Page 212 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1121622022102112122132142222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,360 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I cried myself to sleep last night-I was looking in my calendar diary earlier in the day and had seen that I would have been 13 weeks along this week had I not m/c. I thought I had gotten all the sad feelings out when it happened, but I suppose it's only natural that there are going to be some lingering feelings there...probably forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I cried last night about Esme, too, and it's been 3+ years. Certain reminders hit harder than others.
    I still get really sad at times and cry some for the baby we lost (m/c). I asked Tred if he did, but he said no. Maybe it's the difference between being a man vs being the mom who carried the bean and then lost it. I think I will always remember her (I choose to think of her as her, though it was too early to tell). Usually 16 Aug (date of the D&C) and 25 March . . . her due date.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that for this to be the time of kindness and cheer that a lot of people are being WAY too judgemental for my taste on FB. I don't put too much on FB just because I'm not that into it like some are, but to read all the homophobic posts and bashes against people who are not Christians from quite a few of my "friends" is really upsetting to me and actually made me comment on a few of them when I usually stay out of things like that. I don't really like to start stuff in cyberspace so on controversial topics I just feel bad for the poster of something ignorant. Hopefully tomorrow night when I go back there I won't get too many ugly posts, but if I do, bring it on!!! I love beating people down with my heathen kindness as judgemental and ignorant spouts and rants can never overcome common sense.

Erin

3. Default

Erin -- I try to keep the peace on FB as well, and don't really express my views on certain things like gay-marriage, religion etc, because my MIL and SIL are on there, as well as my own mother, and some aunts..

I have to remind myself to bite my tongue (or would it be fingers since its online?) and not say anything when I read some of their posts....

I confess that I saw a church sign the other day that said "He who does not have Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."

It made me laugh and think of all the wonderful presents (getting and giving) that Christmas has always meant!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess that I'm done with micro for the night although I didn't get as much done as I needed to. The homework is complete and I reviewed the labs for tomorrow. Not that I will know what I'm doing since reviewing it once isn't really enough, but the teacher seems to think it should be.

So since Tuesday he expected us to read two long chapters in the book, know about the two labs we will be doing tomorrow and summarize prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Uh, okay...that's a bit for a day and a half yeah? Especially when you work? I think so.

And another thing I'm not liking is that he doesn't TEACH the labs before we do them. He has us read them and expects us to know exactly how to do them. He doesn't tell us how and we don't get multiple attempts. For each thing we have done so far we have been given one opportunity. In the book it says for each student to prepare three agar plates (I assume in hopes that at least one will be correct) but we only got to do one. Tomorrow we view them in the microscope and mine will probably be the poopiest plate ever prepared in the history of his microbiology classes!

And this shall be just a few more reasons that I refer to him as Pukeface.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

There's a McDonalds' billboard near where I work that I see each night on the way from home. It's a picture of a quarter pounder and it says "SALIVATION is nigh." LOL. I love it.
    Last edited by AmeriBrit; 12-10-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I'm done with micro for the night although I didn't get as much done as I needed to. The homework is complete and I reviewed the labs for tomorrow. Not that I will know what I'm doing since reviewing it once isn't really enough, but the teacher seems to think it should be.

So since Tuesday he expected us to read two long chapters in the book, know about the two labs we will be doing tomorrow and summarize prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Uh, okay...that's a bit for a day and a half yeah? Especially when you work? I think so.

And another thing I'm not liking is that he doesn't TEACH the labs before we do them. He has us read them and expects us to know exactly how to do them. He doesn't tell us how and we don't get multiple attempts. For each thing we have done so far we have been given one opportunity. In the book it says for each student to prepare three agar plates (I assume in hopes that at least one will be correct) but we only got to do one. Tomorrow we view them in the microscope and mine will probably be the poopiest plate ever prepared in the history of his microbiology classes!

And this shall be just a few more reasons that I refer to him as Pukeface.
    Dam, that sucks. I hated bad lab instructors. Labs are the one place that students get hands on, applied use of what they are meant to be learning. So when they are given to Grad students, or lazy/bored haoles (like yours) to teach I feel like it is such a disservice. And the lab you read said you were to have three dishes but you were only allowed one?? WTH?

BTW, the poopiest plates are the most fun to look at, .

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    . Hopefully tomorrow night when I go back there I won't get too many ugly posts, but if I do, bring it on!!! I love beating people down with my heathen kindness as judgemental and ignorant spouts and rants can never overcome common sense.

Erin
    Oh Erin, how I love you. I confess I'm not sure what I would do if I had friends and family spewing hate and ignorance on fb or anything else. I'm not confrontational at all but that could be a deal breaker for me.
    I confess that dbf and I had a moment the night before last and I am thinking/hoping that it will have a lasting effect. We were laying in bed wondering at what point the kids were going to invade us because they have both been getting up at some point in the night or early morning and climbing in with us. We were complaining about the lack of sleep and sore necks and backs from being contorted into all kinds of pretzel like positions so the little monkeys could have their space. Then I said, "Yeah, but then I think about what happened to Tracy and have to remind myself just how lucky we really are to even wake up in the morning with these little feet and elbows in our faces." By the time I finished what I was saying I had tears running down my face. Dbf just kind of whispered, "I know" and left the room for a few minutes where I am pretty sure he did not want me to see him cry. Then morning came and all of my daycare kids called in because of the weather. I told him I was taking the kids down anyway, so I could do some house-cleaning things and he actually came down with us and did puzzles with them for over an hour. It seems small but he never does stuff like that without some significant prodding on my part and even then he usually half-arses it. Usually he'd have stayed upstairs on his computer, no question. All day he was kind and patient to all of us. Please let it last.
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.

9. Default

Oh Bridget! I am crossing my fingers that it lasts and he does things like that more and more everyday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Hopefully tomorrow night when I go back there I won't get too many ugly posts, but if I do, bring it on!!! I love beating people down with my heathen kindness as judgemental and ignorant spouts and rants can never overcome common sense.
    Erin.
    I don't know if you had any Fb friends doing the November "I'm thankful for", but I was getting really tired of my MIL and SIL and 4 out of 5 posts having to do with godstuff. I kept waiting for one of them to say something about NONE of mine having anything to do with religion, but they never did. PHEW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post

This just reminded me of college in a nice, fuzzy way. I never had a micro class, but I did part of my graduate assistanceship hours working in that lab. How ironic that I never took micro, but could pour hundreds of agar plates at a time and knew the ins and out of the autoclave by heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that dbf and I had a moment the night before last and I am thinking/hoping that it will have a lasting effect. We were laying in bed wondering at what point the kids were going to invade us because they have both been getting up at some point in the night or early morning and climbing in with us. We were complaining about the lack of sleep and sore necks and backs from being contorted into all kinds of pretzel like positions so the little monkeys could have their space. Then I said, "Yeah, but then I think about what happened to Tracy and have to remind myself just how lucky we really are to even wake up in the morning with these little feet and elbows in our faces." By the time I finished what I was saying I had tears running down my face. Dbf just kind of whispered, "I know" and left the room for a few minutes where I am pretty sure he did not want me to see him cry. Then morning came and all of my daycare kids called in because of the weather. I told him I was taking the kids down anyway, so I could do some house-cleaning things and he actually came down with us and did puzzles with them for over an hour. It seems small but he never does stuff like that without some significant prodding on my part and even then he usually half-arses it. Usually he'd have stayed upstairs on his computer, no question. All day he was kind and patient to all of us. Please let it last.
    Bridget, and , too. I hope it lasts a good long while.

Janeen, sorry about the school stuff. Sounds sucky. Science never was my strong suit. Well in a way I like it and am good at it but not like that lab stuff. I'm thankful I don't have to do that!

Bridget, aww that is so sweet. I hope that he does keep it up and realizes just how lucky he is and what a gift he has with you and those little cutie pies.

Erin, boo to those people. I keep neutral on facebook myself because I have some people I work with on it including my boss. But most people I know are more like me than not.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess I had to be up at 5:30. I normally start work about 8-8:30. But I had a 7am meeting today. Yesterday we had a blizzard and today it's below zero. So I went out to my car at 6:10 and it took me almost 15 minutes to heat my car up and find away around the snow banks and out of my driveway. And it took me a while to get here because the roads while plowed are still covered in snow. I got in just a few minutes before my meeting.

I'm tired and want to go home....though the coffee is helping!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget, silverstar, Erin, and Lydia. Many, many

Speaking of all the facebook talk, did you see the new privacy settings they just put on it? You can basically decide who can or can't see anything you do.

I confess....

I work for a big corporation. My boss is the head of an entire division. My company makes a big deal over diversity, but for some reason my boss' 4th quarter division meeting is always seriously Christmas themed (music, decorations, food, prizes, games) to the point of pretty much excluding anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas. I know it is not my boss' intent to be exclusionary, but she is blind on this issue for some reason. I wanted to bring this up with her, but I'm just not ready to announce myself as an Athiest at work. One of my coworker friends is Jewish, so I let my boss think that I was expressing concern on behalf of the few Jewish people in our division. But now I feel bad about that...like somehow not expressing my own annoyance with the over-xmasing was "cheating"? Like I used jewish people, kwim? I didn't lie, but I still feel like I was somehow wrong.

Does this make any sense? Was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Speaking of all the facebook talk, did you see the new privacy settings they just put on it? You can basically decide who can or can't see anything you do.
    Frankly I don't see how it's any different from what was there before. I remember looking into privacy settings a month or two ago, and I had those exact same options for just about everything (Everyone, Friends of Friends, Friends Only, and No One). So I don't get what is suddenly so different.

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I confess....

I work for a big corporation. My boss is the head of an entire division. My company makes a big deal over diversity, but for some reason my boss' 4th quarter division meeting is always seriously Christmas themed (music, decorations, food, prizes, games) to the point of pretty much excluding anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas. I know it is not my boss' intent to be exclusionary, but she is blind on this issue for some reason. I wanted to bring this up with her, but I'm just not ready to announce myself as an Athiest at work. One of my coworker friends is Jewish, so I let my boss think that I was expressing concern on behalf of the few Jewish people in our division. But now I feel bad about that...like somehow not expressing my own annoyance with the over-xmasing was "cheating"? Like I used jewish people, kwim? I didn't lie, but I still feel like I was somehow wrong.

Does this make any sense? Was I wrong?
    I could see myself doing the same thing, and no, I don't think you're wrong to do so (nor do I think you should feel any guilt!).

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Frankly I don't see how it's any different from what was there before. I remember looking into privacy settings a month or two ago, and I had those exact same options for just about everything (Everyone, Friends of Friends, Friends Only, and No One). So I don't get what is suddenly so different.

I think you can customize it down to individual friends now. I didn't play with it too much.

I think you can customize it down to individual friends now. I didn't play with it too much.
    What they did, though, was to re-set all your options to NO privacy AT ALL, and you have to choose to be more private. Make sure to go back in to your settings to get them back to where they were, otherwise you are pretty much naked and visible to everyone on earth.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Ohh. Yeah it doesn't really matter...I don't say anything very outlandish LOL
    I spill all the beans on here instead.

Remember the guy I went to camp with/sort of dated who got back in touch with me recently? We have nothing in common. We spent a couple days talking about camp memories, having a couple laughs and some odd coincidences (for instance we both went back to the camp to work there in our teens, but he went the year after I did). Besides that, we have nothing to talk about, but he says hi to me every time I log on yahoo messenger. Then we're like "So...what's new?"

I have the same sort of feeling of creepiness I forgot I had when I last knew him. He's just kind of sleazy, it seems like. He keeps typing *wink* and *smiles playfully* when we're chatting.
    There's nothing I hate more than someone trying to flirt online...LOL

21. Default

There's nothing I hate more than someone trying to flirt online...LOL
    It always comes across as creepy to me!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    It always comes across as creepy to me!
    Exactly! Creepy!

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    What they did, though, was to re-set all your options to NO privacy AT ALL, and you have to choose to be more private. Make sure to go back in to your settings to get them back to where they were, otherwise you are pretty much naked and visible to everyone on earth.

I just checked my settings, and they were still as private as I had set them when I first joined. I was happy to review them, though.

I confess I'm really glad I hardly ever see snow.

And I also confess I am very happy that birth control pills work.

I just checked my settings, and they were still as private as I had set them when I first joined. I was happy to review them, though.

And I also confess I am very happy that birth control pills work.
    I love how snow looks, but I hate to drive in it, walk in it or be outside around it in general LOL And I know that with a child now I'm going to have to suck it up and play in it, and eventually drive him to things in it...grrrr
    And I'm happy that condoms work (most of the time LOL)
    Last edited by daylilies; 12-10-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Did you get snow in the city??

We are 100 miles from the Bay Area and we had like 4 inches for half a day. It was pretty cool for the kiddos but DH had to remind me that we just aren't set up for it..no snow removal equip, etc. He can be a real wet blanket, lol.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

No snow here, although about 7 miles away, just on the other side of the Caldecott tunnel, there was snow. We're thinking about taking the kids up to Mt. Diablo this weekend to play in it.

You should probably just propose to him the old fashioned way: sleep with him and get pregnant.
    From Txts Frm Lst Nght. Remember that text you shouldn't have sent last night? We do.

28. Default

LOL.. I read that earlier tonight..

I confess the back of my throat feels RAW.. like my sinuses are draining. and I don't like it,

Ugh, I've got a sore throat,too, and it's making my voice go funny. My southern accent seems to be really strong when I am struggling to talk. LOL. I guess I revert back to just speaking naturally when I'm struggling to speak.

I went out with some friends last night; some of their boyfriends came along whom I had never met. One of them couldn't figure out my accent and asked if I was Norwegian! LOL. He was like, "I'm sure you're Scandanavian of some sort." I told him he needed to think further West and he was like, "you're not English, what's further West than that?!" LOL

shutterbird Guest

Okay, you all need to stop mentioning these fun, pointless websites.

Here are the ones I already look at almost daily:

Postsecret (well, weekly)
    FML
    MLIA
    Passive Agressive Notes
    There, I fixed it.
    POW
    And now a texting one...