Page 155 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 551051451531541551561571652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,650 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess Alisha just scared the SH!T out of me on FB, so much that Elmobo is crying!!! LOL

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I confess Alisha just scared the SH!T out of me on FB, so much that Elmobo is crying!!! LOL
    Was it the Michael Jackson video?

I hate that thing!

I saw that video before the um, extra content was added on and it creeped me out even then LOL

I confess, I have a question for all the atheists in here...

Do people who know you are an atheist automatically lower their standards or expectations for your morals/behavior?

I can't really answer that...you would have to ask them, you know? But I sometimes get a reaction like I said I have lice.
    Norah! (3 yr)

True, I guess all I can ask you guys is do you think they're doing it.

And LOL about the lice... because yes, atheism is highly contagious but can be shampooed out

I confess I feel a little demented. We're eating Annie's Cinnamon bunny grahams and madi's enjoying eating the bunnies that are hoppin into her mouth
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    Do people who know you are an atheist automatically lower their standards or expectations for your morals/behavior?
    Most of the people who know I'm atheist are themselves atheist. Or wiccan. So no, not really.

BUT, to turn this around a little, Tred did have a conversation a couple years ago with his MIL about me. MIL is SURE I'm godfearing BECAUSE of my morals/ethics/behavior/respect, etc. Which says to me that she believes atheists don't have respect for other people or any code or morals/ethics whatsoever.

We had a friend in our circle that has since been ostracized by the group. He and I got into as he firmly believed the same - you have to have religion in your life to have morals - atheists were/are incapable of being good and ethical people. Ironically he said this to a group of mostly atheists (he was the minority). We haven't spoken to him in years as it became a huge wedge between the group.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    MIL is SURE I'm godfearing BECAUSE of my morals/ethics/behavior/respect, etc.
    How funny!!!

Yea, I know my mother definitely does this. When she learned my DH (DBF at the time) wasn't Polish or Catholic, she wasn't happy. I figured that'd be that, and she wouldn't accept anyone who wasn't exactly like us... boy was I wrong! She started interrogating me about DH's religious beliefs and when I said "he doesn't really believe in any organized religion" she freaked out. Took me forever to explain the difference between atheists and agnostics to her And even then, she has her moments of doubt that he treats me right because, after all, he has no set moral guidelines...

See, I don't think hardly anyone I know knows or cares what religion I call myself and I feel the same way about them. I have family members on all points of the spectrum as far as morality and I don't know or care what religion they follow. I am proud to say my friends and family don't equate morals with religiousness.

I confess we need a graphic of a bunch of smilies running around saying "The sky is falling!" or maybe a drama llama.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess we need a graphic of a bunch of smilies running around saying "The sky is falling!" or maybe a drama llama.
    Oh, I totally support the drama llama graphic!!!

Back when I played WoW, a kid in our guild had a little crab he made out of text characters, and he'd spam in whenever someone was QQ-ing too much... he called it the QQ-crab and it basically told the person STFU NOW!

True, I guess all I can ask you guys is do you think they're doing it.

And LOL about the lice... because yes, atheism is highly contagious but can be shampooed out

Lots of nitpicking helps too...
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post

K. . .here we go. . .

I found a dramatic llama

and, speaking of llamas. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPDKHXWlLQ
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Oh, I totally support the drama llama graphic!!!

Back when I played WoW, a kid in our guild had a little crab he made out of text characters, and he'd spam in whenever someone was QQ-ing too much... he called it the QQ-crab and it basically told the person STFU NOW!
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Oh I know it scared the shiot out of me too! I screamed so loud. Poor Evie woke up too and was crying
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Lots of nitpicking helps too...
    awesome
    Norah! (3 yr)

19. Default

I confess i heard a girl on tv say "Shut the front door!" instead of STFU, and I think I may start using it just to annoy DH. lol

I confess I am tired of living with FIL and sMIL.... We were blamed for breaking the oven handle.. when all that happened was that it popped off the door, and DH was waiting for the oven to cool down so he could fix it. sMIL screamed about it for a good 15 minutes because "shes tired of us breaking all of their sh!t"

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess my dad called me tonight to ask me about my pregnancy. He said he was very surprised, that he wasn't expecting this, and then asked me if it was planned.

Pretty much the same as what my mom and my sister said.

Sigh.

Only dh and the people at work seem to be at all happy for me.

ETA: Oh, and you all.

21. Default

Lydia... I got the same reaction from all of my family... with BOTH pregnancies...

Lydia. We all know its wonderful! I'm always surprised when people ask "was it planned?" Even family, I mean, geez.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

I don't see why people aren't happy for you? It's a baby! An amazing thing!

Oh Lydia Why does family have to be so... dumb

I confess my mom asked me if it was planned, too. I've been talking her ear off about having a child since the day after the wedding...

And why to people care if a baby is planned or not? Like it makes it any less a baby?

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    And why to people care if a baby is planned or not? Like it makes it any less a baby?
    Ahhh but it apparently makes you less of a parent. Sigh. Phooey.

Whatever. I bet most babies aren't "planned".

28. Default

I confess my mom asked me if it was planned, too. I've been talking her ear off about having a child since the day after the wedding...
    Makes you feel like they've really been paying attention huh?

Neither of mine were... Doesn't mean I love them any less!

Oh yeah, it's hilarious how hypocritical most people are. My mom asked me the whole planned thing, with "that tone" in her voice... meanwhile I know that I was unplanned. I guess she forgot

I hate unsupportive family members! POOEY on them! Makes me sick. And also makes me so very thankful for my mom and dad. Elmobo was planned, but that was because we had 2 m/c's right before her conception. THOSE were unplanned....well.....the first baby was unplanned anyway. We didn't even WANT kids before that 1st m/c. Then after we lost the baby we knew we HAD to have one. UGH. What a road it's been.

My dad was VERY scared when I got pregnant with E. He didn't act excited, but I know it was only because he was scared I would m/c again. He started to get REALLY excited once I was around 4 months along. He completely switched to excitement rather than fear.

I hate unsupportive family members.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08