Page 5 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

I confess that I JUST realized I'm PMS'ing. That's why I've been in such a foul mood the past couple of days.

elmobo Guest

I confess I loved American Idol tonight. I'm such a geek.
    I confess I hope Kris or Matt goes home!
    I confess I'll be sad when all my shows go off for the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Baby genius!! Bwah ha ha ha, oh man, now THAT is a religion I could get behind.

What's Precious Moments?
    They are like little bible babies I guess you could say. But over time they have gotten more realistic in the since of saying nice things about friends and not all of them are god themed. My DH gave me this one when he asked me to marry him..

Say I Do Figurine

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    They are like little bible babies I guess you could say. But over time they have gotten more realistic in the since of saying nice things about friends and not all of them are god themed. My DH gave me this one when he asked me to marry him..

Say I Do Figurine

That is cute!
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

elmobo Guest

AWW that's so cute Casey!

I confess that did not get married in a church or with a priest..

elmobo Guest

I confess I didn't get married in a church by a priest or whatever either.
    I confess I'm happy we did it that way!
    I confess it would've felt so.....fake if we had been married in a church/

I confess I was married by an attorney at his office.

elmobo Guest

haha I was married by the mayor...in his office!

I confess that we had a Paganish type wedding because my DH is Pagan.

I confess that even though I claim no religion, we still made it completely us and I loved every minute of it.

I confess heck no it wasn't in a church lol, it was in a Victorian House.

I confess since CO is a self-officiating state we actually married ourselves and the High Priest that dedicated DH to the path years ago just performed the ceremony of our writing.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I was married by my sisters boyfriends brother in law. Sounds all red neck huh! LOL. And boy there sure was a storm outside too. Lightning and thunder and everything... It was GREAT!!!

shutterbird Guest

I was married in a courthouse.

13. Default

I was married by my sisters boyfriends brother in law. Sounds all red neck huh! LOL. And boy there sure was a storm outside too. Lightning and thunder and everything... It was GREAT!!!
    Here's redneck for ya...

DH and I got married in the parking lot to our apartment building, in front of the laundry room - because that's where the light was, and we got married at 12:30 am. lol

He was wearing jeans and a polo, I was in jeans and a sweatshirt... (I was in the middle of doing laundry....)

We were married by a guy that was in the Army with DH (same unit).
    He was smoking a cigarette, and drinking a glass of 1/2 beer, 1/2 champagne.
    The words "F***" and "Sh!t" were both used during our ceremony...

14. Default

I confess I probably shouldn't share the details of our "wedding" but it makes me giggle... Especially knowing how much my mom wanted me to have this huge church wedding..

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Here's redneck for ya...

DH and I got married in the parking lot to our apartment building, in front of the laundry room - because that's where the light was, and we got married at 12:30 am. lol

He was wearing jeans and a polo, I was in jeans and a sweatshirt... (I was in the middle of doing laundry....)

Thats awesome.

elmobo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I confess DH's great aunt gave us a framed bible verse for the kids when we saw her last and I tried to pawn it off on everyone I met for a week and no one would take it.

Here's redneck for ya...

OMG I love it!! Hey, you'll never ever forget it!! My mom was soooo ticked at me for getting married 3 days after we picked our date. She wanted the whole bridal shower, party, reception thing. haha. too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I don't mind at all when my mom tells Savana about Jesus because I bet he was a great man and no harm in hearing stories about great men. But we were at Goodwill the other day when she found a picture of the nativity scene and yelled, "MOMMY! It's that baby genius that Grandma told me about." Not that she even knows what genius means but it was hilarious.
    I also confess that she has been wearing a rosary for a necklace since we left my parent's house this weekend. My mom said it's for praying. Savana said, "What's praying?" and I said "It's like when we thank the Earth for giving us food." and my mom, not catching my vibe at all, said, "It's when you talk to God." to which of course Savana said, "Who's God?" My mom and I were seriously like the dualing eyebrows at each other.
    Baby Genius! I confess that Savana stories have made my day many times. I still think about her saying "Mommy, that baby is in a cage!" She is too flippin' cute for words.

I confess (and apologize) that precious moments figurines completely creep me out.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by melanie_777 View Post
    I confess (and apologize) that precious moments figurines completely creep me out.
    Me too

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I miss jedigirl

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Speaking of Precious Moments, we had this cake topper at our wedding:

Since we had a dessert reception and had about 15 different kinds of cakes, we also had one sort of like this one:

(okay, I found an actual picture of them AT my wedding... the toppers in the frame are the toppers from my great great grandma's wedding and shower... the one I had is a little different from the pic above)

Interestingly enough, our actual "official" wedding cake had roses instead of a topper
    Last edited by Bean; 04-28-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that we had a Paganish type wedding because my DH is Pagan.

I confess that even though I claim no religion, we still made it completely us and I loved every minute of it.

I confess heck no it wasn't in a church lol, it was in a Victorian House.

I confess since CO is a self-officiating state we actually married ourselves and the High Priest that dedicated DH to the path years ago just performed the ceremony of our writing.
    We got married in the CO mountains by one of our best friends. DH's parents kept calling him "the minister" until he finally turned to them and said "No, look, I'm just some guy..."

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by melanie_777 View Post
    We got married in the CO mountains by one of our best friends. DH's parents kept calling him "the minister" until he finally turned to them and said "No, look, I'm just some guy..."
    Well this guy was of sorts but he wasn't officiating or anything so we weren't getting married under his "power" or whatever.

We went to Uncle Nasty's Mass Wedding/Vow Renewal from KBPI (Denver rock station) on Valentines Day.

That was interesting, and he really is an ordained minister! If ya know who it is, you know that's kind of hard to believe lol
    Last edited by Janeen; 04-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by youngmom2008 View Post
    When I was visiting the big old Cathedral in the zocolo of Mexico city we went on the bell tower tour. This tour took us up to the roof of the church to see the bells.

You had to walk up winding stone steps and enter a little room with a creepy passage going up to the roof.

I confess that the first thing that popped into my head when we entered the room was what a great setting it would be for a romance novel between a sultry/sexy/tormented priest and a innocent but temptress of a woman.

Time: 1725

Naturally, they would have clandestine, passionate, meetings in the little room, right below the bells, at the top of the winding stairs.

Maybe she's a nun, maybe not. Or a daughter of the governor. One of them probably has to die in the end though.

Yes...I do have an active imagination.
    awesome!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I confess DH's great aunt gave us a framed bible verse for the kids when we saw her last and I tried to pawn it off on everyone I met for a week and no one would take it.
    SIL gave me a cross for my baby shower and I pawned it off on the other SIL
    That made me giggle Cass...

I confess my mom was just talking to someone on the phone, and quoted some church sign she saw on the internet "Laying in bed screaming "OH GOD" does not constitute going to church"

I choked laughing in my room....

I confess my dad sleepwalks when he is drunk, and came into my room last night to pee... Luckily my mom caught him and got him to the bathroom in time....

Say I Do Figurine

I confess that did not get married in a church or with a priest..
    I know I won't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo View Post
    I confess I didn't get married in a church by a priest or whatever either.
    I confess I'm happy we did it that way!
    I confess it would've felt so.....fake if we had been married in a church/
    I agree
    Here's redneck for ya...

Awesomeness!
    Speaking of Precious Moments, we had this cake topper at our wedding:

Since we had a dessert reception and had about 15 different kinds of cakes, we also had one sort of like this one:

(okay, I found an actual picture of them AT my wedding... the toppers in the frame are the toppers from my great great grandma's wedding and shower... the one I had is a little different from the pic above)

Interestingly enough, our actual "official" wedding cake had roses instead of a topper
    Love it Cass!

I confess I hate people trying make me feel guilty for what I believe in

I confess we got married by the Base Chaplain because it was free! During the ceremony, we were looking at each other like "Um, wtf is he talking about?"

I confess...

I have prayed for people.. but not to a god. But too all things good, for strength, etc.. I got this from my mom during her buddhist phase. Like think positive thoughts for others, etc...

I believe in the paranormal. I can't explain my reasoning, but I think it could be possible and it's sort of fun. Like imaginary friends.

I keep an old Jehovah Witness bible next to my bed, with my codependency anonymous book, an augutus burrows novel, and a few David Sedaris books... not sure why, it's just in the stack.

I confess it makes me upset that they think we don't have anything to live for or can't have morals because we don't believe what they believe.

I confess- we had the huge church wedding and even attended their classes

It made DH (and MIL) happy.

Oh well

I confess I loathe Precious Moments figurines