Page 196 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 961461861941951961971982062462966961196 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,880 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Ok Janeen.. What is this planet that Jimi is from?! I need to send DH there for some training
    Haha. When I asked him "Where are you from?" when he showed me the journal, he said from Alpha Centauri.

I thought he made it up but then he said it was a constellation? LOL, I just googled it and sure enough...

Maybe we can find a round trip ticket there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Centauri
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Jimi definitely cares about a clean house. That must be why he does the majority of the cleaning.
    Yes I got DH doing a good deal of the cleaning. He does floors, dusting, makes the bed each day (twice since we sleep opposite shifts), the bathrooms and usually is the one doing doggie litter.

I do the kitchen, more of the cooking (he does help), and laundry...because I'm scared to let him do it!

If we both work, I will NOT be doing all the housework. We will see how it breaks down once there is yard work too.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    Yes I got DH doing a good deal of the cleaning. He does floors, dusting, makes the bed each day (twice since we sleep opposite shifts), the bathrooms and usually is the one doing doggie litter.

I do the kitchen, more of the cooking (he does help), and laundry...because I'm scared to let him do it!

If we both work, I will NOT be doing all the housework. We will see how it breaks down once there is yard work too.
    The one thing Jimi refuses to do is the bathrooms. Not happening lol. I do the bathrooms, our bedroom and the laundry room. He does the rest. He also does the majority of the cooking when we are both home. Otherwise, he is at work and I just scrounge whatever or cook sometimes. I have been cooking more than usual lately though.

I confess that for the last two years we have had a round glass dining table on a bamboo stand. However, we have had no chairs for the friggin thing. At one point we started using our two porch chairs for the table so if people wanted to sit there, they could. I have always wanted a counter height pub style table but Jimi always wanted a really long dining table with the plush high back chairs. Well, the pub ones I always found usually only sat four people and he refused to have one that sat that little amount of people but...

We found this one and we are getting it next week!

Rich Cherry finish
    Transitional styling
    Set includes table, 8 side chairs, and Lazy Susan
    Butterfly drop down leaf
    Table size is 54" x 36" x 54"

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I used to despise the show Supernanny, but have been watching it for a few weeks now, and alot of what she says makes sense, and I am trying to log it into memory to use later down the road...
    I watched it once and she was way to harsh for me but I did learn how to effectively give a time out to a child that would get up over and over and over and over and over and over...
    Now I cringe when I hear it because my MIL kept telling me I needed the Supernanny the last time we visited her and it made me want to put her on a naughty step.

6. Default

I confess I should not assume....

I finally got to talk to DH about the texts, in depth.

Not sure if I ever mentioned WHY DH joined the army, but basically he was given the choice - Jail or Army.... so into the Army he went....

The "f#cked up decision" he was talking about was what got him into that position in the first place

Oh Ashley I'm so glad you got that cleared up.

Oh Ashley that must have been a relief!

Janeen....beautiful table!

I confess I like suppernanny....DH thinks Jo is hot. But it makes him scared to have kids....not like we have much choice there anyway. But she makes a lot of sense to me....it's how I did things when I practically had a daycare at home (not quite). If I said something, they either stopped or it was a time out (or even worse not going in the pool in the afternoon). Yeah they learned pretty quickly that I meant what I said and really only had 1-2 bad days (one girl was so easy but the other was a handful and I can't believe how OLD they are now....makes me feel old!).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess I don't know where the heck I belong, but I feel better here.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Then you belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    I'm glad to see you back here!

I confess...we finally got an accepted offer on a house! Well, 1/3 of a triplex, but you know what I mean. YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY! We've been dealing with bidding wars and have had FIVE offers that have been outbid. FIVE. We still have the inspection to do, and financing technically, but the place we found is super cute and less than we could pay. But its great - super cute and cheap enough that we'll be able to do some work on the kitchen.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I confess...we finally got an accepted offer on a house! Well, 1/3 of a triplex, but you know what I mean. YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY! We've been dealing with bidding wars and have had FIVE offers that have been outbid. FIVE. We still have the inspection to do, and financing technically, but the place we found is super cute and less than we could pay. But its great - super cute and cheap enough that we'll be able to do some work on the kitchen.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yay!

Woo Hoo!!!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

shutterbird Guest

Congrats Maggie!

I confess...

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Congrats Maggie!

I confess...

Congrats Maggie!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yay for houses! Yay for Kim!

I confess that Walmart has Honeysuckle White turkeys on sale for 60 cents a pound.

I confess that I just bought two for the Christmas dinner we are putting on at our house this year.

I confess I needed to look at the iParty website for Josh's party and I said to Josh "I need to look at iparty" and he said "No, it's MY party"
    LOL

I confess we went to Famous Daves for dinner and had some super yummy and really unhealthy food! Had a free desert so we got a HUGE brownie with kuluha or something like that, walnuts, whipped cream and ice cream. Oh and chocolate sauce. OMG it was so yummy!

Brought home doggie boxes....and Cosmo loved the french fry with BBQ sauce on it and actually tried to beg from the frig (she usually gives up when food is there and door is closed! LOL)

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yum! I keep forgetting how much I like brownies until I have a really good one.

I confess....I am waiting for a homemade apple pie to get out of the oven.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess I am waiting for Jimi to go pick up our pizza and cajun wings from Pizza Hut.

25. Default

I confess pizza sounds really yummy!!!

I confess I am making Santa Fe Soup for dinner, and am just waiting on the hamburger to thaw..... and I made brownies this morning! YUM

I confess I have to change our whole way of eating. So no pizza, no yummy desserts. Nothing. DH was put on a no sodium diet by his doc due to his blood pressure and other things, so now I have to be miserable too. I've been in a bad mood since he told me what his blood pressure was. Not for his health, but for the fact that we have to start eating right. I'm upset.

lol. he insists that I can eat what I used to eat and he'll just change his diet, but I just can't do that to him.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I haven't wanted pizza for a long time, as a matter of fact the thought of it disgusted me lol. But I want it today, even though I am looking forward to the wings more!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I confess I have to change our whole way of eating. So no pizza, no yummy desserts. Nothing. DH was put on a no sodium diet by his doc due to his blood pressure and other things, so now I have to be miserable too. I've been in a bad mood since he told me what his blood pressure was. Not for his health, but for the fact that we have to start eating right. I'm upset.

lol. he insists that I can eat what I used to eat and he'll just change his diet, but I just can't do that to him.
    And if he's anything like Jimi, he will say that but keep eating the stuff you eat.

I will say though, Jimi has done much better on what he eats and has started going to gym since his doctor told him if he doesn't change his ways, he will be full blown diabetic in 6 months. He hasn't had pizza in forever either since I didn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    And if he's anything like Jimi, he will say that but keep eating the stuff you eat.

I will say though, Jimi has done much better on what he eats and has started going to gym since his doctor told him if he doesn't change his ways, he will be full blown diabetic in 6 months. He hasn't had pizza in forever either since I didn't want it.
    His new motto is "just a little bite won't hurt". yeah, all those little bites add up! And with how high his blood pressure is and has been, he can't afford to eat ANY. His BP has steadily been atleast 155/119 or so for MONTHS. Heck, probably even years. His doc warned him that he HAS to eat right. He just has to.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    His new motto is "just a little bite won't hurt". yeah, all those little bites add up! And with how high his blood pressure is and has been, he can't afford to eat ANY. His BP has steadily been atleast 155/119 or so for MONTHS. Heck, probably even years. His doc warned him that he HAS to eat right. He just has to.
    You've got your hands full. NO sodium is HARD, if not nearly impossible. We were on this Six Week Body Makeover diet that was no sodium. It was killer, bland, and well we cheated with dipping the turkey balls that we mostly ate into a tiny bit of dressing/dip of some sort.

We were on it to lose weight and we did, but the no sodium part of it was ugh.