I inserted the 4 tablets vag at 7pm last night (800mcg total)...and other than some burning/twinges that I always get when I use meds/epo vaginally I haven't responded at all (almost 14hrs). My cervix is firmly closed and I can feel the meds...they haven't completely dissolved but I'm assuming that's the left-over inactive ingredients since it's formulated to be digested not dissolved.
Anyone need a second dose of the 800mcg vag to get things going?
I was wondering if this was going to happen...took 3x the usual dose of cervidil (after prepping my cervix with laminaria rods) to get things moving with my 2nd tri losses. Even f/t they have to give me the max dose of pitocin for the longest amount of time for my body to respond.
My biggest concern is hemorrhage...with my last two natural m/c and for most of my births I hemorrhage. When I'm induced whether for a loss or f/t the bleeding is even worse and usually requires pitocin and several days of methergine pills to keep it under control (they give me an initial shot of methergine and send me home with the pills).
I was hoping the first dose of misoprostol would be the nudge my body needed since I'm already bleeding but I'm concerned if we give it more than a nudge I'm going to hemorrhage.
I'm hoping to talk with the nurse this morning about it.
Thanks for letting me ramble ladies :hug:!!
My Dr inserted two, waited a couple of hours and inserted four . I finally had some cramping but not enough to do anything. He inserted four more after a few hours and I delivered Tanner within minutes. Be prepared for major labor cramps. I hope you have some good meds. Watch for bleeding. I began to hemmorage after thirty minutes of giving birth. They had to rush me into surgery because I had not expelled all of the placenta. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope it's a quick process for you. (((HUGS)))
Thanks Cindy :hugs:!!
My dr didn't prescribe pain meds :conf:!
I had to have curretage with both of my 2nd tri losses because of bleeding too only they didn't bother to take me into surgery (I have no idea why)...did it awake with only nubain (seriously thought my dr was ripping holes in my uterus for 30mins...*the* most physically painful thing I've ever gone through). My hemoglobin is usually 14ish and after my losses is was 9.
The cervidil was horrid...fever, chills, diarrhea, nausea, excruciating to take a deep breath, and transition type contrx. I've heard cytotec is similar and am nervous about it.
Honestly, a d&c is sounding really good about now and I'm going to ask the nurse if we can just combine it with a hysteroscopy since I'm supposed to have one done anyway. I've read they can be done at the same time.
My body has had 18 pregnancies...I don't think I'm being unrealistic to request a d&c...I really feel I have legitimate concerns.I'm so tired of the waiting...I have bled all but 7 days out of the last 5wks. I am ready to be done with this...
I am so sorry this process is taking so long, Kelly. I think requesting a D&C is totally reasonable and would be perfectly understandable at this point. My heart goes out to you.
I didn't do any vaginal mine were oral and i only took 2 pills and within 2 hours started having cramping by hour 3 i was in god awful pain took pain med's and 4 1/2 hours into it i passed the babies. 2 days later passed the rest of the placenta. Were they able to confirm that it was not ectopic? I'm so sorry you're going thru this, I know how you feel tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my MC and i'm still getting faint positives on my cheapie tests at home and my HCG level last friday was at a 3, I feel like i'm at a stand still. :( huge hugs, if you feel you need a DNC I would call and request one. huge :hugs:
Thanks lilya and Lucy :wub:!!
I went with a methotrexate injection...hoping it does what is needed to bring my numbers down.