Page 141 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 41911311391401411421431511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Janeen that's wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!
    I'm trying not to get tooooooooooo excited but I just can't help it! I am so tired of cramming all of our stuff into this two bedroom (that has the spare room occupied), 850 sq foot apartment. When Jimi first asked me if I would be cool with getting a mobile, I said "as long as it isn't all trailer trashy"

I think we will be getting a brand new one from this place that does in house financing.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    When Jimi first asked me if I would be cool with getting a mobile, I said "as long as it isn't all trailer trashy"
    I've seen some really nice ones. Good luck this weekend!!
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    I've seen some really nice ones. Good luck this weekend!!
    Yeah me too. My mom had a really nice triple wide. And while we won't get one that big probably...I know it will still be nice. I won't settle for less.

Yeah, I've seen some nice ones too! And later on down the road, you could always build a basement underneath it too! Like when you save enough or whatever! My aunt had an awesome double wide put on top of a basement. Made for an awesome rec room!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Well we will actually only be living in it for a few years. Until I get out of school and our bankruptcy is far enough behind us to actually buy a house. We are taking this route because it will be a cheap way to own for now and these people do in house financing. We will plan on either renting it out for enough to cover the mortgage on the mobile home or selling it. However, if worse comes to worse...the woman at this place said since it's in house financing, if something happens and we can't finish paying it off, they just take it back and sell it to someone without even putting it on your credit. Weird I know, but that's how they roll at this place apparently. However, we won't go that route, but it's nice to know if something did happen we wouldn't be foreclosing again.

POAS!! POAS!!! Sorry, i'm a POAS pusher!
    If I don't chicken out, I will tomorrow morning. It's my birthday tomorrow!

I'm really hoping this is it, but seriously, it's probably just stress.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Well we will actually only be living in it for a few years. Until I get out of school and our bankruptcy is far enough behind us to actually buy a house. We are taking this route because it will be a cheap way to own for now and these people do in house financing. We will plan on either renting it out for enough to cover the mortgage on the mobile home or selling it. However, if worse comes to worse...the woman at this place said since it's in house financing, if something happens and we can't finish paying it off, they just take it back and sell it to someone without even putting it on your credit. Weird I know, but that's how they roll at this place apparently. However, we won't go that route, but it's nice to know if something did happen we wouldn't be foreclosing again.
    Great idea! WOOHOO I love plans in motion!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    If I don't chicken out, I will tomorrow morning. It's my birthday tomorrow!

I'm really hoping this is it, but seriously, it's probably just stress.
    I'm crossing everything for you!

Thanks!

And, Janeen, my aunt has a really nice double wide and they built a really cool patio out behind it. It's gorgeous. Congrats!

Happy birfday gwennero!

Aww...thanks!

Oh Happy birthday! I had no clue. LOL. I'm good like that!

Thanks!

I met Jimi the day before his birthday, on October 16th and I went to celebrate it that night with him and his friends. The following year I bought him all of this stuff for his birthday including a bookmark that said October 16th and had all of this stuff about people born on that day. He read every single bit of it and then said "Wow, that's REALLY cool honey...except I was born on the 17th." I was SO humiliated!!!!!!

I met Jimi the day before his birthday, on October 16th and I went to celebrate it that night with him and his friends. The following year I bought him all of this stuff for his birthday including a bookmark that said October 16th and had all of this stuff about people born on that day. He read every single bit of it and then said "Wow, that's REALLY cool honey...except I was born on the 17th." I was SO humiliated!!!!!!
    That's so cute! No matter if the day was wrong or not! I think that'll always be his most extra special gift! For real! You'll always remember it!

That's hilarious. I can never remember if DH's birthday is 2/10 or 2/11. I get it mixed every time, but somehow I manage to get it right when it counts.

I confess I just realized I use the exclamation point a lot. !! Alot. !!!

Yeah well, I was so humiliated that I ripped it in half. He was seriously bummed about it and has kept the top half that says "16" on it all of these years.

I say all of these years but um, it will be four years next month that he has kept it.

Yeah well, I was so humiliated that I ripped it in half. He was seriously bummed about it and has kept the top half that says "16" on it all of these years.

I say all of these years but um, it will be four years next month that he has kept it.
    I have a big tote bin with all of our old letters, poems, wooden things we've made for each other, all our cards from over the years, pictures of us from way back when. I love going through that bin. I do about every year or so. Makes me all mushy gushy.

I have a big tote bin with all of our old letters, poems, wooden things we've made for each other, all our cards from over the years, pictures of us from way back when. I love going through that bin. I do about every year or so. Makes me all mushy gushy.
    We buy stuff for each other a lot. Sometimes I look around at all of the stuff and think about getting rid of some.

I can never do it when it comes down to it though.

It makes me feel like a freaking hoarder and I feel like we have WAY too much stuff that serves no purpose.

I mean stuff like stuffed animals, knick knacks, those sorts of things.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Janeen, I'm so happy for you about the trailer! I lived in a really nice double-wide for 2 years in my mid-twenties and I was able to sell it for the same price I'd paid. I had this preconception about trailers for a long time, and I ended up living the good life--with three bedrooms, a really nice kitchen and living room, and a huge master bedroom with a gigantic whirlpool tub. I used to hang out in the tub and watch tv. It was a great first step to home-ownership, and much better and more cost-effective than any apartment I've lived in, before or after.

And getting your dh's birthday wrong is totally something I'd do. I actually couldn't remember my dh's birthday for the first seven years, and then I finally started remembering it AFTER I put it on my calendar. And neither of us can remember our anniversary. We had the day wrong the first year after we got married, and it took my co-worker asking me why I said the wrong day for us to figure it out. I can't believe my co-worker remembers my anniversary better than I do!

I confess that there is a thread on here that I post in and...I like the women in there and I like chatting with them but for the past two days all of the god talk has been working my nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Janeen, I'm so happy for you about the trailer! I lived in a really nice double-wide for 2 years in my mid-twenties and I was able to sell it for the same price I'd paid. I had this preconception about trailers for a long time, and I ended up living the good life--with three bedrooms, a really nice kitchen and living room, and a huge master bedroom with a gigantic whirlpool tub. I used to hang out in the tub and watch tv. It was a great first step to home-ownership, and much better and more cost-effective than any apartment I've lived in, before or after.

And getting your dh's birthday wrong is totally something I'd do. I actually couldn't remember my dh's birthday for the first seven years, and then I finally started remembering it AFTER I put it on my calendar. And neither of us can remember our anniversary. We had the day wrong the first year after we got married, and it took my co-worker asking me why I said the wrong day for us to figure it out. I can't believe my co-worker remembers my anniversary better than I do!
    lol our anniversary is October 21st, 4 days after DH's birthday. It's the day he asked me be his girlfriend on, the day he asked me to marry him on, and the day we got married twice on. It's also the anniversary of my fathers death.

lol our anniversary is October 21st, 4 days after DH's birthday. It's the day he asked me be his girlfriend on, the day he asked me to marry him on, and the day we got married twice on. It's also the anniversary of my fathers death.
    WHOA!!! Nutso! Awesome-o!

WHOA!!! Nutso! Awesome-o!
    I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink it may have been Jimis grandparents anniversary too. But I'm not 100% sure on that so I didn't mention it lol

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I even quoted you in that thread cause I liked what you said!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    And Seneca, I read your post and loved it. I laughed so much but you said it so well.
    Thanks! I'm honored!

Quote Originally Posted by WillowSpy View Post
    I confess I wish I had gotten a chance to read Seneca's response to the thread!
    I might get in trouble for this, but my reply to the thread was (and I'm parapharsing cause my son took all my smart brain cells with him on the way out):

"I stopped going to church when I started thinking for myself. I don't need to sit in some hard ass pew listening to someone lecturing me from a fictional book making me feel bad about myself. People who go to church lack self confidence and are like sheep following the crowd to feel good about themselves (like a sorority IMHO).
    It's not that religion/church has LOST the point. I don't BELIEVE in the point."
    Last edited by SenecaGirl; 09-16-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: because i lack basic spelling skills...

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    Thanks! I'm honored!

I might get in trouble for this, but my reply to the thread was (and I'm parapharsing cause my son took all my smart brain cells with him on the way out):

"I stopped going to church when I started thinking for myself. I don't need to sit in some hard ass pew listening to someone lecturing me from a fictional book making me feel bad about myself. People who go to church lack self confidence and are like sheep following the crowd to feel good about themselves (like a sorority IMHO).
    It's not that religion/church has LOST the point. I don't BELIVE in the point."
    And I had to add my "ITA" to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    Thanks! I'm honored!

It's not that religion/church has LOST the point. I don't BELIEVE in the point."
    Aw. I think that's kind of mean. My MIL said something like this to my mom once and she was really hurt. I'm sorry. I don't mean to start anything. I didn't even see the OP so I'm not sure of the context. I just don't like to see these blanket statements from any stance. It's just not accurate.

I confess that these are the mobile homes I am looking at

http://www.hometownamerica.com/Commu...=4&sort=1&pg=2

I confess that these are the mobile homes I am looking at

http://www.hometownamerica.com/Commu...=4&sort=1&pg=2
    I confess very nice.

I confess I just went to Target and bought a box of tests for tomorrow am.