Page 182 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 821321721801811821831841922322826821182 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Funny, I'm TOTALLY irrational about spiders too. But I convince myself that its not totally irrational, since there are poisonous spiders. But really, its irrational. There aren't a lot of dangerous spiders up here. You should have seen me when I visited Australia. I was a bit of a basket case.
    Norah! (3 yr)

2. Default

I confess -- The dentist office called me back to come in today. I saw a new dentist (wow.. he was sexy!!!) and he said its not a mass -- its a MAJOR infection, and they drained my cheek... He said it was the most puss hes seen come out of something like that. I go in tomorrow to have the drain removed, and then they will do an apexectomy or something like that to remove the dead part of my tooth. He's pretty sure they can save the rest of it, and not have to pull the tooth.

AND they can get it all done before my insurance runs out!!!

so now we just cross our fingers that Charlie has gained some weight!!!

My mother, grandmother, and I used to joke that the first three Indiana Jones movies were made for each of us.
    My grandmother believes the only good snake is a dead snake.
    My mother could model for one of those cartoon women with a mouse in the house, shrieking while jumping up on furniture, and if she has a broom in her hand when it happens - STAY AWAY.
    I freak out for the buggies.

I had a work study for 2 years taking care of the animal room at college - mice, rats, gerbils, a ball python, retic python and boa constrictor. I used to take the boa out for walks on campus and let him slither in the grass when the quad was sunny. A snake that big leaves snake tracks (10'2", 42 lb)
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Ashley, when is Charlie's next weight check?

5. Default

This afternoon... I have to talk to the dr while we are there cause the dentist prescribed me antibiotics, but wasn't sure if they were ok to nurse on...

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    This afternoon... I have to talk to the dr while we are there cause the dentist prescribed me antibiotics, but wasn't sure if they were ok to nurse on...
    What's the antibiotic? Oh I sure hope you don't have to pump and dump because of them!

7. Default

Amoxicillin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Safefetus.com says this about Amoxicillin and breastfeeding:

* Excreted into milk in small amounts.
    * No adverse effects observed, however it can modify the bowel flora and interfere with the interpretation of culture results in exposed infants.

It is also listed under the Selected List of Medications approved by the AAP for use in breastfeeding mothers (AAP list revised 8/04), according to Kellymom.com. I hope you feel better soon!

Amoxicillin
    Breathe easy, dear Ashley. Per Kellymom, that is considered L1 (the safest) for breastfeeding. http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/...ml#Antibiotics

I was on it twice the first year I was nursing Liam.

10. Default

*sigh* good... I was going to look it up as soon as my pictures finished uploading..

I am already feeling loads better just from the release of pressure when they drained my cheek

I am glad you feel better Ashley
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I have to join the list of those with irrational fear of spiders. How is it there are so many of us?

Sunrider, why is the word "slither" so interesting?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Eek, sorry ladies. I ran across that insect photography link on one of favorite political blog sites (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/) and thought it was horribly fascinating...and because it is so close to Halloween, lol. And it was super late .

Atenielle, your mouth must feel soooo much better!

Gwennero I think slither is cool because it is an example of onomatopoeia, or words that sound like their meaning.

I don't think it's an *irrational* fear at all. They move fast, some jump, some bite. They're out to get us. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by adlibby View Post
    Gwennero I think slither is cool because it is an example of onomatopoeia, or words that sound like their meaning.
    That must be why. Anyway, it's an awesome word.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

omfg!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    omfg!!!!!!!!!!
    ?????!!!!

Wow, I haven't thought about that word since high school!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I don't think it's an *irrational* fear at all. They move fast, some jump, some bite. They're out to get us. LOL
    Don't I know it!

omfg!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT???

19. Default

I didn't get a chance to update yesterday. Charlie didn't loose - but she didn't gain either.... They are giving us until today for her to GAIN or else she will be admitted....

?????!!!!
    Whats up? Please dish.

I didn't get a chance to update yesterday. Charlie didn't loose - but she didn't gain either.... They are giving us until today for her to GAIN or else she will be admitted....
    I bet she will gain. Norah did the same thing. Took her a while to get going and then she was off like a rocket. Good luck!!!
    Norah! (3 yr)

21. Default

I hope so! The one pedi did say something about She wonders if perhaps they got a false birth weight -- like maybe they didn't zero out the scale properly before weighing her... Though they are still concerned that she is not gaining, whether the original weight was correct or not.

I don't suppose you could slip a small rock into her diaper right before they put her on the scale, could you? Just to give her a little extra time?

LOL, just kidding. I think my halo has slipped as I'm feeling really evil.

Wow sunrider. LOL

What?!?!? <innocent look on face>

ETA: It even came with an "evil disclaimer"!

25. Default

lmao Krista!! If they weren't weighing her diaper-less I might think about it

Okay Guys I feel better. Just a breif moment of insane hormones

Okay Guys I feel better. Just a breif moment of insane hormones
    lol, what, hormones?

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    What?!?!? <innocent look on face>

ETA: It even came with an "evil disclaimer"!
    I know just poking fun at ya

lmao Krista!! If they weren't weighing her diaper-less I might think about it
    WOW. With Liam it was always just a freshly changed diaper.
    I guess she's weighed naked cause weight is so much of an issue.

Come on Charlie - chub it up!

30. Default

So... the pediatrician thinks either my milk hasnt come in very strong - its obvious i have SOME but my breasts aren't firm like they should be - or that I am not getting any letdown.

charlie weighed in again at 7.4, but she spit up and pooped right before they weighed her... Had she not done that she would have gained.... guaranteed. so they gave us one more day, and are having us supplement with a feeding tube while nursing