Page 167 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 671171571651661671681691772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #4981

    Default

    Glad you had fun at Renfest! I bet it was a bit cold. Did you take Audri?

  2. Default

    Yeah.. Audri went with us.. She loved seeing everyone all dressed up, and she almost went on an elephant ride, but got scared. I didn't want her to freak out the elephant, so she didn't go.

  3. #4983
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    I confess we're taking the babies out to Treasure Island to see the Blue Angels.


  4. #4984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Yeah.. Audri went with us.. She loved seeing everyone all dressed up, and she almost went on an elephant ride, but got scared. I didn't want her to freak out the elephant, so she didn't go.
    Cool!
    Your Renfest has elephants--neat! I didn't see any animals at ours, but there were some cute rides.

  5. Default

    There was an elephant, 2 camels, quite a few horses, and at least one alpaca... That I saw. I think there was a bit that we missed...

    I confess my sMIL told me today that even though I am 9 months pregnant my housekeeping skills are "slacking" even though I haven't stopped or started doing anything different than I have in the past 6 months....

    All this after she told DH that we were bad parents for taking Audrianna to friends houses with us instead of dumping her with the grandparents... Even though all we do at friends houses is watch tv, and hang out... maybe play video games... Same things we'd be doing at home?!

  6. #4986

    Default

    I confess...

    We're skipping Thanksgiving entirely this year. Is that bad? DH has to work anyway, its not a holiday here.



    I just heard a little kid outside chanting "Attica! Attica! Attica!"



    I really need a haircut.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

  7. #4987

    Default

    It's been a looooooong day. I confess there are some days where I really really really dislike being responsible for another human being. This was one of those days.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  8. #4988
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that my mom sent me two pictures today of my youngest niece and nephew. I thought they were really cute so I posted them in the Pictures section but no one has paid any attention to them...so, lucky for you, this has made me decide to post them here!

    Taylor and Kaleb. Kaleb was just born like a week or so ago.





    My mom told me that Taylor had been trying to get her hands on Kaleb since they brought him over (they are cousins) but they wouldn't let her. So when my mom put him in Taylors arms to take the picture, Taylor looked at her like she was but then didn't want to let go!

    On a completely side note, I confess that my back pain is back and in full effect. My right groin area has been hurting from I assume ligaments stretching. It has now radiated into my right hip and my right lower back is hurting again too. Fun for the whole family!

    ETA - Is it just me or does Kaleb appear to have big, funky ear lobes?
    Last edited by Janeen; 10-11-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  9. #4989

    Default

    I confess.......they are beautiful Janeen! And also.....
    10 weeks!!!! Really?? Already!!?? LOL! YAY!

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  10. #4990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    On a completely side note, I confess that my back pain is back and in full effect. My right groin area has been hurting from I assume ligaments stretching. It has now radiated into my right hip and my right lower back is hurting again too. Fun for the whole family!

    ETA - Is it just me or does Kaleb appear to have big, funky ear lobes?
    Cute pics!

    Going to see a chiropractor or physical therapist night help with some of the pain in your hip and back - especially as you get larger things that were only kind of out of whack before will get REALLY out of whack. Insurance sometimes pays for chiropractic.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  11. #4991
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I confess.......they are beautiful Janeen! And also.....
    10 weeks!!!! Really?? Already!!?? LOL! YAY!
    Really!!! LOL, my next appointment is not this Friday but the Friday after at 12w2d and I can't wait! I will be seeing the OB doctor for the first time so hopefully he will do an ultrasound. it will be like hmmmm, my fourth one. Haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Cute pics!

    Going to see a chiropractor or physical therapist night help with some of the pain in your hip and back - especially as you get larger things that were only kind of out of whack before will get REALLY out of whack. Insurance sometimes pays for chiropractic.
    If it gets worse I will think about seeing one. I have kind of a mild phobia of chiropractors I think, lol. Like this LPN at my work is always popping coworkers backs and I just think about how I could never trust someone to do that to me! It's kind of weird since I pop it myself by just turning around but I don't think I could trust someone else to do it.


    On another side note, I confess that even though I have lost three pounds since becoming pregnant...I already feel like my belly is growing a little bit. It's sticking out further than my boobs now! Jimi keeps saying it looks the same but I think he is just trying to be nice. My coworker told me the other day she had noticed too.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  12. #4992

    Default

    Janeen, I am the same way about chiropractors. I went when I was pg for a few sessions and skipped the signature neck twist pop - I cannot deal with that one at all.

    But I saw a PT and it did me a lot of good.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  13. #4993
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Janeen, I am the same way about chiropractors. I went when I was pg for a few sessions and skipped the signature neck twist pop - I cannot deal with that one at all.

    But I saw a PT and it did me a lot of good.
    Seee, and I even pop my neck myself but someone else doing it?? Naaaahhhh, no thanks!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  14. #4994
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Little Slice of Country Paradise
    Posts
    41,200

    Default

    Adorable pictures Janeen!
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

  15. #4995
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    Adorable pictures Janeen!
    My family does make pretty cute babies. I better not have the first ugly one either.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  16. #4996
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    But no one answered my question about whether or not Kaleb has big, funky earlobes??
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  17. #4997
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Little Slice of Country Paradise
    Posts
    41,200

    Default

    I think they are normal earlobes. They just look bigger because hes an itty bitty.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

  18. #4998
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    I think they are normal earlobes. They just look bigger because hes an itty bitty.
    I dunno, they look pretty fat to me. Sounds like I am gonna have to tease my little brother about it.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  19. #4999

    Default

    AW his ears are perfect. And that was one of my biggest fears - having an ugly baby. One that people would say "AWWWW how cute", but silently saying...."UMMMM EWW!!!".

    Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

  20. #5000
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    AW his ears are perfect. And that was one of my biggest fears - having an ugly baby. One that people would say "AWWWW how cute", but silently saying...."UMMMM EWW!!!".
    Yeah, I have vowed to be an honest parent when it comes to the cuteness of MY baby. I know ugly babies when I see one dammit! LOL
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  21. #5001

    Default

    I confess I was just talking with this guy I kinda had a thing for in HS/early college. I confess it's probably not a good idea we're chatting, it's been really innocent but I think I'm confident enough about where I am in my relationship with DH. . .
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)


  22. #5002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Yeah, I have vowed to be an honest parent when it comes to the cuteness of MY baby. I know ugly babies when I see one dammit! LOL
    LOL, you are sooo funny!!

    I remember hearing about how all moms think their babies are cute no matter what, but that is not true. I thought Elle was pretty un-cute, not really ugly though, for about 3.5 months. She looked too much like DH and didn't get cute really until 4 months. I was pretty worried about it and am so happy she prettied up!

    Erin

  23. #5003
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    LOL, you are sooo funny!!

    I remember hearing about how all moms think their babies are cute no matter what, but that is not true. I thought Elle was pretty un-cute, not really ugly though, for about 3.5 months. She looked too much like DH and didn't get cute really until 4 months. I was pretty worried about it and am so happy she prettied up!

    Erin
    Yeah see, even if they're uncute...I will still hold on to hope that they grow into some cuteness in the near future!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  24. #5004

    Default

    Forgot to mention, I do think Kayleb' earlobes are pretty fat. But I'm sure he'll fatten up anyway and you won't notice them. Elle had a HUGE nose, in fact her nose was the same size it is now when she was born! But it fits her pretty well now.

    Erin

  25. #5005
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    I confess that I wanted to log on from here in the USA to let you guys know that............









    I'm pregnant! Due in June! Yay!

    Please, no mention of this on Facebook since I have loads of work people on there!

  26. #5006
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I wanted to log on from here in the USA to let you guys know that............









    I'm pregnant! Due in June! Yay!

    Please, no mention of this on Facebook since I have loads of work people on there!
    Congrats!

  27. #5007
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm pregnant! Due in June! Yay!
    Oh YAY! I'm so excited for you! You know, a lot of the June mamas are hanging out in May just because it's fun in there. You should do it too.
    -----------------------
    I confess I thought I knew ugly babies too, having worked in a newborn nursery before. Somehow, it's all different when it comes to your own children. I look back on the early pictures with Claire and Ronin, when their hair was patchy and their skin was blotchy and Claire had newborn acne and their skulls bulged out from lying on one side or the other and I realize they weren't nearly as cute as I thought they were at the time.


  28. #5008
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that my brother is really really pissing me off.
    Bridget, I'm sorry I keep skipping over your posts about your brother because I really don't know what to say. I'm so sorry that you're in this difficult position of wanting to support his lifestyle and who he's becoming, and disliking the person he's becoming at the same time. Unfortunately, he can't take all the time in the world getting used to his new life and playing with being selfish, because he doesn't have all the time in the world. He's going to really regret not spending this time with his mother eventually, but I don't know that there is any way to make him realize it now.


  29. #5009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Bridget, I'm sorry I keep skipping over your posts about your brother because I really don't know what to say. I'm so sorry that you're in this difficult position of wanting to support his lifestyle and who he's becoming, and disliking the person he's becoming at the same time. Unfortunately, he can't take all the time in the world getting used to his new life and playing with being selfish, because he doesn't have all the time in the world. He's going to really regret not spending this time with his mother eventually, but I don't know that there is any way to make him realize it now.
    ITA - that's such a hard situation. I don't know what to say. You can only do what you think is best.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  30. #5010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I apologize for having a loud mouth here lately. I think the name change came with a set of balls.
    Awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Here here! (or is it hear! hear! ?)
    I love balls!
    I'm pretty sure it's "Hear! Hear!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    A beard trimmer set on the shortest setting is safer and easier than shaving, IMO.
    ITA - that's what I use and never have to deal with itchiness at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Yeah, I have vowed to be an honest parent when it comes to the cuteness of MY baby. I know ugly babies when I see one dammit! LOL
    I never claimed to have a cute baby (thought Tred and I both thought so), but we get sooo many comments at how cute Liam is, I figure I'm not just being a subjectively proud momma. He must be genuinely cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I wanted to log on from here in the USA to let you guys know that............
    I'm pregnant! Due in June! Yay!
    Wooo hooooo!!! Congrats!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •