Page 193 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 931431831911921931941952032432936931193 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Wow, thanks for the zany stories about sleep talking! He really doesn't remember it and he says what he said is not true.

2. Default

I confess I was just feeding Charlie, and stopped to burp her... She projectile spit up all over me, and my cell phone... It all came about an inch from my laptop.... whew...

Eww! Sorry Ashley!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess we are done breastfeeding.. 3 weeks and my milk still hasn't come in. Charlie was only maintaining weight because we were supplementing with formula after every nursing session... The doctor is sending me to an endocrinologist to see if there is a hormonal reason that my milk hasn't come in by 3 weeks..
    Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry!
    My only thoughts are trying some galactalogues as Lydia suggested. Domperidone, blessed thistle and fenugreek worked wonders for me when AF came back at 4 months and completely tanked my supply every month (and it didn't rebound like it was before).
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that part of me thinks I'm very selfish.

I want a house. We are probably building one this spring and moving in June so we can get the tax credit. If it was up to DH, he would keep renting and just saving a lot of money every month. I do not want to do this and have been pushing for the house. He is scared....very scared. He doesn't like change and is very slow to move on things. Took him several dates to kiss me (and only after I asked if he was ever going to kiss me!), 2 years to get engaged, another 3 after that to get married. Took about 4 years into marriage to try for a baby and well that hasn't seem to come about as planned. When I wanted a new car, took me 18 months to get it and quite a few visits to the dealership.

Now with a house, we have been talking about it forever. Looked at them in 2004 and again in 2005. Put an offer in on one in April this year but sellers wouldn't play. Have been talking with the builder since May....know which lot and have our plan. Nothing excessive....3 bed, 2 bath ranch house. We even looked up the land to make sure that it wasn't any kind of flood plain (DH went to school and got his degress in geology...doesn't use them but they were helpful for this).
    his mom and his uncle were up visiting over the weekend and saw a similar house the builder has done and were impressed with the quality. Helped up pick out the lot. They both approved and thought that this was a great idea, good investment and that we should go for it. This would be a dream house for us and we would only ever move again if we had to leave the town for some reason.

We can afford this house...we will still be able to save each month, just not as much as we can renting.

DH is a worrier. I think that deep down he really wants the house and likes the idea and thinks that financially its the best thing to do in the long term. I just wonder if it is selfish of me to push him into doing something that scares him. About the only way he wouldn't be scared though would be if we waited another 10 years for a house and could pay over half in cash.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

A church sign I saw.
    "Stop trying to change others. Try loving more"
    hmmm
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    A church sign I saw.
    "Stop trying to change others. Try loving more"
    hmmm
    LOL!!

That seems like such an oxymoron.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    LOL!!

That seems like such an oxymoron.

Erin
    Exactly. My mother made me laugh the other day. She was talking about how people like to plan stuff in their lives but the most important thing to plan for is to meet god...I just rolled my eyes and said, "yeah, if you believe in that,sure."

She's only just recently started going to church and it's worked wonders for her anger management. I can't believe how well she can control herself now because she thinks she has to. It's kinda cute.

9. Default

I confess I feel like I am kicking this houses butt today, and in all reality all I have done is 3 loads of laundry, and started the dishwasher... lol

I confess sMIL commented to me last night after dinner that she "doesn't know how I do it all - especially with TWO kids"
    I confess dinner last night was just a OAMC meal that I pulled out of the freezer, and popped in the oven.

I confess that I just found out the dr that dbf has been going to for his headaches is actually a counselor/psychiatrist. I'm totally flabbergasted and wondering what the deal is.

I confess I feel like I am kicking this houses butt today, and in all reality all I have done is 3 loads of laundry, and started the dishwasher... lol

I confess sMIL commented to me last night after dinner that she "doesn't know how I do it all - especially with TWO kids"
    I confess dinner last night was just a OAMC meal that I pulled out of the freezer, and popped in the oven.
    Something I think I read here a while ago has stuck with me--if the house looks the same in the evening as it did that morning, you're doing pretty good. I live by that now. LOL My day is a series of "tidying up" moments. Clothes, toys off the floor, no dishes in the sink, dishwasher run...I'm doing pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I just found out the dr that dbf has been going to for his headaches is actually a counselor/psychiatrist. I'm totally flabbergasted and wondering what the deal is.
    Weird...are you going to ask him?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    if the house looks the same in the evening as it did that morning, you're doing pretty good.
    I love it!

13. Default

hmmmmm.

Something I think I read here a while ago has stuck with me--if the house looks the same in the evening as it did that morning, you're doing pretty good. I live by that now. LOL My day is a series of "tidying up" moments. Clothes, toys off the floor, no dishes in the sink, dishwasher run...I'm doing pretty good.
    Does it still count if it looks the same in the evening as it did in the morning, if you work away from home . . . and no one is home during the day but the dog?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Yes LOL

Weird...are you going to ask him?
    I asked him. He says it's because ever since he hit his head, he's been getting headaches and feeling really forgetful so they referred him to this counselor. But the paperwork I found was more like relaxation and breathing excersizes to control feelings of anger or anxiousness. I'm pretty sure he's not being totally honest with me but if he's trying to improve himself then who am I to stop him? Maybe it's none of my business, you know? If he feels like he needs to keep it private then I'm not going to hound him. But I'm REALLY curious.
    Gad, I hope he's not sleeping with her. Wouldn't that be grand?

LOL, I hope not!

Squee! I confess...NKOTB Dec. 20 Boston House of Blues! omg omg!
    Now if the ticket website doesn't crash and I can get my tickets on the 14th...(ever since the new kids have come back, the fans have crashed all the ticket sale and contest sites because they weren't prepared for the madness LOL)
    I'm debating dragging DH with me, but I can't decide if he'll be a killjoy because he won't enjoy it that much, or if he'll just wander off and find some other lost guys and some beer and have a great time LOL

19. Default

I confess I was hoping since DH got a job I would be able to go see Wicked while its in town... but I just looked up tickets and they are $83!! Guess not!

I asked him. He says it's because ever since he hit his head, he's been getting headaches and feeling really forgetful so they referred him to this counselor. But the paperwork I found was more like relaxation and breathing excersizes to control feelings of anger or anxiousness. I'm pretty sure he's not being totally honest with me but if he's trying to improve himself then who am I to stop him? Maybe it's none of my business, you know? If he feels like he needs to keep it private then I'm not going to hound him. But I'm REALLY curious.
    Gad, I hope he's not sleeping with her. Wouldn't that be grand?
    OMG don't even think it!! And, yes, whatever he wants to do to improve his character is A-OK I think.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess that I like my ticker baby again!! It looks so grown up now and those ugly veins in the face are gone!

I confess that Jimi informed me today of a diary he has at work. Every morning his outlook pops up with it and he adds a note for the day on some days. Oh, my, goodness. He sent this diary to me via email and he has logged just about everything along our entire course of trying to conceive and up until 10/26. It isn't quite daily but every appointment, every pertinent bit of information is on it and it melted my heart.

I confess that I thought about sharing but am kind of worried you guys would think I was weird if I did.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I like my ticker baby again!! It looks so grown up now and those ugly veins in the face are gone!

I confess that Jimi informed me today of a diary he has at work. Every morning his outlook pops up with it and he adds a note for the day on some days. Oh, my, goodness. He sent this diary to me via email and he has logged just about everything along our entire course of trying to conceive and up until 10/26. It isn't quite daily but every appointment, every pertinent bit of information is on it and it melted my heart.

I confess that I thought about sharing but am kind of worried you guys would think I was weird if I did.
    I personally don't think it would be weird! AW that's sweet!

OH and YES, your baby looks so much more normal!! Won't be long until you find out the sex! Wait...are you going to find out???

We are going to find out and I am hope, hope, hoping we can do so during our next appointment on the 24th when I will be around 17 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    We are going to find out and I am hope, hope, hoping we can do so during our next appointment on the 24th when I will be around 17 weeks!
    your pregnancy if flying by so quickly! It seems like just yesterday you announced it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    your pregnancy if flying by so quickly! It seems like just yesterday you announced it worked!
    I know right? Everyone, including Jimi, has said this is going to be the longest pregnancy ever since we knew so soon but man...I think it's flying by!

I confess that I am in the process of polishing off the Cookies N Cream ice cream. Ya know, just so Jimi won't be tempted by it when he gets home from the gym.

I confess I was hoping since DH got a job I would be able to go see Wicked while its in town... but I just looked up tickets and they are $83!! Guess not!
    Ooh, Wicked is awesome! I hope you get to see it sometime. Are they any cheaper at an afternoon show, or Sunday or something?

Janeen I think you should share the journal!

Okay here it is, as you can tell he has a classy way with words sometimes. You'll know the two parts I am referring to.

031109 - I think I have to spooge in a cup today. We have our first appointment with the reproductive clinic this afternoon.

031209 - We had our first baby making appointment yesterday and they put Janeen on Metformin which could completely mess with her system. We'll see how she reacts to it and go from there. I'm excited.

031309 - Ok we didn't make it to the gym but we are getting set to. Gotta go jerk off for the doctors today.

051109 - Her cycle may be happening right now.

051209 - Waiting on test results.

051309 - Results show Janeen ovulated a week ago. We are waiting a week for a formal test and using the cheap tests every morning.

051409 - Still waiting to know for sure. It's either going to be a period or a positive and we donít have either yet.

051509 - Early Test was negative this morning.

051609 - Test was negative again today. I think I might stop by the store and pick up a good one tonight after work. Working from 6am to 9pm tonight.

051809 - Janeen thinks she is getting menstrual cramping.

051909 - Janeen is checking with the doctor to see what we do next.

052009 - Tests were negative so we will do Clomid again and keep track of OV dates.

052209 - Janeen's system is working just like it should and she starting another round of Clomid on Monday.

052609 - Starting Clomid again

060209 - Janeen is ovulating. We'll see in two weeks if we hit the bullseye.

061809 - I hope she's pregnant.

062309 - She should have started her period today so if she doesn't have it going by tomorrow it's time for another pregnancy test.

062409 - She started her period.

071609 - I hope she's pregnant.

080409 - The HSG went well and now we will see how my sperm and her folicles measure up next week.

080709 - We went to start the fourth and monitored cycle this morning. I got to watch as the ultrasound was done and I could see her uterine lining and follicles. Very cool.

081109 - Everything is going as planned and we inseminate tomorrow at 8am.

081209 - My count a little low at 4 Million. Sperm counts below 5 Million have a very low success rate. Doubtful we will conceive this month. We'll see if they did their magic in two weeks.

082409 - Hopefully we're pregnant.

082509 - We are pregnant!!!

082609 - Another blood test today should show higher levels of HCG and Progesterone.

082709 - We didn't see the progesterone but the HCG was 78 and we needed a minimum of 62.

090109 - Waiting on blood test resultsÖ

090209 - Her levels are fine and we scheduled our first ultrasound 091109

090909 - Janeen thinks it's a boy.

091009 - I still think it's a girl.

091509 - We had the first ultrasound and everything looks good. I saw the heart beating and it blew my mind.

091709 - First Ob appointment tomorrow. Might be getting approved for a mobile home up in Thornton and looking at them this weekend.

092109 - We were denied the mobile home but we're shopping for a rental house or townhouse.

092209 - I want a new place that is 1500 sq ft. It should have a two car garage and come with a washer and dryer.

092309 - We got the Parker place with no garage but it's freakin nice and comes with a washer and dryer.

092409 - Signing the lease tonight. Getting everything transferred. Getting budgets straight.

092509 - Place is ours. Third ultrasound today. Should see peanut by now.

092809 - Tired as hell. Got most of our stuff moved. Baby is doing great.

102309 - Leaving in two hours to see how the baby is doing.

102609 - Baby is fine. We may know the sex before Thanksgiving or before Yule.

OMG Janeen, Jimi is super cute.