Page 208 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1081581982062072082092102182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Lydia! Great detective work! I love how the property line is in your favor!

There was a great book series called "The Blending" that I really got into as well. No vampires, but not reality either.

...and another hug for Ashley

Love the eggs Kaykat! My favorite one is the dark blue one with what looks like fluffy dandelion tops on it.
    Gorgeous.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

shutterbird Guest

Oh yeah, Katy's eggs are amazing. I'm aww'd at her talent!

Kate (daylilies), how weird!

So do you think it's harmless if a boyfriend you had in your tweens asks you out to lunch, or should that be avoided at all costs? LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I think it really depends on the two people going to lunch and their partners. It may be totally harmless on your part but it may bother your dh. A few of my exes are still in my life, and it doesn't bother my dh because he knows I only want to be with him. They're ex for a reason. On the other hand, if you have or could develop feelings for this guy and if your dh is insecure about your feelings, then it might not be harmless.

My sister once took a picture with all of her exes at one party we attended. There were 8 guys. Once someone enters our group, they're pretty much there for life.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 12-04-2009 at 08:30 AM.

I dunno, I guess I have to ask DH. I think it would be fun. We already spent some time chatting, reminiscing about camp.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    So do you think it's harmless if a boyfriend you had in your tweens asks you out to lunch, or should that be avoided at all costs? LOL
    Depends. I would do it but I adore my DH and our marriage is very solid. If we weren't so strong, it might not be a great idea.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

*****DISTURBING******
    I confess I just got a call that one of my really good childhood friend"s ex shot and killed her and the two year old daughter they have together. I am just sick. We chatted at our reunion this past summer and also connected on facebook. I met him at the reunion.
    I just keep playing out in my head how it all may have gone down and it is seriously making me sick. I'm so sad. She also has teenage twin daughters, who are okay, physically.

Oh my god, Bridget. That is terrifying. I'm so sorry.
    Norah! (3 yr)

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    *****DISTURBING******
    I confess I just got a call that one of my really good childhood friend"s ex shot and killed her and the two year old daughter they have together. I am just sick. We chatted at our reunion this past summer and also connected on facebook. I met him at the reunion.
    I just keep playing out in my head how it all may have gone down and it is seriously making me sick. I'm so sad. She also has teenage twin daughters, who are okay, physically.
    OMG NO. That's absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry, Bridget. I hope those poor girls get some help. That guy deserves to rot.

Wow. I'm speechless. That is f***ing horrible.

Bridget
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Oh, how terrible!

Oh Bridget, I'm so sorry.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG, I think that I saw that in the news. It looks like he killed two different moms and babies.
    I hope that the police find him quickly and he rots in jail for life.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    OMG, I think that I saw that in the news. It looks like he killed two different moms and babies.
    I hope that the police find him quickly and he rots in jail for life.
    I know. The rage I feel for him right now hurts. Disgusting human.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm so sorry, Bridget.

shutterbird Guest

Lydia, I love your craft pics!

Aw, thanks. I am actually trying to do those Scrabble tile pendants that were mentioned in Random, so I printed out this collage really small on some photo paper in order to cut them out individually and glue them on the tiles. Otherwise, I just couldn't print them small enough!

Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned how adorable Lore looks in your signature. She's just a doll.

That is just beyond awful Bridget. I can't even imagine. What did the guy seem like when you met him?

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    That is just beyond awful Bridget. I can't even imagine. What did the guy seem like when you met him?
    You know, I honestly did not pay too much attention to him. I was just so focused on catching up with her. I remember thinking she seemed really happy and that made me happy for her because as long as I'd know her she dated a lot of scumbags. But she had a beautiful smile and she smiled a lot, so I imagine it would be easy for someone like me, who hadn't seen her in years, to assume she was happy even if she wasn't. She really was one of those totally vibrant, beautiful, kind people that you just wanted to be near. Why is a woman like that drawn to men that treat them terribly? In highschool she was the girl that every guy wanted to date and every girl wanted to be friends with. Clearly she didn't know how amazing she was. That in itself is a tragedy.
    The story just keeps getting worse and my heart is broken for her and her little girl and everyone who loved them. I just keep imagining what her last few moments must have been like... Last I heard they still haven't found him.

20. Default

Oh how horrible Bridget!! I'm so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    You know, I honestly did not pay too much attention to him. I was just so focused on catching up with her. I remember thinking she seemed really happy and that made me happy for her because as long as I'd know her she dated a lot of scumbags. But she had a beautiful smile and she smiled a lot, so I imagine it would be easy for someone like me, who hadn't seen her in years, to assume she was happy even if she wasn't. She really was one of those totally vibrant, beautiful, kind people that you just wanted to be near. Why is a woman like that drawn to men that treat them terribly? In highschool she was the girl that every guy wanted to date and every girl wanted to be friends with. Clearly she didn't know how amazing she was. That in itself is a tragedy.
    The story just keeps getting worse and my heart is broken for her and her little girl and everyone who loved them. I just keep imagining what her last few moments must have been like... Last I heard they still haven't found him.
    What a horrible tragedy.

That's so horrible Bridget.

I'm alone for the day! This morning DH said "Get Josh dressed, I'm taking him out" and he wouldn't tell me where. I had a hunch, though! He came back without Josh and we joked around "You left Josh in the car" "Actually I left him outside to play, he'll be fine"

Sooo the electrician is supposed to come "sometime this weekend" so I am waiting for a little bit, then he's out of luck because I'm going to treat myself to lunch or a movie or something.

How is everyone today?

My dad arrived last night at 6 PM, a little earlier than expected, so I invited him to come over for dinner. We ended up eating with my dad's plate at the table and the twins asking where he was. At 7 PM, when we normally start getting ready for bed, I called my dad and asked where he was. He apparently was talking on the phone while he was driving and missed his turn and then got stuck in a traffic jam. He was driving down a street two cities away from us! And hadn't bothered to call! I knew it would take another hour to get back here, so I told him to skip it and we'd see him tomorrow.

My dad is a competent guy, but coming from a 5-stoplight town to the Bay Area can be a challenge for any driving skill level. Yes, he should not have been making phone calls.

I confess that my dog is sleeping and snoring next to me...with her one eye open!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Oh noo Lydia. I'm glad he was okay!

I think that we are going out today and looking at some flooring and lighting to make sure that we enough allowance built in for it.
    We put down more on the lot than we had planned and are stressing about having enough at the end without draining the savings. Need to factor in closing costs, appliances, drapes/blinds, things like a lawn mower.....it's a LOT to think about!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Lydia, I hope your dad is OK! That is a big step. I can't imagine my parents ever travelling out of their 1 stop-sign community.

Travis has conjuctivitis in both eyes. It's so yucky. Parenthood is so not glamorous. LOL.

My dad came over this morning after telling me he had to go shopping for pants. I asked him what he wore on the plane. He said pants, but they were dress pants he wore in the office. I asked him if he packed anything. He said "papers."

I can't believe my dad came out to visit for four days and didn't pack any clothes.

The twins loved him. Claire flung herself into his arms and cuddled, and then raced Ronin back and forth and spun around in circles to show off for him.

My dad is actually a world traveler, but mostly to third-world countries. Plus he doesn't pay a lot of attention to normal life details. I know when I lived at home he ran over my bicycle and my cat because he wasn't paying attention to where he was going (although he told me a coyote got at my cat, the vet said it was obviously a tire). Oh, and my cat lived, just with three legs.