2 c. oat bran cereal
    1/4 c. brown sugar
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 c. skim milk or soy milk
    2 egg whites, slightly beaten
    1/4 c. molasses or honey
    2 tbsp. vegetable oil

Directions

Don't mix these together too much. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Sloppy Joes

Ingredients
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
    3/4 cup ketchup
    3 teaspoons brown sugar
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste
    Directions
    1.In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
    2.Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper

Refrigerator Pickels
    This is one of my favorites in the summer when I have fresh cucumbers, onions and green peppers.
    9 cups thin sliced cucumbers
    1 cup onion
    1 cup green peppers
    1 tablespoon salt
    Slice cucumbers, onion and peppers and put in bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let stand 1 hr. After they have stood 1 hr drain the water and add the syrup (recipe below).
    Syrup for pickels
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup vinegar
    1 tablespoon whole mustard seed
    1 tablespoon whole celery seed
    Mix everything together in med sauce pan. Cook on med heat and bring to boil. I usually boil mine for about 1 minute. Let cool. After it has cooled add to cucumbers. I usually start by slicing everything and placing it to the side. Then I go ahead and make my syrup. By the time the syrup is cooled it's time to drain the cucumbers.

I made these for a friend and they turned out awesome!

Gluten-Free Coconut Bars

8 x 8 pan.

Preheat oven to 350.

2 cups crushed gluten-free graham crackers or cookies (I used Mi-Del Arrowroot Cookies).
    1/4 cup coconut sugar
    1/4 cup brown rice flour
    1/2 cup melted butter

Mix or put in a food processor, then press into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.

Mix 2 cups coconut (unsweetened) with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. Drop/spread onto baked crust and bake for 15 minutes.

Sprinkle 2 cups chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk and semisweet chips) over the top. Place in turned off oven until the chocolate chips melt.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Zucchini Potato soup

Ingredients:
    1 Tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 white onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
    3 medium sized potatoes (I used Russets), diced (about 2 1/2 to 3 cups)
    2 zucchinis, quartered and then chopped (about 2 cups)
    14 oz. can of diced tomatoes (undrained)
    1 to 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
    2 15 oz cans of low sodium chicken broth
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 cup frozen or fresh corn
    salt & pepper

Directions:
    In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add onions and zucchini, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add potatoes and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes (lower heat if needed), be sure to stir constantly so the potatoes don't stick to the bottom of the pot.

Add tomatoes (undrained) and a dash of parsley and the thyme. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer. Add corn and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to simmer for 15 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked to your liking.