Thread: Should I be excited or worried?

Default Should I be excited or worried?

My opk this morning (digital instructions said fmu is fine)...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ncy-test112985

Dh and I bded on the 27th and I expect to o tomorrow. I've gotten pg in the past with 3rd day sperm. I knew I might be Oing early when we decided to bd but I expected my RE to say to keep doing what I've been doing (progesterone and aspirin)...really didn't think I'd be preventing this cycle. I really did not even think to prevent.

If it's meant to be it will be. I didn't get pg my last 2 cycles with a +opk (last month had a temp shift) and we were ttc so it's very possible it didn't happen this time either.

This is so odd...I have never oed early! I'm not sure whether to be excited or worried...I think I'm a little of both. Trying not to overthink it .

Funny thing is I would have kept testing with a wondfo opk like that...doesn't look quite + but it was close enough I decided to back it up with the digital. And for you ladies just starting to do opks...I had stark white to light lines 2 days ago...so it can get really dark really fast...don't worry if you're getting close to o and your lines are still light !

Going to call my re and see what I should do.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

It looks positive to me- but if it makes you feel better, I have had positives before and then didn't O, so maybe it is a false alarm? everything turns out ok! Hope your re has some comforting words

Thanks Liza...if I do get pg just going to need lots of stickyvibes .

The only thing that has changed though is that I went to the re...had I not gone I'd be thrilled with an early o, bding, starting progesterone/aspirin, and hoping for a bfp so it's just my awareness that the progesterone/aspirin really may not be reducing my risk of pg loss that is different.

I'm waiting for the re nurse to call me back.

I would think I can still get all the bloodwork except the ovarian reserve testing. Hoping they call soon

Definitely positive! KUP on what the RE says!!

Nurse called back and said to have my progesterone levels drawn 8dp+opk as planned and if I get a bfp they'll disregard it and start me on progesterone (which is just to make me feel better, lol, because the RE said yesterday that starting progesterone after a bfp is too late...has to be started right after o).

She said I could go ahead and do the progesterone/aspirin if I wanted to and skip the 8dp+opk progesterone draw. If I get a bfn then we would do the progesterone my next cycle.

I don't know what to do...on the one hand I would want to give this potential pg/baby every opportunity to be viable...on the other hand it's a shot in the dark because I really don't know if what I've been doing is really helping and I would be delaying the one thing that could actually help. Either way I'm risking a loss...wish I would have known that before we bded but we did what we felt was right based on the info we had at the time.

So I guess now I have irregular cycles ...which, if I'm not pg is going to throw off the dates for my hysteroscopy...better call them back on that!

Help me think this through ladies...I know we have to do what we feel is best but it's hard when it's so in my face. Help me step back and gain perspective...what do you think? I haven't talked with dh yet.

I am not much help here....I would probably want to get on the progesterone right away, just in case... and if this month ends up not a pregnancy month then I would get back on the testing track. HUGS!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

I know if it were me mama, I would want answers. I would want to know why all the losses have happened and do whatever I could to get that figured out.

On the other hand, i know you said you wanted a 2013 baby and that window is drawing to a close.

It's hard when you have to make a decision and it annoyingly has to be made like NOW. Many mama, hopefully you and hubby can come to a decision that feels best for the both of you
    Last edited by Smplyme89; 03-29-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Siggy... :-/

You might as well start on the progesterone and check in 14 days if you are pg- even though you have had a lot of m/c you have also had a lot of successful pg too. Might as well give it the best chance! And if you do not get pg, you can just go straight into your testing.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

I'm with Liz on this one. You and your DH want a baby this year... and yes, you are risking a loss... but you are with every pregnancy. You have had a lot of successful pregnancies as well! Give it the best chance, but prevent the rest of the cycle. If you get a BFN you can continue with your testing! Good luck in whatever you decide!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

This last cycle I had a positive three days before O! Good luck with whatever you decide!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Thanks ladies!!!

I updated in NET/updates . Glad to have made a decision and move forward...feeling worlds better and very optimistic!