Page 185 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 851351751831841851861871952352856851185 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I think some associate it with some sort of devils day...
    Yeah, but is there any truth in that from the past, or is it a misinterpretation?

Misinterpretation.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Janeen, your nun looks pregnant with the three wise men triplets!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess -- WE ARE HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!!

She's still down in weight, but after monitoring, I think they realized that I AM feeding my baby, and theres nothing they are doing for us in the hospital that I can't do at home!
    Whoa! Tell me that wasn't a suspicion! Did they really think you weren't feeding her?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess these days of four+-hour commutes are completely exhausting me, mentally and physically. I was cranky all weekend because I was so tired and couldn't get caught up.

I thought the bridge would re-open on Friday afternoon, so I drove the long way around in the morning, and it took nearly 3 hours to get home. When I take public transit, it's about 2 hours each way. Sigh.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

Whoa! Tell me that wasn't a suspicion! Did they really think you weren't feeding her?
    Im not 100% sure, but one of the nurses made it seem that way... Just one of the comments she made, and how she wanted to basically supervise a nursing session....

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Janeen, your nun looks pregnant with the three wise men triplets!
    :

LOL Awesome costumes Janeen!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Im not 100% sure, but one of the nurses made it seem that way... Just one of the comments she made, and how she wanted to basically supervise a nursing session....
    It was probably just a precaution...I don't think they wanted to suspect you of anything, but they have to make sure, you know? I'm sorry it's been such an ordeal for you. Is there still fighting going on at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess these days of four+-hour commutes are completely exhausting me, mentally and physically. I was cranky all weekend because I was so tired and couldn't get caught up.

I thought the bridge would re-open on Friday afternoon, so I drove the long way around in the morning, and it took nearly 3 hours to get home. When I take public transit, it's about 2 hours each way. Sigh.
    Oh, Lydia, that's so hard. I hope they fix the bridge soon.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess -- WE ARE HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!!

She's still down in weight, but after monitoring, I think they realized that I AM feeding my baby, and theres nothing they are doing for us in the hospital that I can't do at home!
    Glad you all are home.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I thought that I was ready to move to adoption but we have put the process on hold. I don't think that I have quite given up yet on the idea of having a genetic baby....and now that I'm trying to lose weight again, maybe that will jumpstart things. Plus DH and I are not really that active so maybe a lot of the times I was trying to time it right, I wasn't. And I was worried that we might get a child and have bonding/attachment issues and I'm having a hard time justifying spending our pretty much entire savings for adoption. Plus my aunt is pushing us to think about foster care to adopt...which is how she got my cousins....in a few years if we still don't have a child.

So now that we just signed a year lease a few weeks ago, we are back to a house. We are looking at building next year....waiting to see if they extend the tax credit because if they do, we will try to build sooner and get it. If not, probably looking at having the house ready for next fall...usually takes 4-5 months to build.
    We are chatting with one bank on Friday. Didn't think that it would be an issue because we were approved earlier this year for a 290k house and we are looking at about 180K to build. Until I found out that at least some banks are requiring 20-25% down for new construction. We were going to do 10-15% down...NOT 20.

So yeah I'm driving DH nuts because we have this money and can do adoption or a house....and I keep changing my mind on which I want more. He was joking with me and calling me Brett Farve (ok we are in WI and Packer fans so this is a definite dig).
    Of course DH is not being helpful at all. He is ok with either and has no preference....well he does. His is to stay renting because it's cheap, he hates moving and likes to see his savings grow. So he just says for me to pick and he is good with either but just to make up my mind already and stop making his head hurt with the back and forth and talking about the same thing over and over.
    He says what he really wants most is me to be happy.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    I thought that I was ready to move to adoption but we have put the process on hold. I don't think that I have quite given up yet on the idea of having a genetic baby....and now that I'm trying to lose weight again, maybe that will jumpstart things. Plus DH and I are not really that active so maybe a lot of the times I was trying to time it right, I wasn't. And I was worried that we might get a child and have bonding/attachment issues and I'm having a hard time justifying spending our pretty much entire savings for adoption. Plus my aunt is pushing us to think about foster care to adopt...which is how she got my cousins....in a few years if we still don't have a child.

So now that we just signed a year lease a few weeks ago, we are back to a house. We are looking at building next year....waiting to see if they extend the tax credit because if they do, we will try to build sooner and get it. If not, probably looking at having the house ready for next fall...usually takes 4-5 months to build.
    We are chatting with one bank on Friday. Didn't think that it would be an issue because we were approved earlier this year for a 290k house and we are looking at about 180K to build. Until I found out that at least some banks are requiring 20-25% down for new construction. We were going to do 10-15% down...NOT 20.

So yeah I'm driving DH nuts because we have this money and can do adoption or a house....and I keep changing my mind on which I want more. He was joking with me and calling me Brett Farve (ok we are in WI and Packer fans so this is a definite dig).
    Of course DH is not being helpful at all. He is ok with either and has no preference....well he does. His is to stay renting because it's cheap, he hates moving and likes to see his savings grow. So he just says for me to pick and he is good with either but just to make up my mind already and stop making his head hurt with the back and forth and talking about the same thing over and over.
    He says what he really wants most is me to be happy.
    I think a house would be a better investment than renting.(I am really starting to loathe renting) Well if you own the home. You have the rest of your lives to save money.
    If you think you should TTC again more power to you and I hope you get your BFP!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I confess that it's November 3rd and I only have 400ish words for NaNoWriMo.

Ashley - I'm so happy that they're finally getting off your butt!!! Come on Charlie, put on some pudge! My friend's son is having trouble gaining weight, too, and her first pedi actually said that he'd rather the baby be on formula so he could have proof of how much he eats daily (as opposed to her denying him the boob? I don't get it )

Lydia - I totally thought of you and my other Bay Area friends when the bridge closed... I'm so sorry you guys had to deal with that!!! I can't even imagine... that thing is such an important part of everyone's commute.

Sorry you are so torn Jennifer. You have 2 very big totally different decisions to make.

4 Hours? O...M...G...
    I hope your bridge gets fixed ASAP!!! That is beyond unimaginable!

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I confess that it's November 3rd and I only have 400ish words for NaNoWriMo.

Ashley - I'm so happy that they're finally getting off your butt!!! Come on Charlie, put on some pudge! My friend's son is having trouble gaining weight, too, and her first pedi actually said that he'd rather the baby be on formula so he could have proof of how much he eats daily (as opposed to her denying him the boob? I don't get it )

Lydia - I totally thought of you and my other Bay Area friends when the bridge closed... I'm so sorry you guys had to deal with that!!! I can't even imagine... that thing is such an important part of everyone's commute.
    I have no idea why I quoted you...I must have got click happy. LOL...although I have no idea what Nano WriMo is...
    Last edited by rhiannasmoms43; 11-03-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It was probably just a precaution...I don't think they wanted to suspect you of anything, but they have to make sure, you know? I'm sorry it's been such an ordeal for you. Is there still fighting going on at home?
    Unfortunately yes, but DH's work situation is looking up, and as soon as we have some money coming in we are moving out.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post

Thats so horrible... I know from my situation, your friend probably feels bad enough that her son isn't gaining, much less for a doctor to say that and make her feel like he thinks she is starving him!!

I confess -- Our vehicle is a "loaner" (of sorts) from my parents... My dad recently told me that DH was not allowed to drive it because he hasn't found a job yet. Well he had an interview yesterday, and my mom and I had plans at the same time, so he drove the truck to it. On his way to meet up with us, someone sideswiped him, and now we have to deal with all the insurance, etc........................ and calling my dad and telling him that DH was driving the truck........

I confess -- Our vehicle is a "loaner" (of sorts) from my parents... My dad recently told me that DH was not allowed to drive it because he hasn't found a job yet. Well he had an interview yesterday, and my mom and I had plans at the same time, so he drove the truck to it. On his way to meet up with us, someone sideswiped him, and now we have to deal with all the insurance, etc........................ and calling my dad and telling him that DH was driving the truck........

Yikes, I hope that dad is understanding. He was on the way to an interview and hopefully there wasn't too much damage.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Lydia, hope that your commute is getting better. I can't even begin to imagine a FOUR hour commute! That is how long it takes to get to the other side of the state and when we drive that a few times a year to visit family, it's MORE than long enough feeling!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh . . . . CRAP.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Hey where is everyone! I confess I'm bored! DH is watching an anime movie and I have nothing to do.

I confess I'm here but totally exhausted. What's up?

Not much! Just browsing online! I might just go to bed and read or something, in a little bit.

I confess APA is way slow tonight. To liven things up, here's a cute kid comment from work today.

Me: What do you do with a toaster?
    Kid: You put toaster strudels in it!

That is cute!
    I'm lurking in a chat room, and refreshing APA and twitter...lol

I'm off to read in bed, I think. I'm tired of being tired all the time!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I tried to hold Ronin and rock him to sleep and it's now been two hours and I gave up. I came out to the living room, dh went in there, and he lasted 10 minutes before coming out again. I handled Ronin's waking-up-every-hour for 15 months better than this. It's a new level of frustration. The other thing is that Claire goes to sleep quickly and easily, so I know it's just Ro's mind that can't shut down, and not anything specific I'm doing to screw up his sleep. Still, I can't help but wonder if I should be doing or should have done something different.

Also, the vaccine debates are driving me crazy.

That is all.

Lydia- must be something in the air. I was up ALL NIGHT between Savana and Kai. I got up for my day at 5:30 and I'm dragging. They are 2 and 4! When will they sleep through the night!? Savana ususally does actually but Kai is another story.
    I confess that ;my mom gets the results of her latest scan today to see if the chemo treatments have been working on the cancer in her body. I am going nuts thinking about the possible outcomes. I just don't know if her emotional stability could take another blow. Or my dads. Between losing my cousin and finding out my dad's best friend has brain cancer, it has been a really rough two weeks for them.
    I confess that Savana and Kai are driving me totally batty with their "poopy" talk. It's poopy this and poopy that all the time. I tell them I don't like it, and that it is bathroom talk. So the little stinkers go stand in the bathroom and say and say "poopypoopypoopypoopy" It's so annoying, but really that's all it is, so I know I need to just chill out and let it go but it BUGS me!
    I confess that my cousin is getting married next weekend and it's a catholic ceremony which means really long with a full mass. I'ts a child friendly wedding but I'm nervous to bring Savana and Kai to the ceremony. They have never been to church and would not know why or how to sit still and be quiet for an hour. I'm considering leaving them and dbf at the hotel but I know my family will all be like, "Why didn't you bring them?" and I'm going to have to say "Um, because they have no idea how to act in church."
    Last edited by Bridget; 11-04-2009 at 05:29 AM.

I tried to hold Ronin and rock him to sleep and it's now been two hours and I gave up. I came out to the living room, dh went in there, and he lasted 10 minutes before coming out again. I handled Ronin's waking-up-every-hour for 15 months better than this. It's a new level of frustration. The other thing is that Claire goes to sleep quickly and easily, so I know it's just Ro's mind that can't shut down, and not anything specific I'm doing to screw up his sleep. Still, I can't help but wonder if I should be doing or should have done something different.

Also, the vaccine debates are driving me crazy.

That is all.
    I'm driving myself batty with the vaccine information I have gathered. I have come to the conclusion that the only correct decision is the one that turned out well when you looked back
    Your bridge is open! Hurray for shorter commutes!
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Lydia- must be something in the air. I was up ALL NIGHT between Savana and Kai. I got up for my day at 5:30 and I'm dragging. They are 2 and 4! When will they sleep through the night!? Savana ususally does actually but Kai is another story.
    I confess that ;my mom gets the results of her latest scan today to see if the chemo treatments have been working on the cancer in her body. I am going nuts thinking about the possible outcomes. I just don't know if her emotional stability could take another blow. Or my dads. Between losing my cousin and finding out my dad's best friend has brain cancer, it has been a really rough two weeks for them.
    I confess that Savana and Kai are driving me totally batty with their "poopy" talk. It's poopy this and poopy that all the time. I tell them I don't like it, and that it is bathroom talk. So the little stinkers go stand in the bathroom and say and say "poopypoopypoopypoopy" It's so annoying, but really that's all it is, so I know I need to just chill out and let it go but it BUGS me!
    I confess that my cousin is getting married next weekend and it's a catholic ceremony which means really long with a full mass. I'ts a child friendly wedding but I'm nervous to bring Savana and Kai to the ceremony. They have never been to church and would not know why or how to sit still and be quiet for an hour. I'm considering leaving them and dbf at the hotel but I know my family will all be like, "Why didn't you bring them?" and I'm going to have to say "Um, because they have no idea how to act in church."
    Ick on Catholic ceremonies. Take the kids! They will be your excuse to disappear for a bit
    Sorry about your mom. BTDT and it is terrible.

The way I feel about any and all vax is you have to do what you feel is right for you and your family, not what your doctor says, not what the media says and not what a bunch of women on a forum say. LOL

I confess that I am going into menopause.
    I confess that menopause is a nasty state to be in. I have been getting so wired up over the silliest things that I am grinding/clenching my teeth 24/7. I have actually broke 3 fillings because of this.

I confess that my cat came back! He has been gone since Halloween night and we had posters up, an ad in the newspaper, phoned all the vets/ animal control/ Humane society to leave his stats. He has a brutal cough that got 150% worse from being exposed to the elements (rain, hail, sub-zero temp) for the last 4 days, but he is home and eating like a horse
    Last edited by rhiannasmoms43; 11-04-2009 at 06:51 AM.

I'm so glad your kitty came back! Sorry you're going through menopause though

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    Ick on Catholic ceremonies. Take the kids! They will be your excuse to disappear for a bit
    Sorry about your mom. BTDT and it is terrible.
    Thanks.
    And don't think I didn't think that about ditching out early. If they do behave I might have to pinch one of them or something.