2 weeks late, negative hpt...
Hello. I'd been on the nuvaring for about 6 or so years. I was actually off it for about 3 months recently and then on for a month (took it out early December). So all through December and January i have been off it again. I always had regular 28 day cycles almost like clockwork. Even when i was off for the 3 months it was pretty much right on give a day or 2. Even in January it was a couple days early. My last period would have started on January 2 and ended the 6th. It's now February 13 and Im 2 weeks late. i had very light spotting on the 31st... like a couple of drops. Im fairly certain I ovulated around the 14-16th..could have been a couple days later. I am having a ton of prego symptoms now and feel a kind of fluttery cramping in my lower abdomen. I've taken a few tests and all negative. Im going to my doctor's in the morning but has anyone else ever been through this before and turned out pregnant? Or are these all side effect from messing with my bc? like i said before, i was off for 3 months before and this NEVER happened. Here's hoping tho!
Please help this paranoid!
So, I've done my due research on all topics 'pregnant' and I have a good theoretical idea of how to know if you're pregnant. But the problem is, I've read up too many articles in which ladies have given examples proving these symptoms wrong. And as a result, I've ended up so paranoid.
I need help from some one to reassure me that I'm not pregnant. Just a little background, my BF and I last were together on Dec 14 ('12) and we did not have actual sex. He did enter me just a little and only for a few mins, and didn't come.
Now, 3 months later, I'm worrying myself sick because of all the 'possibilities' I've read about.
- I could get pregnant without having sex, and just by precum! (I didn't even know this word till a week ago)
- It's been claimed by many women that a pregnancy might remain hidden even to doctors for quite a few weeks
Now, following is my history:
- I have had all my 3 periods on time and normal (as far as I remember), but then, so many women claim to have had normal periods all through their pregnancies
- I don't have any of the usual symptoms like sore breasts, frequent urination, nausea or food cravings. But then many women can escape this as well during their pregnancy
- I DO get extremely moody/sad/emotional, but I've been like that for many months now, due to relationship issues.
- Finally, I took a HPT just last week which was a day before my periods, and it came out negative (followed the instruction of first sample in the morning etc).
In spite of all this, I have this almost indescribably crazy fear that I could be pregnant. Especially because I've put on quite some weight in the last few months and now particularly on my tummy. I am having gas and slight constipation and I can't stop imagining like I can feel flutters. Just a note though: I have hyphothyroidism and have been suffering from mild depression and fatigue for quite a long time.
Finally, I have always had regular periods with a 3-4 week cycle. My this month's periods have ended just today. Is it too soon to take a HPT tomorrow morning?
And is there any off-chance that I might actually be pregnant at this stage and just not know it? I am really not ready and just don't want to be one of those women who discover they were preggers only once they go into labour!
Please help.. this paranoia is driving me crazy!!
Ton of thanks in advance :)