Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Before you post in this room...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I'm the not-necessarily-secular member. They love me anyway.
    Aw man, now I have to un-like you!

I think what most of us believe in is tolerance, and not being judgmental. I'm fairly sure that none of us would have any issues with anyone that can respect us for who we are, warts and all.

I do believe in God, but I also don't believe everyone else needs to see it my way.

I have recently, even as a practicing Christian who works at a church, felt frustrated by things that people have said to me lately. Like "that was just God's plan". I believe in God but I also believe that things happen for a reason that he isn't involved in. I guess I am a complicated Christian. Someone more religious would probably tell me it's a faith crisis or something. ;)

Now that I know I'm welcome you'll be sorry! My stalking is over.

Even if you did believe that (something being God's plan), it may not be what you need to hear at the time. I'm fairly certain all of us can understand that, and you have a virtual guarantee you won't hear that from us.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post

I think what most of us believe in is tolerance, and not being judgmental. I'm fairly sure that none of us would have any issues with anyone that can respect us for who we are, warts and all.
    WHAT?!?! You have warts? All right, you get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaLamaMama View Post
    I do believe in God, but I also don't believe everyone else needs to see it my way.

I have recently, even as a practicing Christian who works at a church, felt frustrated by things that people have said to me lately. Like "that was just God's plan". I believe in God but I also believe that things happen for a reason that he isn't involved in. I guess I am a complicated Christian. Someone more religious would probably tell me it's a faith crisis or something. ;)

Now that I know I'm welcome you'll be sorry! My stalking is over.
    As someone who has suffered multiple losses and often comes face to face regularly with parents who abuse their precious children, trust me, I have some pithy comments on the subject of God's plan. I'm right there with you. If you need an ear, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Yup, Suja's out. I have to say that, otherwise she'll kick me out first.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm thoroughly non-religious but I still manage to be a reasonably pleasant person, at least according to me. Welcome to the room.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I too admit to stalking the NET once or twice ....always with intentions of joining in but fearing I could not keep up or am too far behind... Never thought I would not be welcomed since I know this is a very welcoming bunch I do "belong" in the secular room and have participated in other discussions here Maybe I will join in someday
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Y'all can jump in whenevah!!!!

Welcome to the outted ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    *sniff*. Who needs you perfect people, anyway?

Well, I think Suja should stay as long as the warts aren't contagious....

if Suja has warts, I have a goiter. or however it's spelled.

I love Suja, but man, I wish she'd warned me before sharing her washcloth with me. Jeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    I just found a few discussions in this room very awesome. I may not consider myself secular however, a lot of beliefs about equality that some of you all posted I really was happy to see. I would like to come in here from time to time. I hope that is okay because I do not want to be disrespectful in any way. I have been in the Christian room before too because I have views that could go with both.
    The bolded part was probably your nice way of intonating that some of our discussion have been not-so-awesome. Those were probably my threads. LOL. I'm the trite, insipid one of the bunch. Myles. About as exciting as a box o' hair. Pleased to meetcha. Thank you for coming in, introducing yourself and loving on these ladies. They are super awesome.

Hi to all the new voices in the Secularium!

My name is Britt. Just found this forum today, but felt this was the place for me. I'm leaning towards paganism, but mostly it's just the nature and mediation that seems to stick.

Welcome, Britt

When I grow up, I want to be an APA addict too ;)