Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Before you post in this room...

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Hi Suja! Did you have the whole Hindu wedding ceremony? Those are so amazing!

Hi Suja! Welcome to the secular room! And welcome to everyone else I've missed in the last few posts!!!!!

Welcome Suja

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

welcome!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Hi Suja!!!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Now I feel like a new kid in a classroom full of particularly nice kids

I did have a traditional wedding. But, our weddings are relatively simple affairs, and mine was particularly small (250-300 guests).

Welcome to the group Suja!!!

Erin

Suja! Hope you come in more often. I've seen you around the boards and like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Boy, it certainly took me long enough to find my way here! I am born a Hindu, but raised by not particularly religious parents. We do celebrate religious holidays, but more for cultural reasons than religious ones. My personal belief is that morality has nothing to do with religion, one's faith is personal, not something to be crammed down anyone's throat, and I am very 'live and let live'. DH is also not religious, but his family, especially his parents are, so mum's the word.
    Like!

Hi, Suja. Pleased to meetcha. Come into the Confessions thread and play with us some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Boy, it certainly took me long enough to find my way here! I am born a Hindu, but raised by not particularly religious parents. We do celebrate religious holidays, but more for cultural reasons than religious ones. My personal belief is that morality has nothing to do with religion, one's faith is personal, not something to be crammed down anyone's throat, and I am very 'live and let live'. DH is also not religious, but his family, especially his parents are, so mum's the word.
    I knew we had more in common Very well said. We celebrate Christian holidays as well (Christmas and Easter) but we're definitely not religious.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Hi, Suja. Pleased to meetcha. Come into the Confessions thread and play with us some more!
    Oh, you're SO gonna regret this! Have I mentioned that I'm opinionated and have a big mouth?

Hi, I'm Aimee and I think I'd like to see if I can fit in this room! I see I'm late to the party but I hope to meet some like-minded people.

I was raised in a strict, dogmatic religion but left that 20 years ago. Since then I have been calling myself "agnostic" and have been ok with that title. However, for the last couple of years I've been reading a lot of astrophysics articles and have been pretty obsessed with the universe and that has led me to a more atheistic way of thinking. I feel like I should whisper that last bit! So that's me in a nutshell!

I'm surrounded by religion (everyone except dh is a believer) and I get frustrated at times and need to vent at the idiocy I encounter. Dh is so laissez-faire and doesn't really see why I get riled!

Nice to meet all of you!
    Aimee (40), Rollie (55), Megan (15) and baby Cali (4/28/10)

Welcome Aimee!

Oh em gee...who let that Aimee girl in ?
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Hi Aimee!

Welcome!

Woo hoo! Welcome!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Hi Aimee The more the merrier

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Aimee!!

Hey, Aimee! No need to whisper in here; we love everybody!

Welcome! It's a shame that the word "atheist" sounds like a swear word even to those of us who are. I know what you mean. Come chat with us in the net for more heathen action.

Hi Aimee!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hi, Aimee! Sorry I didn't notice your arrival until I saw your post in the Confessions thread. It's very nice to have you.

I just found a few discussions in this room very awesome. I may not consider myself secular however, a lot of beliefs about equality that some of you all posted I really was happy to see. I would like to come in here from time to time. I hope that is okay because I do not want to be disrespectful in any way. I have been in the Christian room before too because I have views that could go with both.

Thanks- Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    I just found a few discussions in this room very awesome. I may not consider myself secular however, a lot of beliefs about equality that some of you all posted I really was happy to see. I would like to come in here from time to time. I hope that is okay because I do not want to be disrespectful in any way. I have been in the Christian room before too because I have views that could go with both.

Thanks- Lindsay
    Yes! Of course!!! At least one of our regulars isn't secular. But she agrees with almost everything else we believe in so she fits in perfect. We're not exclusive at all. Welcome!!!

ps-most our talk takes place in the NET. You're welcome to add to any discussion we got going on in there as well

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Yes! Of course!!! At least one of our regulars isn't secular. But she agrees with almost everything else we believe in so she fits in perfect. We're not exclusive at all. Welcome!!!

ps-most our talk takes place in the NET. You're welcome to add to any discussion we got going on in there as well
    What?!? I've wanted to post here like forever! I lurk on the NET all the time, like a creepy Christian spy or something.

I'm the not-necessarily-secular member. They love me anyway. You'd both be welcome.

ETA: Oh, and I started by lurking, too. Eventually I just had to join.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Awww...I don't think we're exclusive. It's not the intent. It's really just a safe place where we can discuss whatever concerns we have going on without hearing, "Pray to Jesus for the answer" or "I'll pray for you". That's all fine and dandy for those that believe, but doesn't really do anything for us. We don't want to be saved. We're all happy (more or less). We have morals and standards and all that. We simply don't believe that there's an invisible man in the sky watching over our every move or dictating what we should and shouldn't do. None of us have a clue what happens when we die. We have our theories and have discussed them extensively throughout the years, but that really has no baring on how we live today.

Well, we minus one. One definitely has faith but I don't think it's of any organized thing. She may want to explain further...but I know she isn't secular and she still fits in perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I'm the not-necessarily-secular member. They love me anyway. You'd both be welcome.

ETA: Oh, and I started by lurking, too. Eventually I just had to join.

I wasn't gonna out ya Mandy. I actually forget sometimes. You blend so well

All I will say in here is that, knowing that this is a "secular" room, there are times when I do differ in opinion but I recognize that this isn't necessarily the place to get into a debate on the subject. Honestly, though, it's rarely a problem for me, but I do make a point to be respectful.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12