Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips for Increasing Supply

I Just Started The Fenugreek I Hope It Works For Me Too Ladies

Stephmama rocks my socks.

Fennel Tea!!!

I tried some on teh advice of someone who does chinese herbs, and thenext day I was so engorged it wasnt funny....

Freebirthing Mama. My body. My birth. My way.

Another great one that I havn't seen posted here yet is sweet potatoes. My great grandma swore by this and I never really belived her until I had a drop in my milk supply with my 2nd, and thought for the heck of it I'd give it a try, sure enough, milk was VERY plentiful!

I need to go buy some as this boy is sucking me dry over the past couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by flatoutgallop View Post
    Fennel Tea!!!

I tried some on teh advice of someone who does chinese herbs, and thenext day I was so engorged it wasnt funny....
    like this??
    sorry, I'm laughing at this picture! wow, what a feast!

how much fennel tea did you had the day before? a mug?

5. Default

HOLY BOOBY BATMAN!!!

I had a huge drop in my production. We had a freezer full from the NICU but she ate so much so fast we ran out,so i drank a powerade last night and today im getting 4oz all together its a start

Quote Originally Posted by foggybuggy View Post
    like this??

My dd was so small (still is lol) that when i bf it looks like that hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by foggybuggy View Post
    like this??

that looks like me the day after Ace was born.. I was so engorged it wasn't funny anymore.. I could have easily fed triplets..

This sticky has been dormant a bit.. Anyone try dark beer? It was recommended by a few friends and I had a little today, just hoping it works..

Quote Originally Posted by AlexL2010 View Post
    This sticky has been dormant a bit.. Anyone try dark beer? It was recommended by a few friends and I had a little today, just hoping it works..
    It's the hops in the beer, and yes it does work. What's nice is it takes time, so by the time the alcohol goes away, your full. But it's depends on how much you drink. Of course NA is the better option.

11. Default

I just had a major dip in my supply. I normally pump around 12 oz per day between two pumping sessions. For the past few days, I have been lucky to get 8 oz for the whole day. Yesterday I had to add a third pumping session just to get the 8 oz.

I'm attributing it to either AF coming or the fact that last week I was throwing up and not getting enough food.

So last night I went to GNC and picked up some Mother's Milk tea. This was the first time I've ever had issues with supply, so it was my first thing to try, and this morning I seem to be back on track with my pumping output. So far, I've pumped 6.5 oz with one session.

MC-06/2008; DS-4/9/09; DS#2-Due 4/8/13

Make sure you have the right size flange for your pump. I was using a size too small and once I got the right size, my supply increased a little. I am also going to try mother's milk tea (just ordered it) and these cookies (some people swear by them): http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Oat...rujillo-192346. Hope these work

Is there a certain brand of mother's milk tea that I should get?

IDK if it is a coincidence but the other night I ate some lasagna and the next morning woke up completely soaked. And he had even nursed about 5 times that night! I have no problems eating more and more carbs to up supply

Okay, so I have not been able to find flaxseed meal or brewers yeast in the grocery store to make the cookies. I have found tons online, but have no idea what brand to get..any suggestions?

So I am a little concerned!! I have noticied just today that my supply is dwendling. My babu is only 2 weeks old and has been in the NICU the entire time. We came home yesterday!! I have been putting her to the breast alot more but she is not even 35 weeks yet. So I let her nurse for a max of 10 min each breast and then a bottle afterward because I dont want her to lose weight. I def know that I need to drink more water and make sure I am eating more. Is there anything I should avoid or make sure that I include??? I really wanna keep doing this but I am not evenn pumping 2 oz per session and I pump at least 7 times a day/night!!!
    Mommy to three beautiful children!!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mommy4life View Post
    So I am a little concerned!! I have noticied just today that my supply is dwendling. My babu is only 2 weeks old and has been in the NICU the entire time. We came home yesterday!! I have been putting her to the breast alot more but she is not even 35 weeks yet. So I let her nurse for a max of 10 min each breast and then a bottle afterward because I dont want her to lose weight. I def know that I need to drink more water and make sure I am eating more. Is there anything I should avoid or make sure that I include??? I really wanna keep doing this but I am not evenn pumping 2 oz per session and I pump at least 7 times a day/night!!!
    Try letting her nurse longer at each session. If I remember right it can take as long as 15-20 for the hind milk, which has most of the fats. Plus the more she nurses the more you should make. Babies are far more efficient than pumps. Hope this helps.

We go see her doc tomorrow so i will ask her but the NICU nurses told me no more then 20 min because she is so small and still learning. She was born at 32weeks and 5 days and is 2 weeks old. Plus, i dont ever stop her from nursing she either falls asleep or gets tired. I try to get her to do the full 20 min but normally whe only makes it 15min.

I also have an appt with the LC from the hospital on Friday. I wanna make sure the flange is big enough and that everything is working fine. I have to give my hospital grade pump back though on Friday. I just hope that my playtex double embrace will do the job!!!

yeah dont let her go over the 15 minutes....it will be counter productive, and she will start burning more energy to eat and the calories she takes in... I started fenugreek (sp?) today I feed Clara for 10 minutes on eat breast then pump afterwards and im still only getting like 80-100ml per session..so Im hoping the fenugreek will increase my supply ..I would ask your pedi about that it was recommended by the LC I have been seeing for Clara..she will be all boobie soon hun! My LC wants me to pump and top Clara off for 1 more week, then she said we can prob do all boobie...good luck!
    Andrea(27) DH (30) DS 8/22/08(10 weeks early) ,DD 7/2/10 (5.5weeks early), DD 09/12/12 FULL TERM...3rd TIMES THE CHARM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flatoutgallop View Post
    Fennel Tea!!!

This actually helped me bring my supply up.
    Also organic red wine (sulfate free) You can find it in natural foods stores.
    Last edited by AlexL2010; 07-20-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Well we saw the doc today and she said tops 20 min total because she will start to lose weight if I go any longer. She wants us to keep doing the neosure at least until her due date. Its just to give her more calories to keep increasing her weight!! What ever I am doing is working because when we left the hospital Monday she was 4lbs 7.6ozs and today she is 4lbs 11ozs!!! When I pump after a feeding I get 40-60ml tops!!! And if I just pump I only get 60-70ml!! I have been trying to up the water intake and I am gonna try the oatmeal thing!! Plus I am gonna try carnation instant breakfast twice daily on top of my normal food. Just trying to increase my calorie and fluid intake!! We shall see!!

Good luck!!

i have been taking fenugreek for a few days now and i have noticed that i leak alot so it must be working!

Hello! I am not BDing (still TTC) but just wanted to share what my mom & most elders I know from the Philippines have been advising new moms about this. When I do get there I will be trying this too. Moringa leaves. For those who have access to Asian stores, just boil it and drink it like tea. Fresh leaves might be hard to find but I know there are pills and dried
    leaves available online. Also, this is not only good for breast milk production but it has a lot of healthy benefits too. My co-worker drinks moringa juice called Zija. But like i said earlier there are other forms like pills and dried leaves.

Anyone here tried moringa?
    Last edited by pineappledulay; 08-29-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Default breast milk......HELP!

Since I have return to work, I haven't been able to pump much breast milk and my supply is down. I use to pump about 60-80 ml(3-4 oz) each feedings for Autumn while at home on postpartum stay. Now, I only get less then an 1 oz. Does that mean I am drying up and I cant get my breast milk back? I am trying Lactation blend (2 days), and that Mother milk tea and intaking a lot of fluids for the last two days but its not helping. Any pills out there that you can help with bringing my milk supply back? Or its too late since I'm pumping less than an 1 oz? Any suggestions or advices is welcome. Thanks!

Not too late! Keep it up. I had problems with pumping, but plenty of nursing supply. If possible, find a way to directly nurse (maybe at lunch?). Fenugreek needs to be taken with blessed thistle for best effects. Drink tons of water and don't skimp on food! Lots of fats and good natural sugars are needed to make milk. Visualization, meditation, varying pumping speeds can all help. For me, hand expressing worked better than a pump.
    If I had to do it over, I would have found a way to stay home until DD was 6 months. I went back to work at 6 weeks
    Good luck!

Thanks for all the great tips everyone. I am BFing a 6 month old. I had gallbladder surgery last week. I am not getting nearly enough when I pump. Right now I need to supplement which is frustrating, but I'm going to try some of these suggestions and hopefully get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Libekh View Post
    http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...roduction.html

This is an awesome video on "hands on pumping"!!!!
    I watched this video and I was so inspired I actually pumped a few mins early because I was excited to try this. What would have normally been a 1 oz pumping session was a little more than 2 oz!!!! That is without taking anything or changing my diet. I am amazed! Thank you for posting this! I recommend this video to anyone!