Page 103 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess, Mommabear.

2. Default

I confess the LG Env2 phone is a HUGE piece of sh!t We haven't even had these phones for a year, and I have already had to replace mine, and we are going tomorrow to get DH a new one...

Both the internal and external screens have decided to crap out on his phone. and the buttons only work sporadically..

This just started yesterday and nothing seems to help..

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess the LG Env2 phone is a HUGE piece of sh!t We haven't even had these phones for a year, and I have already had to replace mine, and we are going tomorrow to get DH a new one...

Both the internal and external screens have decided to crap out on his phone. and the buttons only work sporadically..

This just started yesterday and nothing seems to help..

I confess... my cat (littler, more crazy one, Erminia) is sitting on the bannister, looking up at the wall, meowing her head off. And out of the silent blue, my DH goes "Oh wall, why are you so BIG?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    I confess... my cat (littler, more crazy one, Erminia) is sitting on the bannister, looking up at the wall, meowing her head off. And out of the silent blue, my DH goes "Oh wall, why are you so BIG?!?"

6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieMonsterMama View Post
    On Frasier the other day Daphne asked Niles how he wanted to do something, then told him her idea was better. He asked why she even asked him if she'd already made her mind up, and she told him that if he had the same idea as her she was going to let him take credit for an ego boost.

I live by the motto that everything on Frasier is fact.
    Hi "JamieMoster's Mama"! Good to see you again!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I have a hard time enjoying visits home to my parents, and it's more of a trial than anything.

We went home this past weekend to take care of some bank accounts my mother and I were joint on. The morning started with a screaming/crying match between mother and I. It was sort of kathartic in a way and things that had been bottled up for years were finally released.

But the bickering between my mother and grandmother made Tred and I both want to run screaming from the house. Gram is practically wheelchair bound after a stroke more than 2 years ago and she's still trying to control everything in the house. "Did you feed the cats? Did you feed the dogs? The dogs need to be let out/in. What are you fixing for dinner? You're not doing that right. I don't want to eat that, fix me this."

And my mother took in a stray - pit bull - at 4th of the July. Now Ladies, neither Tred nor I have anything against pits. We both feel it's all in how your raise a dog. I have known a doberman that wouldn't hurt a fly and a dachsund I wouldn't go within 10 feet of. But this is not a puppy she got from a reputable source where you know his history. He was a stray - either dropped off at the end of the road, or ran away scared of fireworks.

We spent the entire weekend keeping the pit and my rat-terrier-with-a-serious-Napolen-complex away from each other and opposite sides of a gate. Mother has named the pit Fergus and is already attached to it. Tred and I did "tests" and both believe the dog was abused at some point. He's a sweetheart when he's free in the house, but something triggers nastiness in him when he's in this one room behind a gate. He barks at Tred and I, lunges at the gate, and more than once snapped at my hand when I tried to calm him.

This is going to make future trips home even more stressful. Mother doesn't want to take him to the pound to see if he's chipped (or listed as a lost dog) as she's attached to him now. And they've been rounding up and confiscating pits in the St Louis area after the discovery of several fighting rings.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I have a hard time enjoying visits home to my parents, and it's more of a trial than anything.

We went home this past weekend to take care of some bank accounts my mother and I were joint on. The morning started with a screaming/crying match between mother and I. It was sort of kathartic in a way and things that had been bottled up for years were finally released.

But the bickering between my mother and grandmother made Tred and I both want to run screaming from the house. Gram is practically wheelchair bound after a stroke more than 2 years ago and she's still trying to control everything in the house. "Did you feed the cats? Did you feed the dogs? The dogs need to be let out/in. What are you fixing for dinner? You're not doing that right. I don't want to eat that, fix me this."

And my mother took in a stray - pit bull - at 4th of the July. Now Ladies, neither Tred nor I have anything against pits. We both feel it's all in how your raise a dog. I have known a doberman that wouldn't hurt a fly and a dachsund I wouldn't go within 10 feet of. But this is not a puppy she got from a reputable source where you know his history. He was a stray - either dropped off at the end of the road, or ran away scared of fireworks.

We spent the entire weekend keeping the pit and my rat-terrier-with-a-serious-Napolen-complex away from each other and opposite sides of a gate. Mother has named the pit Fergus and is already attached to it. Tred and I did "tests" and both believe the dog was abused at some point. He's a sweetheart when he's free in the house, but something triggers nastiness in him when he's in this one room behind a gate. He barks at Tred and I, lunges at the gate, and more than once snapped at my hand when I tried to calm him.

This is going to make future trips home even more stressful. Mother doesn't want to take him to the pound to see if he's chipped (or listed as a lost dog) as she's attached to him now. And they've been rounding up and confiscating pits in the St Louis area after the discovery of several fighting rings.

and she is off....kinda...

DH was getting all excited cause she was making "kissy" sounds at him when he blew kisses at her

Awwww It's like she totally knows what she wants to do but can't figure it out completely.

It's the inchworm method of crawling. Awwwww

It's the inchworm method of crawling. Awwwww
    I had a worm?!?!?!

She can go in the direction she wants to she just hasn't figured out how to get the knees to help

I confess I had horrible teeth and had braces for years, and then never wore my retainer afterward, but my teeth are still decent. I also avoid going to the dentist as much as I can and have still never had a cavity. My mom swears it must have been the fluoride pills I took as a kid.
    I confess I think this goes in the *other* confession thread...a few girls over there were talking about their teeth. I don't know why the heck I posted it here LOL
    Carry on...
    Last edited by daylilies; 08-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    She can go in the direction she wants to she just hasn't figured out how to get the knees to help
    Yeah! With the way she was using her knees/shins it almost looked like she was trying to stand up!

Yeah! With the way she was using her knees/shins it almost looked like she was trying to stand up!
    She loves to stand up with help of course.
    Most people think that she will crawl for a second then go right on to standing up/walking.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Gram is practically wheelchair bound after a stroke more than 2 years ago and she's still trying to control everything in the house.
    It's always tough going home, and yours sounds more difficult. I have to sympathize with your Gram, though. I'd still be trying to control everything, too, even if I was wheelchair-bound. I'm glad the weekend is over, for your sake. Can you stay in a hotel in the future, and just stop by for visits?

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    She loves to stand up with help of course.
    Most people think that she will crawl for a second then go right on to standing up/walking.
    I was just looking at some old videos of Claire, and that's how she was trying to crawl at the beginning. It is so cute how they can't manage to get everything coordinated but they're trying so hard. Anyway, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll go straight to walking. If she's anything like Claire, though, you'll have a super-athlete on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    It's always tough going home, and yours sounds more difficult. I have to sympathize with your Gram, though. I'd still be trying to control everything, too, even if I was wheelchair-bound. I'm glad the weekend is over, for your sake. Can you stay in a hotel in the future, and just stop by for visits?
    I understand that too, but in part it's the WAY she does it and says things. It's like she's found Mother's last raw nerve and is just plucking away at it. It was particularly rough too as Mother hasn't had a break since February.

I don't see a hotel as an option both because we can't really afford it and my parents are pretty rural, so there aren't any hotels closer than about 30 minutes.

18. Default

I confess DH just called me. His interview is over. He feels pretty confident about it, so I am really crossing my fingers.
    I confess he said the guy that walked in after him had an interview scheduled for 8am. DH was scheduled for 8:30, and was there at 8:20... Dude showed up 20 minutes late for his interview!! lol

I confess that the confession thread almost died!

I confess that I just got invited to a "girl's night" run by the women at my DH's office. At this point, I think 1/4 of the girls involved are pregnant. The email said that beverages would be "Wine, Beer and Mixed Drinks". I might be reading too much into this, but I feel like the organizers don't really want the pregnant women there. Then again, when my DH told the girl who organizes the group that I was pregnant, her response was "Not another one"... (and she'd not TTC, STC, or anything like that... she just apparently doesn't like babies?).

shutterbird Guest

I confess I got home from my trip on Saturday and am just now getting online. We had fun but I'm glad to be home!

Glad to have you back!!! People were wondering where you were.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Then again, when my DH told the girl who organizes the group that I was pregnant, her response was "Not another one"... (and she'd not TTC, STC, or anything like that... she just apparently doesn't like babies?).
    If she's anything like my sister, it's not the baby thing, it just interferes with her carefully-planned out beverage ratio.

I confess that my sister has been called a Party Nazi more times than I can count. Until one time I brought a date to a party who overheard that and got really offended because he was Jewish and thought the term Nazi was being used too casually. He left in a huff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    If she's anything like my sister, it's not the baby thing, it just interferes with her carefully-planned out beverage ratio.

I confess that my sister has been called a Party Nazi more times than I can count. Until one time I brought a date to a party who overheard that and got really offended because he was Jewish and thought the term Nazi was being used too casually. He left in a huff.
    LOL! That is quite possible.

I confess that the confession thread almost died!

I confess that I just got invited to a "girl's night" run by the women at my DH's office. At this point, I think 1/4 of the girls involved are pregnant. The email said that beverages would be "Wine, Beer and Mixed Drinks". I might be reading too much into this, but I feel like the organizers don't really want the pregnant women there. Then again, when my DH told the girl who organizes the group that I was pregnant, her response was "Not another one"... (and she'd not TTC, STC, or anything like that... she just apparently doesn't like babies?).
    I confess I wondered the same thing when I saw no new posts when I logged in this morning.

And no kidding! I remember going to a baby shower and the hostess kindly provided several sparkling juices for the 3 pregnant ladies there (I was one of them). What was funny was the 3 pregnant ladies knocked back more bottles of sparkling juice than 10-11 not pregnant ladies did the regular wine.

I confess this is the first time I've used that creepy smiley, but it seemed a good one there.

Maybe she was just listing off the alcoholic drinks..you cannot make a lot of mixed drinks without juice, seltzer, or one kind of soda or another, so I'm sure there will be something for you.

26. Default

I confess DH's BFF offered for us to move in with him once DH secures a job. Its a 3 bedroom house, and our rent would only be $333 a month...

I confess I was put in a very akward situation earlier today. I got a call from a lady who's husband has been a SAHD for the past few months. Today he called her while she was at work to let her know that he could no longer handle the SAHD thing, and was going to leave the baby in his room, no lights on, in the crib to cry for the rest of the day.... and if he fell asleep the dad would go in and wake him up every 5 minutes so baby couldn't sleep... "Since dad couldn't sleep"

She asked if I could watch the baby while she works, which of course I said yes... It scares me to think of what he may have done, had he not called his wife, and just let the stress build..

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    She asked if I could watch the baby while she works, which of course I said yes... It scares me to think of what he may have done, had he not called his wife, and just let the stress build..
    That is so sad, on many levels. I feel really sorry for the dad, for having that amount of stress and frustration and not having the ability to cope and the support and resources to deal with the stress. I am so glad he called his wife--it would be so hard to admit such a selfish action. I feel sorry for the baby, wondering what kind of care he was getting while the dad was building up to that level of frustration. And sorry for the wife, obviously. She's got to be feeling trapped between work and home, husband, family, baby. It's good that you're there for them.

Waking the baby up every 5 minutes goes beyond stress in my mind. That's deliberate abuse. I have no sympathy for the dad but good for him for calling the wife, at least, I guess...

Ashley, that is really sad I am impressed that he called, though. Like when you are about to snap and that tiny voice inside you says "You have to tell someone..."

I confess that I will be gone tomorrow - Monday! We're going to Philly We used to live there so it's not really sight seeing - more like visiting friends and attending sporting events. I will miss you all though, as I have no clue how the internet situation will look while we're there.

I also confess that I don't know why but I suddenly remembered the time, a few months ago, when someone gave this thread 1 star and brought the average down, and it made me sad Why does my brain love to hang on to these silly, resolved issues?