Page 102 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

All of his motor skills are fine and if we give him a direction, like to go get his shoes, he will. I think maybe the click of trying new sounds or mimicking hasn't happened yet.

Its just sad to go out and have people try to talk to him and I'm like "he doesn't talk yet"... he looks like he's two, and I know people are surprised. I know I shouldn't care, but I do.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Huh, maybe Tredhed should explore Wicca - he strips shortly after getting home, too.
    LOL.. If it were up to DH we'd be naked 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    All of his motor skills are fine and if we give him a direction, like to go get his shoes, he will. I think maybe the click of trying new sounds or mimicking hasn't happened yet.

Its just sad to go out and have people try to talk to him and I'm like "he doesn't talk yet"... he looks like he's two, and I know people are surprised. I know I shouldn't care, but I do.
    Josh still will not talk to someone such as a cashier or a stranger passing by either. He gets all shy.

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    Josh still will not talk to someone such as a cashier or a stranger passing by either. He gets all shy.
    Same here. Even with some of my friends, I'm like I SWEAR she talks all the time at home! I think I was the same way. Even now, I'm mouthier on the internet than IRL.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess that Robert's friend was here last night and right after he asked me a question I swallowed what I was eating in such a way that it tickled my throat, and I started to cough. He asked if I was okay, and then mentioned something about it going down the wrong hole. I really wanted to do this but instead faked this . I think he caught on and then tried to explain how there are two pipes in our throats.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

Quote Originally Posted by heartmyboyz View Post
    I confess that Robert's friend was here last night and right after he asked me a question I swallowed what I was eating in such a way that it tickled my throat, and I started to cough. He asked if I was okay, and then mentioned something about it going down the wrong hole. I really wanted to do this but instead faked this . I think he caught on and then tried to explain how there are two pipes in our throats.
    DH and I blame "it going down the wrong tube" all the time, but hole sounds way more entertaining!

Aw Rin Ella and Ronin were both late talkers. They didn't really say more than a handful of words until right after their 2nd birthdays. After that their vocabulary and speech exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Same here. Even with some of my friends, I'm like I SWEAR she talks all the time at home! I think I was the same way. Even now, I'm mouthier on the internet than IRL.
    Me too! LOL

I confess...I think I really want another baby already...I see the twins asleep and they look so darling!!!
    HELP MY Self!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

10. Default

Alisha! Where is Evies 5 month pic???

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Alisha! Where is Evies 5 month pic???
    I need to up load it lol. I am so lately.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I was totally baby-crazy from about 3-9 months after the twins were born, and then I realized I was crazy for even thinking about wanting another one so soon. Later I think it must have been the hormones, making me all sappy and wanting to just gaze at babies forever, and missing my pregnancy. But seriously, the only thing stopping me from getting pregnant again was the thought of three pregnancies and three C-Sections back-to-back. After the twins were about 9 months old, I couldn't believe I'd even contemplated having another one. And I stuck with that until about six months ago.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    My FIL didn't talk AT ALL until he was like 3-4. My cousin had about a 10 word vocabulary until pretty late, too, and my friend's daughter was all about the gibberish even after she turned 2 - she was DEFINITELY not singing songs (though she totally does now ) Sometimes this whole race to certain milestones gets really over exaggerated, with parents trying to prove how brilliant their children are instead of focusing on their general happiness and wellbeing. There is no way you are failing Liam. It is completely possible that he is simply not ready or interested yet. Are his motor skills really developed? Often children will choose one over the other.

ITA with this. Don't feel bad or like you've failed Liam, I'm sure he's fine. If you're worried you could always mention it to the pedi and ask for a speech evaluation. My aunt did this with one of my cousins who didn't talk at all until he was 4. He is a gifted student now and is about to turn 10.

But I know what you mean. Elle is 10 months and doesn't crawl, pull to a stand, stand unassisted, or even acts like she wants to move most of the time. All the Oct 08 ladies and even some younger ones are already walking. I would be more concerned but I didn't walk myself until I was 20 months. I just try to focus on her strengths. Her "intellectual milestones" are in the 12-18 month category as she is very verbal and communicative. But I do still worry that she is behind physically so I know all to well what you feel.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I have to confess any time I meet Wiccans (thinking of you, Xtrememousey), I am reminded of my Pagan nudist friends from long ago, who lived in Colorado and would ditch their clothes at the doorway whenever they came home. It was always fun hanging out with them, but now Wicca and nudity are irreversibly connected in my head.

lol....it's called skyclad.....lol

that would be awesome though

i confess i would love to be a nudist!

oh man.......

Ladies..........

I am in BIG trouble............

See??

17. Default

OoOoO What a big girl

I confess it kind of screws up my day when DH comes home early--I was going to just go to a little wading pool with Josh after his nap, hang out and try to relax with him a little, and when DH came in early we didn't go, because I knew DH would be bored the whole time. So I had to worry about what would make DH happy instead of enjoying the simple pleasures that make Josh and me happy.
    I confess DH is the harder one to please, between him and Josh, and I don't know why that surprises me...LOL

Oh, no, that sucks. We went to the wading pool today and it was really nice. You should go tomorrow. Give DH a 'special job' to do at the wading pool...like 'Mr. Super Special Highly Technical Photo Taker', (as if only a man could do such a thing!) I find sometimes a little ego stroking can go a long way to having a decent weekend (and yes, sometimes he has to do the same to me). Sometimes marriage is sillier than I thought it would be...or at least, mine is.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Sometimes marriage is sillier than I thought it would be...or at least, mine is.
    On Frasier the other day Daphne asked Niles how he wanted to do something, then told him her idea was better. He asked why she even asked him if she'd already made her mind up, and she told him that if he had the same idea as her she was going to let him take credit for an ego boost.

I live by the motto that everything on Frasier is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieMonsterMama View Post
    I live by the motto that everything on Frasier is fact.
    Hey YOU! Nice to see you around! You may have changed your name...but you'll always be MommaBear to me, baby.
    Norah! (3 yr)

all

Hey back at ya, Alisha.

I confess I strained my lower back today while I was doing some gardening...I hate back pain! At least our back yard looks pretty now and we can get some pictures taken for the estate agents...yeah, we're putting our house on the market...aieee!

I confess I am too tired to be of any use today.
    I confess I really have to study tonight >hard< cause my test is on Monday and it has a 30% or something of that value on my grade ugh.

again

25. Default

I confess - I just may kill sBIL...

I found out he took my laptop to his brothers house while DH and I were camping. I wouldn't have cared, had he called and asked... Or even texted and asked... but nope.. I found out from older sBIL last night that he took it over there and they were downloading a ton of music.

I confess I HATE when people download music on my computer, because it goes straight into my itunes, and onto my ipod when I plug it in, and generally.. I don't like their music.

I confess I was REALLY pissed when I picked up my ipod and there were only 203 songs on it... Hmmm... There were 1600 in my itunes when I left... Where the EFF did all my music go!?

I found out he took my laptop to his brothers house while DH and I were camping. I wouldn't have cared, had he called and asked... Or even texted and asked... but nope.. I found out from older sBIL last night that he took it over there and they were downloading a ton of music.

I confess I HATE when people download music on my computer, because it goes straight into my itunes, and onto my ipod when I plug it in, and generally.. I don't like their music.

I confess I was REALLY pissed when I picked up my ipod and there were only 203 songs on it... Hmmm... There were 1600 in my itunes when I left... Where the EFF did all my music go!?

Password protect things??

27. Default

Oh Alisha!!!

I forgot I can add passwords!!

Oh Alisha!!!

I forgot I can add passwords!!
    Preggo brain!

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess I am too tired to be of any use today.
    I confess I really have to study tonight >hard< cause my test is on Monday and it has a 30% or something of that value on my grade ugh.

again
    I confess the same.

Usually I would have all day tomorrow to study as well but I opted to take the test in the morning before my HSG x-ray since I'm not sure how it's going to leave me feeling.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I spent a good two hours deleting other peoples music the other night when I got my new iPod Touch.

It was pretty irritating but I was tired of hearing a bunch of crap that I didn't even like!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;