Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Fairy

trying to start CDing, i do have some covers and gerber dipes, not sure if they are prefold or flat fold, but i don't know how to fold them into diaper shape.
    Someone to explain the different CD things.
    wetbag(btw, what is a wetbag, i know i need it just not sure what it is)
    my little guy is a month old and between 8 and 9 lbs, and a 15 month old(24-25lbs) who has started to take of his sposies, so we might be potty training soon! so i'm willing to try anything, except wool

Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    trying to start CDing, i do have some covers and gerber dipes, not sure if they are prefold or flat fold, but i don't know how to fold them into diaper shape.
    Someone to explain the different CD things.
    wetbag(btw, what is a wetbag, i know i need it just not sure what it is)
    my little guy is a month old and between 8 and 9 lbs, and a 15 month old(24-25lbs) who has started to take of his sposies, so we might be potty training soon! so i'm willing to try anything, except wool
    Congrats on your little one and your venture into cloth diapering. I can't help you with folds because I don't use prefolds or flats. BTW, you can tell the difference by prefolds having an extra layer of absorbency in the center panel. Flats are just big squares of one layer of material. There are tons of video tutorials on youtube to help with folds.

A wetbag is a bag that is waterproof usually used to hold soiled diapers. Some people (including myself) use it instead of a diaper pail. It may come with a zipper or drawstring closure.

Ask any questions you like and welcome!

Ronan 12/1/06 and Rachel 9/22/09

i want to try washing every other day, any tips to keep down on the smell and stains?

I really want to try pre-folds and covers.

Im learning to knit and once I get a handle on how to read and follow patterns I will be making longies and such. I'll need testers

After 11 months of TTC we are taking a break. Praying for all of my TTC sisters to get a BFP!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Im learning to knit and once I get a handle on how to read and follow patterns I will be making longies and such. I'll need testers
    Meee!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    i want to try washing every other day, any tips to keep down on the smell and stains?
    A lot of people just rinse poopy diapers and store everything in a wetbag or dry pail. Some people still use wet pails to cut down on staining but you have to make sure you get one with a locking lid in hat case so there isn't a drowning risk. I use a cold soak prior to a hot wash and that seems to keep stains at bay pretty well. Any stains you do get can easily be sunned out. Honestly, the smell isn't as bad as those diaper genie things with all the disposable diapers that you have to empty.

Oh! Oh! Me too!

I'm in need of pockets and AIOs. OS or preemie/smalls for the new baby on the way. We are on a very tight budget though... that is the problem!

Me!!
    Cayla (27) & DF (27 + 4 (7, 4, 2, 6mo)

As I have mentioned, anything BAMBOO! 13-soon to be 10 diapers is just not cutting it anymore!
    Pretty specific, but anything camo that also happens to be bamboo I am sure DH would appreciate

I would love to try some AIO/AI2's. Right now we just have fitteds/covers and a couple of BG 3.0's.

My little man is *probably* a medium in most dipes (14ish lbs, 26 inches tall)

11. Default

I need purple dipes and covers...Or at least where to find them or even where to find the PUL (in purple) for a reasonable price.

No more excuses... Just don't quit!

Alrighty, so I'm having a boy this time. I have so many pink diapers from my youngest daughter lol. They are BGs 3.0s that were converted to snaps. If anyone has any boyish diapers (like BGs), please let me know.
    Cayla (27) & DF (27 + 4 (7, 4, 2, 6mo)

I would like AIO's. Just wanting to start out so i have nothing but would like to try the AIO's
    Last edited by Hayley; 04-27-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    Hayley (23) DBF Chris (34)
    DS 2/26/10 (due date!)

We're just starting out CDing, so anything really. Any girlie/gn fitteds, covers, or AIOs in size Med or Lg. I currently have 2 gDiapers and I love them! I have plenty of plain white prefolds for stuffing.

I like to try a pocket or a pretty fitted.

I would love some of your favortie detergent! Or anything girlie

Covers, anything is fine, more dipes. DH is on board so trying to build stash. We have 13 dipes now. Looking for size medium to large if they are sized. Would like to try some wool for the winter. Doesn't get too cold here but her room is never warm even during the summer.
    Last edited by ladybugmandie; 08-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Amanda(30), DH(29), DD(2)

I'd like to try a girlie BSRB.
    Expecting baby # 2 in Sept 2012

adorsey Guest

Im interested trying a boyish BSRB. Im hesitant to buy my own because of the no snaps so I would love to try it first
    Also, Im new to CDins so any deteregent samples or anything else for a newbie like me would be awesome!

Since I am new to CD I would love to try another brand other then what I have. I currently have BG's, BSRB, thirstie covers, GMD prefolds and Kawaii pockets.

Diaper fabric? hehe

We got a fuzzibunz today and I like it so far..more of those wouldnt be bad Anything thats sort of AIO'ish with snaps or velcro

Flip inserts--trying to build my stash because I have a newborn and a two-year old!!

Looking for something cute or patterned for DD.. She weighs about 21 pounds so I guess medium. I'm looking to try all sorts of diapers. thanks

I would like more pockets. They don't even have to be girly.

I am going to need detergent, or ideas on how to make my own. And a printout of how exactly I need to wash! (I have to do step by step or I'm worried I will mess my new fluff up!)

A small/medium wetbag or something travel size that can go with me when I leave the house.
    megan=21 albert=25 cooper = 4.20.2010 like an open book you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before i'd even lived one day! psalm139

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by miss hopeful View Post
    I am going to need detergent, or ideas on how to make my own. And a printout of how exactly I need to wash! (I have to do step by step or I'm worried I will mess my new fluff up!)

A small/medium wetbag or something travel size that can go with me when I leave the house.
    What I do is a hot wash with a squirt of regular Dawn, 5 to 7 sprays of Simple Green, and a 1/4 cup Washing Soda. Works beautifully.

Thanks
    megan=21 albert=25 cooper = 4.20.2010 like an open book you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before i'd even lived one day! psalm139

I'm a needy person!

I'm trying to slowly build our own stash (right now it's almost all borrowed) so diapers, diapers, diapers. Also covers. And I have yet to get a wetbag!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I would love newborn size diaper covers those that are less than 8lbs, a few small diaper covers would also be wonderful. These would be great to have to start CDing right after birth. Due date 10-19-10.
    Thanks much!
    #1 LOST JUNE '09(Baby Girl)
    #2 Landon Vegas 10-19-10 9lbs 8oz
    OUR LITTLE PUMPKIN

LEG WARMERS
    I'd love to try some leg warmers on my little girl

~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~