Page 173 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163171172173174175 183 223 273 673 1173 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Does anyone know if the Love and Logic book is good? I think I've seen some people talk about it here.
    I couldn't find the girlfriend's guide to toddlers. I found another girlfriend's guide, I think it was a pregnancy one or a baby one.
    I was about to buy Love and Logic but the line was long and Josh was not having it. I found it a little ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I just got home from an awesome evening out with Jimi. We splurged on a one hundred dollar dinner at a nice steakhouse, went and saw Couples Retreat which was funny and then I got to spend 200 dollars on clothes. I bought two bras, panties, three pairs of slacks, three blouses and even a really nice coat.

Happy anniversary to us even though it isn't until the 21st! lol
    Cool, so worth it? Our 7th wedding anniversary is Monday and we're planning on seeing it after a nice lunch together. We haven't seen a movie since my last trimester of pregnancy, so a movie will really be a treat.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Does anyone know if the Love and Logic book is good? I think I've seen some people talk about it here.
    I couldn't find the girlfriend's guide to toddlers. I found another girlfriend's guide, I think it was a pregnancy one or a baby one.
    I was about to buy Love and Logic but the line was long and Josh was not having it. I found it a little ironic.
    That's not one I've even heard of, so no idea.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that I have now lost 130 pounds!! Here is a pic taken today!!

30 more pounds to go!!!
    HOLY SHIZ!! You are seriously amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess my husband said the dumbest thing the other day. He said "It's so annoying how every time I turn around, the dishwasher is full of clean dishes."
    Sorry dear, I'll make a note to not run the dishwasher anymore.
    lmao. I love it! I could totally see that being said around this house! lol

I confess it was SO nice to spend the day with my mommy! and I even talked to my dad on the phone about 4 times since yesterday afternoon without him yelling at me, or calling DH names!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Cool, so worth it? Our 7th wedding anniversary is Monday and we're planning on seeing it after a nice lunch together. We haven't seen a movie since my last trimester of pregnancy, so a movie will really be a treat.
    We really enjoyed it. It had a lot of funny parts and a few "aww" parts too.

I confess we just got back from the ole karaoke joint. I told Jimi last week that if he wanted to have a few drinks, even though I didn't think he SHOULD (he has Hep C and has to be sober for 6 months before having a liver biopsy and starting chemotherapy), I wouldn't be mad at him just because I couldn't. He kept insisting he wasn't going to drink and didn't even want to. As we were leaving the house I heard him tell our friend that he was thinking about having a few. Ha...a few, lol. People were buying him shots left and right and he had way more than a few beers. He even partook in a bit of green, if you know what I mean.

Even though tons of people canceled and never showed, he says he has had an awesome birthday. Started with IHOP this morning, then we got his golf clubs, had lunch at a place with his favorite pastrami burger sandwich, went and got the first two seasons of Family Guy for him and then this evening. I'm glad he had a good time and he isn't acting like a drunken ass.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I confess I am not happy. I'm not sure how to make myself happy. I feel like my life is a catch 22 and no matter what I do, I'm going to end up unhappy for whatever reason. The saddest part is that I'm on anti-depressants, so while I am not crying and visibly unhappy, I still recognize this ache as unhappiness. I don't know where to go from here.
    Bean, is it a new thing or have you been depressed for a long time? Could it be where you have moved to?
    Although it sounds trite, your life is what you make it. If you want someone else to change, you have to change yourself first.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My sister is doing it again! She showed up to our dinner out last night and talked at length about how she and her dh were waiting to have children until after we were done, and now she doesn't know if we're ever going to stop. Then she said that she wanted the name Esme, but she can't use it because of us. Dh snapped at her, "Well, it's available again!"

I'm so sick of her being negative about everything, and I'm mad at myself for letting her ruin our dinner out and being irritated for this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    My sister is doing it again! She showed up to our dinner out last night and talked at length about how she and her dh were waiting to have children until after we were done, and now she doesn't know if we're ever going to stop. Then she said that she wanted the name Esme, but she can't use it because of us. Dh snapped at her, "Well, it's available again!"

I'm so sick of her being negative about everything, and I'm mad at myself for letting her ruin our dinner out and being irritated for this long.
    How totally insensivive and idiotic. I am so sorry! Why does she want to wait until you are done having kids before she has any?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    How totally insensivive and idiotic. I am so sorry! Why does she want to wait until you are done having kids before she has any?

She says "To avoid competition." This is only the latest in a long series of reasons she's not having children.
    1. She wants to focus on her career.
    2. She doesn't want to get fat.
    3. She was diagnosed with a clotting disorder and therefore shouldn't get pregnant.
    4. She doesn't want competition between our children.
    5. I stole her favorite baby name and ruined it.

It's been pretty obvious that she doesn't want to have children, but I'm unhappy that she's now publicly trying to lay the blame on me.

I'm getting madder and madder the more I think about it, and at this point I don't ever feel like seeing her again (not just because of this). I am upset after every time we talk because she is so unrelentingly angry and selfish.

I know how hard it is, because she's family, but sometimes you really have to cut toxic people out of your life. She sounds almost cruel.

I confess that I have now lost 130 pounds!! Here is a pic taken today!!

30 more pounds to go!!!
    You look AMAZING!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

She says "To avoid competition." This is only the latest in a long series of reasons she's not having children.
    1. She wants to focus on her career.
    2. She doesn't want to get fat.
    3. She was diagnosed with a clotting disorder and therefore shouldn't get pregnant.
    4. She doesn't want competition between our children.
    5. I stole her favorite baby name and ruined it.

It's been pretty obvious that she doesn't want to have children, but I'm unhappy that she's now publicly trying to lay the blame on me.

I'm getting madder and madder the more I think about it, and at this point I don't ever feel like seeing her again (not just because of this). I am upset after every time we talk because she is so unrelentingly angry and selfish.
    her!
    It sounds like her real problem is she just doesn't want to have kids. So why does she keep coming up with the lame "excuses"?

Jenny, you look amazing! It must feel even more amazing, though. I am in awe!!!! I need to tell DH about you He's currently in the middle of his own weightloss battle - aims to loose about 40lbs, down 6lbs so far.

Lydia... judging from her reasons, your sister very obviously either does not want to have children or is very scared of having children and she is trying to blame her decisions on you and DH because it's easier to blame someone else than publicly admit that you simply do not want children. I hope she realizes how childish she sounds and how much she's hurting you

She sounds like a royal b to the double itch. How much more oblivious can you be?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Lydia, sorry to hear about your sister. I agree that she doesn't want to deal with the fact that she doesn't want children and is trying to blame someone else for it. In your position I probably would have snapped at her for the name comment.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Lydia

Your sister is being cruel. Were you two ever close? Did you ever have a good relationship? How close in age are you??

Jenny, wow, you are awesome! I'm sure those 30 pounds will come off soon with how well you've done so far.

Lydia, I'm sorry your sister is being such a numnuts. That's just not cool what she said. It sounds like you need some time away from her and her negativity.

Your sister is being cruel. Were you two ever close? Did you ever have a good relationship? How close in age are you??
    Dh is telling me I just need to stop caring about the things she says. That I could stop seeing her but it wouldn't make any difference because I'd still care and I'd get endless grief. So I'm trying to let it go.

We were close when we were very little and close for a while in my mid-to-late twenties, spanning the time before and after I moved out here to California, only a short ways away from her. After a time I realized that her constant negativity and grudge-nursing was difficult to be around--not just for me, but for anyone who greeted her after a long absence only to be harangued about wearing horizontal stripes. She wouldn't listen to me when I suggested she might try more friendliness and fewer insults or complaining, and I think it's just a pattern she has been in so long, she can't relate to people any other way.

The Christmas after Esme died she got really upset with me for taking a road trip to Death Valley over the long weekend. I told her we just wanted to get away, and she asked me to think about her for a change instead of my own disappointments, because she'd had her heart set on hosting a Christmas party and now her Christmas wasn't turning out the way she expected.

We're 20 months, 5 miles, and a whole attitude apart.

--------------------------------

I just jumped on here this morning with my own stuff, and didn't have a chance to say Congratulations Jenny for your extraordinary accomplishment. You look fantastic!

---------------------------------

Cass,

---------------------------------

And now the unrelated website of 25 people with gross nails. View at your own risk.

about your sister Lydia. Its so hard to be around people who bring nothing but negativity to the table.

And I am so not viewing that link right now.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

20. Default

Lydia, I am so sorry about your sister... I know how it feels to be so physically close to a sibling, yet SO far away in attitude, etc. (I lived just across the hall from my brother when he told me he didn't care if I miscarried while I was pregnant with Audrianna)

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Lydia, I am so sorry about your sister... I know how it feels to be so physically close to a sibling, yet SO far away in attitude, etc. (I lived just across the hall from my brother when he told me he didn't care if I miscarried while I was pregnant with Audrianna)
    OMG you are 40 weeks today!!!!

22. Default

Oh yeah... I confess -- HOLY 40 WEEKS! lmao... I should take a belly pic for ya'll and compare to 40 weeks with Audri! I feel tiny! lol

My MIL even commented - "Are you sure of your due date!? You aren't very big, and not swollen or puffy or anything! For being due anyday now you look great!"

Are you sure of your due date?

I want to see a belly picture Ash!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I want to see a belly picture Ash!!
    Yes ditto.

Me too Ashley!!!

I confess I finally finished Evie's stuff

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...d.php?t=205219

And now the unrelated website of 25 people with gross nails. View at your own risk.
    Yes, they are truly gross. Where's a threw-up-a-little-in-my-mouth smilie when you need one?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

First, Jenny, you look fantastic! What an acomplishment!

Lydia, I can't imagine what it would feel like to hear your sister say such horrible things. No matter what her motivations, its downright mean.

And the nails... gross. But I must confess that in college I once dated a guys who stoped cutting his toenails just to see how long they would get. He had to wear sandals all the time. In the winter. In Bavaria. He was super-cool. But he did play guitar, which trumps a lot when you're 18.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    Are you sure of your due date?
    We are about 99.9% sure of the date of conception, so Yeah, I'd say im pretty sure of my due date. I'll have to go take a pic