Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: XPosted Water, Exercise and Nausea

  1. #1

    Default XPosted Water, Exercise and Nausea

    So, I lost about 17 lbs this summer on WW, and am not quite down as far as I wanted to be but I'm totally cool with the progress I did make. I also packed on a lot of weight during my pregnancy with DS, and have vowed not to do the same this time around. I intend to talk to the NP at my appointment on Wednesday about weight gain that will be healthy for me, but I know this time I have to be committed to exercising too.


    That being said, I got on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, and wasn't going terribly fast or intense, just a moderate pace. While I was on the machine, I got so nauseous! I think it was partially to blame that I needed to drink more water. I'm a really bad water drinker on average, and have to drink other stuff to trick myself into taking in more fluids. (I love Propel but there are too many chemicals and fake sugar in it to drink as much as I used to!)


    Anyone have any hints for exercise plans during pregnancy or for trying to push more fluids without extra calories???


    TIA!!!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)



  2. #2

    Default

    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)



  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babykenny View Post
    I used powdered gatorage to flavor water without excessive amounts of sugar (and no fake sweeteners this way!) and found when I was/am nauseous it's usually a result of low calorie/protein intake so don't have advice outside of that. Sticking mostly to Brewer diet I think helped me stick to exercise quite a bit.

    I managed my weight much better this time around - previous bad choices/experience is an excellent motivator ;) Good luck!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Consensus View Post
    I used powdered gatorage to flavor water without excessive amounts of sugar (and no fake sweeteners this way!) and found when I was/am nauseous it's usually a result of low calorie/protein intake so don't have advice outside of that. Sticking mostly to Brewer diet I think helped me stick to exercise quite a bit.

    I managed my weight much better this time around - previous bad choices/experience is an excellent motivator ;) Good luck!
    Good idea about Gatorade powder! I've also never heard of the Brewer Diet. I just looked it up- interesting! I'm going to ask my OB more about it when I go for my first appointment on Wednesday.

    I'm hoping for the same learning curve on the second full term pregnancy too!

    Thanks Jenn!!!!!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)



  5. #5

    Default

    I was exercising a lot at first but kept spotting so I gave it up. I am doing my fitness pal though to at least make responsible food choices. I love love love water this time but I didn't the first time. I've actually been drinking a ton of unsweetened decaf tea too along with fruits or crystal light in my water. I find I need it ice cold and drink it through a straw. Goes down like beer. Lol.

    Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    I was exercising a lot at first but kept spotting so I gave it up. I am doing my fitness pal though to at least make responsible food choices. I love love love water this time but I didn't the first time. I've actually been drinking a ton of unsweetened decaf tea too along with fruits or crystal light in my water. I find I need it ice cold and drink it through a straw. Goes down like beer. Lol.
    Sounds good! I have such a sweet tooth, which is shaping up to be the challenge! You brew the tea then ice it???
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)



  7. #7

    Default

    Yep. I buy Lipton caffeine free. I take about a quart of water and heat it up in the kettle and then out 4 tea bags in there to brew for 4-5 minutes. I take the bags out and fill the container the rest of the way with water (1 gallon). I add ice as I drink it. It's the perfect brew for me. You could use herbal tea too. Yummy!

    Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babykenny View Post
    Sounds good! I have such a sweet tooth, which is shaping up to be the challenge! You brew the tea then ice it???
    My doctor did tell me that uping the protein will help that sweet tooth go away and she was so right, I couldn't even believe it! I still love sweets but I don't crave them or need to eat them all the time like I used to. I have a hard time getting the water down due to the fact that my stomach feels like crap after I drink it???? When I do drink a little I feel so bloated and huge.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    Yep. I buy Lipton caffeine free. I take about a quart of water and heat it up in the kettle and then out 4 tea bags in there to brew for 4-5 minutes. I take the bags out and fill the container the rest of the way with water (1 gallon). I add ice as I drink it. It's the perfect brew for me. You could use herbal tea too. Yummy!
    Thanks Babidol. I'm going to try it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by babybluesash View Post
    My doctor did tell me that uping the protein will help that sweet tooth go away and she was so right, I couldn't even believe it! I still love sweets but I don't crave them or need to eat them all the time like I used to. I have a hard time getting the water down due to the fact that my stomach feels like crap after I drink it???? When I do drink a little I feel so bloated and huge.
    Protein. Good strategy! I'm going to focus on it and see how it goes!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •