Page 194 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 941441841921931941951962042442946941194 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #5791

    Default

    AW Janeen! I love that he keeps a journal of all the cool stuff! He's so sweet.

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  2. #5792
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Just the fact that he did it is what blows my mind. I mean the majority of stuff in there isn't mushy or whatever but the fact that he kept up on it all and typed it so he could remember it is to me. I asked him today "Where did you come from? Most guys just don't do this kind of stuff!"
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  3. #5793

    Default

    Naw, most of what he wrote wasn't mushy, but it's the thought that is mushy. If that makes sense. lol

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  4. #5794

    Default

    Holy crap, how cute is he? I'm charmed. He is going to be a great dad.
    Norah! (3 yr)

  5. #5795
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Holy crap, how cute is he? I'm charmed. He is going to be a great dad.
    Seriously!!!

  7. #5797
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,868

    Default

    Awesome diary. Thanks for sharing.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  8. #5798
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess...

    Does this girl look comfy to you?



    I swear, she knows when I am grabbing the camera. Her eyes (well, eye) will be closed and as soon as I grab the camera, it's open!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  9. #5799
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    Jimi's Journal just brought tears to my eyes. No, not mushy, but I could just feel the emotion behind it.


  10. #5800
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Okay I confess...just one more pic for the night.

    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  11. #5801

    Default

    I confess it totally snuck up on me that Josh's birthday is in 6 days. LOL Thank goodness the party isn't until the 22nd! (of course we will still do something as a family on his actual birthday)

  12. #5802

    Default

    I confess that I feel like an unsympathetic shlup. Dbf came home, again, yesterday around 5:30 with a good buzz on and continued to drink throught the evening. As the night went on he was wallowing deeper and deeper in self pity. Oh, and course most of his problems are my fault because I don't have sex with him enough, and I'm not "helping" him with what he's going through. Well #1 is that I don't know what he's going through because he's been telling me all the counseling is for his short term memory function. #2 is that I don't have time to take care of him. I have 2 children and a full time business and I am 100% responsible for all of it. #3 is quite simply that his attitude and lack of helping me out is a total and complete turn off for me.
    I just really believe that self improvement has to come from within. No one can help you with that. I muddle through things on my own all of the time.
    This post probably barely makes sense and it's because last night didn't make much sense to me either. The only time he opens up to me is when he's drunk and then he just spews bitterness and blame. I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him. I just can't.

  13. #5803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I like my ticker baby again!! It looks so grown up now and those ugly veins in the face are gone!

    I confess that Jimi informed me today of a diary he has at work. Every morning his outlook pops up with it and he adds a note for the day on some days. Oh, my, goodness. He sent this diary to me via email and he has logged just about everything along our entire course of trying to conceive and up until 10/26. It isn't quite daily but every appointment, every pertinent bit of information is on it and it melted my heart.

    I confess that I thought about sharing but am kind of worried you guys would think I was weird if I did.
    AWWWW, I think that is completely and totally awesome! It doesn't matter that's it's not mushy - you can tell how excited he was that things were progressing and he's happy. That's just so cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I asked him today "Where did you come from? Most guys just don't do this kind of stuff!"
    What did he say? I want to know!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  14. #5804

    Default

    Aww Janeen. DH and I have a notepad on the computer that we write to each other back and forth.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  15. #5805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I feel like an unsympathetic shlup. Dbf came home, again, yesterday around 5:30 with a good buzz on and continued to drink throught the evening. As the night went on he was wallowing deeper and deeper in self pity. Oh, and course most of his problems are my fault because I don't have sex with him enough, and I'm not "helping" him with what he's going through. Well #1 is that I don't know what he's going through because he's been telling me all the counseling is for his short term memory function. #2 is that I don't have time to take care of him. I have 2 children and a full time business and I am 100% responsible for all of it. #3 is quite simply that his attitude and lack of helping me out is a total and complete turn off for me.
    I just really believe that self improvement has to come from within. No one can help you with that. I muddle through things on my own all of the time.
    This post probably barely makes sense and it's because last night didn't make much sense to me either. The only time he opens up to me is when he's drunk and then he just spews bitterness and blame. I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him. I just can't.
    You shouldn't feel sorry for him. Do you really think he's on the road to self improvement, or is he feeding you a load of BS so you don't leave him?

  16. #5806
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    What did he say? I want to know!
    He made up some planet.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  17. #5807

    Default

    Bridget if there's one thing I learned it's that some men (and even some women LOL) turn into pathetic blobs when they drink and it's best to just let them wallow.
    My husband is a total wuss when it comes to alcohol. He drinks like 1/4 of a Jack and Coke and he's already "feeling a buzz"!

  18. #5808
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    Janeen, that was super cute!

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  19. #5809

    Default

    I confess I now know someone with confirmed H1N1. Flutterbudget's son Luke was diagnosed earlier this week. And both she and her DH are sick with the exact same symptoms as Luke, so I'm sure they all have it.

    I confess I can't imagine me, DH, and Liam all having a flu together. How miserable would that be?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  20. #5810

    Default

    ugh! I can't stand being sick, let alone having to take care of other sick people at the same time!
    DH and I have been sick at the same time, but luckily Josh did not get it so bad, so DH and I just took turns laying around while the other entertained Josh. LOL

  21. #5811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    You shouldn't feel sorry for him. Do you really think he's on the road to self improvement, or is he feeding you a load of BS so you don't leave him?
    I do not think he's on the road to self improvement. After last night, I think at best he's trying to find someone or something to blame. He never takes responsibility for himself.
    He's telling me today that he didn't mean any of the crap he said last night. So goes my life. Forever wondering if the things coming out of his mouth are genuine or BS.

  22. #5812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Bridget if there's one thing I learned it's that some men (and even some women LOL) turn into pathetic blobs when they drink and it's best to just let them wallow.
    My husband is a total wuss when it comes to alcohol. He drinks like 1/4 of a Jack and Coke and he's already "feeling a buzz"!
    Oh, if only I could have let him wallow! He would not leave me alone! I must have said 15 times that I just wanted to relax and watch the movie we had on so could he please just be quiet and I'd talk to him about everything when he was sober. He would not shut up so I eventually gave up and just silently walked out of the room and went to bed.

  23. Default

    I confess I was just looking at the website for the fashion design company my sister works at, when I see one of their shirts is named "Audrianna". So I texted my sister, and turns out -- Thats one of her designs! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

  24. #5814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Oh, if only I could have let him wallow! He would not leave me alone! I must have said 15 times that I just wanted to relax and watch the movie we had on so could he please just be quiet and I'd talk to him about everything when he was sober. He would not shut up so I eventually gave up and just silently walked out of the room and went to bed.
    Yeesh. Men never want to talk and then the minute they're drunk they want to open up.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I was just looking at the website for the fashion design company my sister works at, when I see one of their shirts is named "Audrianna". So I texted my sister, and turns out -- Thats one of her designs! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
    Aww! That's cool!

  25. #5815
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I was just looking at the website for the fashion design company my sister works at, when I see one of their shirts is named "Audrianna". So I texted my sister, and turns out -- Thats one of her designs! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
    That is cool!

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  26. #5816
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    Bridget, am I understanding correctly that your dbf got drunk and unhappy about you not meeting all of his needs, in the bedroom and out of it? I don't even know what to say about that, except he seems to live in his own world, without a lot of self-awareness or reflection, and only occasionally has a shining moment of generosity to make all the bad times seem a little less miserable. I am glad he's going to a counselor (and I really doubt he's sleeping with her, since they are in a professional relationship with overt ethical guidelines) and I would try to ask him more about what his issues are. Probably not in the same way I said it, though. Maybe you could go together sometime? If he's having difficulties, it wouldn't hurt to insert yourself in a session and provide some input and give some context to his situation, and hopefully learn a little bit more in the process.

    My mom has stayed with my dad for more than 20 years after his affairs, long-term mistresses (sometimes people call him "the man with two wives"), and his disregard, avoidance, and disrespect. She's living out here near me, now, but she doesn't think it's permanent and she still goes home 4-6 times a year. She ends up cleaning the house while he goes somewhere else for the weekend so he doesn't have to talk to her.

    I have asked her why she has stayed with him for so long when he's not very nice to her, and she tells me that when he IS nice, he's so wonderful, and she hopes to be able to see that again. In the meantime, she can see him being charming around his friends, if she's in the vicinity.

    I will support my mom no matter what she decides to do. I have no business telling her what to do with her relationship. It makes me a little sad, sometimes, thinking that if she'd left him 20-30 years ago, when he first started having significant affairs (and yes, I was aware of it even at the age of 7), she might have found a nice man and been happier this whole time. Or she might have been lonely and unfulfilled, too, but she is anyway.

    I just want you to be treated with courtesy and respect. That doesn't seem like too much to ask, but it can be so hard to achieve.

    I'm sorry if this seemed preachy. It really wasn't meant to be, and I have no more business giving you relationship advice than I have giving my mom advice.


  27. #5817
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    I confess I'm tired and have been cold all day. And I'm watching the clock drag by until I get to go home in 40 minutes.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  28. #5818
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I was just looking at the website for the fashion design company my sister works at, when I see one of their shirts is named "Audrianna". So I texted my sister, and turns out -- Thats one of her designs! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

    That's really sweet.

    I feel so wanted at work. I'm currently doing a maternity cover which is up soon, so I went for an interview outside my department. I've progressed to the second stage of interviews. And now, my current boss says she wants me to stay when the girl I'm doing maternity cover comes back! So, choices choices. I'm pretty sure I'll stay where I am.

  29. #5819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    I confess I'm tired and have been cold all day. And I'm watching the clock drag by until I get to go home in 40 minutes.
    I'm doing the same, except....i'm watching the clock until DH gets home. I swear this last hour just DRAGS on and on and on. I wish he never had to work and we could just both stay home together forever. UGH

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  30. #5820
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    I confess I've been packing all day today and we're leaving for 9 days in Mexico tonight at 3 AM. I'm dreading the travel days, but I'm looking forward to a tropical vacation with good food and swimming. What are you guys going to talk about while I'm gone?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •