Page 211 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1111612012092102112122132212613117111211 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,330 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    This is where I wish there was a hell, because he's be there.
    I was just thinking the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    I confess that I'm stressed out about the winter storm heading my way from tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday. I have lived in WI my whole life and have been driving for 15 years now. So I do know how to drive in the snow but I just HATE it. And they are talking about winds too. Oh and I HATE driving in the dark and it's now dark when I leave work.
    Thank you for reminding to phone the car dealer and order snow tires. I haven't stressed aobut snow for 11 years due to the fact that my Frt wheel drive buick was a TANK in all weather, but in Sept I got a Rear wheel drive car and, well, I think snow tires are a necessity.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I hate it when I self debate parenting practices because of what my IRL momma friends might think of me.

I just finished reading the "leash on kids" poll/discussion....Maybe he'd willing hold hands later, but at 15 months he's not into it, especially when he wants to explore. And I don't want to force a death-grip around his wrist, which just makes his body go limp. Sometimes a stroller works (or a cart in a grocery store), but a kid's gotta run sometimes, you know? Especially after long car rides, why would he want to be in a cart or stroller?
    I bought one for Gage because I was terrified of taking him to the airport without one, but he SCREAMED when we hooked him up. Needless to say, it has never been used since

Ashley LOVE the new doo! It totally suits you.

Bridget, I can't imagine dealing with all the stress yBig squeezy hugs...and let's hope that a vigilante killed that whacko after 2 days of pleading for his life

Lydia. Forget trying to avoid upsetting daddy-o. Lay a beating on him
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

At work yesterday, with the IT guy I'd called to come fix our printer:

"Are you Linda?"
    "It's Lydia."
    "No, it's Linda."
    "Actually, it's Lydia, but I'm the person you want to see."
    "Well, if that's what you want to call yourself, okay."
    "It IS my name."

I'm still laughing about it.

shutterbird Guest

I confess EDIT.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess EDIT.
    Don't do that to me! I need some good distractions at work today.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

"Are you Linda?"
    "It's Lydia."
    "No, it's Linda."
    "It IS my name."

Was he trying to be funny or serious? I think its funnier if he meant it...but either way,
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess EDIT.
    Happiness is everything!! And sometimes talking to people changes everything.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Don't do that to me! I need some good distractions at work today.
    I thought I could, but I just can't bring myself to say it.

I thought I could, but I just can't bring myself to say it.
    Sounds like you need one of these:

Sorry I was being a silly drama seeker today.
    Norah! (3 yr)

"Are you Linda?"
    "It's Lydia."
    "No, it's Linda."
    "It IS my name."

I confess EDIT.

11. Default

I confess today is the first day since B left that I have done my hair and make up.. and ya know what? I feel GREAT!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    Happiness is everything!! And sometimes talking to people changes everything.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Sounds like you need one of these:

Sorry I was being a silly drama seeker today.
    It's okay. It is pretty juicy, but not yet.

Ash, you look great!

Ash, you look so beautiful!
    I confess that the weather may keep me from attending the wake of my friend and I'm just sick about it. They are now saying that her and her daughter did not die from the gunshot wounds, and they are not saying how. I also wanted to share her obituary with you all. I hope you don't mind.
    http://www.cressfuneralservice.com/a...membered/2555/
    My graduating class is going to make a group donation to the domestic violence organization. We were a really tight-knit bunch and this has shaken us all very much. Look at her face, you guys. Can't you just tell she was a sweetheart? I know I am biased but I keep staring at that picture and can't believe I'll never see her again.

Bridget

Oh, man. I have tears in my eyes. This is so so sad. I'm really sorry Bridget. So awful.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I'm so sorry Bridget.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh, Bridget. She does look like a lovely, joyful person. This is so incredibly sad.

I keep thinking about her killer. I'm glad he's dead, but if he was going to kill himself to solve his problems, I wish he would have done it first.

I'm really sorry, Bridget.

I confess that I cried myself to sleep last night-I was looking in my calendar diary earlier in the day and had seen that I would have been 13 weeks along this week had I not m/c. I thought I had gotten all the sad feelings out when it happened, but I suppose it's only natural that there are going to be some lingering feelings there...probably forever.

19. Default

I keep thinking about her killer. I'm glad he's dead, but if he was going to kill himself to solve his problems, I wish he would have done it first.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm really sorry, Bridget.

I confess that I cried myself to sleep last night-I was looking in my calendar diary earlier in the day and had seen that I would have been 13 weeks along this week had I not m/c. I thought I had gotten all the sad feelings out when it happened, but I suppose it's only natural that there are going to be some lingering feelings there...probably forever.
    Of course you will be sad about it. Even if you think all the sadness is gone. You have experienced a loss, and its only natural to grieve!

I'm so sorry about your friend Bridgett. She and her daughter were beautiful and she does look like a sweet person. This whole scenario is just so tragic.

One of my old friends died a couple years ago as a result of domestic violence. She was shot and killed by her boyfriend as well. He is now doing life in prison. Luckily her 2 children were not at home and are doing well physically now. She, like me, was her mothers only daughter of 4 children. I remember how her mother and brothers were just so broken up.

I have not commented thus far on your friend's story because it reminds me of Erica, my friend. It was just so shocking to us and I understand how you feel. Hugs to you and her family and friends.

Erin

Oh, Bridget. She does look like a lovely, joyful person. This is so incredibly sad.

Yes, this . . . .
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I cried last night about Esme, too, and it's been 3+ years. Certain reminders hit harder than others.

23. Default

I confess I just ordered my christmas cards... 3.19 for 50 cards!

Bridget

2/09 6/09 4/14

I cried last night about Esme, too, and it's been 3+ years. Certain reminders hit harder than others.
    I wish bad things never happened. Hugs, Lydia. You always seem to have a kind word for everyone and I am thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I just ordered my christmas cards... 3.19 for 50 cards!
    That's a great deal. I feel robbed now as I bought 20 for the equivalent of $40! (Things are a lot more expensive here though any how).

26. Default

That's a great deal. I feel robbed now as I bought 20 for the equivalent of $40! (Things are a lot more expensive here though any how).
    I did em online, and with a promo code all I had to pay was shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I did em online, and with a promo code all I had to pay was shipping!
    I'm jealous as well. I paid $ 11.99 for 50 cards and did them online as well. They were way cheaper though than other sites that wanted about $36 before shipping for 50 cards which was ridiculous IMO.

Erin

Erin - I am sorry for your loss as well. Senseless and tragic. I wish there was not so much evil in the world. It makes me want to keep my kids under my wing forever.
    I got two packs of really old school christmas cards at goodwill for 49 cents a pack and wallet size photos of the kids I took myself. So all in all I guess it was about $15. Not bad. I didn't like doing the photo card last year because I couldn't write notes to my loved ones. I really enjoy writing letters and miss doing it since the age of email. I wish I still did it more often.

Hugs, Bridget. I lost my cousin at age 24. We were very close as children and it still breaks my heart every time I see her beautiful picture. She died of natural causes but I understand all too well that feeling of confusion and anger about her being taken out of your life forever. I'm so, so sorry.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Bridget I'm sorry that this stupid blizzard we are getting is going to affect you going to your friends funeral.

My sister went through this too...one of her close friends from high school was strangled by her husband and he then killed himself. They had been together for a while but only married a few months. I went with her to the wedding and they seemed so happy and normal. The worst thing was she had a little boy, he was about 2-3 and he was home when this all went down but at least he didn't kill the little boy. My sister was away at school when this happened so my mom went to the funeral for her. The girls were only about 24 when this happened.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36