Page 2 of 1484 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Nope, I think it's just late! I'm into this show.

I confess that I have two obese hamsters. They barely fit up the play tubes!
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

2. Default

I confess they are featuring deep fried twinkies and candy bars on tv right now, and they look SO gross... I have friends that eat like 10 of them during the fair, and I don't know how they do it! *stomach turning*

I confess everytime a mom and son in boyscouts come selling cookies and popcorn to my door i look down on the parent for allowing their child to be part of an organization that discriminates

i confress i role my eyes way to often at religion

i confess sometimes i wish i could just lie to my kids and tell them heaven does exist to make the end sound better but i just cant do it..

i confess i have no clue what the freekin noise is upstairs and i should really stop typeing and go see..wtf

i confess i dont think i could handle it if my kids turned out ubber religious..

i confess i wnat to eat soo bad right now but its 11:25 at night and i knwo i dont need to

i confess i wish i stopped typeing so fast so i didnt have so many freekin errors

i confess i want ot know wtf is wrong with cats that they need to make noise at night doing stupid ****..

4. Default

I confess it seems like I haven't seen you around much Sarah...
    I confess I miss you!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I confess that when I was a teenager, I was one of those obnoxious people that gave atheists a bad name.

I confess that when I was a teenager a few years later I started listening to Christian rock and going to church so a boy would like me.

I confess that it doesn't matter how many times I've read the Bible, I still can't believe people believe it verbatim.

neat idea!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Nate'sMama Guest

I confess that even though I am Christian I don't believe everything in the Bible.

I confess I don't feel comfortable in the Christian forum because I know people on there are against gay marriage.

You all pretty much know I'm pretty relaxed in the religion department. I don't let much bother me and I think I have a pretty good sense of humor.

Confession: I like Carrie Underwood.
    Confession 2: I like the song Jesus Take the Wheel
    Confession 3: I do a 'God voice' whenever she says ^ with, "Sorry, I forgot my drivers license.' or 'Sorry, Jesus is taking his lunch right now."

I'm horrible I know.
    I love her! She is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo View Post
    I confess I don't talk about religion IRL
    I confess I like Jesus take the wheel too! Her voice is so outrageous, it doesn't matter what she sings. I always like it!
    I confess when I first joined this site I wouldn't DARE say I didn't believe in the whole religious thing.
    DF and I always get in debates about religion. Its funny how much we agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
    I confess I wonder how long this will stay a happy thread.
    You never know
    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I love you ladies soooo much!!
    I too confess when I first joined APA I couldn't bring myself to flat out say "I don't believe it"
    I confess I still haven't said that to my mom, and still go to church with her just to keep her off my back...
    I confess I daydream/sleep through the service whenever I go... lol

bwahahahahah That is in my mind every time I post in a confessions thread!
    Same here. Like in the confession box thingy
    I'm still a closet atheist. My mom called me on Good Friday and asked me if I ate meat... I did. I didn't have the heart to tell her, but I should have, but it would have ruined her weekend. I guess she'll figure it out, you know? I told her years ago that I just "wasn't religious" and she flipped, slapped me upside the head and screamed at me that she GAVE ME THAT RELIGION. Or something of the sort.
    Sorry about your mom. I once told my mom(Before she passed) that I wanted to be cremated and she yelled at me that that is like me burning in hell
    Why cant you eat me on Good Friday?
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlynn View Post
    I confess everytime a mom and son in boyscouts come selling cookies and popcorn to my door i look down on the parent for allowing their child to be part of an organization that discriminates

i confress i role my eyes way to often at religion
    me too
    I confess I miss you!
    I know! I miss her goofy arse!

I confess I have never owned a bible...

I confess that I avoid coming into this room very much because I get mad and/or upset when I think about religion and all the problems it can cause between people. It's much easier to be an ostrich...

I confess that I also avoid talking much in the threads in this room because there are a lot of incredibly intelligent and educated people having deep convo's and I just don't want to concentrate that much. I'm on here to relax, baby!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Nate'sMama Guest

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I confess that I also avoid talking much in the threads in this room because there are a lot of incredibly intelligent and educated people having deep convo's and I just don't want to concentrate that much. I'm on here to relax, baby!
    I confess that I love this forum for that exact reason. I love intelligent convos, even if I don't agree with everything being said lol

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Why cant you eat me on Good Friday?
    Love ya girlie, but I don't have the taste for people.

I love it, too. On some days this is the only place where I get a conversation deeper than "Shoes and socks! Shoes and socks! Let's put on your shoes and socks! Yaaaayyyyy!!!"

But it also makes me realize how much I feel like my brain is crumbling and turning to mush, and even more quickly since the baby.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess I love Jesus jokes.

I confess I'm scared to go out and meet people in my community because I know they're all Jesus freaks.

I confess I can't believe people believe the Bible either.

shutterbird Guest

I love it, too. On some days this is the only place where I get a conversation deeper than "Shoes and socks! Shoes and socks! Let's put on your shoes and socks! Yaaaayyyyy!!!"

But it also makes me realize how much I feel like my brain is crumbling and turning to mush, and even more quickly since the baby.
    I feel the same. It's so hard to spit out an eloquent sentence sometimes, and I usually can't even get across what I WANT to say then.

I confess I don't understand how someone can be so blind. I don't get blind faith at all. How can you just believe that it is what it is because some old book told you so? I DON'T GET IT.

Ok, had to get that out.

shutterbird Guest

I was at a park a few weeks ago waiting for some clients to show up when I saw another photographer. We waited for our people together and had a long conversation. She was SO nice and then... "Today is SO beautiful. I feel so blessed that the Lord gave us this beautiful day." Five minutes later her clients showed up and she said the SAME thing to them. I was like ...... I confess that's SO unprofessional. The couple did look a little uncomfortable - they gave each other a look before responding. I doubt the lady caught it. She smelled like Nedina Flanders.

17. Default

I confess unless you are running a church or christian book store, I think you should keep your religion out of your business. I don't care if you are religious or not... I find it extremely unprofessional... Like "Covenant Trucking" who has religious bumper stickers on every one of their trailers...

Nate'sMama Guest

I was at a park a few weeks ago waiting for some clients to show up when I saw another photographer. We waited for our people together and had a long conversation. She was SO nice and then... "Today is SO beautiful. I feel so blessed that the Lord gave us this beautiful day." Five minutes later her clients showed up and she said the SAME thing to them. I was like ...... I confess that's SO unprofessional. The couple did look a little uncomfortable - they gave each other a look before responding. I doubt the lady caught it. She smelled like Nedina Flanders.
    That really bothers me and I'm a Christian, lol. It's really unprofessional to me and kind of awkward.

Love ya girlie, but I don't have the taste for people.
    OMG!! I sooooo meant meat! heeeeeey it's late

I confess I don't talk about religion IRL.
    I confess I don't know what to believe, but I'm pretty sure of what not to believe.

I confess I sing Allison Krauss's "Down to the River to Pray" to my LO but shut up as soon as DH walks in the room. It's a pretty song. But yeah, not something I should be teaching her.

I confess I should have gone to bed an hour ago.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

21. Default

I confess my BFF is in the hospital and it is killing me that I can't be there with her... She has had kidney stones, and a pretty nasty kidney infection for like... over a month...

I confess I want to slap the ER doc she saw in Fairbanks, because they told her she was in kidney failure, and they life-flighted her to Anchorage.... When she got there, the doc said.. "WOW! They really said kidney failure?! Your kidney IS enlarged, but that's because of your infection.... "

So she's sitting there away from her son on IV antibiotics for who knows how much longer....

I confess my BFF is in the hospital and it is killing me that I can't be there with her... She has had kidney stones, and a pretty nasty kidney infection for like... over a month...

I confess I want to slap the ER doc she saw in Fairbanks, because they told her she was in kidney failure, and they life-flighted her to Anchorage.... When she got there, the doc said.. "WOW! They really said kidney failure?! Your kidney IS enlarged, but that's because of your infection.... "

So she's sitting there away from her son on IV antibiotics for who knows how much longer....

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Yes my brain is very very mushy. I try to keep my responses short because most of time if I go on I start becoming very incoherent.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I confess I don't understand how someone can be so blind. I don't get blind faith at all. How can you just believe that it is what it is because some old book told you so? I DON'T GET IT.

Ok, had to get that out.
    I agree
    How weird!
    I confess unless you are running a church or christian book store, I think you should keep your religion out of your business. I don't care if you are religious or not... I find it extremely unprofessional... Like "Covenant Trucking" who has religious bumper stickers on every one of their trailers...
    I agree it is unprofessional and very awkward. I get very weirded out when people say things like that to me. It just sad how much of the population just naturally assumes you believe in god or you are a christian.

shutterbird Guest

My hamsters managed to escape their cage last night (how, I have no idea)... Apparently the survived the FIVE FOOT DROP to the hard floor below. I found one - it scurried out of wherever it was hiding about an hour after looking. The bigger one is still missing though. She'll turn up, I know. I just hate the thought of her chewing up my crap!

i dont know what iam i bealive in some stuff n not in others i havent babtized my 2 daughters they are 5 n 3 n al my dh family brings it up everytime we see them" they where suposed to be babtized beafore turning 1" i support gay marrige but not abortion n i had one my self i dont go to church i "pray" when i feel the need but i dont know how to pray so its like my own lil prayer thing i have lit up candles with saints on them idk why but i have my mother in law teached my girls about the virgin mary n jesus n god n saints shes catholic so now everytime my daughter sees a virgin mary statue she points n says look it dosent bother me but i dont discurage her about doing it i dont like church ppl i think they are hipocripts {spelling} n use god for there own truth n bealives i dont like when women say well i have to be by my husband beacuse thats what god wants or accept being abbused phisicly n emotionaly beacuse they r merried for ever n ever till there husband kills them beacuse the bible said so,,, i have a open bible in my room and a money toad next to it i eat meat in passover week im a totall mess o well.. i also say god bless or bless u when a person sneezes i do the cross when ever i see a cathlic church so i really dont know what i am m sure not christian im not catholic i dont enforce it or do it practice it but there are some things that i do that seem/are religious
    Last edited by melypelon; 04-28-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: added more stuff

I confess that I've been taking all the religious quizzes on Facebook and I've been scoring way way too high for my liking. One quiz even said I was a bible guru.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that I've been taking all the religious quizzes on Facebook and I've been scoring way way too high for my liking. One quiz even said I was a bible guru.....
    I can't remember who said this, but someone said that the best way to create an atheist is to have someone actually read the bible. Knowledge is power Dr. MLS. Mamma! (Is MLS what you have now? Or is that the wrong acronym?)

I confess that I enjoy getting DH into debates about religion because I know I'll win, even if I don't change his mind. I also sometimess rent documentaries like 'Jesus Camp' and 'Constantine's Sword' and make him watch them with me and I hope that he'll finally give up the ghost one of these days (he is nominally Catholic, but never attends church and disagrees with church doctrine on just about everything. He isn't attached to the miracles or much of the bible being true, but he still calls himself a catholic.). I confess that I call him a pseudo-catholic, which I think is hilarious even though it kind of bugs him. Its true, I am a jerk.
    Norah! (3 yr)

My hamsters managed to escape their cage last night (how, I have no idea)
    Looking for bigger play tubes, no doubt.

I confess I miss you!
    I confess you made me all warm and freekin fuzzy inside

I confess i havent been around much..things just get to me sometimes and i float off for a bit..if i confess some other things i might get the boot lmao..

I confess im super excited about meeting brad in 3 days..

I confess i hate the thoughts of dieing and not being here it almost makes me panic..not death but the thought of never seeing my kids, husband, family, sun, trees, flowers, earth ever gain..

I confess i could confess all day..wtf is wrong with mei love this thread.

I confess i was abused as a child and to this day want to choke the sh it out of anyone who tells me i should forgive cause it would give me closure..no a bullet would give me closure lmao