Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muslim Introductions

Default Muslim Introductions

Salam to all my sisters...

Tell us a little about yourself. Anything you would like..

As for myself, my name is Dena and Hamdillah am a Muslim of Middle Eastern descent(born and raised in the US). I have a 3 yr old Zane Dean (Zane el Deen) and am expecting baby #2 inshallah in May. I currently work FT but inshallah will be a SAHM come May. Yipee!!!
    Last edited by dandoona74; 01-05-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Sophia Jenin Born 5/13/2009

Assalaamu alaykum!

I'm so excited that we have our own forum now

About me: My name is Maha. I had my first baby, a little girl named Safiya, in June. My parents are Palestinian, but I was born and raised in TN. My husband is a convert and our baby is half white, half arab. I work from home full-time. It's difficult juggling job and baby at the same time, but it's worth it!
    Mom to two little girls (born 6/08 and 2/11) and another on the way.

Assalamualaikum!

Yay for our forum! I'm sooo happy!

My name is Amina. I just had my baby, Musa, in May. I'm from Pakistan, but raised in NY since I was 3. I'm a SAHM/housewife.
    Oh and I'll be 25 next week ;)

dandoona- congrats on your second pregnancy! it must be so exciting... we're also TTC again... lol
    Amina *27* / DH *29*

Maha
    Yeahhh another Pali like me Can I ask you what you do at home FT b/c I am looking in to working at home inshallah once baby #2 is 3 months old or something
    Amina- Thanks inshallah good luck to you

Looking forward to your posts ladies! Please spread the word

yay! We got our forum!
    Salam to all my sisters. I have the great fortune to be a 'revert', I was born in California, my parent are from Mexico, raised a Catholic, met my husband and after 6 years of marriage I reverted to what I always was but didn't know
    I'm still learning and at the same time trying to teach our daughter and son. Rasheeda is 5 and in kindergaten and ZoLin is 4.5 months. I also have a son who is 13 and currently lives with my parents. I'm a sham. I have many questions being a revert is difficult and family has a really hard time with it, so please excuse me if I ask weird or even sometimes silly maybe even dumb questions. I look forward to our conversations!

DS95, DD03, DS08, DS09, m/c#1 2/06, m/c#2 12/06, m/c#3 6/07

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMrsA View Post
    yay! We got our forum!
    Salam to all my sisters. I have the great fortune to be a 'revert', I was born in California, my parent are from Mexico, raised a Catholic, met my husband and after 6 years of marriage I reverted to what I always was but didn't know
    I'm still learning and at the same time trying to teach our daughter and son. Rasheeda is 5 and in kindergaten and ZoLin is 4.5 months. I also have a son who is 13 and currently lives with my parents. I'm a sham. I have many questions being a revert is difficult and family has a really hard time with it, so please excuse me if I ask weird or even sometimes silly maybe even dumb questions. I look forward to our conversations!
    Girl, there are no such thing as dumb questions. How are you going to learn if you do not ask We would be glad to help you!!!!

AsalamOAlaikom Sisters!!

Yay for our own Muslim section on APA. My name is Nosheen, living in UK originally from Pakistan. Me & my DH both are from Pakistan. I had my first little princess just a week before, we are so blessed Masha Allah APA was a God send when I was prego & still helping alot with my new baby!!

Hope to stay in touch with all of you sisters & we have lots of topics over here as well.

Nosheen- Yayy a Paki! ;) LOL
    Congrats! your baby is really cute masha'Allah, what's her name?!

SweetMrsA- never got your name! and I agree with Dena, there are no such things as any dumb questions, you can ask anything you'd like, we will all try and help you, insha'Allah
    Amina *27* / DH *29*

Quote Originally Posted by dandoona74 View Post
    Maha
    Yeahhh another Pali like me Can I ask you what you do at home FT b/c I am looking in to working at home inshallah once baby #2 is 3 months old or something
    Amina- Thanks inshallah good luck to you

Looking forward to your posts ladies! Please spread the word
    Dandoona, I am a lawyer.

One of my niece's nicknames is Dandooni; her real name is Dania.

Nice to meet you all. Noshee, congrats on your brand new baby!!

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited! I just found this forum! My name is Hiba and am of Pakistani decent, but born and raised in the US. I currently live in Dallas. My hubby is Pakistani too and we are blessed with a little girl. Mariam was born on June 19, 2007! Can't wait to learn more about everyone! I am a SAHM! I have a bachelors in accounting and hope to work when Mariam is in school.
    Hiba (Me - 23), DH- 32, and Mariam is.........

Quote Originally Posted by HM16 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm so excited! I just found this forum! My name is Hiba and am of Pakistani decent, but born and raised in the US. I currently live in Dallas. My hubby is Pakistani too and we are blessed with a little girl. Mariam was born on June 19, 2007! Can't wait to learn more about everyone! I am a SAHM! I have a bachelors in accounting and hope to work when Mariam is in school.
    Hiba, Mariam is almost exactly a year older than Safiya! She was born June 18, 2008. Oh, and Mariam was one of the names we were considering for her too

Welcome Nosheen and Hiba..glad to see you made it on here I went through the "others" forum and pmd anyone who mentioned they were Muslim. I look forward to everyone's contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amina786 View Post
    SweetMrsA- never got your name! and I agree with Dena, there are no such things as any dumb questions, you can ask anything you'd like, we will all try and help you, insha'Allah
    Thank you sisters, my name is Gisela

DS95, DD03, DS08, DS09, m/c#1 2/06, m/c#2 12/06, m/c#3 6/07

BTW I have to say that I am going to totally squish the cheeks of all your kids. Mashallah mashallah mashallah they are all so adorable. May Allah protect them for you all.

My name is Lee and my husband, Ibrahim, is middle eastern. We have two girls, Layann (4 1/2) and Noelle (almost 3).
    Lee (29), Layann (7/16/04), Noelle-Harrison (3/16/06), Safiyah (10/16/09)
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by mohop View Post
    Hiba, Mariam is almost exactly a year older than Safiya! She was born June 18, 2008. Oh, and Mariam was one of the names we were considering for her too
    That's so funny! Mariam was almost ten days late! We wanted a religious name and it was the first one we found in the Quran ;) It was our only one for a girl and we had a long list of boys names.

That's so funny! Mariam was almost ten days late! We wanted a religious name and it was the first one we found in the Quran ;) It was our only one for a girl and we had a long list of boys names.
    same here!!! we have like only 2 or 3 names for girls, and soooooo many boys names!!!! we want only relgious names as well
    Amina *27* / DH *29*

Quote Originally Posted by Lee16 View Post
    My name is Lee and my husband, Ibrahim, is middle eastern. We have two girls, Layann (4 1/2) and Noelle (almost 3).
    Nice to meet you.

We had a long list of boy names too but hardly any girl names that we both liked.

al-salamu alayom warahmato allah wa barakateh...
    i'm really excited to know this forum is finally out... just found now
    great to meet u all ladies...

i might be an intruder among u...i'm an Egyptian Muslim living in the middle east, have never been to US and have no planes to go any time soon. yet... i'm in love with APA. this site has really helped me through my pregnancy after two M/Cs... i finally became a mommy...i have yassin who is 4 months now.

great to know u all...

Welcome Doody! You are not an intruder at all

Quote Originally Posted by amina786 View Post
    Nosheen- Yayy a Paki! ;) LOL
    Congrats! your baby is really cute masha'Allah, what's her name?!
    yay for Pakistani's around here

Thanks she is beautiful thing ever happend to usMy little princess name is "Mahrosh" which means "Piece of moon" see you

Quote Originally Posted by mohop View Post
    Nice to meet you all. Noshee, congrats on your brand new baby!!
    thanks Sweetie nice to meet ya too

Welcome Nosheen and Hiba..glad to see you made it on here I went through the "others" forum and pmd anyone who mentioned they were Muslim. I look forward to everyone's contributions
    thanks sweetie, thats definately a great thing done by you I am also looking forward for more in our forum!!

BTW I have to say that I am going to totally squish the cheeks of all your kids. Mashallah mashallah mashallah they are all so adorable. May Allah protect them for you all.
    AMEEN!!

Welcome doody, you aren't an intruder at all

Nosheen- MashAllah beautiful name
    Amina *27* / DH *29*

thank youuuu

doody not intruding whatsover Ahla wa sahla feeki

Salam Ladies!

I have been a part of APA for a very long time and didn't realize how many Muslim ladies visit this forum. Stephie just pointed it out to me!

My name is Lina, i'm Lebanese, I live in Texas. I am married to my awesome Palestinian husband Saher and we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter named Lilliana.

So nice to have this place and to meet you all.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

Welcome Lina...I'm in Texas too. Transplanted california though

Welcome Lina...I'm in Texas too. Transplanted californian though