santas and menorahs and everything else in the first place? Decorate your home. Why should I care if my faith's symbols are on display? Shouldn't my own faith in it be enough? I don't go out demanding that UU chalices be on display everywhere. I really don't get it.

I confess that after my car payment, I don't have enough for my phone payment. Jimi offered to loan me 50 bucks for it and when I turned him down he said:

"I don't want you without a phone in your condition."

I really don't get the whole public holiday display anyway...Why do we need public displays? Lights and wreaths and general winter stuff is pretty enough. Why do we have the battle between Santas and menorahs and everything else in the first place? Decorate your home. Why should I care if my faith's symbols are on display? Shouldn't my own faith in it be enough? I don't go out demanding that UU chalices be on display everywhere. I really don't get it.
    Our outside decorations, if we have them...consist of a wreath (we make one for every season though each year so they are out all year long) and lights.

Can I just take this moment to say that nativity scenes everywhere just creep me out?

Yeah?

Thanks...nativity scenes everywhere really creep me out! I really don't like em for some reason lol

I think you can customize it down to individual friends now. I didn't play with it too much.
    You could do that 2 months ago, too. I contemplated hiding some sections from my MIL and SIL.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    What they did, though, was to re-set all your options to NO privacy AT ALL, and you have to choose to be more private. Make sure to go back in to your settings to get them back to where they were, otherwise you are pretty much naked and visible to everyone on earth.
    True, though it prompted me to go in and either keep using my existing settings or make the "new" change. I think if you didn't pay attention to that screen, you would be naked to the Fb world.

EDIT: OK, that was a strange APA hiccup. It didn't show me the last page of posts when I posted this. Tell me it's not Monday, today.
    Last edited by sunrider; 12-11-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I will only be about 4 hours away from you when I move back in with my parents...
    Do you know when you're headed back to WY?

I confess that Jimi's family is annoying me and Jimi keeps saying "I guess it just takes a little more than that to annoy me."

His cousin is on probation and got a 28 day pass to come and visit us. They are wanting him to come here so that the cousins mom (Jimi's aunt) can see the cousins daughter. Apparently they won't let the daughter visit dad for a certain length of time and since dad lives with his mom...she can't see her either.

So long story short, cousin got ran over by a car which led to use of pain killers, which led to addiction, which led to him stealing movies from a movie store and selling them for the pain killers. The movie store had it on camera every time but kept letting him do it until the amount stolen got high enough for a felony.

I am a little worried about him being here with his addiction, although it seems he is doing okay since they are randomly drug testing him and he hasn't failed one. The only reason I say he can come even if he is still on the pills is because he came to visit us a couple of years ago and we took him camping. The first night he was so drugged up he burnt a hole with his cigarette in our futon and didn't even know about it until I pointed it out the next day. He didn't even remember doing it. But I saw the transformation in this guy from just being with us a week...away from the pills.

Okay so, the really annoying part. They have been saying he was going to come down here for months now. We hear the parents are buying his bus ticket and then we hear nothing else for a while. Jimi gets a call last night saying the cousin is leaving on the bus tonight and will be here tomorrow sometime. Yeah, that doesn't work since Jimi has already signed up for overtime and I am working too. So Jimi says how about you put him on the bus Friday morning, then he will be here Friday night and I can pick him up. The mom says okay and that she will call back last night to confirm a time. Still no call!

I just think they would be more considerate considering we are doing this to help their family out. They keep making us think (last minute every time) that he is coming and then....nope not yet! Ugh, it's so annoying to me.

Sorry for the book.
    Last edited by Janeen; 12-11-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Our outside decorations, if we have them...consist of a wreath (we make one for every season though each year so they are out all year long) and lights.

Can I just take this moment to say that nativity scenes everywhere just creep me out?

Yeah?

Thanks...nativity scenes everywhere really creep me out! I really don't like em for some reason lol
    Sorry, this made me laugh!

Sorry, this made me laugh!
    It makes me laugh too since it's pretty irrational. But seriously, I see them and just cringe.

It makes me laugh too since it's pretty irrational. But seriously, I see them and just cringe.
    They don't really creep me out, but I too kinda cringe when I see them. Especially when it's like every other yard.

Hey Sunrider, what does the symbol on your FB mean?

Hey Sunrider, what does the symbol on your FB mean?
    It's the celtic knot known as a triquetra. Very old and from what I've read had it originally represented a trinity of earth, air, and water. It was later adopted by Christianity and assigned "father, son, holy spirit". I've also seen it referenced as "past, present, and future", "mother, father, child", and "mother, crone, and maiden". So take your pick.

It has several forms (single, double, quad), and is our favorite celtic knot. Our wedding bands are a continuous band of interconnected triquetras.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    It's the celtic knot known as a triquetra. Very old and from what I've read had it originally represented a trinity of earth, air, and water. It was later adopted by Christianity and assigned "father, son, holy spirit". I've also seen it referenced as "past, present, and future", "mother, father, child", and "mother, crone, and maiden". So take your pick.

It has several forms (single, double, quad), and is our favorite celtic knot. Our wedding bands are a continuous band of interconnected triquetras.
    Pretty!

I love how snow looks, but I hate to drive in it, walk in it or be outside around it in general LOL And I know that with a child now I'm going to have to suck it up and play in it, and eventually drive him to things in it...grrrr
    )
    OMG that is so totally me. I like how snow looks...it is pretty and we have a lot of evergreen trees up by me and it looks so pretty. But I hate driving on it or walking on it. I'm very uncoordinated.

If only snow would magically melt on streets and sidewalks.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I knew it was celtic but I've never known if different ones had different meanings. I have heard of maiden, mother, crone...lots of times. Jimi actually bought me a necklace that had a celtic knot when we first got together. I got lots of compliments on it but he never really told me a meaning behind it.

Yeah?

I don't care much for the big huge yard ones. But I have to admit that I do love my little one at home. I grew up with the one my mom made in ceramics. When I got old she got me this one http://www.amazon.com/Roman-Fontanin...0545687&sr=8-9
    or pretty close since mine is older and I have a lot more pieces. I like the little baby and I like the animals.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    I don't care much for the big huge yard ones. But I have to admit that I do love my little one at home. I grew up with the one my mom made in ceramics. When I got old she got me this one http://www.amazon.com/Roman-Fontanin...0545687&sr=8-9
    or pretty close since mine is older and I have a lot more pieces. I like the little baby and I like the animals.
    I shall NOT click on that link.

I shall NOT click on that link.
    OMG, it's not bad. It's my favorite place..Amazon!

I'm not religious at all and I do not believe in virgin birth. But I believe that historically there was a Mary, Joseph and Jesus baby. But that he was just a real man.

I think that it's a nice story, much in the same way I read lots of nice stories in my Greek mythology class.

Plus the little farm animals are really cute. I have little lambs, a dog, a cow, a goat, camel....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

When my sister gives Jimi crap about his religion and how he is a non-believer, he says "Oh I believe, I believe he was probably a pretty kick ass guy who liked to drink and do really cool stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    OMG that is so totally me. I like how snow looks...it is pretty and we have a lot of evergreen trees up by me and it looks so pretty. But I hate driving on it or walking on it. I'm very uncoordinated.

If only snow would magically melt on streets and sidewalks.....
    Yeah..I have some issues with my balance. It really freaks me out to have to walk across ice.