Page 101 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess I wish more secular people (well, I mean on APA) lived on the West Coast. I feel like I'm all alone here at night.

I confess the spellings drive me nuts sometimes but these make me giggle...

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Haha, Janeen, I love those!

Lydia, I know what ya mean....I wish there were more American mommas living abroad!

Janeen, those are fantastic! I wish Jedigirl was still on to see the force cuteness kittens. And ITA about the spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I wish more secular people (well, I mean on APA) lived on the West Coast. I feel like I'm all alone here at night.
    Aw, Lydia. I would love to meet you and your crew someday.
    Seriously, someday we need to have a secular mommies convention.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I hate putting shoes on Liam. They make stinky piggies and make his delicious little feet somewhat less appetizing.

I feel like he needs to get used to them, especially walking with them on. But they don't get put on till the car-ride to daycare and they come off as soon as he's strapped into the carseat on the way home. He walks so well when barefoot, and with shoes on, is just now getting to the point he doesn't faceplant every 3 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I hate putting shoes on Liam. They make stinky piggies and make his delicious little feet somewhat less appetizing.

I feel like he needs to get used to them, especially walking with them on. But they don't get put on till the car-ride to daycare and they come off as soon as he's strapped into the carseat on the way home. He walks so well when barefoot, and with shoes on, is just now getting to the point he doesn't faceplant every 3 feet.
    You're putting him in the soft soled shoes, right?

7. Default

I feel like he needs to get used to them, especially walking with them on.
    I confess I feel the same way, but Audri hardly EVER wears shoes, because I can't find any to fit her fat feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Awwww. I wish I had had the chance you meet you guys before I left. It's weird that there aren't more secular mommas on the West Coast, since there are a pretty decent amount secular people in those parts.

I confess my father is visiting and driving me INSANE (see thread in Ranting/Venting).

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    You're putting him in the soft soled shoes, right?
    Oh yeah, definitely. They flex in all directions.

He's gotten much better. Those first few days were tragic.

10. Default

I confess I love when Audri cracks herself up! lol Its so cute!!

Oh yeah, definitely. They flex in all directions.

He's gotten much better. Those first few days were tragic.
    Aww, poor baby.

I confess I am in a super duper funk right now.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I love when Audri cracks herself up! lol Its so cute!!
    I can only imagine. She is so cute

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I confess I am in a super duper funk right now.
    What's up hun?

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post

What's up hun?
    Just tired and grumpy. And having post-vacation come down that won't go away, lol. And I've had a headache for 3 days.

I do confess though that my boobies look really nice in the shirt I'm wearing. I keep looking down at my cleavage.

I do confess though that my boobies look really nice in the shirt I'm wearing. I keep looking down at my cleavage.
    NICE!!!!

I'm sorry you feel bleh. Marathon multi-day headaches are awful. You know, now that I think about it, I have funks whenever I come back from Vegas, too! Kind of like the seratonin overflow and subsequent crash you get when you do ecstasy.

I confess that I am sick of my dh watching TV every night. I wish he would read a book or create something or gosh, do just about anything else. sigh.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Kind of like the seratonin overflow and subsequent crash you get when you do ecstasy.
    I confess that crash was worse than the worst flu I've ever had.... lol Thankfully it didn't last as long

i confess i just found this thread and i wish i had seen it sooner
    i confess that i read through the first 12 pages and the last 3.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememousey View Post
    i confess i just found this thread and i wish i had seen it sooner
    i confess that i read through the first 12 pages and the last 3.....lol
    I confess I'm glad you didn't try to read all 101 pages. That would probably make a person . It was about 25 pages when I discovered it and actually read them all.

20. Default

I confess I am watching Little Einsteins with Audrianna, and the music is reminding me of Harry Potter! lol

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have to confess any time I meet Wiccans (thinking of you, Xtrememousey), I am reminded of my Pagan nudist friends from long ago, who lived in Colorado and would ditch their clothes at the doorway whenever they came home. It was always fun hanging out with them, but now Wicca and nudity are irreversibly connected in my head.

My husband was Wiccan for a while and definitely not a nudist. LOL

I confess that I have never met a nudist.

I confess that I could never be a nudist, not because of being ashamed or anything, but because I don't like the jiggle certain body parts make when they're not restrained by clothing. That, and I am already cold 75% of the time.

I confess that I wish I could be a professional golfer (and no, I'm not good. I've never actually played, other than putting, driving ranges, and the Tiger Woods golf games).

I confess that I live in the Nudist Capital of the United States.

I confess that I love my job. And I confess that I find Islam very very interesting.

I confess that I am starting to feel really concerned about Liam's lack of speech. I watch these videos in my October07 room of all the mama's kiddos and they're speaking sentences and know their colors and can sing songs. Liam has like, 15 words, most of them not said consitantly, and that's it. I feel like I've failed him somehow.

Please excuse my mini pity party...

I confess that I am starting to feel really concerned about Liam's lack of speech. I watch these videos in my October07 room of all the mama's kiddos and they're speaking sentences and know their colors and can sing songs. Liam has like, 15 words, most of them not said consitantly, and that's it. I feel like I've failed him somehow.

My FIL didn't talk AT ALL until he was like 3-4. My cousin had about a 10 word vocabulary until pretty late, too, and my friend's daughter was all about the gibberish even after she turned 2 - she was DEFINITELY not singing songs (though she totally does now ) Sometimes this whole race to certain milestones gets really over exaggerated, with parents trying to prove how brilliant their children are instead of focusing on their general happiness and wellbeing. There is no way you are failing Liam. It is completely possible that he is simply not ready or interested yet. Are his motor skills really developed? Often children will choose one over the other.

27. Default

My mom had a student when she was teaching in ND, who NEVER spoke until he was about 6 years old... They were sitting at the dinner table one night, and he comes out with "Please pass the salt" and everyone just went .

They asked him later why he never talked until that night, and ya know what his answer was??

"I didn't have anything to say"

Josh didn't really talk at all until he was almost 2. And I swear he just learned his colors the other day. LOL Up until recently he said everything is green. And then one day we were quizzing him and he got them all right. Now he loves to go around and tell us what color everything is. I think some kids don't say things until they have them perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    My mom had a student when she was teaching in ND, who NEVER spoke until he was about 6 years old... They were sitting at the dinner table one night, and he comes out with "Please pass the salt" and everyone just went .

They asked him later why he never talked until that night, and ya know what his answer was??

"I didn't have anything to say"
    That's funny.

But I confess I've heard similar stories to it before.
    Anna Mommy to 4 boys!! 16 yrs., 14 yrs., 7 yrs., and baby.
    Mean people produce little mean people!!

30. Default

I confess I am a horrible horrible person, and laughed at something I really probably shouldn't have....

I confess Karma's a B!TCH ain't she!?!