Page 209 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1091591992072082092102112192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess that I think the religious people I know are complete hypocrites for pushing their religions then turning around and sinning.

I confess that I avoid all questions/comments about heaven with my son (that his grandmother has taught him) because I personally don't believe in heaven or hell.

I confess that I avoid conversations IRL about religion and what I believe because I get this look

I confess sometimes I feel like a bad mama bcus I'm too tired to play with our 6yr old.

Your dad sounds like a true eccentric Lydia!

Beli - I feel guilty when I don't have energy to play with my daughter too. They have too much energy to keep up with!

I confess I finally went off on a friend of mine who keeps (unintentionally) insulting me on Facebook.

2/09 6/09 4/14

I have a facebook friend like that too, LOL
    She recently went off on everyone who plays farmville and other apps, how we are useless and spouted off some scripture about our lives being like a vapor and then tried to cover it up saying it came out wrong...whatever, read your updates before you post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    Depends. I would do it but I adore my DH and our marriage is very solid. If we weren't so strong, it might not be a great idea.
    Just wanted to say, how right you are...think I am going to hold off on his lunch offer, LOL

6. Default

I confess I went ahead and got my hair cut into the inverted bob hairstyle...

I smile everytime I look in the mirror, as its kind of like a big "EFF YOU!" to B since he "hated" the style so much. I love how it turned out, and am kind of mad at myself for not doing it earlier, and allowing him to dictate how I kept my hair...

I also confess I have decided to start wearing makeup again. (only when going out of the house...) B always complained that "I was wearing too much" even though I never wore more than I did when he and I met and got together... After hearing that all the time, I just stopped wearing it at all, and I think thats one of the reasons I lost so much confidence... I always felt so much better about myself when I had makeup on..

Sorry Ashley, but he sounds a bit controlling.

8. Default

Yeah... I'm seeing that now as I look back on our relationship....

I WAS blind, but hindsight is 20/20 right?

shutterbird Guest

Good for you, Ash! I want to see some pics!!!

Glad you got the haircut you wanted Ashley - I'm sure it looks fabulous!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Yeah... I'm seeing that now as I look back on our relationship....

I WAS blind, but hindsight is 20/20 right?
    Always!

I confess that I just sent my ex-husband a message on Facebook.

I confess that I haven't talked to him since I drunkenly kicked his ass over 7 years ago.

I confess that he probably won't reply and that's just fine.

I confess that at least I found the means to be able to apologize for all the crap I put him through, which I have felt the need to do for quite a while now.
    Last edited by Janeen; 12-06-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post

I confess that I haven't talked to him since I drunkenly kicked his ass over 7 years ago.
    lmao.. I knew you were awesome!

I confess that at least I found the means to be able to apologize for all the crap I put him through, which I have felt the need to do for quite a while now.
    I sent my ex-bf a message on myspace once to apologize for being such a b!tch, etc... He wrote back and said it was all cool, and I wasn't as big of a b!tch as I thought I was.. lol He didn't remember ALOT of the things I was apologizing for, which kinda scared me.. Made me think perhaps those were things my friends and I said/did behind his back, and he maybe NEVER knew about them...

14. Default

I confess I JUST changed my relationship status on myspace (waiting to do FB till its official since MIL and SIL are on there) and I have already gotten two messages/friend requests from guys in the KC area. lol.

I confess it actually kinda makes me feel good.

lmao.. I knew you were awesome!

I sent my ex-bf a message on myspace once to apologize for being such a b!tch, etc... He wrote back and said it was all cool, and I wasn't as big of a b!tch as I thought I was.. lol He didn't remember ALOT of the things I was apologizing for, which kinda scared me.. Made me think perhaps those were things my friends and I said/did behind his back, and he maybe NEVER knew about them...
    He totally didn't deserve it but...a half a 5th of Bacardi 151 convinced me that he did.

I confess I JUST changed my relationship status on myspace (waiting to do FB till its official since MIL and SIL are on there) and I have already gotten two messages/friend requests from guys in the KC area. lol.

I confess it actually kinda makes me feel good.
    The Myspace Manwhores are going to come out of the wood works now! LOL

ROFL manwhores

Guys, does anyone know any hotlines I can call that are not as dire as suicide lines but will listen to someone complain for a while and maybe help me out?

I did a search for depression hotlines and quite a few came up.

Thanks Janeen, I will look into that.

21. Default

lmao Janeen.. I like that term

***DISTURBING****
    I confess that am sorry to come back to this terrible story but I they still haven't found the guy that killed my friend and her little girl, along with another of his young children and that child's mother. It's making me physically hurt when I think about her and it's giving me nightmares that he is still out there somewhere. They found my friend and her little girl in the trunk of his car. I'm so sorry if this is too much for this thread but I don't know where else to get this out. It's too heavy for ranting and venting.
    I hate it when the world makes no sense. I hate being stuck in this little whirlwind where if feels like the really bad is far outweighing the good. Between my mom's cancer, my cousin's suicide, my aunt's sudden turn in health and possible paralyzation, my friend's murder....isn't there a point where it's really all too much?

I'm so sorry. Its just way too much. Especially all at once. I hope they find that guy soon.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bridget

Oh Bridget. I wish I knew what to say. I'm really at a loss. That is just way to much to handle all at once. This story is really freaking me out, and I have no connection to it whatsoever. I can't really imagine how scary it must be for you.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I'm sorry, Bridget.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Bridget Hugs

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Hugs, Bridget. I think I read an article about him. Is his name Tyrone Adair? It suggested that the women were killed so he could get out of paying child support. What a senseless, brutal crime. I'm so sorry.

-----------------

My dad has left and my MIL has arrived. My dad has been a source of chaos for the past few days, telling me he's got other plans and then showing up for dinner at the last minute, or telling me he wants to do something and then showing up two hours late. Today he was playing with the twins in the kitchen and let them break one of dh's polished rocks and then he said, "Uh-oh" and I raced in there to find he'd allowed Ro to pour an entire bottle of bubbles over his head and it was dripping in his eyes and ears. Dh said "Don't let him be unsupervised with the children ANY More" and so when we went to a museum this afternoon and my dad was racing the children around the building, I was trying my pregnant best to keep up without looking too much like I was supervising.

The worst thing was, when my dad was in the kitchen with them and he was just letting them climb around on the countertops, I kept having this mental image of one of my children falling off and cracking the head open on the tiles. It was so vivid, I could even picture telling my dad to leave because I couldn't deal with being around him after he let my child die. My dad has no regard for possessions (his own or other people) and scoffs at people who worry about bodily injury. I was almost relieved when I had to go take Ro and give him a sink shower, because at last he was off the counter and in my hands.

After the Ro/bubble incident, I had to take Claire away from him because he had given her another bottle of bubbles and she poured it all over her dress. So it's not like he learns.

shutterbird Guest

Bridget. I'm so sorry.

Lydia, wow.

That's him, Lydia.
    I cannot believe your dad! It really sucks when adults make your parenting job harder. You'd hope an extra adult in the house would take a load off!