Page 181 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 811311711791801811821831912312816811181 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh Ashley! I'm sending pudgy baby vibes your way.

How is she nursing? I know you said your milk has come in (though I can't remember how long ago that was).
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

shutterbird Guest

Sending positive vibes Charlie's way! I hope she doesn't lose any more weight.

Alisha, lovely pictures! I'm glad you had a great wedding day.

Rin, I MISS YOU!!!

In other news, not relating to this sub-forum at all:

I confess: That is all!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I just thought I'd let you ladies know that I've had a miscarriage, so no June baby for me. I never told work I was pregnant, so I am going to keep it quiet about the miscarriage, too. Only close family knew. We'll be trying again, though, as soon as possible.

I never thought I'd have a miscarriage, but every woman in my close famiy has had one now including me. I'm very sad and DH and I have had a cry about it, but we know we can move on from this and will try again. Thank you all for your support!

Ashley
    Oh, I'm so sorry.

And c'mon Charlie. Chub up, girl!
    Norah! (3 yr)

shutterbird Guest

I just thought I'd let you ladies know that I've had a miscarriage, so no June baby for me. I never told work I was pregnant, so I am going to keep it quiet about the miscarriage, too. Only close family knew. We'll be trying again, though, as soon as possible.

I never thought I'd have a miscarriage, but every woman in my close famiy has had one now including me. I'm very sad and DH and I have had a cry about it, but we know we can move on from this and will try again. Thank you all for your support!

Ashley
    OH NO! I'm so so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Sending positive vibes Charlie's way! I hope she doesn't lose any more weight.

Alisha, lovely pictures! I'm glad you had a great wedding day.

Rin, I MISS YOU!!!

In other news, not relating to this sub-forum at all:

I confess: That is all!
    I confess too.

I miss Rin too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I confess I almost slapped DH this morning! I have really had enough with his language. I know I said I was just going to work on teaching Josh it's wrong, but it really amazes me how quickly DH has to turn to that kind of language to express how he feels. When I told him to say "I'm really angry!" or "Josh is frustrating me!" instead, he said "nobody uses those words. People swear." I said that doesn't make it right! I said that pretty much everyone I know think it's appalling when people swear in front of kids, he said "I don't use the words you do." I said sarcastically, do you need me to tell you what appalling means? And he said "um....I think it means disturbing..." (which I guess is close, lol)
    Josh and I were dressed up for a Halloween party and I wanted DH to take a picture of us but Josh was doing something else. DH got so frustratated about that, that he let out a string of swears. Yeah it was under his breath but I heard it. I told him to get away, he was just making it worse, and Josh was starting to cry. I raised a hand to DH and DH gave me a look like he would break my neck if I dared to do it. I know it was poor behavior on my part also but I am tired of just letting it go. And DH thinks all the times he *doesn't* swear should count as good behavior. Ha! I don't care about the ones you manage to hold back--I want all the swearing gone! If you can hold back some of them, hold them all back please!
    Last edited by daylilies; 10-26-2009 at 12:46 PM.

I'm so sorry for your loss Silver Star
    Teneille, Charlie will be staying home, I can just feel it. Gage did the same thing and I had to drive back to the hospital less than 24 hrs after I got out because he had lost so much weight and they wanted to bring him back in if nothing had changed...he gained 30 oz!!!!! Those little suckers know when they are in deep doodoo
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Ashley
    I am so very sorry.

Charlie, come on! You can do it!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    And DH thinks all the times he *doesn't* swear should count as good behavior. Ha! I don't care about the ones you manage to hold back--I want all the swearing gone! If you can hold back some of them, hold them all back please!
    One "Oh, $hit!" wipes out all the "Atta Boy!'s". Or I think that's how it goes, .

Quote Originally Posted by adlibby View Post
    One "Oh, $hit!" wipes out all the "Atta Boy!'s". Or I think that's how it goes, .
    LOL
    It's like if I said I ate healthy all week and then on Friday I had a huge plate of nachos! Mmm, nachos...

11. Default

I confess today sucks... After the whole weight check this morning, I finally had a dentist appointment to get this tooth looked at. I have a golf ball size lump in my cheek, and I thought it was infection from this tooth.

Well, I have a consult with the oral surgeon next monday because the dentist said either the tooth is VERY infected (Which he doesnt think is the case because of how hard the lump is, plus the fact that its not draining) OR it's a mass that needs to be removed and biopsied.

Either way, he said he is very worried.....

LOL
    It's like if I said I ate healthy all week and then on Friday I had a huge plate of nachos! Mmm, nachos...

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess today sucks... After the whole weight check this morning, I finally had a dentist appointment to get this tooth looked at. I have a golf ball size lump in my cheek, and I thought it was infection from this tooth.

Well, I have a consult with the oral surgeon next monday because the dentist said either the tooth is VERY infected (Which he doesnt think is the case because of how hard the lump is, plus the fact that its not draining) OR it's a mass that needs to be removed and biopsied.

Those are never words you want to hear from a doctor. So sorry.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Next Monday! Does it hurt a lot? Toothaches are the worst. I really feel for you.

15. Default

Yeah, next monday.. The receptionist "squeezed me in". She said he is booking 6 weeks out -- just for consults! but because of my insurance situation she helped me out..

The tooth itself doesn't hurt, its the lump in my cheek thats bothering me... and mainly just because it feels numb. like I've been shot with Novocain

Ick, sorry...

ACK Ash!!! When it rains it pours! I'm sorry! I hope the consult goes well and it's just a tooth issue and not something worse!! Hang in there mama! I hope Charlie's doing well and feeding well and I hope she's gained weight by the morning.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

WillowSpy--
    My MIL said she made a mistake with how she told me to make the meat pies. She doesn't use the Lebanese allspice in meat pies--she uses it in the little meat turnovers....so while I think it will taste fine, this is how she said she makes it--
    There's something called Bell seasoning--it's in a yellow sort of tin with a chicken on it. She says it's in supermarkets. She also uses ground cloves. She said she just puts a lot of those in until you can really smell it.

I'm sorry for everyone who is having trouble right now.

Do you all remember that video game Frogger? That's how this whole life thing feels to me sometimes.

I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess, I just found a really cool flickr photographer that has some amazing pics.

I confess, I'm not a huge fan of spiders but these photos are fascinating...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/opoterser/page2/

Ashley - big hugs. As if stress about Charlie's weight wasn't enough you have a tooth and lump to deal with.

I confess, I just found a really cool flickr photographer that has some amazing pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/opoterser/page2/
    Nope, can't do it. Great photography or not, the pics are making my skin crawl.

Heh...I saw the word spiders and decided not to go there.

Hey guys if you invited pretty much the whole family to your kid's birthday party/new house party and only your divorced mom and dad, stepmom and your mom's boyfriend RSVP'ed, and it would be terribly awkward to only have them there, what would you do?

ugh GAG.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Hey guys if you invited pretty much the whole family to your kid's birthday party/new house party and only your divorced mom and dad, stepmom and your mom's boyfriend RSVP'ed, and it would be terribly awkward to only have them there, what would you do?
    I would invite ANYONE else I could. Quick. Friends, coworkers, neighbors, whatev. That sounds like NO fun. I might call some of my family members that weren't going to come and let them know the situation and that I would owe them one if they could please, please, please get their butts there.
    Norah! (3 yr)

shutterbird Guest

I made the mistake of click on that link, and me... arachnophobic! *shudder*

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I think I'm ready to catch up, after being lame for a little while. Sorry if I miss stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    Love and miss you guys.
    We miss you too! I finished the last Outlander book, if you want to talk about it. Yes, you're right about the cliffhangers. Grrr.

I just thought I'd let you ladies know that I've had a miscarriage, so no June baby for me.
    I'm so sorry. I wish this hadn't happened to you. I'm going to keep hoping for another pregnancy for you as soon as you're ready.

Charlie had another weight check this morning, and she is still loosing weight.
    Grow, baby, grow!

I have a golf ball size lump in my cheek, and I thought it was infection from this tooth.
    I hope it's nothing serious! I one time had to get a referral to an oral surgeon because of a hard lump on my jaw. My dentist scared me to death. It turned out it is a normal anatomical variation, called exostosis.

Spiders are my foolish, embarrassing, and nearly debilitating fear. I looked at that site with the same fascination I save for bad car accidents.

Umm, yeah, I'd try to invite others as well, but I would also just be really grateful for the people who did RSVP and hope that maybe they'll just concentrate on the event and not each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Spiders are my foolish, embarrassing, and nearly debilitating fear. I looked at that site with the same fascination I save for bad car accidents.
    Yes, this is me - save I did not look long at those pictures (also cause I'm busy and have so much to do). But I have been known to levitate to another part of a room, while screaming for help, if presented with spiders and most insects in the house. And I swear they're trying to cocoon our house - webs EVERYWHERE!

I confess - my dear husband may have swine flu. He's not allowed back at work till Friday and then only if he's cleared at the doc appt Thursday. They took cultures for testing to confirm swine vs seasonal.

I confess I suspect he also has a raging UTI. Why do men not KNOW when they have a UTI like women do? Last weekend he complained of sudden and very sharp pains in the area of his kidneys. I said he should probably get to the dr to pee in a cup. This morning there was a tinge of blood in his urine. They are looking into that as well, but I doubt he would have gone to the doc for it if it weren't for a visit for the flu.