Page 98 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 4888969798991001081481985981098 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Janeen you nut
    Tehe
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess... where is Lydia?
    I already posted this in NM and also Moms of Multiples, but I thought I'd post here too because you guys are my peeps. It was so much better than I expected (big sigh of relief).

We went to a teensy island in McGregor Bay in Lake Huron, Northern Ontario. We got back last night at 2 AM. There were two 18-hour travel days (AAAUUUGH!!!!). Yesterday started at 8 AM, with a boat ride and then a car ride and then three plane rides. The island had no electricity, no phone service, and we actually didn't even have lamps in our cabin because they were too close to the bed and Ronin kept poking the mantle on the propane lamp so we couldn't light it.

We had a wonderful time. We spent most of our time roaming around the island, looking for blueberries. Claire got really good at picking the ripe blueberries, although Ronin was a little indiscriminate and ate green ones too. We went for some canoe rides, which is REALLY difficult with two rowdy babies. I managed to cook dinner for 8 people a few different nights on an antique gas stove. The babies spent time with their great-grandparents. Nobody got sick or fell in the water (more than to knee-length, at least). We got a lot of mosquito bites. The twins LOVED it. They even did really well on the travel days, except during the last three hours of the flights both ways. Better than on our 3 1/2 hour trip to Wyoming last month. Still, it's not something I'll undertake again lightly.

On our way back last night someone became ill on the plane and I was the only person on board with any medical background so I had to tend to the passenger for a while. I felt torn, leaving my babies but feeling like I was the only person who could help this guy who was in distress. I had them keep him on oxygen and have EMT meet the plane in San Francisco, but was glad I didn't have to divert the plane. DH was proud of me, and thought it gave us more wiggle room in case the babies were unruly.

Except for the actual travel days, however, we kept talking about what a great experience it was and how we might like to make it a regular occurrence. On the other hand, we could have gone to Thailand faster and for less money.

Here is some picture overload.

Island with main cabin

My aunt helping the twins drive the motorboat

Claire and Ronin looking for blueberries behind the guest cabin

Refusing to pose for pictures in their new HeatherJ shirts

Going for a stroll

Looking for fish off the dock

Four generations

3. Default

Awww Lydia. I confess your twins are SO cute!

I confess my sister made Audrianna a book with pictures from all through her first year of life, and reading it made me cry!

Everyone loved it except Brandons Grandma... She was upset because she wasn't in it...

Welcome back, Lydia! I'm so glad to hear that it went better than expected And how cool that you were the medical superhero on the plane! You know, it's a little freaky how much some of the people in that last picture look like you.

I confess...are people serious or joking when they are worried that a solar eclipse will cause birth defects?
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I confess...are people serious or joking when they are worried that a solar eclipse will cause birth defects?
    Hahaha I saw your response on the post in Random. Maybe they're just superstitious? I mean, my MIL told me I can't hammer or sew while pregnant, and my mom told me that I can't let cords/strings get tangled near me... all superstitions, of course.

aawww looks like a fantastic time Lydia!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I hope they are joking!

Lydia, wow, your trip looks like it was awesome! It looks so pretty there! I want to go to Canada one of these days.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Welcome back, Lydia! I'm so glad to hear that it went better than expected And how cool that you were the medical superhero on the plane! You know, it's a little freaky how much some of the people in that last picture look like you.
    This is the second time in my life I've had to do that. One time, I was stuck in the bathroom of a plane with a guy on a toilet who was really really ill for about three hours, with a doctor, a lot of blood, and a couple of oxygen tanks. We almost turned the plane around. We fill out all these forms at the end with our names, addresses, license numbers, and everything that we do, etc. and frankly I was a little surprised that I never heard anything afterward from the airline, not even a little thank-you letter. Because it is very expensive to turn a plane around, and we salvaged the patient AND the flight for them.

I was worried that this situation would end up taking up a lot of my time too, but luckily it didn't. For my sake, the babies' sake, and most of all for the patient's sake.

And yes in the picture, there are a lot of similarities between us, aren't there? I look most like my aunt, I think, always have. We have a picture of us together where we look almost like twins. I assume I look least like my grandfather.

11. Default

I confess..

Yeah little sister!!!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess..

OMG congrats!!!!! Now you don't have to deal with the boy name question

14. Default

Yeah, but DH told me after the ultrasound that he really didn't like the girl name I like.. so we are back at square one!

Yeah, but DH told me after the ultrasound that he really didn't like the girl name I like.. so we are back at square one!
    He didn't like Harper? I'm sorry hun I am sure you will find something fabulous regardless!

Congratulations for a little girl!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    He didn't like Harper? I'm sorry hun I am sure you will find something fabulous regardless!
    I know... How does he not like Harper?! lol... oh well... He told me and my BFF to make a list of 8 first names, and 8 middle names and he will choose from our list.. but he gets to mix and match...

Yay for girls! I wouldn't go for Harper, but only because it is the last name of the Canadian Prime Minister right now and he drives me totally bonkers. I can't STAND him! Stupid jerk, now he has also ruined a perfectly cute girl name.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess..

for lil girls!!!!!

Congrats on a little girl!

I confess..

YAY!!! Congrats!!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Less then 24 hours until I leave for Vegas! Woooohoooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Less then 24 hours until I leave for Vegas! Woooohoooooo!!!

I confess I have a confession I can't share.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post

I confess, that's just mean.

Oh please! Whatever it is, you can share...we won't tell...

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    Oh please! Whatever it is, you can share...we won't tell...

LOL.

28. Default

seriously... thats just wrong....

I confess I am having a bad mommy day. and Audri can sense it, im sure....

I have zero patience today, and she is being overly testy...... and only napped for 10 minutes

I confess I have zero patience today as well, and if these kids don't take a nap soon, I might throw myself out my window!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

seriously... thats just wrong....

I confess I am having a bad mommy day. and Audri can sense it, im sure....

I have zero patience today, and she is being overly testy...... and only napped for 10 minutes

I know, I'm sorry. I'm a *****.

I confess I'm having a bad mommy day, Madi's over at grandma's.