Page 210 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1101602002082092102112122202603107101210 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Sounds like quite a struggle, Lydia!
    I confess I was out with a friend last night and she asked if I was part of any online parenting sites. I said no because I didn't want her to find me here and get all the dirt on me! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bells View Post
    I confess sometimes I feel like a bad mama bcus I'm too tired to play with our 6yr old.
    I have those moments, too. And it was really bad last week when I had migraines 4 days in a row, and was barely a breathing lump on the couch. Does it count that I let him crawl on me while I had a pillow on my head?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    ROFL manwhores
    Deuce Bigelows all over the place.

Ashley - WHERE'S THE PICTURE?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I'm so sorry if this is too much for this thread but I don't know where else to get this out. It's too heavy for ranting and venting.
    I hate it when the world makes no sense. I hate being stuck in this little whirlwind where if feels like the really bad is far outweighing the good. Between my mom's cancer, my cousin's suicide, my aunt's sudden turn in health and possible paralyzation, my friend's murder....isn't there a point where it's really all too much?
    Bridget - that's why we're here, woman. I just don't have any answers. Only .

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    The worst thing was, when my dad was in the kitchen with them and he was just letting them climb around on the countertops, I kept having this mental image of one of my children falling off and cracking the head open on the tiles. It was so vivid, I could even picture telling my dad to leave because I couldn't deal with being around him after he let my child die.
    I confess I feel relieved that you do this Lydia. I have done the same. Liam loves to ride on shoulders and a few weeks ago he was on mine as we were taking groceries out the car. I had this sudden flash of him tipping backwards and me not catching him quickly enough, ended up with my little boys brains all over the asphalt. I know exactly what you mean about the horribly vivid moment.

So in essence you have triplets when your dad is around, instead of twins.

I confess I was out with a friend last night and she asked if I was part of any online parenting sites. I said no because I didn't want her to find me here and get all the dirt on me! LOL
    I always just put a vague "forum" reference when talking about things I read or other mommas to my MIL and SIL - mostly cause I wouldn't put it past them to create and ID and stalk me. This is my refuge, man. Not sharing with the inlaws!!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I woke up in the middle of the night to Jimi going "WTF man! What are you doing??? WTF was that all about???"

Apparently I had reached over him in my sleep and was feeling up his face and drawing lines all over it with my fingertips.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I woke up in the middle of the night to Jimi going "WTF man! What are you doing??? WTF was that all about???"

Apparently I had reached over him in my sleep and was feeling up his face and drawing lines all over it with my fingertips.
    He should be happy you didn't have a sharpie marker by the bed . . .

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

Ashley - WHERE'S THE PICTURE?!?!?!?!?!
    I keep forgetting!!!!!

Before -

After -

After After lol I colored it myself..-

I love it.

Bridget, I keep hoping each day that I check the news that they caught him. I really think that they will. He can't hide forever. The police have clear pictures of him and have his name. He will end up in jail here and from what I hear, others in jail don't like men that mess with kids. I can't see him having an easy time at all.

Lydia, OMG to your dad! I would freak out if my parents were like that. I don't have a kid yet but my cousins are little (5 and 7 right now) and saw how my parents were with them. Shoot, I would freak out on my dad if he was like that with my dog.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ashley, that is cute on you!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

It looks good Ashley!

I confess that I'm stressed out about the winter storm heading my way from tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday. I have lived in WI my whole life and have been driving for 15 years now. So I do know how to drive in the snow but I just HATE it. And they are talking about winds too. Oh and I HATE driving in the dark and it's now dark when I leave work.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that I have never had an issue driving in the snow until I became pregnant. Now I am SO paranoid.

Oh man, I can feel my heart racing now as my car is warming up!

I hate it too--I avoid driving in the snow. Last year I foolishly drove to work in a major storm (on New Year's Eve no less). I drove off the road quite a few times and had to be towed back up once. Man I was pissed when I got to work. (I lived about 45 minutes from my job) I should have just stayed home, but I thought I'd get some appreciation for coming in. Not really.
    Anyway, I'm sure it wouldn't have been so bad if I had been used to driving in snow!
    Just go much slower than you think you have to!

They're forecasting snow and ice for KC area tomorrow. I'm fine with snow. I like snow. I love the sound of the crunch of tires on snow. Ice is evil. THAT is the only thing that stresses me when driving.

Snow is evil when you have to shovel out your car and you live in a complex where people take all the shoveled spots LOL
    (fortunately not the case for us anymore, yay for driveways!)

15. Default

I confess Audrianna has been up since 4:30 am, and it is now 10. I am SO ready for her to take a nap!!!!!

Wow, up early! Sorry! Any reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I have never had an issue driving in the snow until I became pregnant. Now I am SO paranoid.

Oh man, I can feel my heart racing now as my car is warming up!
    I can imagine!

It would be one if I was the only car on the road. LOL I know that I will drive slowly and leave a lot of time for stopping and such. It's the other drivers that concern me....especially early in the season.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

18. Default

She went to sleep at 6ish? I was only going to let her take a nap, but when I went to wake her up I changed her diaper, and she passed right back out again... She's been acting a little off so I figured she might be getting sick and need the sleep... Now I am regretting it today!

I confess I hate it when I self debate parenting practices because of what my IRL momma friends might think of me.

I just finished reading the "leash on kids" poll/discussion. Saturday we went to the zoo with friends - primarily to wear out her 2 1/2 year old son so he'd take a nap longer than 15 minutes. We rented a stroller for Liam as we didn't have our own (during Thanksgiving travels we didn't pack it). Their son was running wild, not listening, not holding hands, and there was much yelling of "come back here". I make a joking comment about getting a leash for him as a christmas present, and immediately felt the temp drop by 10 degrees. We discussed briefly and she said she just hates them and that normally he holds her hand nicely throughout the zoo, but him being really tired he just wasn't listening. (During nice weather, they go to the zoo 2-3 times a week).

I have contemplated one for Liam. He LOVES to run off in random directions and without notice. Maybe he'd willing hold hands later, but at 15 months he's not into it, especially when he wants to explore. And I don't want to force a death-grip around his wrist, which just makes his body go limp. Sometimes a stroller works (or a cart in a grocery store), but a kid's gotta run sometimes, you know? Especially after long car rides, why would he want to be in a cart or stroller?

I have not bought one for him, so I don't know how he'd do with it. But I don't find them "degrading". It's a safety tool. I'd rather use a leash to see my son's broken body on a road, or at the bottom of a hill (some parts of the zoo were steep, with concrete block edging at the bottom - vivid flashes of "what if", you know). I find myself thinking what would she think of me if she saw me using one with Liam?

It irritates me that I'm even bothering to worry about it. She parents her way, I parent mine. I know it should not make a difference. So why is it?
    Last edited by sunrider; 12-07-2009 at 09:18 AM.

20. Default

I know how you feel Krista! We got one for Audrianna, and honestly - Since Charlie has been born its been a life saver! (especially since B left, and I'm doing everything on my own) Audriannas really not into the stroller anymore.. She screams when I try to put her in it. She holds hands sometimes, but is getting into the stage where she thinks its funny to run from mommy.

I don't see an issue with a leash. Well the only time I would is if it was being used to the parent doesn't have to pay attention at all. I'm paranoid enough that I would worry that someone could cut the leash and steal my baby.

I mean I LOVE my dog and put her on a leash when needed for her safety (and she actually listens quite well at this point). And I think that toddlers are kind of like puppies....they both need to be trained and like to find trouble. So if I love my dog that much, I figure that I will REALLY love my baby. So depending on what kind of baby I end up with....I could see using one.

I wish more people would....they come into my clinic where I work and wonder EVERYWHERE. I mean there is an automatic door that is dangers that leads to a lot of cars and big vans dropping people off. and then they come by my water cooler and mess with it. Drives me crazy when the parents aren't paying any attention and I have to tell the kid to stop playing the water because they are getting it all over the floor. Thankfully we equipped this one with just cold/cool water and not hot water like some.

And it's not like the baby will be damaged from being a leash while very little or remember it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I don't see the issue with leashes either. If you feel your child needs one then get one. I don't really understand why people think they're degrading at all. I guess because my now 16 year old cousin had one when he was a toddler. I never saw my aunt drag him around anywhere and think that people who do that are a VERY small minority. My cousin was a handful and always on the go and without the leash I know he would have gotten REALLY hurt. I've never used a leash but if I felt my child needed one or even if we go to a large place like Disney World or something, I'd probably get one just because. We go to the zoo about 1-3 times a week as well and once Elle starts walking and I see how she acts, I might get her one as well. Right now though she has a car that we call the pink cadillac that I push her around in and she loves sitting in it and steering the wheel so she is content in her caddy.

Erin

I confess they found him dead in his car. I thought I would feel better when they found him but it just kind of adds to the horror.

I think we moms are touchy about sensitive stuff like that. We think we know how we feel and that we're comfortable in it and then another mom says something against that and it kinda makes us think. I sway on the leash issue. If it really were a safety issue I'd get one. But even with Josh's wild side he's never been one to run into traffic (only once or twice he tried to break away on a quiet street before he could understand the danger) or do anything crazy and we just don't go anywhere like hiking or to amusement parks where safety or getting lost is an issue.
    He doesn't like to hold hands at all but with a little bribing he doesn't mind a carriage (especially if it has a car up front he can "drive" lol)
    I have a friend who has similar ideas as I do on raising kids, but is a little more out there on the whole thing and when we disagree I kinda try to brush it off. I wouldn't really care what she thought if I put Josh on a leash and she didn't approve. We have things we do differently and that's fine with us! But I can understand being self concious about it!

I confess they found him dead in his car. I thought I would feel better when they found him but it just kind of adds to the horror.
    OMG! Suicide?

I think we moms are touchy about sensitive stuff like that. We think we know how we feel and that we're comfortable in it and then another mom says something against that and it kinda makes us think. I sway on the leash issue. If it really were a safety issue I'd get one. But even with Josh's wild side he's never been one to run into traffic (only once or twice he tried to break away on a quiet street before he could understand the danger) or do anything crazy and we just don't go anywhere like hiking or to amusement parks where safety or getting lost is an issue.
    He doesn't like to hold hands at all but with a little bribing he doesn't mind a carriage (especially if it has a car up front he can "drive" lol)
    I have a friend who has similar ideas as I do on raising kids, but is a little more out there on the whole thing and when we disagree I kinda try to brush it off. I wouldn't really care what she thought if I put Josh on a leash and she didn't approve. We have things we do differently and that's fine with us! But I can understand being self concious about it!
    I just can't imagine judging a mom for trying to keep her kid safe. I mean like I said in the thread, if you make your kid hold your hand then clearly you understand the unpredictability of toddlers. If the kid likes it then what is the difference?

OMG! Suicide?
    It appears that way.

I'm sorry to hear this Bridget...Sorry you have to think about that horror. At least he can never hurt anyone again.

Do they know for sure that it is him? Our news was just reporting a mans body in his car.

I wanted him found...but not dead, that is too easy.
    Last edited by Cosmosmom; 12-07-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    Do they know for sure that it is him? Our news was just reporting a mans body in his car.

I wanted him found...but not dead, that is too easy.
    This is where I wish there was a hell, because he's be there.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov