Thread: Trying to get pregnant

Default Trying to get pregnant

Ok so I'm kinda new to all of this. My husband and I are TTC. We thought I was pregnant already because my period was 2 weeks late but it finally came. It started the 17th and ended the 22nd. I have never kept track of anything or charted anything so I was wondering of someone could tell me when we would have the best chances of concieving. Also wondering if you could give us any tips or advice to help concieve.

(((Hugs)))...I'm so sorry you weren't pg last cycle !! Praying this cycle will be it for you !!

How long is your cycle normally (how many days from the first day of your period to the first day of your next period)? Usually with a typical 28 day cycle a woman ovulates around 14 days past the first day of her last period. If you have 28 day cycles then that would mean you are ovulating today! If you cycles are longer you will usually ovulate later and if they're shorter then you'll ovulate sooner. If your cycles are irregular it's impossible to predict. I definitely recommend temping and charting...www.fertilityfriend.com has a lot of good info and a free program to keep track online.

Generally, you should have sex every day or every other through your fertile days which are typically 3-5 days before ovulation, the day of ovulation, and the day after ovulation. If you don't know when you ovulate then having sex every other day should cover it for you.

Using ovulation predictor kits help too...you could use one today to see if you may ovulate soon. Test around 2pm but don't pee for 2-4hrs before using it. If the test line is darker or the same as the control line it means you will probably ovulate within 24-36hrs but if it's lighter it's negative which means you missed it this month or you haven't surged yet.

Hope that helps and isn't even more confusing !

GL!! Kup!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly pretty much covered it all! i think the only thing I would add is to not stress and have fun with. Believe me, it's easier said than done! Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)